Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1160 1161 1162 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-12-14 21:28:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
Generic winter songs like Jack Frost or frosty the snowman do not equate to stuff detailing "Virgin mothers" and "Jesus our lord" like silent night.

Completely different and just seasonal music adopted, don't be foolish enough to think they're the same thing.

How is it different? It's not.

Take "Silent Night" versus "Frosty the Snowman"

To an atheist both songs are about something completely ridiculous and fictional. One song you pretend is forcing a child to believe it's content is real and is in fact worshipping. The other you do not. They are no different. You just find one subject to be annoying.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-12-14 21:37:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
The difference is one song is from the most popular religion on the planet, and that's the only reason you encourage singing it instead of any other religion's song; Because where you live, that religion is socially acceptable.

The other is a song written about a season of the year, literally harmless.

They are both literally harmless. Where I live every religion is socially acceptable.

The reason that I do not object to songs being sung is that I am not a complete pussy that pretends to be offended by everything.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-12-14 22:10:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I only insulted lightweights that get offended by harmless childrens' songs, most of them find themselves in the privileged majority that you speak of. I am sure everyone in this thread objecting to them are in the privileged majority in America.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-12-14 22:30:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I would like to use my privilege to get a bunch of free stuff please...

What's this? What do you mean I can't get these benefits because I'm not a "minority"?

This "privilege" ***sucks :(
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-12-14 22:41:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
I don't care if you try to diminish or double up on your insulting, but I hope most of these posters that have addressed this subject from your country are in your majority; It shows they're without a doubt thinking purely on principle instead of blindly or with their privilege.

No, you see, all you are trying to do is insult me.

I don't try to silence anyone because I am a tolerant person. If you cannot handle a song then you cannot handle life. So as I said earlier, I do not object to songs being sung because I am not a complete pussy.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-12-14 22:47:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I have tolerated Nickleback for like a decade and a half...
I don't like it at all. But I'm not going to cry about it and claim to be oppressed because their music makes me feel like digging my eardrums out with a rusty icepick.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-12-14 22:48:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
Generic winter songs like Jack Frost or frosty the snowman do not equate to stuff detailing "Virgin mothers" and "Jesus our lord" like silent night.

Completely different and just seasonal music adopted, don't be foolish enough to think they're the same thing.

To an atheist both songs are about something completely ridiculous and fictional. One song you pretend is forcing a child to believe it's content is real and is in fact worshipping. The other you do not. They are no different. You just find one subject to be annoying.

Don't pretend to have a clue what an atheist thinks about anything if you can't understand the difference between a zygote and a baby.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-12-14 23:02:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Jassik said: »

Don't pretend to have a clue what an atheist thinks about anything if you can't understand the difference between a zygote and a baby.

Lol changing the subject to abortion when your argument is destroyed. Priceless.

A zygote is not a fetus. At least be honest when you try to represent my stance on something.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-12-14 23:03:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Endoq said: »
I have tolerated Nickleback for like a decade and a half...
I don't like it at all. But I'm not going to cry about it and claim to be oppressed because their music makes me feel like digging my eardrums out with a rusty icepick.

The only thing they are teaching to children by banning songs is intolerance.
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2015-12-14 23:08:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol changing the subject to abortion when your argument is destroyed. Priceless.

A zygote is not a fetus. At least be honest when you try to represent my stance on something.

It's not changing the subject, it speaks to your character. You have no interest in actually understanding anyone's perspective, you just pop in once in a while to make inflammatory statements and ridicule.

You don't have a clue what atheists think, give it up.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-12-14 23:11:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope the people will wake up soon and realise that political correctness is the opposite of tolerance.

With zero tolerance for things that may rub us the wrong way we welcome a fascist authoritarian dystopia.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-12-14 23:12:26
Link | Quote | Reply

@Jassik

Sure I do, but this has nothing to do with atheism. It has to do with your intolerance.
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2015-12-14 23:17:06
Link | Quote | Reply

@Jassik

Sure I do, but this has nothing to do with atheism. It has to do with your intolerance.

Nope, it's called the establishment clause. You're just so used to people being tolerant of your crackpot religion that you can't handle when they stop caring about your tantrums and cries of intolerance.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-12-14 23:28:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Such hate.

Good night Jassik. Thank you for not having children.
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-12-14 23:31:44
Link | Quote | Reply

@Jassik

Nope, it's called the establishment clause. You're just so used to people being tolerant of your crackpot religion that you can't handle when they stop caring about your tantrums and cries of intolerance.
Do you want to spread intolerance?
Do you think intolerance is a good thing?
VIP
By Jassik 2015-12-14 23:36:06
Link | Quote | Reply

@Jassik

Do you want to spread intolerance?
Do you think intolerance is a good thing?

Not at all. I'm tired of unreciprocated tolerance and the recent push from religious fanatics against other religions and non-religions. And, the constant perpetuation of the BS idea that America is a "christian nation".

Believe whatever you want, but do it quietly.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-12-14 23:39:39
Link | Quote | Reply

You can't tell me or anyone else to do anything "quietly".

Those groups against other groups would rather the other group do their stuff "quietly".
That "do it where we cant see it" or "quietly" is at the root of intolerance for the same thing you are complaining about.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2015-12-14 23:44:53
Link | Quote | Reply

That "do it where we cant see it" or "quietly" is at the root of intolerance for the same thing you are complaining about.

I'm a private citizen, I can tell you whatever I'd like. What's more intolerant: me telling you to stop preaching at everyone or you wanting to cleanse Islam from America?

Step outside of your bubble occasionally and view things from others' perspective. Non-religious people don't care what you believe, they don't think about it at all until it is being shoved in their faces.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-12-14 23:52:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a private citizen, I can tell you whatever I'd like. What's more intolerant: me telling you to stop preaching at everyone or you wanting to cleanse Islam from America?

Step outside of your bubble occasionally and view things from others' perspective. Non-religious people don't care what you believe, they don't think about it at all until it is being shoved in their faces.
First of all I don't "cleanse" anything.
If someones heart is receptive to the gospel I preach then that has nothing to do with me. If they aren't receptive I drop it.

And you are right, you have the right to speak into the wind just as much as I or any other person does.

And how exactly do I push something in your face? Did I bring thugs to tie you up so you would listen? Did I lock a chastity belt on you? Do I govern your money?

Please inform me on how I have oppressed you or anyone else.
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2015-12-15 00:06:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Shoving it in our face by bringing it into every single topic whether it's remotely relevant or not. Using it as justification for championing legislation that affects everyone. Ignoring or dismissing secular thought. Belittling people by implying that morality isn't innate. Need more?
[+]
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2015-12-15 00:47:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Shoving it in our face by bringing it into every single topic whether it's remotely relevant or not. Using it as justification for championing legislation that affects everyone. Ignoring or dismissing secular thought. Belittling people by implying that morality isn't innate. Need more?

Is this not the same thing that atheist are doing trying to remove things from schools, billboards, negative billboards against the churches? The Supreme Court legislation's you were talking about?
[+]
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2015-12-15 00:50:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Im Catholic, I pray everyday. I do not bring it up here because I feel faith is a personal matter between you and god. I am not offended by statements from atheists that my god is fake. In my eyes if it is real I hope I did good enough for heaven, if it is not real then I lived my life by a good set of standards and that makes me happy too.
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2015-12-15 00:55:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Slore said: »

Is this not the same thing that atheist are doing trying to remove things from schools, billboards, negative billboards against the churches? The Supreme Court legislation's you were talking about?

Atheists are protecting a 250 year old founding principle of the USA by removing religious symbolism from places it should never have been in the first place. That's exactly the opposite of pushing your religious values on everyone else.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-12-15 00:56:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Not everyone has the same religious values either so trying to create laws based on your own is a really shitty thing to do
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-12-15 00:56:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Atheists are protecting a 250 year old founding principle of the USA by removing religious symbolism from places it should never have been in the first place. That's exactly the opposite of pushing your religious values on everyone else.
Examples please?
VIP
By Jassik 2015-12-15 00:57:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Examples please?

No jesus or angels in schools. The exact thing that sparked the discussion.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 1160 1161 1162 ... 1375 1376 1377