Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1152 1153 1154 ... 1375 1376 1377
By Jetackuu 2015-12-11 15:45:10
Link | Quote | Reply

It's interesting as they've "won" the presidency twice in that time.
By Jetackuu 2015-12-11 15:46:14
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
If Hillary gets elected she will set the dangerous precedent of women wanting to be president...

The last thing we need is women in politics.

Just think, one day this person could be running:

Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-12-11 15:46:28
Link | Quote | Reply

If Hillary gets elected she will set the dangerous precedent of Chelsea Clinton wanting to be president...

ftfy
[+]
By maldini 2015-12-11 15:46:38
Link | Quote | Reply

so question to all the trump supporters who agree on banning Muslims from entering the country and monitoring the ones in the country:
What if tomorrow millions of Americans practiced their rights and converted to Islam, do they get free ankle trackers or chipped?
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-12-11 15:47:44
Link | Quote | Reply

maldini said: »
so question to all the trump supporters who agree on banning Muslims from entering the country and monitoring the ones in the country:
What if tomorrow millions of Americans practiced their rights and converted to Islam, do they get free ankle trackers or chipped?

Even if he gets elected it'll never happen. Politicians talk extremes but rarely ever deliver on them.
By fonewear 2015-12-11 15:48:56
Link | Quote | Reply

First Hillary wants to be President then she wants to transform America into a feminist state of existence...wait that already happened ! Why wasn't I told about this !
VIP
By Jassik 2015-12-11 15:50:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Jassik said: »
Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
I can't imagine Hillary winning though. Another democrat seems unlikely, especially with the conservative shift going on.

There's a nationalist shift, there's also a populist shift. I'm curious why you think either of those are "conservative".

Because you're the only person who thinks your definition of conservative is the only one that exists?

That's not what I was talking about at all. Partisan fluctuations and social politics ebb and flow, I'm asking about an actual shift in the thinking of Americans and what makes nationalism and populism partisan in any regard.
By maldini 2015-12-11 15:55:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Even if he gets elected it'll never happen. Politicians talk extremes but rarely ever deliver on them.

Wasn't this dude a politician? I think he delivered...
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-12-11 15:56:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Garuda.Chanti said: »
I remember Trump signed a thingy about not running as independent candidate if he is not chosen as the rep rep(I wanted to say this!); did Sanders do something similar or is there the possibility he'll just be there to screw over Clinton's votes?
Trump has been threatening an independent run this last week.

Bernie hasn't the ego for an independent run and wouldn't want to hand the election to the GOP in any event.
So that signature of Trump was all for show and not really an obligation?
Not a legally binding document.

And he has said repeatedly that his personal nuclear option will only be exercised if the GOP machine treats him unfairly. As there is already talk of an open, or brokered, convention I think a nice bowl of popcorn would be called for.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-12-11 16:00:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Wasn't this dude a politician? I think he delivered...
He was just a guy who was really passionate about architecture, but couldn't get a decent job in the field... and then did a lot of meth to figure out the cause and to find out the final solution to all of life's problems.

Lesson is: Don't do meth.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-12-11 16:02:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Lesson is: Don't do meth.

You know, I think a "meth turns you into Hitler" ad campaign would be more effective than what they have now.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-12-11 16:02:50
Link | Quote | Reply

His intentions weren't even all that different from many other characters in history. He just happened to also think that people of different ethnicity should be slaughtered, but hey nobody's perfect right?!
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-12-11 16:06:29
Link | Quote | Reply

His intentions weren't even all that different from many other characters in history. He just happened to also think that people of different ethnicity should be slaughtered, but hey nobody's perfect right?!
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-12-11 16:15:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Just notClinton has to win. I don't think Trump will cause too many problems or even be able to do most of the stuff he's pandering about.
We can't allow Trump to win, he is the ultimate troll.

If Trump wins, that's a signal for more trolls to try...
Well I wanted Paul (even donated :/ ). Walker would have been ok. But now, it seems like Rubio is the only one who can defeat Clinton according to the polls. Rubio is ok I guess. Better than Cruz or Christie.

Trump's numbers are higher than a stoner at the pot palace though. It's all fun and games until the primaries.
I have been leaning towards Rubio as of late.

But then again, when the liberals see him as a threat, some false story will come out just to demean him. You know, character assassination. It happened many times before....
Try this on for size:

We already elected a one term senator with appeal to an ethnic minority. You can see how well THAT worked....
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-12-11 16:21:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Granted that I'm not advocating dictatorship(unless you put me in charge as absolute queen), but there are times that the imperfectness of democracy really makes me angry. Because it doesn't matter who is elected, the changes they wanna apply very often take forever! Especially cause the opposing party(whichever it is at the time)spends too much time stopping everything without being constructive, sometimes even in a contradictory manner just for flagwaving and putting down the other guys.
By maldini 2015-12-11 16:41:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Granted that I'm not advocating dictatorship(unless you put me in charge as absolute queen), but there are times that the imperfectness of democracy really makes me angry. Because it doesn't matter who is elected, the changes they wanna apply very often take forever! Especially cause the opposing party(whichever it is at the time)spends too much time stopping everything without being constructive, sometimes even in a contradictory manner just for flagwaving and putting down the other guys.

Don't be frustrated by Democracy - it is as potent and as just as the people who it governs. If they're not governing themselves, someone or something (reptile overlords!!) will fill that vacuum.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-12-11 16:47:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't be frustrated by Democracy - it is as potent and as just as the people who it governs. If they're not governing themselves, someone or something (plutocrats) will fill that vacuum.
Fixed.
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-12-11 16:50:31
Link | Quote | Reply

The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-12-11 17:07:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter.

But but free college !

[+]
By fonewear 2015-12-11 17:10:01
Link | Quote | Reply

This is my favorite: if you squint your eyes you can read in the Constitution the right to a free education.

Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2015-12-11 17:15:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I want my masters in womens lit to be free so I can graduate and still not get a job! Liberals ugh
[+]
By maldini 2015-12-11 17:16:12
Link | Quote | Reply

This is my favorite: if you squint your eyes you can read in the Constitution the right to a free education.

More Guns will solve this.. lots more guns.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-12-11 17:16:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's bring Mussolini back that turned out pretty well right ?
By fonewear 2015-12-11 17:21:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Not all dictators are bad people I mean come you got Pol Pot Saddam Hussein Gaddafi and so on.
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2015-12-11 17:23:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Not all dictators are bad people I mean come you got Pol Pot Saddam Hussein Gaddafi and so on.

Call them what you want I won't say they good people but they kept them radicals in check pretty good
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-12-11 17:24:34
Link | Quote | Reply

The funny thing is, with the internet around, you really have no excuse for not educating yourself.
By fonewear 2015-12-11 17:24:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Slore said: »

Call them what you want I won't say they good people but they kept them radicals in check pretty good

Nothing makes a radical tremble in fear than a more radical ...radical !
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-12-11 17:26:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, people spend all of their internet time on social media...so information comes from other uneducated facebook posts, which are probably taken from some meme, that was also used out of context and got the meaning completely wooshed.

Yay internet!
[+]
By fonewear 2015-12-11 17:27:42
Link | Quote | Reply

How can you expect someone to care about education online when you got millions of *** and *** to distract you ?
By maldini 2015-12-11 17:36:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Slore said: »

what if... i mean what if... all those years you thought they were keeping them in check, they were really oppressing them so much that they created them...not likely right? more likely that they just popped out of their mamma's bellies and said "Jihad mfuka", amarite?
First Page 2 3 ... 1152 1153 1154 ... 1375 1376 1377