Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1147 1148 1149 ... 1375 1376 1377
By volkom 2015-12-10 10:48:51
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
You are all wrong ISIS is killing people to show the dangers of global warming. They are on a crusadejihad to stop carbon emissions.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-12-10 10:49:08
Link | Quote | Reply

charlo999 said: »
you are ignorantly liberal minded
Yeah, this is literally a contradictory statement.

Try again.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-12-10 10:49:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said: »
There's always an easier way to tell if an immigrant is an Islamist fanatic or open minded willing to take onboard another culture and worldview. Take them into a room with a pastor and have them read the bible, especially the gospels.
Yes, lets force people* to listen to scripture in a secular country that values seperation of church and state.

I'm voting for the Santanic Bible, Ishtar's Descent into the Underworld, or maybe Egypt's book of the dead. A little paganism shouldn't be a problem for all the monothestic individuals, right?

*Why limit this to Muslims? I call for all immigrants to be tested on their open minded willingness to take onboard another culture and worldview.

You don't understand this because you fail to understand the fanatical Muslim and that Muslims beliefs on the bible. And that is in turn because you are ignorantly liberal minded in your approach. And that's stopping you from understanding the ideology. Which is very dangerous.
So your liberal rant and knee jerk finger pointing means as much as your attempt to parallel the idea with all religions.
The truth is never scared to listen to a lie. Even the bitter tastes sweet to those who have it.
Because ISIS hasn't destroyed World Heritage sites dealing in pagan worship dating back a few thousand years or Mesopotamian religious icons?

Oh wait, they have.

Christianity isn't the only religion in town and it isn't the only religion ISIS targets.

If you actually cared about people being open minded or willing to experience other cultures you wouldn't care which religion was discussed to "test for Islamic fanaticism".

But that wasn't the point of your suggestion. It was a poorly veiled attempt to proselytize to non-believers of your religion

Wrong , wrong and wrong. Do some research and try understanding my point again.
Wait, are you saying that ISIS didn't destroy World Heritage sites for their war against all religions except their own?

On that note, what is your point again? To force religious tests on people? To demand that they alter their culture to suit your own? To create a registry of people who you deem to be a threat?

Oh wait, that last one's Trump's idea, sorry, my bad.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-12-10 10:50:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I think ISIS would be a good thing for the environment so I think we should encourage them. So a few people get killed but 100 years from now when you are driving a Toyota Prius. Won't you be happy ?
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-12-10 10:50:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
It seems like a succinct reflection of the current state of geopolitical politics as of late.

A bunch of guys that don't trust each other with nary a woman in sight?

Add that to the list.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-12-10 10:50:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
you are ignorantly liberal minded
Yeah, this is literally a contradictory statement.

Try again.
No, there are plenty of examples of ignorant liberals.

Just look at Washington DC for prime examples.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-12-10 10:51:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Less SUV driving Christians and the like better the Earth is.

Yeah. That's why ISIS favors the Toyata Hilux, which can't be sold in the U.S. due to not passing emission standards.

Jokes aside, please try again.

Also, write Congress and tell them they need to let the Hilux be sold here. *** endurance incarnate in vehicle form. It's poor emission ratings would readily be offset by the number of refuse vehicles and conservation of materials needed in making new vehicles.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-12-10 10:52:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Less SUV driving Christians and the like better the Earth is.

Yeah. That's why ISIS favors the Toyata Hilux, which can't be sold in the U.S. due to not passing emission standards.

Jokes aside, please try again.

Also, write Congress and tell them they need to let the Hilux be sold here. *** endurance incarnate in vehicle form.
Or let Volkswagen make them instead.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-12-10 10:52:59
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
volkom said: »
Should have them watch movies.
what about the

I'm not ashamed to admit that I own this.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-12-10 10:53:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you saying ISIS hasn't destroyed World Heritage sites or pagan monuments?
By fonewear 2015-12-10 10:57:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I heard ISIS is working with Stephen Spielberg to make a new Indiana Jones movie.
By Ramyrez 2015-12-10 11:00:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I heard ISIS is working with Stephen Spielberg to make a new Indiana Jones movie.

Actually I think that may explain Shia Lebouff's participation in the last one.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-12-10 11:04:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Indiana Jones and the الأميركيين قذرة القذرة just doesn't have a good ring to it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-12-10 11:06:25
Link | Quote | Reply

There is going to be another one after that absolutely horrid crystal skull one?
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-12-10 11:08:57
Link | Quote | Reply

There is going to be another one after that absolutely horrid crystal skull one?

Probably. There's a competition among movie producers to see who can be the first to accidentally kill Harrison Ford during filming.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-12-10 11:09:51
Link | Quote | Reply

"Maybe, as long as Harrison Ford is in it," is basically where the series stands right now. Spielberg has said he won't let anyone else play Indy, which I soundly applaud.

I didn't hate Crystal Skull the way everyone did, but it was still the weakest of the series.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-12-10 11:16:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I just can't wait for the reviews of the new Star Wars movie to come in.

I'm pretty sure that movie will be bad, but at least they have this:

[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-12-10 11:16:06
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-12-10 11:17:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I hate that the prequel to the Alien series, 'Prometheus', took the same route.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-12-10 11:20:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes!!!

Mil and I went to see it based off a movie trailor that didn't show half the movie (which seems to be the norm now) and it was....severely disappointing.
[+]
By volkom 2015-12-10 11:21:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Charlize Theron whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. You just had to run perpendicular to the donut spaceship T_T
[+]
By charlo999 2015-12-10 11:26:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you saying ISIS hasn't destroyed World Heritage sites or pagan monuments?

Your giving answers to questions that haven't been asked. This is because you don't understand the point. Go back and read what I said and try to understand specifically what fanatics think of the bible and how they view reading and learning from it. And how no other book comes close.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-12-10 11:27:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
While this might seem like a joke it is eerily relevant to what is going on around the world right now.

These extremists that are taking the lead all over are playing exactly into the hands of ISIS. ISIS want us to marginilize muslims living in our countries, they want us to create a culture of division among us. In France the other day it was proposed a law that is basically internment camps for muslims..
Then don't wonder why these guys would suddenly revolt against our governments.

Sidenote but do you remember last time nationalism was at its peak? Only little more than 100 years ago. Are we waiting for a Sarajevo?
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-12-10 11:28:25
Link | Quote | Reply

This is because you don't understand the point.

The point is you're a proselytizing troll, you just don't realize it.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-12-10 11:30:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
While this might seem like a joke it is eerily relevant to what is going on around the world right now.

That's sort of the thing about the Daily show and it's like, though. Just because it's delivered in a humorous fashion doesn't make it any less true.

It just has a self-awareness that things like Fox and MSNBC severely lack.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-12-10 11:32:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes!!!

Mil and I went to see it based off a movie trailor that didn't show half the movie (which seems to be the norm now) and it was....severely disappointing.

Supposedly, it was rushed and edited all to Hell. Kind of the same situation with Kubrick kicking the bucket at the end of 'Eyes Wide Shut'.

I still can't get past the Ancient Alien theory fad being injected into beloved franchises.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Enuyasha 2015-12-10 11:42:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes!!!

Supposedly, it was rushed and edited all to Hell. Kind of the same situation with Kubrick kicking the bucket at the end of 'Eyes Wide Shut'.

I still can't get past the Ancient Alien theory fad being injected into beloved franchises.
i mean, that was like the whole thing with the Alien series....someone created the Xenomorphs, they didnt just occur naturally :<

Im certain if AVP/:R didnt bomb so bad we would have more of a link with prometheus between both of those series too...but meh.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-12-10 11:44:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Your
You're*
By volkom 2015-12-10 11:44:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Your
You're*