Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1142 1143 1144 ... 1375 1376 1377
By charlo999 2015-12-09 04:39:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
He went there. This morning the question being asked is whether Donald Trump has finally crossed the line? Let’s face it; it’s not politically correct to call for a, “total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States” and Trump knows this. But as he has said countless times, he doesn’t have time for political correctness. He believes this country doesn’t have time for political correctness. It’s worked for him so far. Trump went big and bold. It’s why his supporters love him and why his critics can’t stand him.

This is classic Donald Trump. He loves to go for the big shocking statements and generalizations (Build a wall and have Mexico pay for it, Hispanics love me, evangelicals love me, I’m the most militaristic person ever, I will be the greatest jobs president that God ever created). This is what he does and even his critics will admit that it’s been effective from a political standpoint. In his book, The Art of the Deal Trump made a very clear point on how he operates. He said back then: "A little hyperbole never hurts…"People want to believe that something is the biggest and the greatest and the most spectacular ... It's an innocent form of exaggeration - and a very effective form of promotion."

So once again Donald Trump has grabbed the headlines away from other candidates. Good or bad, Trump would rather have the media talking about him and his views rather than spending as much time on the other candidates. When other candidates get more airtime that’s bad for business. But now comes the hard part and I’m not talking about the political fallout.

While the media will beat him up talk about how this move is hateful and unconstitutional, Trump needs to follow up his bold statement about Muslims and delve in to the deeper discussion of why radical Islamic terrorists hate our way of life. In other words, if Trump is going to come out with a statement like he did about all Muslims, then he might as well go for the whole enchilada, which is explaining the underlying theological problems with Islam and the Quran. What does he have to lose at this point? Clearly, he’s trying to figure out why there is so much hate coming from a segment of the Muslim community. Well, he needs to bring in experts to better explain the situation. He started to hit at it last night when he told the audience, “They want to change your religion.” Well, the truth is radical Islamists do indeed want to establish a global caliphate where everyone lives under Muslim rule. But he can’t leave it there. He has an opportunity to shed light in this area because he has such a huge powerful megaphone. Will he do it? Can he do it? Once again, if he can’t (and he will be the first to admit that he is no expert on this) then find some people that can and lead the discussion. That’s what leaders do. They don’t just point out problems and move on. They bring something up and then take steps to figure it out. You know, Trump takes pride is saying how he led the way on the immigration discussion. Well now, he has a real opening to do the same here.

One last thought, The Brody File has always believed that the only person who can defeat Donald Trump is Donald Trump. Even his closest allies know this. I also believe that all along this has been a game of, “Don’t Spill The Beans.” Do you remember it? The object is to toss all of your plastic beans into the pot without tipping it over and "spilling the beans". Trump has deposited plenty of beans into that pot during this campaign. Will this be the bean that tips the pot over? The Brody File predicts that won’t happen. And when it comes to evangelicals, Trump has a real opportunity here to thoughtfully delve into the taboo issues of what is in the Quran: that is, Sharia Law and Jihad. But it can’t be just shock value on stage. It can't be just for huge applause lines. To resonate with evangelicals, it will have to be deeper than that. He can forge a deeper connection with evangelicals if he’ll have the courage to be a truth-teller on the core issue, which lies in the teachings of the Quran. If he makes it about just banning Muslims into America then that is shortsighted and he will lose politically. But if he turns this into a movement to get Islamic leaders to denounce Sharia and Jihad (concepts that are in their own book) and moves the ball down the field in that regard, then he’ll resonate with evangelicals on this issue. I'm not saying Islamic leaders will be listening to Trump on this because of his past statements but evangelicals are listening and they want to hear the unvarnished truth about the concerns regarding Islam spoken without a filter. Trump has no problem speaking without a filter, that's for sure.

I agree mostly except I can't see how you can reform core doctrine of something people believe is the word of God. Especially as that belief enables its followers to lie to hide its intentions if those intentions could bring about persecution to the believer whilst living under a different world view.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-12-09 04:50:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said: »
It's an article from the daily mail a tabloid in the UK.

The US has accepted less than 3,000 Syrian Refugees in total of all faiths since 2011. Not sure where this article is getting their numbers from
With a slogan/motto of "Scouring the Bowels of the Internet" you can't go wrong.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-12-09 04:56:04
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not about politicl correctness what Trump said. It's outright isolationism(spiced with bigotry) that doesn't belong to the modern era.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2015-12-09 06:09:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
It's not about politicl correctness what Trump said. It's outright isolationism(spiced with bigotry) that doesn't belong to the modern era.

He's saying whatever he thinks will cause lots of controversy but saying in such a way that he could easily defend it in retrospect. He's basically trolling the media to see how far they'll take what he says and run with it. He knows everyone else will hem and haw, afraid to be labeled as "not tolerant / bigoted" and instead he's embracing it to comical levels. It's a tactic known as Agree and Amplify.

Ex

Other Guy: Dude your shirt looks gay
Me: (in best flaming stereotypical voice) Oh yeah baby, you know you luv it (big wink).

You take whatever the insult or insinuation is and you just amplify it into absurdity while maintaining a straight face.

I've said this before, you guys are watching a master at his art. He's not even trying to win, just to raise his brand recognition and thus it's value.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-12-09 06:13:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't doubt the idea that he might be aware of what he's doing and doing it all on purpose.

What I don't understand is what he gets from it. Is he really a democrat trying to boycot reps from the inside? lol
By charlo999 2015-12-09 06:33:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally think at minimum there could be a thorough religious questioning about that persons beliefs on said religion(do you want sharia law? Do you view it above the constitution? Etc) by an unbiased expert scholar that could catch out the fanatics, under lie defector conditions as a safeguard on entry.
That could apply to all beliefs.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-12-09 06:48:27
Link | Quote | Reply

charlo999 said: »
lie defector
Loool.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-12-09 07:31:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »

The US has accepted less than 3,000 Syrian Refugees in total of all faiths since 2011. Not sure where this article is getting their numbers from
With a slogan/motto of "Scouring the Bowels of the Internet" you can't go wrong.

Surely you are talking about FFXIAH !
By Ramyrez 2015-12-09 07:41:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
I've said this before, you guys are watching a master at his art. He's not even trying to win, just to raise his brand recognition and thus it's value.

It's not about him. People have always said the stupid ***he says. The upsetting thing about the ***he says isn't what he's saying. It's how many people are willing to embrace it so readily.

That is the disturbing thing.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-12-09 07:43:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Cameroon troops invaded and destroyed Nigerian villages

Brown people killing brown people, little negative economic impact, rest of the world remains unconcerned.

See: Rwanda.
By fonewear 2015-12-09 07:52:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »

Brown people killing brown people, little negative economic impact, rest of the world remains unconcerned.

I care deeply about Africa and African Americans !
By fonewear 2015-12-09 07:53:08
Link | Quote | Reply

In fact I joined Obama's My brother's keeper program.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/my-brothers-keeper
By fonewear 2015-12-09 07:54:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm mentoring young black men teaching them how to feel again !
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-12-09 07:58:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Boko Haram is an ally of IS, if he gets more oil that's more capital for the caliphate.
By Ramyrez 2015-12-09 08:01:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Boko Haram is an ally of IS, if he gets more oil that's more capital for the caliphate.

Yeah. Have you see the West's response to Boko Haram?

I'm not asking sarcastically. I'd really like to know if you've seen it. It's gone missing. If found, please return so we can get it where it's supposed to go!
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-12-09 08:03:34
Link | Quote | Reply

They gave them ebola to weaken the opposition. It's all part of the plan of the elite to sow chaos.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-12-09 08:07:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Is this your attempt at concern for Nigeria? It's not working. Honestly it's coming off kinda assy.
By Jetackuu 2015-12-09 08:08:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Jetackuu said: »
More fear-mongering op-ed, and misunderstanding of the facts, continue.
Just be honest will you, you simply don't care if a liberal gets away with it.

I sent those kids on a trip to Canada with their pesky dog too.
By fonewear 2015-12-09 08:08:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Africa has a clear liberal bias that is for sure !
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-12-09 08:09:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
Is this your attempt at concern for Nigeria? It's not working. Honestly it's coming off kinda assy.
I post news from all around the world. Not everyone is like you where everything is about american politics. If you don't care about the war in Nigeria you can stfu.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-12-09 08:50:58
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Africa has a clear liberal bias that is for sure !

they made the tragic and fatal mistake of welcoming g dubya with open arms and high praise for his aids efforts....

/soup nazi

no aid for you!
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-12-09 08:55:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I post news from all around the world. Not everyone is like you where everything is about american politics. If you don't care about the war in Nigeria you can stfu.

Oh yeah yeah yeah I remember you talking about Nigeria all the time for the last five minutes anyway.

I will paraphrase: "Hey guys I care about Nigeria now. All of you racists don't because it's just black people killing black people. See what a big heart I have? You all suck. America sucks."
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-12-09 08:57:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I never said a single one of those things. Find someone else to pick a fight with if you're that bored.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-12-09 09:00:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yeah yeah yeah I remember you talking about Nigeria all the time for the last five minutes anyway.

I will paraphrase: "Hey guys I care about Nigeria now. All of you racists don't because it's just black people killing black people. See what a big heart I have? You all suck. America sucks."

[+]
By Luminohelix 2015-12-09 09:04:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »

I want a snickers too :3!
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-12-09 09:04:45
Link | Quote | Reply

You realize the national enquirer the biggest US tabloid is the institution that broke the Clinton/Lewinski scandal right?

And since the Paris attacks has accepted 3 Christians.

Clearly a case of religious discrimination, but as liberals ideology goes, it's perfectly acceptable to discriminate against Christians.
By Ramyrez 2015-12-09 09:06:53
Link | Quote | Reply

A few things:

- That was my comment, and the assertion is accurate. The global community doesn't really care much when African nations go to war with each other, or internally. Again, Rwanda is an excellent example given we openly support and give humanitarian prizes to a brutal murderer because he manages to keep things running smoothly allowing for our own movement and operation in the region.

- That said, our response is perfectly understandable. It's a very sticky situation and we can't police everything at once. If it doesn't have a direct negative effect on us -- economic or otherwise -- getting involved is not priority. It's sad, but it's also a pragmatic fact. You put out the fire endangering your house before saving the guy's across the street. If he doesn't have it under control once you're safe, then maybe you pitch in.

- I love my country. You really need to get off your *** high horse pretending you love America and our values while attempting to besmirch me for "hating America." Self-assessment and correction of flaws is integral to personal responsibility, something libertarian types claim to value so highly.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-12-09 09:07:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it started out that way, but once he said a few things and people rallied to him, he figured lets see where this goes..

I've said it before, he's 100x better of a choice than Hillary Clinton.
By Ramyrez 2015-12-09 09:09:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »

I think it started out that way, but once he said a few things and people rallied to him, he figured lets see where this goes..

I've said it before, he's 100x better of a choice than Hillary Clinton.

Not arguing the fact, but I am going to state that nothing multiplied by nothing remains nothing. And multiplying negative numbers sends things spiraling into despair.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-12-09 09:11:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I was paraphrasing your conversation with Ramycakes. It's right there.

If I eat that Snickers I won't have room for kiffles.
First Page 2 3 ... 1142 1143 1144 ... 1375 1376 1377