Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1141 1142 1143 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-12-08 14:03:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Also lol@Trump being there to stop Rand Paul, a guy with limited appeal in the first place. Randy was going down in flames and he didn't Donald Trump to do him in.
Idk, I can't find the article. It was at least a month ago or so. I should have read it to find out what that theory was based on.

Rand Paul is a fierce isolationist, and his opposition to funding the current war effort has at times worked to his benefit, but not in the current political climate. He has yet to have any kind of positive moment during his campaign, whether its a debate, a vote, a tagline, anything. He should just focus on his re-election bid.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-12-08 14:07:13
Link | Quote | Reply

According to these poll results, Rubio is the only one who can stop Clinton.

Carson by a very slim margin too, but I wouldn't vote for that guy. Rubio seems alright though.

Kasich and Rubio were the only ones I could half-way stomach. Then, I'm reminded of a couple of their previous stances on social issues and question my own judgement. I can't see Sanders realistically passing through any progressive legislation. Gary Johnson is DOA since he doesn't receive attention. I don't want the Republicans, as they are now, to have the opportunity to fill seats on the Supreme Court.

What a clusterfuck.
[+]
By charlo999 2015-12-08 14:12:18
Link | Quote | Reply

It's only a matter of time when we follow suit with Alan Sugar then Bono the way people are elected/voted for nowadays. It's like watching XFactor the government edition.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-12-08 14:13:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
I guess you're only unamerican if your a rich white guy.
you're
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-12-08 14:19:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
I can't see Sanders realistically passing through any progressive legislation.
Just like I can't see Trump or Carson realistically passing any of their batshit crazy ideas through either.
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-12-08 14:24:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Not really though... smh
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-12-08 14:36:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Hypocrisy, thy name is Obama.

Quote:
America is about to accept 9000 Syrian Muslims, refugees of the brutal war between the Assad regime and its Sunni opposition, which includes ISIS, Al Qaeda, and various other militias. That number is predicted to increase each year. There are no Christian refugees that will be admitted.

Why? Because the Department of State is adhering with all the rigidity of a Soviet era bureaucracy to the rule that only people at risk from massacres launched by the regime qualify for refugee status. The rapes of Christian women and the butchery of Christian children do not count. No matter how moved Americans were this Christmas season by the plight of their fellow Christ followers in Syria and Iraq, no matter how horrific the visuals of beheadings, enslavement, and mass murder, the Christians fleeing death do not engender the compassion of this president.

The Christians are being raped, tortured, and murdered by militias, not by the Syrian government. This technicality condemns them to continue to be victims without hope. And this technicality is being adhered to with all the tenacity with which President Franklin D. Roosevelt’s State Department manipulated quotas and created subterfuges to keep out the Jews fleeing the oppression of Nazi Germany. Obama no more wants the Middle East’s Christian refugees than Roosevelt wanted Europe’s Jewish refugees.

There you go, on a technicality Obama will deny one religious group in favor of another. But as we've seen again and again, liberalism only permits outrage at those who would reinforce christian values and entirely permits those who would ***over them to go on as they please.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-12-08 14:38:16
Link | Quote | Reply

More fear-mongering op-ed, and misunderstanding of the facts, continue.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-12-08 14:40:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
More fear-mongering op-ed, and misunderstanding of the facts, continue.
Just be honest will you, you simply don't care if a liberal gets away with it.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-12-08 14:42:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Blogs are not legitimate sources. Keep digging that hole nausi for our entertainment.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-12-08 14:46:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Hypocrisy, thy name is Obama.

Quote:
America is about to accept 9000 Syrian Muslims, refugees of the brutal war between the Assad regime and its Sunni opposition, which includes ISIS, Al Qaeda, and various other militias. That number is predicted to increase each year. There are no Christian refugees that will be admitted.

Why? Because the Department of State is adhering with all the rigidity of a Soviet era bureaucracy to the rule that only people at risk from massacres launched by the regime qualify for refugee status. The rapes of Christian women and the butchery of Christian children do not count. No matter how moved Americans were this Christmas season by the plight of their fellow Christ followers in Syria and Iraq, no matter how horrific the visuals of beheadings, enslavement, and mass murder, the Christians fleeing death do not engender the compassion of this president.

The Christians are being raped, tortured, and murdered by militias, not by the Syrian government. This technicality condemns them to continue to be victims without hope. And this technicality is being adhered to with all the tenacity with which President Franklin D. Roosevelt’s State Department manipulated quotas and created subterfuges to keep out the Jews fleeing the oppression of Nazi Germany. Obama no more wants the Middle East’s Christian refugees than Roosevelt wanted Europe’s Jewish refugees.

There you go, on a technicality Obama will deny one religious group in favor of another. But as we've seen again and again, liberalism only permits outrage at those who would reinforce christian values and entirely permits those who would ***over them to go on as they please.
This was written in January. Christians have been admitted since then. US also hasn't taken in 9000 Syrian refugees, not even close to that number.

So the guys predictions were wrong.

There are several religious organizations actively supporting Syrian Christian refugees in the US and those who have been accepted abroad. As many -according to that site- are residing in Lebanon
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-12-08 14:49:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Reading the associated source materials, Christian refugees don't typically settle in the refugee camps from where those chosen to resettle in the US are considered. It seems like a matter of not being able to locate them perhaps? Chill on the persecution complex for once. It's not like they're finding these refugees through flyers or something.

Besides, aren't you always railing against Obama's use of executive privilege and "lawlessness"? Wouldn't this qualify as that if he were to ignore stated rules?

Edit: Ah didn't notice the date :(((
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-12-08 15:03:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I find it interesting that atheist seem to only attack Christianity while defending all other religions.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-12-08 15:07:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Endoq said: »
I find it interesting that atheist seem to only attack Christianity while defending all other religions.

I find it interesting that a select few Christian commenters here have the balls to *** about being persecuted for their religion while persecuting others for their religion (or lack thereof).

No one is defending any religion. We're defending your right to practice a religion as long as you're not forcing your beliefs on others. You know. Like the First Amendment you claim to love describes.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-12-08 15:07:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »

Is anyone actually attacking Christianity? No? Let's move on.
Ok "oppose" might be a better descriptive word then.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-12-08 15:09:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Christianity isn't being singled out.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-12-08 15:09:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Thou shalt not bear false witness. *finger wags*

I criticized all three monotheisms no less than two pages ago as being death cults. Thou shalt read back posts.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-12-08 15:09:43
Link | Quote | Reply

The regime is discriminating against Christians. While insisting that Trump be disqualified from presidential aspirations because he wants to temporarily stop Muslim immigration.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-12-08 15:10:59
Link | Quote | Reply

lol regime.
[+]
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2015-12-08 15:17:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Also lol@Trump being there to stop Rand Paul, a guy with limited appeal in the first place. Randy was going down in flames and he didn't Donald Trump to do him in.
Idk, I can't find the article. It was at least a month ago or so. I should have read it to find out what that theory was based on.

Rand Paul is a fierce isolationist, and his opposition to funding the current war effort has at times worked to his benefit, but not in the current political climate. He has yet to have any kind of positive moment during his campaign, whether its a debate, a vote, a tagline, anything. He should just focus on his re-election bid.

Actually, in the last debate he did a good job of attacking Rubio (and Bush, and Kasich, really) on the family tax break/military that Marco proposed. The audience did cheer him on that, so he's had one thing, at least.

Overall though he's definitely under-performed as a candidate.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-12-08 15:20:06
Link | Quote | Reply

The regime is discriminating against Christians. While insisting that Trump be disqualified from presidential aspirations because he wants to temporarily stop Muslim immigration.

No it is not discriminating against Christians, and you have certainly not been able to post a shred of evidence to support this lie.
[+]
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2015-12-08 18:15:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Democrats running with Trump comment about banning Muslim immigration until they can be better vetted comment. I must say I do kind of agree but what makes me laugh is how quickly democrats forget history. Hillary said today that a democrat would never propose something like that and republicans are racist. I am not old enough to remember the Carter years but I did pay attention in history class and during the iranian crisis then President Carter banned all Iranians from entering the United States for almost 1.5 years until President Regan took over. Not sticking up for one over the other but really if your going to call out an entire party for suggesting something a democrat president did before you have no right to talk.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-12-08 18:17:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Actually Christie called him ridiculous and J Bush demented.

So what's your point?
As you can see Trump's idiocy has no party boundaries.
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2015-12-08 18:22:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually Christie called him ridiculous and J Bush demented.

So what's your point?
As you can see Trump's idiocy has no party boundaries.

The point is the double standard that democrats hold. How can you call a party out for doing the exact thing your party did in the past?
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-12-08 18:25:16
Link | Quote | Reply

So since someone mentioned we're nearing WW3 earlier today...

Cameroon troops invaded and destroyed Nigerian villages
Quote:
FUFORE, Nigeria (AP) — Cameroonian troops crossed the border into Nigeria, killed about 150 villagers, burned their huts and forced them to flee, Nigerian refugees said Tuesday after walking for days to reach a refugee center.

Cameroon's government denied the charges, that come amid growing tensions between Nigeria and its neighbors over the Boko Haram Islamic uprising that has spilled over Nigeria's borders.

Farmer Mariamu Abubakar said Cameroonian soldiers on Nov. 30 killed about 150 people in his village near Nigeria's Banki border post, stole their livestock and set their huts ablaze.

He was among 643 refugees who arrived Monday night at Adamawa's Fufore transit center. Soldiers who screened them said they came from Gamboru to Banki, a 150-kilometer (95-mile) stretch along Nigeria's border with Cameroon.

While it is unclear who attacked whom and why, it is "a real humanitarian disaster," said David Miliband, the visiting president of the New York-based International Rescue Committee. "They are unable to go home because it's not yet safe and because they fear for their lives."

Nigeria's petroleum minister said last week he expects a major oil discovery soon in the Lake Chad Basin, likely to fuel more border conflicts in the northeastern part of Nigeria that joins Chad, Cameroon and Niger.

Earlier Tuesday, Gov. Bindow Jibrilla of Nigeria's northeastern Adamawa State accused Nigeria's neighbors of sending their nationals into his state disguised as refugees. Jibrilla told reporters he didn't know why it was happening but that there were thousands.

Cameroon said its troops fighting "in synergy" with Nigerian soldiers carried out a "coordinated operation" on several border villages around Lake Chad Nov. 27 to Nov. 29. It said they freed at least 900 people held by Boko Haram extremists.

"We have a highly trained military that respect human rights," said Cameroon government spokesman Issa Tchiroma Bakary. He denied Cameroon has forcefully evicted Nigerian refugees though Nigerian officials have reported receiving several thousand in recent months.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-12-09 02:27:51
Link | Quote | Reply

A Google search for the term 'Obama regime' produced this result:

Quote:
Iraqi Christians fleeing persecution at the hands of ISIS are being turned away at the American border despite having family sponsors – as thousands of Muslims are granted asylum.

At least 27 of the targeted minority, known as Chaldeans, have been held in detention in San Diego since entering through the Mexican border this spring.

Now, after months of waiting, 22 have denied asylum and sent back across the Atlantic to Europe, as another five await a verdict.

In total, America had accepted just 727 fleeing Christians at the start of 2015 – a fraction of the 4,200 Muslims granted asylum – and few since.

According to the US Immigration and Customs Enforcement, five of the group have been charged with lying on their application forms by failing to declare that they have German passports.

The five criminally charged have been identified as Eva and Thamer Sadek Eshoa, Reta Marrogi, Valentina Adil Slewa Zori and Devid Benjamen Nooh Yako. They face five years in jail and a $250,000 fine.

The rest of the group, who also had family sponsors, have been directed towards Germany and Sweden, the hot spots for refugees in Europe.

‘They have family members, also Christians, who are willing to take them in,’ Jones told Daily Mail Online. ‘It used to be that that would be a huge help. It’s not clear why they, of all people, are being turned away while others are accepted.’
Obama Regime Deports 22 Iraqi Christians After Denying Them Asylum…

No idea on the source. Great motto though.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-12-09 04:06:18
Link | Quote | Reply

It's an article from the daily mail a tabloid in the UK.

The US has accepted less than 3,000 Syrian Refugees in total of all faiths since 2011. Not sure where this article is getting their numbers from
First Page 2 3 ... 1141 1142 1143 ... 1375 1376 1377