Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1131 1132 1133 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-12-06 22:43:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Laws restricting abortion have nothing to do with religion just as murder laws have nothing to do with religion. It is wrong to kill another innocent person. We know this without having to consult with a god.
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2015-12-06 22:46:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
Laws restricting abortion have nothing to do with religion just as murder laws have nothing to do with religion. It is wrong to kill another innocent person. We know this without having to consult with a god.

Fetuses aren't people.
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2015-12-06 22:49:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Endoq said: »
I really don't give 2 shits about people not being able to spend their entire life buying booze and gambling at all hours of the day.

That is your own bad choices and you are free to fall on them your whole life.

What I do care about is stopping the organisations that knowingly take advantage of people with no self control.
Those people need to be stopped from taking advantage of the weak.

I want the weak to at least have a chance. If it were up to these money grubbing vice peddlers they would have you waste your whole life feeding them your every last resource.

So, you want prohibition because some people can't make good decisions. Are you a supporter of the 2nd amendment?
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2015-12-06 22:49:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Jassik said: »

Fetuses aren't people.

Non-secular physicians like Ben Carson believe they are. He also believes leeches cure cancer I believe.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-12-06 22:52:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Fetuses aren't people.

And generations from now will look back at you as a monster with that disgusting worldview. You aren't the first to dehumanize large groups of people for politics. And I see you are completely ignorant of science as usual.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-12-06 22:56:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, generations from now, when abortion is still legal in the US and throughout the world...
VIP
By Jassik 2015-12-06 22:59:41
Link | Quote | Reply

you are completely ignorant of science as usual.

Oh, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE correct me. I can't wait. No... give me like 3 minutes to pop some popcorn.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-12-06 23:01:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I really don't give 2 shits about people not being able to spend their entire life buying booze and gambling at all hours of the day.

That is your own bad choices and you are free to fall on them your whole life.

What I do care about is stopping the organisations that knowingly take advantage of people with no self control.
Those people need to be stopped from taking advantage of the weak.

I want the weak to at least have a chance. If it were up to these money grubbing vice peddlers they would have you waste your whole life feeding them your every last resource.

So, you want prohibition because some people can't make good decisions. Are you a supporter of the 2nd amendment?
Did I say ban alcohol? No.
Did I say ban gambling? No.

I can't stop people from making bad choices. Nor is it my responsibility to do so.

However, If I can limit a shops ability in my town selling something that destroys families and communities I will because this is my country and I will fight to keep its integrity even if my own people appose me. Do you know that 90% of revenue generated by alcohol and gambling are from addicts and they are fully aware of this? It doesn't just stop there. This even extends to online "pay to win" games as well.
Should we be so free that we are free to prey on the weak?
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-12-06 23:02:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Fetuses aren't people.

And generations from now will look back at you as a monster with that disgusting worldview. You aren't the first to dehumanize large groups of people for politics. And I see you are completely ignorant of science as usual.

It's an objective scientific fact whether it's human or not, do I need to explain Science to you? Something Subjective can't be Quantified into science, even scientists openly accept it has no scientific basis to say yes or no.

Let's be clear, for you to now argue with me you are going to be required to link quantifiable and reliable information for me to listen to the garbage coming from your mouth. And for everyone else because this calls you out as having no idea.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-12-06 23:03:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Hasn't sex education been severely limited in the US because of religion? Can't discuss certain things or only teach abstinence depending on school district and state.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-12-06 23:03:46
Link | Quote | Reply

you are completely ignorant of science as usual.

Oh, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE correct me. I can't wait. No... give me like 3 minutes to pop some popcorn.

Already asked the question! I'm so fed up with people trying to act smart and saying "do you even understand subject" when they have no idea themselves. Time to call people out on it.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-12-06 23:04:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Hasn't sex education been severely limited in the US because of religion? Can't discuss certain things or only teach abstinence depending on school district and state.

Yes, a heavily Christianized country that can't discuss religion in school.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-12-06 23:05:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't stop people from making bad choices. Nor is it my responsibility to do so.

However, If I can limit a shops ability in my town selling something that destroys families and communities I will because this is my country and I will fight to keep its integrity even if my own people appose me. Do you know that 90% of revenue generated by alcohol and gambling are from addicts and they are fully aware of this? It doesn't just stop there. This even extends to online "pay to win" games as well.

Your answer to people making bad decisions is to keep everyone from having alcohol or gambling? State lotteries fund schools, taxes on alcohol shore up failing state budgets, lots of states even fund substance abuse care with alcohol and tobacco taxes. You'd have 20 year old text books in schools, no public substance abuse treatment, and no snow removal or public parks because some people can't say no?

You also didn't answer my question.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-12-06 23:07:45
Link | Quote | Reply

There are a number of districts that have gone that route, but it's by no means the majority. I live in a pretty red/rural state and we had our first introduction to sex ed in year 7 and a much more in-depth 3-day class in year 11 or so.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-12-06 23:08:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Your answer to people making bad decisions is to keep everyone from having alcohol or gambling? State lotteries fund schools, taxes on alcohol shore up failing state budgets, lots of states even fund substance abuse care with alcohol and tobacco taxes. You'd have 20 year old text books in schools, no public substance abuse treatment, and no snow removal or public parks because some people can't say no?

Jassik Don't!

Endoq, do you have a link for that Statistical information you posted about 90% of Revenue? I'd like some tangible evidence to be provided to accept that as not a made up number for your argument because 90% sounds far too neat.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-12-06 23:09:04
Link | Quote | Reply

There are a number of districts that have gone that route, but it's by no means the majority. I live in a pretty red/rural state and we had our first introduction to sex ed in year 7 and a much more in-depth 3-day class in year 11 or so.

Red Necks are more socially advanced than main america? Oh ***we're screwed.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-12-06 23:12:53
Link | Quote | Reply

State lotteries fund schools

Lotteries provide no additional funding in most states, sadly.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-12-06 23:13:26
Link | Quote | Reply

That it's allowed in any part of the country is crazy.
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-12-06 23:13:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said: »
Bahamut.Kara said: »
Skimmed the list and saw mostly alcohol and gambling laws.
You don't need to be a Christian or any religion to recognise such things should be limited.
I'm sure freedom to take full uninhibited advantage of peoples addictions isn't the kind of freedom our forefathers had in mind.
That's probably the only reason those laws still exist long after the religious reason for them being made in the first place have been forgotten and replaced...
so as long as you agree with the religious law it's ok?

Yeah, that's not hypocritical at all

I really like not baing able to make a choice on how to spend my money on a legal substance on a random day (Sunday) or at all because some counties decided it was bad for me based on their interpration of Christianity.
Are you talking about the old testament laws of Moses?
I don't know those laws and don't live by them and I thank God that I have been given freedom from those set of laws.
I'm talking about the example I just gave that you are perfectly ok with because it fits your world view.
It does?
You don't even know my "world views" so nice try on imposing your assumptions on me.

You're outspoken as a Christian and agree with laws that "keep the Sabbath day".
Really? Please tell me more about my beliefs you think you know about.
What "laws" have I been so outspoken about?
Is it my opposition on the killing of the unborn?

If you want my view on the sabbath here it is:
The Sabbath is something spiritual for me and I see every day every moment as the same sabbath day.. Seeking the Lord is not a 1 day a week thing. It's a way of life. It IS life.

So is that the "law" you are saying I believe in?
I don't impose my spiritual guidelines I follow on unbelievers, what would be the point?
If I present the gospel to an individual and it's rejected then I stop. All I can do at that point is pray that their eyes might be opened to the truth.
I can plant the seed and give it water but it is God that provides the increase. Only he opens that door.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-12-06 23:16:55
Link | Quote | Reply

If I present the gospel to an individual and it's rejected then I stop. All I can do at that point is pray that their eyes might be opened to the truth.

This is closed minded, how do you know that they don't know the truth and that are blinded by an idealism that is false and is a 100% man kind created construct?

You don't which makes you hypocritical for assuming their life is wrong and yours is right when you have no evidence to back it up. I'm not trying to dismiss your faith, I'm saying don't dismiss others lack of it just because of yours. We'd all laugh our *** off if it turns out Muslim is the one True religion.
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2015-12-06 23:18:20
Link | Quote | Reply

The Sabbath is something spiritual for me and I see every day every moment as the same sabbath day.. Seeking the Lord is not a 1 day a week thing. It's a way of life. It IS life.

I don't impose my spiritual guidelines I follow on unbelievers, what would be the point?
I can plant the seed and give it water but it is God that provides the increase. Only he opens that door.

You JUST said you agreed with the laws barring liquor sales on Sunday... That's not a belief I know nothing about, you just said it.

You're presenting authoritarian compassion... "we know what's best for you"

...and you still have not answered my question.
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-12-06 23:18:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you read my post at all?
I never said ban alcohol and gambling...
I shouldn't even have to be posting this same thing again.

And if your argument is that the money from gambling and alcohol is the only money we can spare for those programs then you are sorely mistaken and have really underestimated our countries ability to generate money.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-12-06 23:19:35
Link | Quote | Reply

That's a bummer, as that was one of the main selling points for state lotteries around here.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-12-06 23:20:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Illinois isn't even paying out the lottery atm.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-12-06 23:20:59
Link | Quote | Reply

have really underestimated our countries ability to generate money.

Didn't your country just come out of a recession? I think you might be over estimating it.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-12-06 23:21:00
Link | Quote | Reply

That's a bummer, as that was one of the main selling points for state lotteries around here.

They provide money but the money already there gets moved lol, in some cases they actually get less money than if they hadn't contributed. It's pretty stupid.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-12-06 23:22:07
Link | Quote | Reply

You JUST said you agreed with the laws barring liquor sales on Sunday... That's not a belief I know nothing about, you just said it.

Again. You have completely misunderstood everything I said.
Or you didn't even read the reason I gave for what I said?
What part about stopping people from preying on the weak is hard to understand?
Or do you believe that the way of animals is ok for humanity as well?
Should we all devour one another?
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-12-06 23:23:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Again. You have completely misunderstood everything I said.
Or you didn't even read the reason I gave for what I said?
What part about stopping people from preying on the weak is hard to understand?
Or do you believe that the way of animals is ok for humanity as well?
Should we all devour one another?

Yes, yes we should. That's part of my own Religious belief's that it's first come first served. I can only pray that one day your eyes may be opened to the Truth. (Sound Familiar?)
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2015-12-06 23:26:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you read my post at all?
I never said ban alcohol and gambling...
I shouldn't even have to be posting this same thing again.

And if your argument is that the money from gambling and alcohol is the only money we can spare for those programs then you are sorely mistaken and have really underestimated our countries ability to generate money.

I read all your posts, but this one stuck in my mind.

Skimmed the list and saw mostly alcohol and gambling laws.
You don't need to be a Christian or any religion to recognise such things should be limited.
I'm sure freedom to take full uninhibited advantage of peoples addictions isn't the kind of freedom our forefathers had in mind.
That's probably the only reason those laws still exist long after the religious reason for them being made in the first place have been forgotten and replaced...

Have you ever participated in a local levee vote? I've seen school levees that didn't even raise the property tax get shot down because they'd use the money for school daycares and sex-ed classes. The religious right has a very strong hold on local politics in a lot of places and they push those authoritarian Christian-centric laws we've been describing.

Why does every single one of your posts sound like a sermon?
First Page 2 3 ... 1131 1132 1133 ... 1375 1376 1377