Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1124 1125 1126 ... 1375 1376 1377

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-12-04 15:36:41
Link | Quote | Reply

You probably have to hang dry them, but they seem like they're washing machine safe.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-12-04 15:49:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
a 2012 congressional action
Mind sharing?

https://www.congress.gov/112/plaws/publ265/PLAW-112publ265.pdf

There you go. 4 or more shootings could mean 2 cops and two gang members firing BB guns at each other. Just a tool used by progressives to create a false equivalence to life in America and how it relates to situations like yesterday.
That defined mass killing. And only for the purposes of that document.

Why does a shooting only count if someone dies? Explain without hyperbole please.

Ok, I will give it one more go.

Every time there is a mass murder of some other event that makes a multi-day/week news cycle. Every liberal source and their mother pulls out these horseshit statistics about how inclusive of the current round, mass incidents of death-carnage-destruction happen on a daily basis in this country. This is done to paint a false sense of what is really going on.

If six cops get in a gun fight with 3 bank robbers and 4 people get shot, maybe even the 3 bank robbers die, that qualifies as a "mass shooting" according to the horseshit statistics when in reality it is not even close to being anything like the events that occurred earlier in the week where some pissed off Muslim executed his personal role in the caliphate, nor does it relate to Joe blow who stopped taking his meds and went to shoot up a movie theater.

Need another?
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-12-04 16:10:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
You probably have to hang dry them, but they seem like they're washing machine safe.
Bullet proof, but not washing machine proof.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2015-12-04 16:28:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Well to be fair words are all subjective to interpretation...
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-12-04 16:52:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, I will give it one more go.

Every time there is a mass murder of some other event that makes a multi-day/week news cycle. Every liberal source and their mother pulls out these horseshit statistics about how inclusive of the current round, mass incidents of death-carnage-destruction happen on a daily basis in this country. This is done to paint a false sense of what is really going on.

If six cops get in a gun fight with 3 bank robbers and 4 people get shot, maybe even the 3 bank robbers die, that qualifies as a "mass shooting" according to the horseshit statistics when in reality it is not even close to being anything like the events that occurred earlier in the week where some pissed off Muslim executed his personal role in the caliphate, nor does it relate to Joe blow who stopped taking his meds and went to shoot up a movie theater.

Need another?
I guess the no hyperbole thing isn't going to happen. Anyway, from the home page:
Quote:
This may include the gunman himself (because they often suicide by cop or use a gun to kill themselves to escape punishment), or police shootings of civilians around the gunman. The reasoning behind the latter being that if the shooter is arrested, he will often be charged with injuring people the police actually shot, as that is a foreseeable result of a shooting spree.
Including the gunman is reasonable. Your own link doesn't provide a more precise definition (even though it's referencing something different).

You don't prove anything by making up scenarios that conveniently fit your argument. And, no, I'm not interested in you cooking up any others. Try reality for a change. I scrolled through the list of the citations associated with each incident, read the headline in the link, and spot checked some actual articles. There was nothing to indicate that anything remotely close to your fiction matches up with reality (a common theme).

No one is under the impression that things like what happened in San Bernardino are a common occurrence, hence why it makes national news. But there's no sense in excluding the more common events that DO occur on an average daily basis other than to downplay what is actually going on.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-12-04 17:39:40
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Well to be fair words are all subjective to interpretation...

That's true, which is why I choose to interpret this sentence as meaning that you have a weird obsession with rodeo clowns.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-12-04 17:55:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Mass shootings....

The year I first arrived in WA state just happened to be the first elk season in a number of years.

There was this incident where a herd of elk was walking along the center of a shallow valley. There were groups of hunters on either side of the valley.

Three hunters wounded, not a scratch on the elk.

Was that a mass shooting?
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-12-04 18:06:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess the no hyperbole thing isn't going to happen.

Words are wasted on you. "Mass shootings" that involve only the cops and the bad guys happen all the time. That isn't hyperbole in teh least. But please feel free to incorrectly lump them in with this week's terrorism for the sole purpose of furthering your anti gun agenda.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-12-04 18:07:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Mass shootings....

The year I first arrived in WA state just happened to be the first elk season in a number of years.

There was this incident where a herd of elk was walking along the center of a shallow valley. There were groups of hunters on either side of the valley.

Three hunters wounded, not a scratch on the elk.

Was that a mass shooting?
If four hunters were wounded then it would have qualified for the ridiculous 300+ statistic that's floating around
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-12-04 18:13:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess the no hyperbole thing isn't going to happen.

Words are wasted on you. "Mass shootings" that involve only the cops and the bad guys happen all the time. That isn't hyperbole in teh least. But please feel free to incorrectly lump them in with this week's terrorism for the sole purpose of furthering your anti gun agenda.
They're not included. Or if they are, they're a small minority. Read my *** post.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-12-04 18:30:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Lets just call a mass shooting anytime a gun is fired 4 times or more. Then we can get everyone's hunting trips in there as well and use our hatred of rednecks to further the agenda.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-12-04 18:33:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Chicago alone accounts for 45% of mass shootings but thathe isn't important.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-12-04 18:34:58
Link | Quote | Reply

What is important is that black lives matter. I mean all lives matter,but black lives moreso.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-12-04 18:35:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's call it murder every time you assassinate reason with your shitty exaggerations.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-12-04 18:37:30
Link | Quote | Reply

90% of gun violence is committed 82% of the time...think about it.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-12-04 19:17:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty cool how well this guy handled being suspected of terrorism (taken in for questioning, his picture and name in the newspapers etc) and what he did after being cleared.

Made food for 400 people and invited everyone in the area instead of being bitter about it

Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-12-04 19:26:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Pretty cool how well this guy handled being suspected of terrorism (taken in for questioning, his picture and name in the newspapers etc) and what he did after being cleared.

Made food for 400 people and invited everyone in the area instead of being bitter about it

[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-12-04 21:37:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Some more details on the woman who carried out the first Islamic State's attack on American soil. Well unless I missed something and they've already carried out other attacks in the U.S.

Quote:
Since news today that San Bernardino shooter Tashfeen Malik is said to have posted a pledge of allegiance to ISIS around the time she and her husband killed 14 people Wednesday, the world’s attention has shifted to the mysterious mother-turned-murderer.

Malik, a photograph of whom was obtained by ABC News, was born in Pakistan but moved to Saudi Arabia 25 years ago when she was about four years old. When she was older, she likely moved back and forth between Saudi Arabia and Pakistan, according to a source close to the Saudi Arabian government.

In 2007, she returned to Pakistan to study at Bahuddin Zakri University in Multan and stayed until 2012, according to a Pakistani intelligence official. She was said to be a brilliant student and was not known to have religious or political affiliation while there.

Malik encountered Syed Rizwan Farook, an American of Pakistani origin born in Chicago, on a dating website, an attorney for Farook’s family told reporters today. U.S. officials said Farook could have met Malik or her family in Saudi Arabia during a trip there in the fall of 2013. After another trip in July 2014, Farook returned to the U.S. with Malik in tow. The couple was married the next month.

Malik came to the U.S. on what is known as a “fiancé” visa, which allows an American fiancé to petition for his or her partner’s temporary entry before marriage. For the visa application, the address she listed in her Pakistani hometown, ABC News discovered today, does not exist. Malik received a her Green Card this summer, U.S. officials said.

Six months ago, the couple had a baby daughter and named her according to a naming convention more common to Arab families, rather than in the typical Pakistani manner.

How Malik purportedly became radicalized enough to post the alleged pledge of allegiance to ISIS and help kill more than a dozen people in a quiet California town is still a mystery.

The official close to the Saudi Arabian government said that Saudi intelligence officials did not have her on any of their watch lists and she did not appear to have any link to extremists in the region. Neither Malik or Farook were on the FBI’s radar in the U.S., officials said.

FBI Special Agent David Bowdich said today it’s also unclear who in the relationship led the other down the violent path.

“I don’t know the answer, whether she influenced him or not. Being a husband myself, we’re all influenced to an extent. But I don’t know the answer,” he said.

FBI Director James Comey said the Bureau is still investigating whether ISIS inspired the attack, but said there is “no indication” they were part of a larger network. No other suspects are being sought, though Bowdich didn’t rule out the potential for later arrests.

Today lawyers for the Farook family cast doubt on the reports of the ISIS pledge and said that there hasn’t been any real evidence that the couple has any “extremist tendencies.”
First Photo of Female San Bernardino Shooter Tashfeen Malik

Saudi Arabia is involved, no surprises there.

But they are saying she (or the couple) was not part of the larger network. So lone wolf couple carries out an attack, wife pledges allegiance to ISIS, but no actual connections... ok, sounds legit.

Found this, BREAKING: ISIS Just Responded to the San Bernardino Shooting with This Chilling Message. No idea on the source though, Top Right News.

I'm going with this summary though:
Quote:
“At this point we believe they were more self-radicalized and inspired by the group than actually told to do the shooting,” an anonymous source in law enforcement told the Times.

President Barack Obama, speaking Thursday from the Oval Office, said it was possible Malik and Farook were motivated by terrorism or a workplace incident. “There may be mixed motives involved in this, which makes the investigation more complicated,” he added.
ISIS Responsible For San Bernardino Shooting? Tashfeen Malik Facebook Post Links Alleged Shooter To Islamic State Group

Self-radicalized, workplace incited.

I can't be bothered to research where this couple worked.

If I had to guess the type of job that caused someone's wife to pledge allegiance to ISIS on Facebook then convince her husband to carry out a mass shooting, I work guess she worked at an Apple Store. It's the only thing that makes sense out of this whole incident.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-12-04 21:43:45
Link | Quote | Reply

So no actual connection to ISIS, not part of a terror cell, just two whackjobs. I know the husband worked at the county health dept, no idea where or if the wife worked.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-12-04 21:47:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
I know the husband worked at the county health dept, no idea where or if the wife worked.
From what I can tell, it's the wife that was the mastermind, or at least her background may prove to be more important.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-12-04 21:53:20
Link | Quote | Reply

This story just gets weirder the more an attempt is made to make any sense out of it. It may be that ISIS has a feminist branch that recruits or at least inspires women to join. Who knows?
By Ramyrez 2015-12-04 21:55:07
Link | Quote | Reply

This story just gets weirder the more an attempt is made to make any sense out of it. It may be that ISIS has a feminist branch that recruits or at least inspires women to join. Who knows?

Well we know there's some level of that. They've been suckering in "ISIS brides" for a while. Wouldn't surprise me that they recruit women or sucker their own female children to the cause and get them to use their own strong rhetoric + *** to lure disenfranchised young men to the cause.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-12-04 22:06:30
Link | Quote | Reply

That would make sense from a political standpoint, as the progressive and liberals are shouting about gun control on this incident. Their PCness prevents them from heading down the other avenues of Islam, feminism, and Obama.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-12-04 22:07:34
Link | Quote | Reply

It may be that ISIS has a feminist branch that recruits or at least inspires women to join. Who knows?

They do this to Swedish and British girls. They trick them into going on their own to Turkey and then bring them over to Syria. Must be doing it all over. They had a big news story on that here, journalists had gone 'undercover' and talked to these women and confronted them later.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-12-04 22:10:17
Link | Quote | Reply

It may be that ISIS has a feminist branch that recruits or at least inspires women to join. Who knows?

They do this to Swedish and British girls. They trick them into going on their own to Turkey and then bring them over to Syria. Must be doing it all over. They had a big news story on that here, journalists had gone 'undercover' and talked to these women and confronted them later.
Only story I remember were those girls from Austria. I guess they've [ISIS] expanded that program since then.

Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-12-04 22:13:58
Link | Quote | Reply

They tried it with a few here (and a few went to Syria) but they were stopped and sent back to their parents

If you knew Swedish I'd link the thing, it was pretty interesting
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-12-04 22:14:49
Link | Quote | Reply

What would the protocol be if they were an Atheist from Afghanistan?
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-12-04 22:30:32
Link | Quote | Reply

If you knew Swedish I'd link the thing, it was pretty interesting
There might be an English or Russian (Serbian would work too) version somewhere I'm guessing, translated, or related piece of work.

That must be some propaganda though to convince women and assuming they're relatively aware of what's going on, or at least heard of ISIS in the news.

Unrelated LOL:

Quote:
Nevada Republican lawmaker shares Christmas card featuring fully armed family
First Page 2 3 ... 1124 1125 1126 ... 1375 1376 1377