Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 106 107 108 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-07 01:22:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Altimaomega said: »
Odin.Jassik said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
I also have a beef with libertarianism being considered a conservative thing, it isn't necessarily either conservative or liberal.

Then do us all a favor and stop calling yourself a red conservative. At best you're a blue-leaning libertarian. If the Democrats had a new-found desire to cut spending, what would be the difference between them and you?

I've never called myself a "red" anything. Why should I be inclined to do you any favors?

And if the republicans had a new-found desire to stop oppressing minority groups what would be the difference between them and dems? You think moving the goalposts makes your position remotely legitimate? I still don't understand how an educated person can bend so far backwards to adhere to a partisan architecture. It's sad.

How exactly are the republicans keeping minority's from becoming governors, senators, and presidents? Owning business's, homes, cars, anything they could possibly want?..... Your right Republicans really suck at doing their job.

There are plenty of minorities that aren't racial.

Are they LEGAL?
Edit: screw it I don't even care, anyone who thinks someone is "educated" just because they partied at a college and paid for a degree doesn't understand much of anything anyways.

If any intelligent person were to compare a statistician and a farmer on level of education... Ravael's an educated person.

Nothing to do with Ravael, you are constantly bemoaning peoples education. Being intelligent and having a bought education are two different things. I don't expect someone like you to understand that though, so stay the coarse with your true ignorance.

Do you have some some inferiority complex that compels you to belittle booklernin'?
By Altimaomega 2014-09-07 01:25:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »

Looks to me like you watch way to much fox, msnbc, and cnn.
It comes down to one thing, do you want more government or lees government. While voting liberal democrat you're 100% proof positive to get more government. While voting for Rand Paul MAYBE we could get rid of some of this overextended beast of a government we have now maybe... Since you and jassik like having the government run your lives, I consider you LIBERAL DEMOCRAT.

I don't watch any of those thank you, and no it is not that simple at all, which is why people laugh at you for being an ignorant fool.

I'm liberal on some things, conservative on others, and by no means a democrat, which is why you're considered wrong.

/facepalm I swear its like talking to a wall.
Go get yourself one of them there fancy college degrees and maybe you could converse on the level that adults do.

The funny thing is I've paid for three degrees. I payed for both my sisters and my wife to get bachelors. I also find it funny that someone who is always unemployed, believes he shouldn't have to work, and more than likely is living of the government thinks of himself as educated.. But hey I'm not he one judging people on education just the *** they write on the internet.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-09-07 01:25:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never called myself a "red" anything. Why should I be inclined to do you any favors?

Aaaaaand found it. Page 31, this thread.

I am squarely in the red, but not every subject has 2 sides, for many, the sole question is how to deal with the problem.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-07 01:28:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I am squarely in the red, but not every subject has 2 sides, for many, the sole question is how to deal with the problem.

Context matters. bud.
By Altimaomega 2014-09-07 01:28:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I also have a beef with libertarianism being considered a conservative thing, it isn't necessarily either conservative or liberal.

Then do us all a favor and stop calling yourself a red conservative. At best you're a blue-leaning libertarian. If the Democrats had a new-found desire to cut spending, what would be the difference between them and you?

And if the republicans had a new-found desire to stop oppressing minority groups what would be the difference between them and dems? You think moving the goalposts makes your position remotely legitimate? I still don't understand how an educated person can bend so far backwards to adhere to a partisan architecture. It's sad.

How exactly are the republicans keeping minority's from becoming governors, senators, and presidents? Owning business's, homes, cars, anything they could possibly want?..... Your right Republicans really suck at doing their job.

Are they LEGAL?
Edit: screw it I don't even care, anyone who thinks someone is "educated" just because they partied at a college and paid for a degree doesn't understand much of anything anyways.

If any intelligent person were to compare a statistician and a farmer on level of education... Ravael's an educated person.

Nothing to do with Ravael, you are constantly bemoaning peoples education. Being intelligent and having a bought education are two different things. I don't expect someone like you to understand that though, so stay the coarse with your true ignorance.

Do you have some some inferiority complex that compels you to belittle booklernin'?

some some? really.. ffs dude.
By Altimaomega 2014-09-07 01:30:06
Link | Quote | Reply

The hypocrisy is getting deep, going to bed. GL Ravael.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-09-07 01:30:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Context matters. bud.

You'd make a great politician. It's RIGHT THERE and there is still no admission of fault. Bravo.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-07 01:36:05
Link | Quote | Reply

The funny thing is I've paid for three degrees. I payed for both my sisters and my wife to get bachelors. I also find it funny that someone who is always unemployed, believes he shouldn't have to work, and more than likely is living of the government thinks of himself as educated.. But hey I'm not he one judging people on education just the *** they write on the internet.

Paid for and received/earned aren't the same thing.

I'm not always unemployed, in fact it's only the 1st time it's happened voluntarily where I wasn't always working somewhere else or didn't have something lined up, and technically I did have something lined up, just it fell through, and the backup to that I drug my feet on taking as it's seriously ***pay, so no I'm not "always unemployed."

I never said I shouldn't have to work, I should have to work for anything above the minimum, and as I like things that are above the minimum I'm more than happy to work for them, but I shouldn't have to work for a roof over my head or food on the table: no, nor should you or anyone else, this isn't the 16th century anymore dude, it's the 21st and our technology has exceeded the need for a large workforce, not to mention with the addition of women to the field.

I love your "more than likely" statement as it couldn't be more wrong, but nice "job" trying to stereotype and do what you consider an attack on somebody based on your own twisted world view, where you just fell flat on your face. (you need more ACC gear).

I am educated, my k-12 could have used a lot more beefing up and it was horrible, and if I had stayed with just that (which apparently you didn't even finish) I'd be quite *** in the world, but fortunately I not only went further, I also did more than that even before I left the k-12 setting, not to mention I've found other methods of education beyond the collegiate setting, but I'm not going to knock on my core classes at all. Granted I have issue with the general ed requirements on specialized degrees, but that's something you don't have to worry about since you can't even get in.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-07 01:36:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Context matters. bud.
It's almost if they don't realize that saying you're in the red on a subject and are "red" are two entirely different things, but hey. By their standard I'm a die hard Republicant warm blooded god lovin' American.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-07 01:37:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Context matters. bud.

You'd make a great politician. It's RIGHT THERE and there is still no admission of fault. Bravo.
Hint: it's not right there.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-07 01:38:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Context matters. bud.

Ok, you win, I once referred to my political views as red specifically to enforce that science isn't a partisan debate. And I'd be a terrible politician because I won't toe the partisan line.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-07 01:40:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm going to go use my new Sindri while I do trials on my Mjollnir, you ladies have fun now, ya hear?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-07 01:42:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Are they LEGAL?

some some? really.. ffs dude.

Android swipe has a funny bug that duplicates words if you use the function that changes the word. You made 7 grammatical or spelling errors trying to point it out, lol.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-09-07 01:44:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm going to go use my new Sindri while I do trials on my Mjollnir, you ladies have fun now, ya hear?

Still on those? I guess it is probably harder to do on a mage job. Have fun cosplaying Thor!
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-07 01:45:25
Link | Quote | Reply

your
you're
there
they're
their
alot
theres
themselve's

etc
By Jetackuu 2014-09-07 01:46:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Still on those? I guess it is probably harder to do on a mage job. Have fun cosplaying Thor!
Just picked up my sindri, and I've been seriously slacking on my trials, killing rabbits is boring as hell, at least with Randy.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-09-07 01:50:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Anwyho, back to the discussion, I really wish education level translated better to intelligence. Obviously a reasonable level of intelligence is required for most degrees, but seeing educated people do really stupid things is getting kind of old.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-07 01:52:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Anwyho, back to the discussion, I really wish education level translated better to intelligence. Obviously a reasonable level of intelligence is required for most degrees, but seeing educated people do really stupid things is getting kind of old.
unfortunately you don't need that high of a passing average to get a lot of degrees.

To be fair my gpa is kinda ***due to me being severely lazy. Should be a 3.5-4.0+ not hovering where it is. But I have no interest, in general ed classes and they're a waste of my time so taking the time to put more energy in them just isn't in me. I'm not going there for those classes anyway, just a means to an end.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-09-07 01:52:39
Link | Quote | Reply

alot

http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/04/alot-is-better-than-you-at-everything.html
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-07 01:54:56
Link | Quote | Reply

lol'd a bit but if you didn't notice, I was being facetious when I typed all that, "alot" isn't even a word.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-09-07 02:06:07
Link | Quote | Reply

lol'd a bit but if you didn't notice, I was being facetious when I typed all that, "alot" isn't even a word.
Nah, I noticed. I just love that article.

unfortunately you don't need that high of a passing average to get a lot of degrees.

To be fair my gpa is kinda ***due to me being severely lazy. Should be a 3.5-4.0+ not hovering where it is. But I have no interest, in general ed classes and they're a waste of my time so taking the time to put more energy in them just isn't in me. I'm not going there for those classes anyway, just a means to an end.

My GPA could have been better as well. I quickly lose interest in education when whatever I'm learning is not practical. It made theory classes absolutely mind-numbing.
 Phoenix.Xantavia
Server: Phoenix
user: xantavia
By Phoenix.Xantavia 2014-09-07 04:07:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Book smarts is no guarantee that you don't do stupid stuff. I'm always thinking back to D&D terms. Intelligence tells you its raining, Wisdom tells you to get inside. You can easily have one without the other.

It just hit me (using D&D terms). Wisdom is kind of like common sense, but a high value is needed for religion. Strikes me that it should be an inverse relationship.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-07 04:16:36
Link | Quote | Reply

People often forget that facts/logic override "common sense" or just don't know, not sure which it is, I know it's off, topic a bit, but the term bugs me that way.
By Blazed1979 2014-09-07 07:30:40
Link | Quote | Reply

People often forget that facts/logic override "common sense" or just don't know, not sure which it is, I know it's off, topic a bit, but the term bugs me that way.

Facts and logic are not the same thing. And "common sense" doesn't exist. Maybe they should change the term to "Community sense" or "localized sense" or "regional sense".
A woman married a dog in India the other day..
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-09-07 08:26:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »

Facts and logic are not the same thing. And "common sense" doesn't exist. Maybe they should change the term to "Community sense" or "localized sense" or "regional sense".

judging from several of the routine male posters on this site, I think she made the right decision...
[+]
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2014-09-07 13:02:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Mittens is in the news again!

Mitt Romney: "No question" I'd be a better president than Hillary Clinton

Quote:
Mitt Romney has said he's not running for president in 2016 - but if he were to run and win, he's sure he'd be a lot better at the job than Hillary Clinton.

"No question about that in my mind," the former Massachusetts governor and 2012 Republican presidential nominee told "Fox News Sunday" when he was asked whether he'd make a better president than Clinton.

Clinton, a former secretary of state, senator, and first lady, has said she has not decided whether she's running, but polls have shown her all but running away with the Democratic nomination if she decides to take the plunge.

"The American people may disagree with me," Romney explained, "But, look, you've got to get this economy going. You have to have people who understand what it takes to create jobs and to help people come out of poverty, to help the middle class to have a better and prosperous future. You've got to have that understanding."

Romney further suggested Clinton lacks the managerial chops to take on the job.

"You've also got to have people who've actually run something," he said. "The government of the United States is the largest enterprise in the world. You watched a president who just doesn't understand how to make an administration work, how to interact with Congress, how to get things done. You have to have those things. I don't think Hillary Clinton has that experience."

And as he has before, Romney linked her record as secretary of state with the president's foreign policies, which he termed a "disaster."

"Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama are two peas in the same pod," he said. "And the American people have tasted that and have said, look, that's not a good taste. It's not right for the American people."

Despite the campaign-friendly attack lines, though, Romney shot down speculation that he may take another run at the presidency in the next cycle.

"I've spoken at this time and time again," he said. "I'm not running. I'm not planning on running. I'm going to be helping the person who takes the banner for us."

"There are other good people who I'm sure will be able to lead the country in the future. I wish it were me," he said. "It was a great experience running for president. I loved that. But my time has...come and gone. I had that opportunity. I ran, I didn't win. And now, it's time for someone else to pick up the baton."

Romney has indeed addressed the issue "time and time again," but he hasn't always been as ironclad in denying an interest in another presidential bid.

In an interview last month with conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt, for example, Romney said he's not interested in launching another campaign, but he allowed that "circumstances can change."
By Jetackuu 2014-09-07 13:15:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »

I never said they were the same thing.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-07 13:16:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Baconwrap said: »
Mittens is in the news again!

Mitt Romney: "No question" I'd be a better president than Hillary Clinton

Quote:
Mitt Romney has said he's not running for president in 2016 - but if he were to run and win, he's sure he'd be a lot better at the job than Hillary Clinton.

"No question about that in my mind," the former Massachusetts governor and 2012 Republican presidential nominee told "Fox News Sunday" when he was asked whether he'd make a better president than Clinton.

Clinton, a former secretary of state, senator, and first lady, has said she has not decided whether she's running, but polls have shown her all but running away with the Democratic nomination if she decides to take the plunge.

"The American people may disagree with me," Romney explained, "But, look, you've got to get this economy going. You have to have people who understand what it takes to create jobs and to help people come out of poverty, to help the middle class to have a better and prosperous future. You've got to have that understanding."

Romney further suggested Clinton lacks the managerial chops to take on the job.

"You've also got to have people who've actually run something," he said. "The government of the United States is the largest enterprise in the world. You watched a president who just doesn't understand how to make an administration work, how to interact with Congress, how to get things done. You have to have those things. I don't think Hillary Clinton has that experience."

And as he has before, Romney linked her record as secretary of state with the president's foreign policies, which he termed a "disaster."

"Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama are two peas in the same pod," he said. "And the American people have tasted that and have said, look, that's not a good taste. It's not right for the American people."

Despite the campaign-friendly attack lines, though, Romney shot down speculation that he may take another run at the presidency in the next cycle.

"I've spoken at this time and time again," he said. "I'm not running. I'm not planning on running. I'm going to be helping the person who takes the banner for us."

"There are other good people who I'm sure will be able to lead the country in the future. I wish it were me," he said. "It was a great experience running for president. I loved that. But my time has...come and gone. I had that opportunity. I ran, I didn't win. And now, it's time for someone else to pick up the baton."

Romney has indeed addressed the issue "time and time again," but he hasn't always been as ironclad in denying an interest in another presidential bid.

In an interview last month with conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt, for example, Romney said he's not interested in launching another campaign, but he allowed that "circumstances can change."

Oh Mittens and the "gotta run the country like a company" ***again.

So out of touch.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-09-07 13:19:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know Jetackuu, seems like a good idea to take advice from a person who subscribes to the world's most transparent pyramid scheme.
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Server: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-09-07 13:22:06
Link | Quote | Reply

It's the magic undies at work again.
First Page 2 3 ... 106 107 108 ... 1375 1376 1377