Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 104 105 106 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-06 22:36:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Jetackuu said: »
This is where your collective definitions of "critics" isn't going to match up.

I'm sorry but Fox teet sucking birther neocons aren't critics, they're delusional.
Let me know when you find one of those, how do you say it?

"Fox teet sucking birther neocons"

Let me know when you find one, k?

It's easier to think you're always right when you stereotype your opponents as extremists. It's even easier when "Fox News" and "neocon" make up 10% of your vocabulary.
Come on now, we both know that Jet doesn't know even 30 words!
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-06 22:41:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sorry but Fox teet sucking birther neocons aren't critics, they're delusional.

It's easier to think you're always right when you stereotype your opponents as extremists. It's even easier when "Fox News" and "neocon" make up 10% of your vocabulary.

Much like labeling anyone who says the government has no business legislating who I can marry as a liberal. Things like that used to be libertarian principals.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-06 22:42:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's where you make your first couple of mistakes:

first off I don't have "opposites" in the traditional sense, as I don't see it as a traditional"us vs them" like you do, but closer to almost everyone is a "them" as I've yet to meet anyone else that lines up with more than a few of my views at a time, so at any given time my "opponent" is just about everyone else.

I don't consider many extremists, but birthers are extremist and out of their *** mind. There are both liberal and conservative critics of Obama, birthers and anyone who's gone into the fake scandal ***aren't critics but delusional and or tools.

But people soak it up like sponges and just go with it, as they're sucking it right from Fox.

That being said: I don't like Obama, never really have, not a big fan of Hilary Clinton either. But until the Republicans can put forth somebody who's from this millennium in regards to social policy and or economic policy (not being a fascist like all major players of both parties would be a great + in my book too) well then they're not getting my vote.

Oppressing women and homosexuals isn't cool.
Letting big business destroy the middle class also isn't cool.
Letting religious beliefs trump your duty to your country and it's people also isn't cool.

So go on and think this is about "us vs them" when really we're all getting screwed.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-06 22:43:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Every known birther out there, too lazy to list them all.
Like every liberal out there against Bush?

Not at all, at least Obama isn't a functional retard who ran a company and a state into the ground before his daddy's money and friends got him a fancy chair.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Server: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-09-06 22:46:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said:
TL:DR - It's me against the world. I'm really Scott Pilgrim.
Has anyone seen the League of Evil Ex's?
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-09-06 22:46:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »

Much like labeling anyone who says the government has no business legislating who I can marry as a liberal. Things like that used to be libertarian principals.

Liberal playbook.
Play the race, gay, bush, and semantics cards.

That's it..
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-09-06 22:47:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Altimaomega said: »

Liberal playbook.

That's it..
The Conservative playbook:
Liberals.
The end.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-06 22:47:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Liberal playbook.

That's it..

I didn't play any card, I pointed out that coin has two sides.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-06 22:48:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »
Jetackuu said:
I know what one of those two things are, and haven't seen either.

I'm going back to my hole, time to hunt some rabbits.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-09-06 22:49:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said:

It's all one thing...
By Jetackuu 2014-09-06 22:50:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said:

It's all one thing...

Told you: hadn't seen it.
By Altimaomega 2014-09-06 22:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Liberal playbook.

That's it..

You took a conversation and nudged it into this direction. But sure w/e you say I guess.......
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-06 23:13:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Liberal playbook.

That's it..

You took a conversation and nudged it into this direction. But sure w/e you say I guess.......

If you want to take an ambiguous statement and let it "nudge" you in any particular direction, have at it, but that's on you.

You are aware there are laws in the world that forbid people to marry someone of the different nationality or religious subset? There are laws in the US regulating who you can have sex with and in what manner. That's blatantly tyrannical, it's something that Ayn Rand would blow a gasket over. Conservatives are against the government having a say on what they spend their money on or who they choose to give it to, right? Why would that ideology be any different for some people? The government's role in our private lives is infinitely relevant regardless of how you feel about a particular subject. That only bolsters my point. Why is it not ok to point out hypocrisy in any context?
By Altimaomega 2014-09-06 23:21:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Liberal playbook.

That's it..

If you want to take an ambiguous statement and let it "nudge" you in any particular direction, have at it, but that's on you.

You are aware there are laws in the world that forbid people to marry someone of the different nationality or religious subset? There are laws in the US regulating who you can have sex with and in what manner. That's blatantly tyrannical, it's something that Ayn Rand would blow a gasket over. Conservatives are against the government having a say on what they spend their money on or who they choose to give it to, right? Why would that ideology be any different for some people? The government's role in our private lives is infinitely relevant regardless of how you feel about a particular subject. That only bolsters my point. Why is it not ok to point out hypocrisy in any context?

Call it w/e you want you played it and here you are doing it again. Then you talk about hypocrisy hahahaha... /sigh
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-06 23:27:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform

There is absolutely nothing hypocritical about my statement.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-06 23:28:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform

There is absolutely nothing hypocritical about my statement.
You are correct for once.

You have to have moral standards in the first place to be hypocritical.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-09-06 23:43:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah, I wouldn't call you a liberal for that. Maybe for practically everything else you say, though.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-06 23:45:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah, I wouldn't call you a liberal for that. Maybe for practically everything else you say, though.

Then you are rather misinformed about what I say and what liberal means.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-09-06 23:51:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I could just support a bunch of policies put forth by liberals and label them all as "conservative values". Anything universally disliked that the left does I'd label as liberal. Would that get me closer to your definition?
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-06 23:55:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I could just support a bunch of policies put forth by liberals and label them all as "conservative values". Anything universally disliked that the left does I'd label as liberal. Would that get me closer to your definition?

If you were focused on the ideas and not where they came from, you'd have a lot more credibility.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-06 23:56:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I have noticed that a lot of Republicans are very ignorant or misinformed about what is a conservative and liberal and how the entire US geopolitical sphere has shifted over the years.

It's sad too, as we could have much better discussions on here.

edit: before anyone takes that the wrong way: I obviously don't mean all, and definitely don't mean all conservatives are Republicans either.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-09-07 00:01:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, because it makes a ton of sense to label things "conservative" or "liberal" based upon the geopolitical sphere of past decades. Or I could just do what certain people do here and just group everything I like into whatever category I feel that I identify with and live with the delusion.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-09-07 00:05:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I have noticed that a lot of Republicans are very ignorant or misinformed about what is a conservative and liberal and how the entire US geopolitical sphere has shifted over the years.

edit: before anyone takes that the wrong way: I obviously don't mean all, and definitely don't mean all conservatives are Republicans either.

10/10 on being vague while trying to stay away from the us vs. them mentality you are supposedly against.

Its cute that you think you're the only one who realizes that political platforms shift of the years, decades, century's..
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-07 00:07:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, because it makes a ton of sense to label things "conservative" or "liberal" based upon the geopolitical sphere of past decades. Or I could just do what certain people do here and just group everything I like into whatever category I feel that I identify with and live with the delusion.

How is that any different than increasing military and croney funding and legislating morality and calling it conservative? Ideology is mostly static. If you want to spend almost a trillion dollars a year on tanks and bombs and tell people what they can do with their bodies, you aren't a libertarian. Political parties aren't ideologies, you're confusing liberal/conservative as democrat/republican.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-07 00:14:10
Link | Quote | Reply

What's liberal and conservative doesn't really change dude, you're confused.

You're thinking Democrat and Republican and their platforms, they're fluid and change with times. Not the standard to which we judge this over time (granted it will eventually change).

But then again how's the saying go: "say a lie enough times and it will become true" or some ***? Is that the plan for Benghazi?

Or the birthers.
or global warming deniers.
or the IRS "scandal"
or that Obama is a Socialist
OWDS is evil
We need to take America back!
We need god back in the schools
God hates ***!
Solyndra (my personal favorite, although Benghazi comes close)
for the children!
how many other delusions or lies do the "conservatives" want to spread?

to be fair, the "liberals" are almost as guilty with that nonsense:

bridge thing
the bastardization that Unions have become
guns are evil
for the children!
(I'm tired now, enter some ***here Jassik.)

put what you want to see in quotes and put actuality in spoilers since you can't handle the truth.
By Altimaomega 2014-09-07 00:17:02
Link | Quote | Reply

How is that any different than increasing military and croney funding and legislating morality and calling it conservative? Ideology is mostly static. If you want to spend almost a trillion dollars a year on tanks and bombs and tell people what they can do with their bodies, you aren't a libertarian. Political parties aren't ideologies, you're confusing liberal/conservative as democrat/republican.

I did for get the number one rule of liberals in the playbook.
Main play: Never Stay On One Subject Ever!
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-07 00:18:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Uh, besides "911 was an inside job" and "new world order", I can't think of many leftist batshit that gets the kind of attention the rightist stuff does. That doesn't mean it's not there, though.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-07 00:18:42
Link | Quote | Reply

10/10 on being vague while trying to stay away from the us vs. them mentality you are supposedly against.

Its cute that you think you're the only one who realizes that political platforms shift of the years, decades, century's..

Maybe it's because I rarely talk to actual far-left liberals, but the stink I see from your side of the fence is pretty raunchy.

But yes I'm sitting over here a few yards over, watching my neighbors go at it, and it's been gone over on this site a few times and some of your fellow "conservatives" have outright denounced the fact that the sphere has shifted to the right, which is why we have people such as Rick Perry being a potential Presidential candidate, when he shouldn't even be *** eligible.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-07 00:19:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I did for get the number one rule of liberals in the playbook.
Main play: Never Stay On One Subject Ever!

I haven't changed the subject at all, I've responded to you and ravael's posts.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-07 00:19:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Uh, besides "911 was an inside job" and "new world order", I can't think of many leftist batshit that gets the kind of attention the rightist stuff does. That doesn't mean it's not there, though.

I wouldn't even consider those exclusively "leftist" ideals either, I've met conservatives who think those.

But we can at least agree that they're batcrap crazy.
First Page 2 3 ... 104 105 106 ... 1375 1376 1377