Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1048 1049 1050 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-10-28 20:16:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Saw that 3 people were shot in the Washington Square Mall in Indianapolis and that the gunman hasn't been caught yet
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2015-10-28 20:23:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
As long as its equal opportunity bloodletting.

Kelly was specifically after Trump.

Oh they are showing no mercy. They tore apart each of their tax policies down to the dollar at the very beginning.

They tore apart trumps Great Wall of Mexico saying "it's more likely you can flap your arms and fly Mr Trump"

They tore apart Fiorina saying "every investor who invested $1 when you started as CEO of HP was left with .50 cents when you were fired"

Marco Rubio is just now going after the moderators lol he's not having it anymore. "The Democrats have the ultimate Super PAC...the mainstream media."

I can keep going lol this is a great debate
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-10-28 20:47:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Huh. If anything, you would think that the recent Benghazi hearings would have taught the moderators a lesson. When you are out for blood so much that it becomes an undeniable witch hunt, you risk losing credibility and creating sympathy for your opponent.

I guess we'll see how this plays out.
[+]
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2015-10-28 21:50:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Huh. If anything, you would think that the recent Benghazi hearings would have taught the moderators a lesson. When you are out for blood so much that it becomes an undeniable witch hunt, you risk losing credibility and creating sympathy for your opponent.

I guess we'll see how this plays out.

I like how specific they were about breaking down their tax plans down to every cent. None of the candidates were able to defend their tax plans. They did a good job at really making the Republicans look stupid with their tax plans. The best was when Carly Fiorina couldn't justify how reducing tax regulation down to 3 pages would boost the economy.

However, all the questions were asked in a very catty and condescending manner. If they would have been a bit more neutral in tone I think the debate would have been less of a witch hunt.

Moderator Becky Quick was the worst of them all imo. She went after Marco Rubio at one point during the debate about his personal finances.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-10-28 21:58:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I think we can expect Bush to drop out soon. His attacks on Rubio were accurate but they won't do anything for his campaign. He needed a big night and this wasn't it.
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2015-10-28 22:00:10
Link | Quote | Reply

If candidates had to stand up to half the disrespect and catty remarks Obama has had to, most of them would drop out or be committed. I'm all for tact, believe me, but if they present an idea that's stupid, they deserve ridicule.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-10-28 22:06:22
Link | Quote | Reply

The Pokemon ***was gold.
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2015-10-28 22:15:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Serious presidential candidate Ben Carson is now beating serious presidential candidate Donald Trump in a few key states. Trailing far behind is the only serious presidential candidate with any kind of political experience followed closely by a failed CEO. Republicans should be embarrassed.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2015-10-28 22:19:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Jassik said: »
Serious presidential candidate Ben Carson is now beating serious presidential candidate Donald Trump in a few key states. Trailing far behind is the only serious presidential candidate with any kind of political experience followed closely by a failed CEO. Republicans should be embarrassed.

Considering all the digs at Carly Fiorina I have to say she maintained her poise. She wasn't like Rubio, Trump, Christie, Bush, or Huckabee who just looked like children throwing a fit.

I think Fiorina and Carson were the winners of tonight's debate.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-10-28 22:21:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Baconwrap said: »

Considering all the digs at Carly Fiorina I have to say she maintained her poise. She wasn't like Rubio, Trump, Christie, Bush, or Huckabee who just looked like children throwing a fit.

I think Fiorina and Carson were the winners of tonight's debate.

I haven't seen the debate yet, I don't get cnbc.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-10-28 22:40:09
Link | Quote | Reply

If candidates had to stand up to half the disrespect and catty remarks Obama has had to, most of them would drop out or be committed. I'm all for tact, believe me, but if they present an idea that's stupid, they deserve ridicule.

Oh yeah, because disrespecting presidents is totally a Republican thing only... if you were born after W. left office.

At any rate, the CNBC poll (do I really need to point out it's not scientific?) seems to show Trump as "winning" the debate by a large margin, with Cruz, Rubio, and then Carson trailing. I thought Carson would be getting more love, but it seems the shots at the moderators and the media in general scored some serious points for the other candidates.

Edit: Apparently Carson gained the most Twitter followers by a decent margin too.... There's a lot to read into, but that's the joy of speculation.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-10-28 22:43:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think its about winning any of these debates as much as it is to not lose them. There have been clear losers in each debate, and most of them are out of the race.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-10-28 22:46:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
I don't think its about winning any of these debates as much as it is to not lose them. There have been clear losers in each debate, and most of them are out of the race.

Good point. I think Bush in particular gained a loss here, and he really, really needed a win to stay in it. If he's smart he'll drop out soon.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-10-28 22:48:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yeah, because disrespecting presidents is totally a Republican thing only... if you were born after W. left office.

First, I wasn't talking about republican candidates, I was talking about all candidates. And NOBODY treated W the way they have treated Obama and they had every reason to. Even the most fervent partisan mouthpieces didn't treat Clinton that way. And nothing Obama had done by inauguration day warranted the kind of rhetoric that's been thrown at him literally since day one.

And, you know what? There's absolutely no reason that serious candidates shouldn't be able to stand up to harsh questions without pitching a fit. If they can't take some cnbc commentator criticizing their terrible ideas, why should we give them the football and send them into diplomatic situations? If you ask me, they should have armies of fact checkers at debates and pin them down on anything they say that's outright BS.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-10-28 22:51:29
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a difference between criticism and what the moderators did tonight. Let's not coddle poor old Obama and then immediately justify the vicious "moderating" that was often more insult than question. Then again, you already said you didn't watch it, so look into it before you throw in your blind input.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-10-28 22:52:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Rubio definitely will gain the most after tonight. People think Ben Carson is a good guy and they like him for it, but he was just way too vague in his answers and they sounded like he was trying to recite from memory. I think Trump is at his vote ceiling. As the others drop out their support will probably coalesce around Rubio.

The other winners were people that point out the absurd liberal bias in the media. It is undeniable after the repugnant performance of the moderators in tonight's debate.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-10-28 22:52:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bush just excels at falling for traps, even when they aren't there. Last topic about fantasy f'n football. Really? Christie responds accurately, asking who cares about fantasy football? Bush? He says it should be gov't regulated. OK!
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2015-10-28 23:21:49
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a difference between criticism and what the moderators did tonight. Let's not coddle poor old Obama and then immediately justify the vicious "moderating" that was often more insult than question. Then again, you already said you didn't watch it, so look into it before you throw in your blind input.

You might notice I didn't say crap about the moderators of this debate. I said that if candidates can't hold up to the kind of criticism that Obama has taken from day one, they need to put on their big boy pants or withdraw.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-10-29 00:15:50
Link | Quote | Reply

You might notice I didn't say crap about the moderators of this debate. I said that if candidates can't hold up to the kind of criticism that Obama has taken from day one, they need to put on their big boy pants or withdraw.

Well, considering the fact that every single one of us was talking about the debate, I don't know what your comment had to do with anything. Notwithstanding, a few of the candidates managed to turn it around on the moderators and score big points in the process. Sounds to me like they are holding up to the criticism just fine.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-10-29 00:21:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, considering the fact that every single one of us was talking about the debate, I don't know what your comment had to do with anything. Notwithstanding, a few of the candidates managed to turn it around on the moderators and score big points in the process. Sounds to me like they are holding up to the criticism just fine.

Was in response to this

Bahamut.Baconwrap said: »
However, all the questions were asked in a very catty and condescending manner. If they would have been a bit more neutral in tone I think the debate would have been less of a witch hunt.

It had nothing to do with political party and was a general put up or shut up response to crying about moderators being mean in debates on both sides of the aisle.

You claim I only criticize republicans. Maybe you're injecting a little of your own bias into my statements?
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2015-10-29 00:57:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Was in response to this

Bahamut.Baconwrap said: ยป

It had nothing to do with political party and was a general put up or shut up response to crying about moderators being mean in debates on both sides of the aisle.

You claim I only criticize republicans. Maybe you're injecting a little of your own bias into my statements?

I dunno. Like I said I think the topics of the questions themselves were good I just would have worded them differently, personally. They came across as a bit viscous and unprofessional. I wasn't the only liberal-moderate who saw the debate that way. Several of my democrat friends on Facebook were commenting about the cattiness of some of the questions.

The question about Marco Rubio's personal finances and Carly Fiorina's investors while at HP were personal attacks and had little to do with their qualifications in my opinion.

Perfect example. Anderson Cooper was to the point and asked good questions. He wasn't rude or snide in any of his questions. When candidates didn't answer the question he would probe them tactfully if not move onto the next candidate. These were nothing on par to the professionalism I saw from the moderators at the CNN debate.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-10-29 01:01:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I definitely would prefer a little more civility in politics in general. But, after the kind of things that have been flung around over the last few cycles, I really have no sympathy for some of these guys that now find themselves on the receiving end.
[+]
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2015-10-29 01:06:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I definitely would prefer a little more civility in politics in general. But, after the kind of things that have been flung around over the last few cycles, I really have no sympathy for some of these guys that now find themselves on the receiving end.

Oh don't particularly sympathize for the Republicans considering all the tactless comments they've made towards democrats and minorities in recent years. It was more just I was shocked at how brutally honest these moderators were.

I enjoyed the Republican candidates squirm with anxiety trust me.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-10-29 02:18:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah, you do that on your own quite well enough. It's why the attacks against Obama are "catty" and "disrespectful" but you seem to like Bacon's statement that the moderators were "brutally honest" and how he enjoys it when Republican candidates "squirm with anxiety".

Everyone has bias, some just have a harder time admitting it than others.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-10-29 06:14:04
Link | Quote | Reply

China has abolished the law that forces couples to have one child only, they will now be able to have two.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-10-29 07:26:58
Link | Quote | Reply

They need to keep up with the American demand for buffets.
By Jetackuu 2015-10-29 07:31:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
China has abolished the law that forces couples to have one child only, they will now be able to have two.

Oh damn, now they're going to replicate. Better learn Mandarin.
 Bahamut.Omael
user: Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2015-10-29 07:31:38
Link | Quote | Reply

So it's a backup child in case the first one doesn't measure up?
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-10-29 07:33:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Omael said: »
So it's a backup child in case the first one doesn't measure up?

I'm pretty sure they already had that rule, well in case the first was a girl. I guess that's the same to them with the "not measuring up" then again they're Asian, they're not going to measure up anyway.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 1048 1049 1050 ... 1375 1376 1377