Hi, I'm A Noob Who Doesn't Want To Be A Noob!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Sylph » Hi, I'm a noob who doesn't want to be a noob!
Hi, I'm a noob who doesn't want to be a noob!
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2014-06-04 16:06:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I was thinking of coming back over for the summer, I didn't think I would be THIS behind ._.;

what is adoulin? I don't even.

Should I bother resubbing and giving it a try? or is it a waste of time? D:

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2014-06-04 16:38:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
Every month a huge update comes out now ghaleon for gamers. So if you're 2 years behind yeah you got some information to learn

last night I was told by a friend to not bother coming back unless I have pld,rng,rng,brd,cor,whm leveled and already geared >.>;

lolwut. he told me to not come back and waste my time, but I'd like to hear anyone elses input if possible before i resub for a month.

has it really been 2 years? I honestly can't remember, probably going on 2years at least. I bought adoulin and went to the main town and a couple areas outside of it, i did delve maybe 2x, other than that, no idea what adoulin is really about lol.

when i quit i got my amano to 95 and have 5 marrows in my inventory and logged out for the last time before trading them in.

I figured this would be easy, just merit party grind and grab af2 D: apparently I'm slightly off? D:

but yeah any input would be much appreciated lol.

inb4 i get linked to 20/50 "is ffxi dead" threads.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-06-04 16:43:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ravenn42 said: »
The only relic regorge I use is the body. Other than That I like the AF or delve gear.

sakonji feet are a sweet ws piece, head is nice for bow Sam, and legs/hands are seriously solid if you lowman and find yourself needing to turtle up and face tank.

Sam really gets use out of basically all its reforged gear if you do anything outside of the shoha spam vw stuff.

Post deleted by User.
By Ravenn42 2014-06-04 16:47:07
Link | Quote | Reply

It is very easy to catch up if you didn't throw away old gear. Shouts happen a lot for chapters to reforge gear and VW to upgrade or make gil.

They about to boost Ws and add more meritable stuff. If you were a good player you will have no problem catching up.
By Ravenn42 2014-06-04 16:50:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
The only relic regorge I use is the body. Other than That I like the AF or delve gear.

sakonji feet are a sweet ws piece, head is nice for bow Sam, and legs/hands are seriously solid if you lowman and find yourself needing to turtle up and face tank.

Sam really gets use out of basically all its reforged gear if you do anything outside of the shoha spam vw stuff.

In my sets i use other pieces not that the relic is bad. I have all of them made they are just situational. AF pieces are used more hands for hasso... and pants for Range and ws...
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-06-04 23:07:32
Link | Quote | Reply

In my sets i use other pieces not that the relic is bad. I have all of them made they are just situational. AF pieces are used more hands for hasso... and pants for Range and ws...

Depending on your weapon delay and situation, 4/5 of the AF are great TP pieces, too.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-06-05 07:10:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Ghaleon said: »
last night I was told by a friend to not bother coming back unless I have pld,rng,rng,brd,cor,whm leveled and already geared >.>;

You friend is clearly biased, he missed SAM MNK and SCH on the list.
By TotalInfinity 2014-06-05 07:17:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »

I do like how he listed RNG twice though, for how many shouts I see for relic RNG you might as well have it leveled twice XD
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2014-06-05 15:27:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I am a sam main, or was rather, he told me sam isn't used much if at all for the hardest setting bc's.

he also elaborated as to why;

they apparently took out any other values of CE gain other than dmg, making it even harder for a tank to keep consistant hate, "all rngs MUST have anni, or they are worthless"

and then he proceeded to tell me the strat that everyone uses.

it makes sense, but is that really the only way to beat this bc? starting to think maybe i should wait until af3 reforge comes out D: lol
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Server: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-06-05 15:31:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Sam is used quite a lot in the higher tier higher difficulty settings (with the exception of AAs, and even then, you don't need an Annhilator for, as I don't have one, and still do fine)

Which BC are you talking about specifically? Because the AF reforge BCNMs are all pretty easy on Normal and, not that bad on difficult.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2014-06-05 15:38:47
Link | Quote | Reply

honestly no idea, assuming he was talking about the hardest/most sought out bc atm (AA?)

been hitting the books trying to learn some of this adoulin *** (why is everything so hard to *** pronounce???)

I logged in last night, discovered RoE and did a bunch of that stuff. have like 10k sparks on me.

should I turn in my 5marrows and get 99 amano, or hold onto my marrows for the sparks gkt? (was thinking of doing yoichi or maybe anni if i do decide to lvl rng)

I don't have enough for 300 plutons, only 3.5m on my char atm D:
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-06-05 15:50:10
Link | Quote | Reply

honestly no idea, assuming he was talking about the hardest/most sought out bc atm (AA?)

been hitting the books trying to learn some of this adoulin *** (why is everything so hard to *** pronounce???)

I logged in last night, discovered RoE and did a bunch of that stuff. have like 10k sparks on me.

should I turn in my 5marrows and get 99 amano, or hold onto my marrows for the sparks gkt? (was thinking of doing yoichi or maybe anni if i do decide to lvl rng)

plutons 35k Each x100 350k x3 1.05M

You have enough
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-06-05 15:52:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I am a sam main, or was rather, he told me sam isn't used much if at all for the hardest setting bc's.

they apparently took out any other values of CE gain other than dmg, making it even harder for a tank to keep consistant hate, "all rngs MUST have anni, or they are worthless"

it makes sense, but is that really the only way to beat this bc? starting to think maybe i should wait until af3 reforge comes out D: lol

Reforged BCNM's are not the be all and end all of content.

Delve 2.0 sprigs to mind, but those prefer RNG strats for 2 of them (Although I've cleared them all with Melee DD rather than Ranged with minimal fuss)
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Server: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-06-05 15:54:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »

You have enough
Someone can't compute basic math.

35k x10 is 350k
350k x10 is 3.5mil
3.5mil x3 is 10.5mil
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-06-05 15:54:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Relic pieces for sam are some of the best gear possible, I use this.

ItemSet 323932

Head comes with Iko Bonus which is +10 TP to your attack if you land a hit on Zanshin (Although not huge if your acc is high ish or slightly below cap you can WS slightly harder from the extra TP which is especially good for Fudo)
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-06-05 15:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »

You have enough
Someone can't compute basic math.

35k x10 is 350k
350k x10 is 3.5mil
3.5mil x3 is 10.5mil

I can I just completely brain farted when I looked at the decimal >.>
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-06-05 15:58:30
Link | Quote | Reply

But SAM is one of the most power melee DD in all delve zones except marj, which is RNG zone. This game isn't AA BC only, there are plenty of other content too. Your friend is still biased cuz he only used a few example that uses RNG strat to promote RNG.

Furthermore melee can still do lower difficulty AA BC. Some BC are melee strat too.

Also, I'm not sure if I ever see that "none dmg CE gain adjustment" if someone can explain it.

RNG also isn't completely worthless without anni. It is still possible to DD just fine with decoy shot and enmity- set. My LS mate's none relic often outparse other RNG, and only a few % behind above avg RNG. He doesn't pull hate. COR has no decoy shot and even worse hate management than RNG, but last 2 BC run I also didn't pull hate on COR and I was only 1%~4% behind gimp relic RNG in pt. On the other hand, I've seen relic RNG pulled hate.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-06-05 15:59:59
Link | Quote | Reply

But SAM is one of the most power melee DD in all delve zones except marj, which is RNG zone. This game isn't AA BC only, there are plenty of other content too. Your friend is still biased cuz he only used a few example that needs RNG to promote RNG.

Further more melee can still do lower difficulty AA BC. Some BC are melee strat too.

Also, I'm not sure if I ever see that "none dmg CE gain adjustment" if someone can explain it.

RNG also isn't completely worthless without anni. It is still possible to DD just fine with decoy shot and enmity- set. My LS mate's none relic often outparse other RNG, and only a few % behind above avg RNG. He doesn't pull hate. COR has no decoy shot and even worse hate management than RNG, but last 2 BC run I also didn't pull hate on COR and I was only 1%~4% behind gimp relic RNG in pt. On the other hand, I've seen relic RNG pulled hate.

The only None damage CE gain nerf I remember is barspells to stop RDM tanking properly.... Like 2006?
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2014-06-05 17:28:09
Link | Quote | Reply

But SAM is one of the most power melee DD in all delve zones except marj, which is RNG zone. This game isn't AA BC only, there are plenty of other content too. Your friend is still biased cuz he only used a few example that needs RNG to promote RNG.

Further more melee can still do lower difficulty AA BC. Some BC are melee strat too.

The only None damage CE gain nerf I remember is barspells to stop RDM tanking properly.... Like 2006?

he quoted me wrong so i'll restate what i said here;

They made it so the only way to gain CE values are FROM dmg.

not even 100% sure it's true, but this is coming from a pretty reliable source, the guy knows more in depth game mechanics more than most people do.

many nights lost arguing with him about such maths and stuff.

I think the only person to ever beat him in an argument was tigerwoods/creamsoda back in like 07~08 (something about haste values)
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2014-06-05 17:31:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm kinda at an Impass atm, doing all of this solo seems like such a chore, I wish i had frens :(

I even did a shout in jeuno and got greeted with a bunch of hate.

me- "how do i play this game again? idonteven."
them- "you logout"
me- "k"

good olde sylph, how i missed thee
By TotalInfinity 2014-06-05 19:20:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm kinda at an Impass atm, doing all of this solo seems like such a chore, I wish i had frens :(

them- "you logout"
me- "k"

It's really, really not that bad. I did my first party SKCNM today... and it was easy as hell. Really easy. Like, wow, I even did the throne room kindred spirits II on difficult in nothing but sparks gear and did fine. The only bad part about being new to this game is figuring out how to start, now that I have, it's easy peasy.

Go farm some sacred kindred crests from high level mobs. 20 crests is one Macrocosmic orb. Shout for a SKCNM 20 battle for the Rem's Tale chapter you need = http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Macrocosmic_Orb

For normal difficulty, all you need is a healer, one fairly non squishy person, and the rest dps. Non squishy person runs in, gets hate, rest of the dps murder the mobs one by one, acquire easy peasy rem's tales.

Start by working on this gear for your class: http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Category:Reforged_Artifact_Armor

At least, that's how I've been starting so far. After I finish my reforged artifact and get my reforged relic, I'm not entirely sure how to keep going. But don't feel too discouraged, as a full sparks SAM I was outputting fairly nice dps and even had utility, kindred spirits II + warding circle = dead things and useful me. (plus tachi gekko for the mages and what's damage?)

Those SKCNM runs were the first real party content I've done in Final Fantasy XI that wasn't an exp party, and the first time I've had to contribute and be useful. And it was amazingly fun. The entire reason I wanted to come back to XI was to play party content, and I did, and it was glorious. Joking around with people, doing those runs, that's the kind of thing I was wanting to find and I found it :D
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By TotalInfinity 2014-06-05 19:30:31
Link | Quote | Reply

them- "you logout"
me- "k"

I also remember said shout, I find it was a bit silly responding to your ask for help with "you logout", but that's why I came here to the forums instead of asking lovely /yell chat. I'm more than happy to help out as well, and get our grind on together, and you can be an infinitely better SAM than me :D
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2014-06-05 19:47:00
Link | Quote | Reply

TotalInfinity said: »

them- "you logout"
me- "k"

It's really, really not that bad. I did my first party SKCNM today... and it was easy as hell. Really easy. Like, wow, I even did the throne room kindred spirits II on difficult in nothing but sparks gear and did fine. The only bad part about being new to this game is figuring out how to start, now that I have, it's easy peasy.

Go farm some sacred kindred crests from high level mobs. 20 crests is one Macrocosmic orb. Shout for a SKCNM 20 battle for the Rem's Tale chapter you need = http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Macrocosmic_Orb

For normal difficulty, all you need is a healer, one fairly non squishy person, and the rest dps. Non squishy person runs in, gets hate, rest of the dps murder the mobs one by one, acquire easy peasy rem's tales.

Start by working on this gear for your class: http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Category:Reforged_Artifact_Armor

At least, that's how I've been starting so far. After I finish my reforged artifact and get my reforged relic, I'm not entirely sure how to keep going. But don't feel too discouraged, as a full sparks SAM I was outputting fairly nice dps and even had utility, kindred spirits II + warding circle = dead things and useful me. (plus tachi gekko for the mages and what's damage?)

Those SKCNM runs were the first real party content I've done in Final Fantasy XI that wasn't an exp party, and the first time I've had to contribute and be useful. And it was amazingly fun. The entire reason I wanted to come back to XI was to play party content, and I did, and it was glorious. Joking around with people, doing those runs, that's the kind of thing I was wanting to find and I found it :D

gonna get started on all this tonight, yesterday was a bunch of "busy work" redownloading windower and changing settings and finding a working controller (i still to this day don't know how people play this game with keyboard/mouse, i can play 14 with kb/mouse but not this...)

yesterday all i did was do some simple RoE stuff, going to the gym now when i get back i'll get on and probably buy some spark gear (thinking the gkt, and buying the AH ilvl 114 gear cause it's pretty cheap) and then making some decent macros, and setting out on farming some seals or something D:

Pm me your ingame name and I'll hit you up later tonight if you are on :O
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2014-06-05 19:48:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »

them- "you logout"
me- "k"

What are your goals? Just get functional again?
Could come to Bismarck

Playing with josi sounds tempting ;o

edit- yeah my main goals are to kinda play "catch up", not necessarily going hardcore (unless i get "hooked" again lol)

just trying to keep my character a bit more up to date and check out some of the new content. will likely be subbed for 1-2 months over the summer, more if i decide it's worth playing fulltime again.

maybe when i get caught up to speed and if i decide to take the game seriously again I'll give this a serious thought :D

edit2-

I really wish the wait times for a mythic weren't so long, I don't mind the alexandrite block, but the fact that it'll take me 6months of [wasted]time just to finish assaults/nyzule tokens etc is kind of silly.
By aeronx 2014-06-05 19:55:07
Link | Quote | Reply

not even 100% sure it's true, but this is coming from a pretty reliable source, the guy knows more in depth game mechanics more than most people do.

I think the only person to ever beat him in an argument was tigerwoods/creamsoda back in like 07~08 (something about haste values)

I don't know where he came up with this, but it's an incredibly wrong statement. /blu and to some extent /run are great ways to build CE because of the great CE values that the spells and job abilities have.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2014-06-05 20:00:38
Link | Quote | Reply

aeronx said: »

I don't know where he came up with this, but it's an incredibly wrong statement. /blu and to some extent /run are great ways to build CE because of the great CE values that the spells and job abilities have.

I asked him to clarify his source and he told me to check the update notes about the enmity change to cures.

either it's possible he knows something we don't or I took what he said mistakenly and he was only talking about cures.

/shrug
By aeronx 2014-06-05 20:05:01
Link | Quote | Reply

If he was referring to cures then yes. Cure cheats as a source of CE are useless now and blu spells are much more efficient for enmity/mp ratio.