First Page 2 3 4 5
 Cerberus.Leauce
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Leauce
By Cerberus.Leauce 2014-05-17 15:26:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I get the 200% bonus but then spamming stone isn't enough to reach 3k. I tried water but after p3 I'm out of mp and have to change to stone for the last 2 which isn't enough again. I dunno

use water whenever you have 10mp, if youre under 10mp, use stone, just keep the dmg going and make sure you are out of aoe sleep range and you'll net 3k easy.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-05-17 15:48:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Of course I didn't just stop, but as soon as I have to switch to stone the evaluation doesn't cut it :/ maybe i should use 1 hour
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
Server: Lakshmi
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2014-05-17 16:15:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Azurea said: »
RDM/BLM, Stone for 16, Cure for 18, dia for 2, 3 dagger swings for 16. Stood back and did nothing til first evaluation, then spammed stone nonstop til the end from long range. Netted me 3800+.
HOW????? I tryed this and only got 500 points
 Quetzalcoatl.Elizara
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Elizara
By Quetzalcoatl.Elizara 2014-05-17 16:18:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I finaly got it the second time. My suggestion; try using a cream puff AFTER you swat the gob/moogle once and nuke it once, and cure the other team.

If you do it before you'll have to swat your target (at least with me (Mithra with int merits, I can recap and get you my base int if you're curious), experiment!) 3 times first round before you get the nuking bonus, since yes cream puff does up your damage. I finally did get 3k+ points after I figured that out. ^^

[Edit] This was on blm, and my weapon was the warp cugel I had in my bag. Okay, i'm lazy.
 Bismarck.Indigla
Server: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2014-05-17 16:46:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know what the enchantments on the ammo items do? I'm guessing it's just random money
 Phoenix.Bahtbaht
Server: Phoenix
user: BahtBaht
By Phoenix.Bahtbaht 2014-05-17 16:52:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Indigla said: »
Anyone know what the enchantments on the ammo items do? I'm guessing it's just random money

Yes, I ended up getting 5,800 gil from the Moggie Goodie Bag, and 4,500 gil from the Gobbie Goodie Bag.
 Leviathan.Jackieolivas
Server: Leviathan
user: Rahziela
By Leviathan.Jackieolivas 2014-05-17 18:26:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm glad Matsui kept his promise when he said they were adding a mage version of the (infinitely awesome and obnoxiously cute) chocobo chick trust, but dammit if this event isn't one of the most annoying they've ever done.

I gives half a rat's *** about event items like costumes or one off weapons, but trusts are another story. Having 3 thus far unique trusts tied to this event is such a pain.
 Shiva.Pexie
Server: Shiva
user: pexie
By Shiva.Pexie 2014-05-17 21:13:45
Link | Quote | Reply

edit: last post submitted with scribbles. o.O Idk why.

Well I have spent my fair share slapping around these moogles and gobbie's and I found that the easiest way to get 3000+ was to nuke your heart out.

BLM/SMN giving a boost to your INT and MP and spam Water. Manafont will help if your MP gets low but it probably won't be needed.
Also apple pie or pumpkin pie will give a boost to that INT ^^

Either strategy you choose, good luck !! :D
By Kikorimo 2014-05-17 22:32:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally, I found getting twin bonus + close enough in round 1, and then getting close enough bonus all the way through round 4, then nuking for around 200 nonstop in round 5 worked well for me. I scored over 3-4k+ points every time. (I would nuke+heal 3 times and melee to get damage close just for a few extra points in rounds 2-4) I didn't have to use manafont once, nor did I require any consumables.

edit: I guess I should clarify. I used stone + cure up until round 5, at the start of round 5, with 4 close enough bonuses and a twin bonus, I would spam water as fast as I could.
By Sylfeya 2014-05-17 23:24:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Personal experience, went Rdm/Blm. Here's advice I'd share to anyone having trouble with it:

#1 most important thing is to match your magic damage EXACTLY to at least one of the other two numbers (physical damage or healing). If you match it exactly to one of the other two, you'll get +200% magic damage. If physical damage and healing are matched, and magic damage is the odd one out, you do NOT get +200% magic damage (You'll get +200% physical damage and +200% healing, but that won't cut it).

On top of that, you want all three numbers to be as close together as possible. As long as the odd one out is still within a few points of the twinned totals, you'll get a global +100% bonus to all three, which stacks (giving you +300% magic damage).

(Supposedly, if you get all three totals the exact same, you'll get a total of +400% magic damage, even better. Cannot confirm, I never got a perfect triple in the time I did the event)

If you don't have at least +300% magic damage from the first evaluation, just talk to the NPC at town gate and reset if you're going for 3k points in one evaluation. (If you're just trying to break 10k total points for the first stage, then might as well stick with it if you got at least +100% or so) With +300% total magic damage, you should be dealing around 64 damage or so per cast of Stone. Spam this non-stop after the first evaluation, and you can break 3k points without resorting to Chainspell (but you'll need to really be on the ball with regards to spamming the spell; need to smoothly chain your casts together). You cannot run out of mp spamming Stone.

You may get slight fluctuations in magic damage due to resists (pay attention to the game day!), your race, and any low-level equipment that still manages to grant a bonus to your Int, so pay attention to those when trying to balance out your numbers. Food can also make a difference.

Dia will usually deal 1 or 2 damage. You can often use this to 'even out' your magic damage to what you want. Sometimes you might need to be a little creative; for example, when attacking the moogle I often found my Stones dealing 16 damage, Cures healing 17, and Dias dealing 2 damage... problem? Nope. Stone x2 (32 damage), Cure x2 (34 hp), Dia x1 (total 34 damage, perfect).

The harder thing is to get physical damage where you want it, because damage can vary on that, especially if you get crits. I usually open with Stone x1 and then melee. If I happen to get the melee damage to exactly equal magic damage, then run away, toss a Cure (doesn't matter if Cure exactly matches at that point), and wait for the evaluation. If I overshoot it, then I do another Stone, another Cure, and a Dia as mentioned above, then keep whacking and hope that physical damage gets close enough to the mag.damage/healing totals.

I found a Dark Ring very useful as a control element. After talking to the NPC and getting level capped, equip and unequip the Dark Ring (you can do this before you start actually fighting). The -20 hp on the ring will put you at exactly 20 hp below max (remember, penalties like -hp still work on level sync gear). This means if you can get your mag.damage to exactly 20 somehow (for example, a partially-resisted Stone for 14, then Dia x3) then you can Cure yourself twice to heal exactly 20 hp, every time (evaluation does not count any 'overheal'). Other equipment with -hp and +hp can also be used to fine-tune your current hp vs. max hp totals as desired; for example, if you were to use a Copper Ring (+2 hp) and a Dark Ring (-20 hp), you could set yourself up to be -18 hp below max, or -22 hp below max, whichever is more convenient.

(In hindsight, a Copper Ring by itself could be put on (after level cap) to put you at 2 hp below max, which means a Cure for yourself (2 hp), a Dia on the monster (2 damage), and then punch it bare-handed and hope you only deal 2 damage. Wish I'd thought of that sooner... )

Sleep will cripple your evaluations. If you get slept, you're probably not going to break 3k. Elshimo Pachira Fruit are a cheap (it literally grows on trees; check your Mog Garden!) poison food you can use to avoid that danger (just make sure you don't accidentally die from AoE attacks!). Once you're done setting up your initial evaluation scores, back far enough out of range so none of the AoE moves can hit you.

Funny aside: after you get both moogle and Fablix trusts, try summoning them both at the same time. Dialogue changes!
 Asura.Raitoken
Server: Asura
user: raitoken
By Asura.Raitoken 2014-05-18 09:20:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Well something annoying is happening to me.

When I cure I heal for 18, stone for 12, then dia x3, all 3 do 2 damage. get physical to 17 and wait. First eval, nothing, no bonus.

Like wtf, does the dot count for the damage? the eval is saying 17 18 0 for the 3 categories. I looked at my log to make sure I added right and it still didn't proc. :/

EDIT: Okay this is the fourth time I've gotten the magic and curing the *** same without dia. 2x cure for 18 each 3x stone for 12 each and physical to 35.

Does something happen after I get the cipher? I got 10k points and I stopped getting the bonus. I can't think of anything else it might be at this point...

This first started happening on moogle side, switched to goblin side, still happening. I cannot get the twin buff to trigger no matter what I do.
 Phoenix.Enochroot
user: enoch
By Phoenix.Enochroot 2014-05-18 10:34:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's how I did this as a mostly-naked BLM/WHM with a staff:

Phase 1-4, repeat this each phase:
water x2, then alternate auto-attack and cure, don't ws

Phase 5:
heavy swing, then spam water.

Easy 3k+ points each time.
[+]
 Bismarck.Franzrobot
Server: Bismarck
user: Quantum
By Bismarck.Franzrobot 2014-05-18 13:16:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Of course I didn't just stop, but as soon as I have to switch to stone the evaluation doesn't cut it :/ maybe i should use 1 hour

Maybe it was just luck but as blm/whm but my cures and stones were both doing 14. Got the 200% bonus out of range. Nuked with water after phase 1, was doing 98 per nuke, and then manafonted when i hit under 10 mp. By the time manafont wore off my mp was full again. Did about 1300~ points per phase and 5500~ total. You can also get book refresh to help.
 Shiva.Kasaioni
Server: Shiva
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2014-05-18 13:59:03
Link | Quote | Reply

On RDM/WHM.

18 Cure
18 Magic (14 stone, 2 Dia x2)
15 Melee (Bronze dagger, 7 hit, 8 hit [my melee hits are not reliable and too inconsistent to easily get an 18])

Waited for eval.

Ate an apple pie.

Spammed stone for 80 damage for the rest of the set.

Got 4234.
By Sieha1 2014-05-18 18:18:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I got 5106. easily repeatable.
By dragomair 2014-05-18 18:42:10
Link | Quote | Reply

What kind of gear are you guys using as blm and rdm?
By fillerbunny9 2014-05-18 18:49:36
Link | Quote | Reply

you can do this on BLM or RDM with only a dagger and the costume of the side you are fighting for. I know that is all I did for my clears.
By Kikorimo 2014-05-18 18:57:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I just equipped my chatoyant staff, and the costume. The staff gets level synced so is basically the same as an onion staff really...
By dragomair 2014-05-18 18:58:50
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »
you can do this on BLM or RDM with only a dagger and the costume of the side you are fighting for. I know that is all I did for my clears.
I went as rdm/whm in costume/low level weapon/low level accessories and melee'd cured and nuked, only got about 1.5k or so per run
By fillerbunny9 2014-05-18 19:25:16
Link | Quote | Reply

the thing is, you need to be balancing your damage/healing for the first evaluation to get at least Twin bonus. without that, you have little hope of breaking 3k. personally, I found BLM/WHM better because Water spam is so much more effective than Stone.
By dragomair 2014-05-18 20:08:54
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »
the thing is, you need to be balancing your damage/healing for the first evaluation to get at least Twin bonus. without that, you have little hope of breaking 3k. personally, I found BLM/WHM better because Water spam is so much more effective than Stone.

I just hit 5400 by getting 80/80/80 or so on phase one, then water spam the rest of the time. (While still engaged on the goblin.)
By kenshynofshiva 2014-05-18 20:22:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems some peeps are missing the point of balanced damage giving the bonuses in the first 2 evals and then you can nuke like crazy water for the win.
 Valefor.Seranos
Server: Valefor
user: Seranos
By Valefor.Seranos 2014-05-19 08:14:45
Link | Quote | Reply

How are you able to balance healing and magic damage on BLM/WHM without Dia?
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-05-19 12:16:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I found it stupidly easy to get 3500+ points per run by going SMN/BLM. I had INT+2 of gear on me (Windurstian Ring and a Maple Wand), and got FoV food from the book (Hard Cookie gives INT+4 and some MP).

Strategy: send Fenrir at the mob to auto-attack (probably works with other avatars too), nuke from a distance with Stone as much as possible. I didn't even bother trying to match Fenrir's physical damage with my nukes, though did it accidentally a couple times. Didn't matter, I never got lower than 3500 for a whole run, got over 4000 a few times.
 Phoenix.Erics
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2014-05-19 13:37:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Just got 9987 dmg (over 10k with melee added) by getting 15 healing/nuke score then waiting for bonus on first evaluation for 100% to all and 200% to extra magic damage. With water i was doing 180 dmg each nuke. blm/whm using maple wand and tiger snow cones i had laying around
 Fenrir.Magi
Server: Fenrir
user: Magitek
By Fenrir.Magi 2014-05-19 13:45:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Seranos said: »
How are you able to balance healing and magic damage on BLM/WHM without Dia?

as a naked hume, my cures always cured for 14 unresisted and my water always did 28 unresisted. I just did 2 cures > 1 water every phase 1 and usually got twin bonus. For phase 2, my stone1 usually did around 29 and cure1 would also heal for 29 with twin bonus buff.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By fillerbunny9 2014-05-19 14:38:19
Link | Quote | Reply

1) you focus on balancing Physical and Magical damages to get those in perfect balance

2) you get Cure damage "close" to within a couple points.

if you don't get good buffs at your first eval, cancel and try again. Twin bonus + Water spam should be enough to guarantee you 3k points. if you need to be the very best on your server, that is really not my concern.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-05-19 18:50:18
Link | Quote | Reply

[odin]
Windy: Moogles 6,155,421 / Gob 6,223,501
Sandy: Moogles 8,530,036 / Gob 8,760,318

... ... ... after all the moogles did to help us out... ... ...