Warning For All.....

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Warning for all.....
Warning for all.....
 Bismarck.Ajah
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Ajah
By Bismarck.Ajah 2009-08-02 15:05:24
Link | Quote | Reply

You link the debit via the bank to your checking or savings account. That's how it's done without accruing credit charges
 Bahamut.Xswift
Server: Bahamut
user: xswift
By Bahamut.Xswift 2009-08-02 15:06:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I use a prepaid card that I keep $40 on every month even though the bill is only $15.95 and yet every month I have to input all the same CC info and now this month SE *** me bc this card is not part of the MC secure code. So I go to the place that issues the card and they told me I can't use the card for POL bc its considered gambling and in their contract they can terminate your card service if you use it to gamble thus they were going to close my account and send me a check in 45 days minus the cost to close my account.. all bc I asked them why the card was not part of the program... WTF! Been playing since March 2002 and using this prepaid since Jan 09 and now all a sudden there is issue with this card from both my card service and sE... going to try the ps2 thing, I don't have a ps2 but I have a PS3 hope it works /disgusted
 Ramuh.Zansuken
Server: Ramuh
user: Drozz
By Ramuh.Zansuken 2009-08-02 15:39:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Xswift said:
I use a prepaid card that I keep $40 on every month even though the bill is only $15.95 and yet every month I have to input all the same CC info and now this month SE *** me bc this card is not part of the MC secure code. So I go to the place that issues the card and they told me I can't use the card for POL bc its considered gambling and in their contract they can terminate your card service if you use it to gamble thus they were going to close my account and send me a check in 45 days minus the cost to close my account.. all bc I asked them why the card was not part of the program... WTF! Been playing since March 2002 and using this prepaid since Jan 09 and now all a sudden there is issue with this card from both my card service and sE... going to try the ps2 thing, I don't have a ps2 but I have a PS3 hope it works /disgusted

As long as you have the PS2 VERSION, on your PS3 (only version that can go on PS3) it'll be the same as on PS2, so it will work.
 Bahamut.Xswift
user: xswift
By Bahamut.Xswift 2009-08-02 15:46:27
Link | Quote | Reply

SE just told me they were working on an update for all those members who don't have 3d secure for their cards and that if I did choose to update my card info via ps3 that my account would not be in any danger of being banned (he double checked) but they warned against it bc of cc fraud which I don't care about.
 Garuda.Ishkur
Server: Garuda
user: Ishkur
By Garuda.Ishkur 2009-08-02 15:58:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Friend reactivated my account with my second CC through a PS3... So it also works fine... I just reactivated my account
 Hades.Hatekhaos
Server: Hades
user: hatekhaos
By Hades.Hatekhaos 2009-08-02 16:03:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Xswift said:
SE just told me they were working on an update for all those members who don't have 3d secure for their cards and that if I did choose to update my card info via ps3 that my account would not be in any danger of being banned (he double checked) but they warned against it bc of cc fraud which I don't care about.

How'd u speak to SE its Sunday?
 Garuda.Littledarc
Server: Garuda
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-08-02 16:06:04
Link | Quote | Reply

360 works as well. everyone just make friends with someone who plays on PS2/3 or 360 (360 is a bit harder to do since you have to link to a gamertag and one gamertag per POL) and have them update your info. make sure you trust them though.
 Pandemonium.Nadul
Server: Pandemonium
user: Nadul
By Pandemonium.Nadul 2009-08-02 16:07:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Although it was a bit more of a drawn out process, I had no issues with my Visa card.

Edit: On PC.
 Carbuncle.Kyri
Server: Carbuncle
user: Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-08-02 17:56:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Xswift said:

gambling whhaatt?
 Carbuncle.Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-08-02 18:08:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Boyaci said:
I guess I got lucky. I have a Walmart prepaid Visa card that is apparently not eligible for verified by Visa.

Each month, I load just enough money onto the card to pay my account because SE likes to try to take more. Last month, for example, they attempted to take $39.89 when I only owed $25. Charge was declined, I went in and entered the card again, and it went through just fine for the correct amount.

This month, same thing, declined charge for $39 and change, account "closed", re-enter the information and the correct amount of $24.94 goes through without a problem.

I was worried that I'd run into problems with them wanting the card to be verified by Visa by it never prompted for this information.

really?
the numbers never really add up to me ether....
 Valefor.Suicidekingg
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Suicidekingg 2009-08-02 19:16:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Sweet im back on! I tried to go walmart for the pre-paid visa thing but they don't do it where i live naturally.. I actually went to Safeway Grocery and got 100 dollar prepaid and used the old dusty Ps2 like everyone said. Took my info just fine and asked for nothing about verify. Redid CC info on POL and now im good for 4 mnths!

Big shout out to everyone who helped figure this out.

I knew keepin my ps2 would pay off.

DNAS FTW!!!!
 Carbuncle.Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-08-02 19:52:58
Link | Quote | Reply

rq b4 u leave SK, what is the bank of the pre paid card at safeway? please?
 Valefor.Suicidekingg
By Valefor.Suicidekingg 2009-08-02 20:02:39
Link | Quote | Reply

its underwritten by Citizens Bank of Canada. dont know where in canada u are but i imagine same. get card goto website to register with address etc and use right away. Looks like as long as its not done on pc u fine. They take a fair share mind u but what can u do....
 Carbuncle.Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-08-02 20:17:54
Link | Quote | Reply

so i looked up the visa and this gift card by bank of canada is verified so couldnt you do it on pc anyways?
 Valefor.Suicidekingg
By Valefor.Suicidekingg 2009-08-02 20:21:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Kyri said:
so i looked up the visa and this gift card by bank of canada is verified so couldnt you do it on pc anyways?

I suppose u could. i just did the ps2 method cause i had one still and just didnt need hastle. It's not reloadable so i'll need to update cc info with a new card b4 bill and i wont have interupt nemore
 Carbuncle.Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-08-02 20:26:40
Link | Quote | Reply

ty sk ^^ i think ima go get one ^^
 Valefor.Suicidekingg
By Valefor.Suicidekingg 2009-08-02 20:40:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Kyri said:
ty sk ^^ i think ima go get one ^^

NP happy to help!
 Fairy.Staley
Server: Fairy
user: Staleyx
By Fairy.Staley 2009-08-02 22:03:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Now to find someone with a ps2 or 360 to help me ><. No one I know has either.
 Hades.Hatekhaos
By Hades.Hatekhaos 2009-08-02 22:23:59
Link | Quote | Reply

There is a maintenance scheduled for tomorrow hope that doesnt make matters worse...
 Carbuncle.Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-08-02 23:31:55
Link | Quote | Reply

ffs i got the visa gift card from safeway, registered it like SK and nothing, it says i cannot use this card.. wtf?
 Bahamut.Megbite
user: Megbite
By Bahamut.Megbite 2009-08-02 23:35:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I just noticed there is a second thread about the same topic ^^

Listen, i just got my accounts up and running again after having a meltdown about this pos-pol nightmare.

update your CC information via ps2/360 and you wont have any issues.
It took me 10 min on 360, and I can feel my headach subsiding already xD
 Fairy.Staley
Server: Fairy
user: Staleyx
By Fairy.Staley 2009-08-02 23:42:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried and now getting a POL 60257 error.
 Cerberus.Boundsoul
Server: Cerberus
user: Boundsoul
By Cerberus.Boundsoul 2009-08-03 05:34:32
Link | Quote | Reply

i didn't have any problems when i made my gf's account yesterday, but i have Bank of America here and they were one of the first to signup with verified by visa. this coupled with the security token actually make me feel really safe playing now.

and i'm pretty sure its implementation had to do with stopping RMT trial accounts and RMT using online CC's which can be hacked with CC generators. since last i heard it was around 40% of RMT doesn't actually pay SE anything it makes sense to implement a block of this nature. but word travels fast, and i'm sure they'll start signing up on ps2's and 360's now.
 Bahamut.Bokkai
user: Bokkai
By Bahamut.Bokkai 2009-08-03 05:53:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Kyri said:
ffs i got the visa gift card from safeway, registered it like SK and nothing, it says i cannot use this card.. wtf?

I had issues with my CC after moving. I was off line for a month and entered in my new address instead of the one attached to the CC by accident. I was prompted to contact my CC issuer. Anyways, kept getting error codes and I then contacted POL via online chat. I was told to make sure to wait 24 hours before re-entering my information. I waited 3 days then entered info and all was fine.

I don't know if this will help but I hope you get it squared away.

*btw...hot damn girl. what the hell is in the water where you live? smokin!
 Hades.Hatekhaos
By Hades.Hatekhaos 2009-08-03 15:58:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Can someone explain the procedures for having someone log in with my acct info on an xbox to update my cc info.
A friend is telling me that the accounts will have to be merged with his and itll be like downloading the game over again??
I never played on a console so I dont know.
thanks in advance
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-08-03 16:22:16
Link | Quote | Reply

No they don't have to reinstall ffxi on xbox, but what happens is they would need to make a xbox account to have your account attached in order for them to log on. However doing that will be a hassle for you if you ever wanted to play on xbox with it and they register some random email and password to the xbox account linked to your ffxi account. Because if they forget what the email and password they used for the xbox account, you will have to call POL and have it unlinked and they ask for the registration codes to unlink it.
 Bahamut.Hatekhaos
By Bahamut.Hatekhaos 2009-08-03 16:23:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Alyria said:
No they don't have to reinstall ffxi on xbox, but what happens is they would need to make a xbox account to have your account attached in order for them to log on. However doing that will be a hassle for you if you ever wanted to play on xbox with it and they register some random email and password to the xbox account linked to your ffxi account.

thanks for the response, is there any charge to make an xbox account. Ill just give him my email address to use also.
/hope
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-08-03 16:25:28
Link | Quote | Reply

No he can make a free account.
 Bahamut.Hatekhaos
By Bahamut.Hatekhaos 2009-08-03 16:26:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Alyria said:
No he can make a free account.

awesome thank you for the information!
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-08-03 16:27:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Np. :) Don't forget to ask them for the name they create with your email.