Whoever Set The Cost Of Arise Is An Ass!!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » Whoever set the cost of arise is an ass!!
Whoever set the cost of arise is an ass!!
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-03-31 23:39:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Calipso said: »
nut up.
By Leysritt 2014-03-31 23:40:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Kiroo said: »
Sound like a bunch of greedy douches who have no problem taking the spell casted on you and not even looking back actually. Probly the same bunch who dun even play the job, all ya think bout is the gil your gonna make off it

Get out.

If people wanna sell the item for the price people are -willing- to pay, then they can do w/e the hell they want. If you have a problem with this, then go look up the price history on your server and confront them, but then again that'll only get you in hot water.

You can't have handouts buddy, back when Meteor was pricey I had to save up for it, not once did I complain. Why? Because like Arise, Meteor was a high price item, but it was a goal that could be achieved.

Get off your butt and get to work, if everyone else either farmed it or bought it, what makes you so special that everything has to change for you?
By Kiroo 2014-03-31 23:41:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Not worried bout being taken seriously by an LS over a 6 mill scroll lol. People are just friggin HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. I'd rather do something worth while with 6 mil than give it to 1 scroll to raise others. Luckily the game has become more solo and pickup friendly, ta hell with even needing an elitist ls
By Kiroo 2014-03-31 23:43:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Not asking for a hand out of any kind or I'd have joined one of the ls they get stuff for you so get off your high horse
By Leysritt 2014-03-31 23:44:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Not worried bout being taken seriously by an LS over a 6 mill scroll lol. People are just friggin HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. I'd rather do something worth while with 6 mil than give it to 1 scroll to raise others. Luckily the game has become more solo and pickup friendly, ta hell with even needing an elitist ls

Then if you don't wanna fork over the money, go farm it. Don't try and shame people into lowering the price with a thread like this. Honestly though, the "Elitist" thing really irked me just now, just because people want to have Arise, just because people want competent players does not make them elitist, it just means they want efficiency. You could be more efficient and be doing something to get the scroll instead of wasting time complaining on the forums.
By Kiroo 2014-03-31 23:45:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks to the majority, I do see greed is what runs things. All good. and to the last twit about farming, my 12 mill says I been doing something and it's not getting hand outs. Still wont buy it.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-03-31 23:46:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you aware of the staggering amount of hypocrisy in your subsequent posts from your original rant of "giving to others", that you decidedly go about bashing anyone who doesn't give you exactly what you demand of them?

There's a price market for the rarity and effort put into attaining such a scroll, and if it's of no use to you at all, or you have no inclination of using it, or being taken seriously, why all of the butt-hurt about a scroll and the free market price of it?

Why complain to us, for a scroll that has very few groups farming for it, and even less areas to obtain it from, instead of SE, for not giving to you as a handout, for making WHM99?

Hell, there are obscure items out there, that cost even more, and offer even less, but I guess the price of those items, for the effort and rarity don't matter to someone who does nothing but complain.

Why even a thread?
[+]
By Kiroo 2014-03-31 23:46:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Leysritt said: »

Then if you don't wanna fork over the money, go farm it. Don't try and shame people into lowering the price with a thread like this. Honestly though, the "Elitist" thing really irked me just now, just because people want to have Arise, just because people want competent players does not make them elitist, it just means they want efficiency. You could be more efficient and be doing something to get the scroll instead of wasting time complaining on the forums.

Have no interest in feeding into the greed of other just so I can cast a spell that benefits everybody but me most of the time
By Leysritt 2014-03-31 23:47:02
Link | Quote | Reply

and to the last twit about farming, my 12 mill says I been doing something and it's not getting hand outs. Still wont buy it.

I'm happy for you, but still you don't use a forum to complain (I should know, I learned the hard way and learned a valuable lesson from it)
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
Server: Carbuncle
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2014-03-31 23:47:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd rather do something worth while with 6 mil than give it to 1 scroll to raise others WHOM I LET DIE.

and you will proceed to waste 2 minutes of dps which could cause a win because of your own selfish reasons.

It doesn't just benefit others, it benefits you, as you are playing with the people who you cast the spell on. Learn to be a team player, not a pylon.
 Leviathan.Slowbro
Server: Leviathan
user: Slowbro
By Leviathan.Slowbro 2014-03-31 23:51:57
Link | Quote | Reply

This game has been out for 11+ years. People have figured out tons of ways to make easy gil by now. Every job has expensive things that they "need". I'm amazed that more things aren't that expensive.

Gil is easy. You not having it is no one else's fault. 6 million gil is a fair price for a scroll that is rare or cannot be solo'd, and as several people have already said: it's going to come from Meeble Burrows soon and will probably drop in price.

Tips:
6 million gil is ~3 dynamis runs if you know what you're doing. The game gives you free gil with login campaign (trade points for beastly shanks and sell them). Emminence quests are extremely easy and give lots of plutons to sell. People often shout for voidwatch again because crafting materials are now worth a lot and drop fairly often. Level low jobs quickly to rack up conquest points or do campaign battles for allied notes. Convert either of these to voiddust and sell. 1 besieged = 5 imperial goldpieces to sell. You can solo rank 10 in all 3 nations on any level 99 job these days, total reward = 957k gil.

In the time you spent typing this topic and responding ignorantly you could have been making gil to buy it or asking for help.
[+]
By Kiroo 2014-03-31 23:52:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »
Are you aware of the staggering amount of hypocrisy in your subsequent posts from your original rant of "giving to others", that you decidedly go about bashing anyone who doesn't give you exactly what you demand of them?

There's a price market for the rarity and effort put into attaining such a scroll, and if it's of no use to you at all, or you have no inclination of using it, or being taken seriously, why all of the butt-hurt about a scroll and the free market price of it?

Why complain to us, for a scroll that has very few groups farming for it, and even less areas to obtain it from, instead of SE, for not giving to you as a handout, for making WHM99?

Hell, there are obscure items out there, that cost even more, and offer even less, but I guess the price of those items, for the effort and rarity don't matter to someone who does nothing but complain.

Why even a thread?

My point is people are ridiculous. This isn't the best weapon for the class or a great armor piece. Hell I just bought all the new nin scrolls for less than 100k and they only one they benefit is me.... Ths is the very reason whms started charging for teleports. who the hell pays that much to give to others? ya I realize the economics of the game and its fully geared around greed. It's like charging 1k for the newest form of Tylenol, which one of you twits could afford it? My point is just because you can do it, dun make it right.
 Bahamut.Rienea
Server: Bahamut
user: Riee
By Bahamut.Rienea 2014-03-31 23:59:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Hall of Im
Hall of Muru
Hall of Ki
Hall of An

The trophies from these gets you to -> Hall of Mul, where wave 3 is guaranteed either Meteor or Arise off the mobs.

Get off your butt, put a group together and farm all the above halls and get your own damn scroll if you're not willing to pay the price we set for it, and above all, quit your QQ'ing.
[+]
Server: Balmung
Game: FFXIV
user: Slykun
By Sly Tribal 2014-04-01 00:01:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it's become obvious that the OP is just trolling at this point. That or he just got backed into a corner and ran out of PP, so he's using Struggle over and over.
[+]
 Leviathan.Slowbro
user: Slowbro
By Leviathan.Slowbro 2014-04-01 00:02:12
Link | Quote | Reply

You're saying it's greedy for ~6+ people to spend their time doing Legion, farming a scroll, probably splitting it it 6 ways, and selling it for a reasonable amount when they could all be doing something else to make even more gil and there would be no scrolls on the market at all.

You want multiple people to go farm something for you and you don't want to pay a fair amount? Pretty sure you're the greedy one.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2014-04-01 00:03:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Other people will benefit from you not being a shitty spell less NIN.

You're way too self centered for someone who's preaching the "I'm a WHM, I'm here to help others!".

No, you are not. You are an entitled princess WHM, the worst kind of all as they are ***by default.

All this thread has achieved is making you look like an idiot and an incompetent player for the people who read it. Just go farm that scroll or be quiet, that's your only two options really.

Sly Tribal said: »
I think it's become obvious that the OP is just trolling at this point. That or he just got backed into a corner and ran out of PP, so he's using Struggle over and over.
>people are being stupid on internet

"OMG HE TROLLIN', OMG TROLL, TROOOOOLL"

You're as bad as him.
 Leviathan.Kaparu
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2014-04-01 00:08:32
Link | Quote | Reply

You have a fundamental misunderstanding of what the spell is useful for if you're under the impression that your purchasing it is a matter of spending gil for others' benefit

tl;dr stahp
By Kiroo 2014-04-01 00:13:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I know what its used for, I see it cast all the time, had it cast one me too and I hope they didn't have to spend that kind of money to get it.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-04-01 00:15:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Aside from Arise, WHM hasn't had to spend much in the last couple years to be effective.
By Fasaga 2014-04-01 00:16:22
Link | Quote | Reply

A 3 minute weakness vs. a 5 minute weakness can often make a monumental difference in whatever event your doing. In a lot of new content, it can even mean the difference between win & fail. Considering how often I WHM at events, if I didn't already have the spell, I would be willing to pay far more than 6M for it.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2014-04-01 00:18:52
Link | Quote | Reply

He has a Ruby Ring and Psilos Mantle on his 99 NIN. It's safe to say just about anyhing he has to say is irrelevant to content worth a damn.
 Leviathan.Kaparu
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2014-04-01 00:23:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I know what its used for, I see it cast all the time, had it cast one me too and I hope they didn't have to spend that kind of money to get it.

Yes, but you don't. As far as group content is concerned, every dime a melee spends on improving themselves goes on to benefit you. The same can be said about you giving them a weakness status that lasts two minutes less than it otherwise would.

Your logic is faulty, and you're whiny.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
user: Slyshen1
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2014-04-01 00:24:11
Link | Quote | Reply

What is supply and demand for 500?

The four basic laws of supply and demand according to Wikipedia are:

If demand increases (demand curve shifts to the right) and supply remains unchanged, a shortage occurs, leading to a higher equilibrium price.

If demand decreases (demand curve shifts to the left) supply remains unchanged, a surplus occurs, leading to a lower equilibrium price.

If demand remains unchanged and supply increases (supply curve shifts to the right), a surplus occurs, leading to a lower equilibrium price.

If demand remains unchanged and supply decreases (supply curve shifts to the left), a shortage occurs, leading to a higher equilibrium price.

I tell this to people all the time when they ridicule me for charging 'so much gil' for a highly desired item. It really gets annoying and if most of you graduated from high school the concept shouldn't be hard.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
user: Slyshen1
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2014-04-01 00:30:00
Link | Quote | Reply

No matter what job you level, you're going to have to pay a decent amount of gil, that is if you want to play the job right. That's not to say that necessarily the armor makes the WHOLE player but for the most part it definitely plays an important role. If something such as arise is going to be such a problem I'd say it's safe to assume that maybe you shouldn't be a White Mage. If you do continue to be a WHM, just don't join any end-game content where this ability can and probably will be extremely useful. I personally have seen tons of people play end-game content and NOT have/use arise and people don't really call them out but it definitely makes things that much easier. Fasaga said it pretty well a few posts earlier.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2014-04-01 00:30:48
Link | Quote | Reply

You can't talk supply and demand to guys like this

I love how he "recently came back" and yaps like he knows what 'value' a scroll should have

A currency-based economy will dictate what value something should be, not returners crying for a hand out. (watch him quote and reply that he isn't crying) If you feel its too much then don't buy it and thats it, there isn't any need for any of this HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE discussion

/themoreyouknow
[+]
 Bismarck.Inference
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-04-01 00:35:42
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're just going to keep doing all the solo friendly content, then by all means don't feel obligated to buy it.

However, melee scenarios tend to go less than perfect a majority of the time. Between having to manage your own mistakes on top of melee that don't know what a hybrid/DT set is, people are probably gonna die. 2 minutes is a big deal, it is your job to have such a spell ready. It's no different than people using multiple song BRD, Relic RNG, Aegis/Ochain PLD, etc. It can be a pretty fundamental piece of the current strategies and if you want to perform optimally you need to have it.

To further rehash what has been said a handful of times: there is a balance of effort to cost in addition to just general supply and demand. I wish a lot of things I've bought were a little cheaper but it usually comes down to me being too lazy or not being able to get enough people interested to do the activity I'm looking for. Dynamis Currency would be a good example of my laziness, where as Legion I'd imagine I would have a difficult time gathering interest just to farm a scroll, or a rare/ex drop that probably only I want.

For the final rehash, unfortunately you may have to come to terms that your 12m, no matter how long you took to get it, is not a lot of money in the grand scheme of things. There's A LOT of money in circulation right now. That's why things like old Voidwatch drops or Airlixir +2 can spike back up to "insane" prices and remain there pretty reliably when updates like the last few hit; and that has nothing to do with "greed", its just gil is usually pretty meaningless for people who have been playing for at least a few months. If you're just coming back, like Slowbro said, Dynamis/Salvage is usually the starting point for people to make their millions due to steady demand and pretty favorable prices to the seller(thanks to lazy people like me!)
[+]
 Valefor.Blizz
Server: Valefor
user: Blizzit
By Valefor.Blizz 2014-04-01 00:39:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Who the hell wants Arise on them when Cat Sith can just aoe arise and its free :P

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Arana
Server: Shiva
user: Arana1
By Shiva.Arana 2014-04-01 01:37:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Guys you're arguing with someone who went 1/5 shellra for 5/5 devotion and 4/5 prot.
By Voren 2014-04-01 01:52:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ths is the very reason whms started charging for teleports.

What a load of crap. The teleport scrolls are figgin FREE so long as you're willing to do the quests. The reason why WHM charge for teleports is because they can and they want the money and someone is willing to pay 3~5k per teleport. I did the quests for the teleport scrolls a few years ago and sold them all. I'm guessing those that bought them wanted them for a mule and didn't want to do the quests again, who knows and who cares.

Complaining about things costing $X amount doesn't get you sympathy. It doesn't get you a discount, and it damn sure won't get you an ally in your nonsensical rant. Like others I've learned the hard way (remember choco blinker nerf?).

I'm not sure if anyone else looks at it this way, but I no longer see money, I see time. 6mil is 3~4 days of farming/selling (being liberal here). If something I want on AH costs 6mil and has the potential of taking more than 4 days of farming (setting up runs, finding a working strat, getting pops, shouting for people, fighting, repeating because of dismal drop rates) then I see nothing but win in that price, it's saving me a day and a lot of *** headache.