Unlocking Victory Smite?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » unlocking Victory smite?
unlocking Victory smite?
First Page 2
 Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Ninjaface
By Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface 2014-03-17 10:51:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a little confused on how to unlock Victory Smite. I'm getting conflicting reports from my linkshell and can't find any real information one way or the other.

Obviously, unlocking it with empyrean weapon is one way, but things I have read imply that the WS is only usable with the weapon equipped. Then I see some information that suggests that you can trade the weapon to something in WoE and unlock the WS full time.

I have heard that this trade to unlock WS is also possible with the WS only magian weapon whose name escapes me(i.e, going from building vere to building the easier to make weapon), but I can't find anything online that would suggest it.

Then there is the WoE trials (-1 weapon and upgrade with dice and residue, trade to something in WoE after having done the first few voidwatch quests, city wins I think).

If someone could help clear this up for me that would be greatly appreciated.
 Asura.Krebons
Server: Asura
user: Krebons
By Asura.Krebons 2014-03-17 10:56:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface said: »
I'm a little confused on how to unlock Victory Smite. I'm getting conflicting reports from my linkshell and can't find any real information one way or the other.

Obviously, unlocking it with empyrean weapon is one way, but things I have read imply that the WS is only usable with the weapon equipped. Then I see some information that suggests that you can trade the weapon to something in WoE and unlock the WS full time.

I have heard that this trade to unlock WS is also possible with the WS only magian weapon whose name escapes me(i.e, going from building vere to building the easier to make weapon), but I can't find anything online that would suggest it.

Then there is the WoE trials (-1 weapon and upgrade with dice and residue, trade to something in WoE after having done the first few voidwatch quests, city wins I think).

If someone could help clear this up for me that would be greatly appreciated.

The -1 with the dice and residue is the way you have to do it, and you must ahve all the wins.... I found out the hard way (still working on wins lol)
 Phoenix.Baelorn
Server: Phoenix
user: Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2014-03-17 10:56:43
Link | Quote | Reply

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Walk_of_Echoes_Weapon_Skill_Trials
By Ravenn42 2014-03-17 10:59:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Get 90 vere bring it to WOE in pashow s...trade vere 2 moogle done.. can't see why you are confused.

If you have not even started vere than woe weapon is faster to make.

After u unlock can use any H2H
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-03-17 11:02:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Walk of Echoes Weapon Skill Trials

You will need either a level 90+ Empy weapon, or you can grab a -1 weapon from the chest and trade coins+die+residue to the crate. Once you have one of these, you will need to make sure you have the quest "Guardian of the Void" completed, which means you'll have to have cleared all 4 tiers of VWNM's for Sandy, Windy and Bastok.

Then you'll be able to unlock the WS.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-03-17 11:15:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Theres actually 3 ways.

1) make a Vere90 and trade to the moogle in WoE.

2) if you are on the weapon before the abyssea trials you can select the WoE path with a reduction in dice and residue 35 of each.

3) get the -1 weapon from the chest in Ru'lude then trade 30 coins, 100 dice and 100 residue.

You need to clear T1-4 VW in cities though for all 3 paths.
[+]
By Sieha1 2014-03-17 11:17:19
Link | Quote | Reply

you can also do the trials up to the point where you either make a woe or a emp weapon and choose the woe path. this cost some seals but much less coins/dice/residue. Takes time tho even with the nms respawning back to back.
 Sylph.Peldin
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Peldin 2014-03-17 11:17:27
Link | Quote | Reply

90 Vere or 99 Dumuzis

90 Vere can only be done via the trials it's always been. (see Hand to Hand Trials)

99 Dumuzis can now be done two different ways.

The longer way is to do the NM trials (see previous link) Note: you will still need the coins, die, and residue so don't do this path.

The faster way is to grab a Dumuzis -1 and then buy (or farm) the following:
30 coins of advancement
100 devious die
100 liminal residue
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2014-03-17 11:38:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh, I did the NM trials because I had work to do and netflix to watch between spawn windows.
[+]
 Leviathan.Jackieolivas
Server: Leviathan
user: Rahziela
By Leviathan.Jackieolivas 2014-03-17 11:58:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Random question regarding this. Do you lose the weapon traded? It sounds like something SE would do. Offer up the weapon in exchange for permanent use of its WS.
 Bismarck.Hsieh
Server: Bismarck
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2014-03-17 11:58:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Jackieolivas said: »
Random question regarding this. Do you lose the weapon traded?
no
 Odin.Boleslaus
Server: Odin
user: boleslaus
By Odin.Boleslaus 2014-03-17 11:59:29
Link | Quote | Reply

no but u wont want it unless its the emp and u plan on taking it to 119
 Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface
By Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface 2014-03-17 13:49:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for all of the info. I was getting confused due to there being two ways to make the WoE weapon. It was not immediately clear that they would both result in being able to learn the WS.

If I have the time and the drive would you suggest making a Vere, or is it not optimal in the current endgame when I could be spending the time to make something else?
By Ravenn42 2014-03-17 17:20:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it depends on a lot of factors. If you have Shijin spiral than you can get by and it is a better Ws in certain situations. If you don't have the points to unlock the Ws than victory smite may be the way to go.

As far as which path to go it depends on your play time and cash flow.

To buy items for woe could run 5 to 10 mil depending on availability and price

To casually make a vere probably 30 days... If you play ALOT and have help 3 to 5 days.

IMHO you can just farm dynamism 3 to 6 days and buy the items for a lot less of a headache.
If you don't have the VW city clears well that's a whole new story....just make vere....
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-03-17 17:24:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface said: »
Thanks for all of the info. I was getting confused due to there being two ways to make the WoE weapon. It was not immediately clear that they would both result in being able to learn the WS.

If I have the time and the drive would you suggest making a Vere, or is it not optimal in the current endgame when I could be spending the time to make something else?

If you're not taking it to 119, don't bother with Vere.

1. you won't be able to hit anything with the lack of skill on it
2. you'd be behind even a lvl106 weapon in terms of damage

Save your energy for getting good augments on skirmish gear and getting Oats
 Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface
By Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface 2014-03-17 23:30:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Save your energy for getting good augments on skirmish gear and getting Oats
This is what I am doing now, so I'll stick with it. Oats are being troublesome because I can't seem to pug 5 solid people on my server, but I'll wind up with them over the week I think.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [37 days between previous and next post]
By Sieha1 2014-04-23 14:04:09
Link | Quote | Reply

nah you should be fine as is...
 Shiva.Gib
Server: Shiva
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2014-04-23 14:11:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Well from personal experience VS ALWAYS out damages Shijin, not by much most of the time, unless you have good luck with Crits.

So the main question you have to ask yourself, do you want to be an amazing MNK? or are you content with being a 'Good enough' MNK?
 Phoenix.Devdas
Server: Phoenix
user: Devdas
By Phoenix.Devdas 2014-04-23 14:16:03
Link | Quote | Reply

There is no reason not to unlock it since you are already so close to 90 vere anyway. You could do the woe stage or bust out the fangs in like 1-2 days. You will be fine without it but I think it does better overall.
 Shiva.Gib
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2014-04-23 14:26:50
Link | Quote | Reply

or hell if you have enough FU money, just get the -1 from the chest and buy the 30 coins and 100 die and 100 Residue from PC Vendors, and boom victory smite.
By Sieha1 2014-04-23 14:30:24
Link | Quote | Reply

The comment he made screams, "Good Enough".
[+]
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2014-04-23 14:42:33
Link | Quote | Reply

VS is still the best WS monk can get due to its slightly better dmg and SC abilitys(at least I don't think SS has good SC options which is why it's used for "no SC" times) shijin would really only get used for times of "no SC".
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [81 days between previous and next post]
 Sylph.Ryogo
Server: Sylph
user: Rolypoly
By Sylph.Ryogo 2014-07-13 22:39:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Gib said: »
or hell if you have enough FU money, just get the -1 from the chest and buy the 30 coins and 100 die and 100 Residue from PC Vendors, and boom victory smite.

I did this but I'm unable to trade my completed weapon (Dumuzis) to the ??? in Walk of Echoes. Nothing out of the ordinary, etc.

Can someone confirm whether or not Voidwatch clears are necessary?

Wiki says yes... but I've talked to 4 players in-game who have learned Victory Smite and confidently say no. Which is it?
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
Server: Ragnarok
user: Slyshen1
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2014-07-13 22:41:15
Link | Quote | Reply

If I remember correctly I ran all over the place looking for a ??? and it was actually a " " (completely blank) but was a spot you could trade your weapon to. This could also just be the weed talking...
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
Server: Ragnarok
user: Slyshen1
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2014-07-13 22:42:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I never killed any VW monsters. I got my h2h from the crate, traded all the dies and coins, went to WoE, found the spot after a while and followed the dialog from moogle and bam, unlocked.
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
user: Motenten
By Fenrir.Motenten 2014-07-13 22:43:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Have to talk to the spot/moogle and choose the weapon you're aiming for before you can trade the weapon itself.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Server: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-07-13 22:46:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Ryogo said: »

I did this but I'm unable to trade my completed weapon (Dumuzis) to the ??? in Walk of Echoes. Nothing out of the ordinary, etc.

Wiki says yes... but I've talked to 4 players in-game who have learned Victory Smite and confidently say no. Which is it?
If you had bothered to read the thread, and clicked the links, the answer would have been "yes, you need the VW clears leading up to Walk of Echoes"
 Fenrir.Atheryn
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-07-14 07:36:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Ryogo said: »

You have to have the weapon equipped and click on the unmarked ??? first, select the weaponskill you want to unlock, and then trade the weapon to it. The WS won't show up in your weaponskill list until you zone.
First Page 2