[Dev1188] Job Points System
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Sylph.Feary
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2014-03-06 06:57:48
Link | Quote | Reply

i would like them to restrict this to outside abyssea. otherwise most will just worm burn it to cap in 2-3 weeks.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-03-06 07:06:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Who cares where people do it, it's something new and it looks awesome regardless.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-03-06 07:20:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Just when I'm about to retire my BLM, something like this comes up!

When's the update again?
 Carbuncle.Kaelthas
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Kaelthas 2014-03-06 07:22:15
Link | Quote | Reply

They don't have an exact date, but mid march is when it'll be.
By Ophannus 2014-03-06 07:25:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone on BG said no capacity points inside abyssea or from ROE. So have fun meriting in the new zones(a 6 person of with COrsair Roll gets about 2.5k-3k per kill I think on those rams in Khamir.
By Lisotte 2014-03-06 07:29:56
Link | Quote | Reply

First I thought "Oh look, merit points 2.0" but now I'm kind of interested.

What's going to be interesting is that for the first few weeks after release, everyone's going to attempt to stick to their "main" job for new content because that's all they'll have had time to get exp points for.
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-03-06 07:37:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ophannus said: »
Someone on BG said no capacity points inside abyssea or from ROE. So have fun meriting in the new zones(a 6 person of with COrsair Roll gets about 2.5k-3k per kill I think on those rams in Khamir.
You can get 2475 without cor roll in Outer Ra'Kaznar past chain4.

The problem is the lack of good xp camps (fast enough respawn) for aggressive xping in adoulin. Kamihr doesnt support many people, neither does cirdas, etc.
I love this marjami camp, but it barely handles me train pulling the entire area to be slept and killed off by a party of 6.

and dont even get me started on all the brochain plds solo cleaving entire areas further reducing the xping options.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-03-06 07:52:52
Link | Quote | Reply

This better be coming next update lol
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-03-06 08:02:00
Link | Quote | Reply

If they really want more people to xp out in adoulin zones, they should seriously consider adding a random roaming NM encounter per zone that people out xping/roaming about would bump into to spice things up. Mini delve/naakaul type boss.

It could have the 'anyone can fight it' mechanic like wildkeeper reives so theres no camping/claiming drama, and everyone gets xp/jobpoint/loot for helping kill it, kind of like a FF14 FATE.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kincard
Server: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2014-03-06 08:13:03
Link | Quote | Reply

If they manage to somehow think of more ways of making xp grinding less monotonous then I won't mind the people clamoring for them to make it extra grindy as much, but until then I'm glad the XI devs know they arn't making a Lineage II clone here.

And really it's already plenty grindy if that screenshot is indicative of what we're getting. I really don't give a crap if someone else wants to sit in Abyssea for 40 hours straight to finish it.

This just in, you can't get Capacity Points in Abyssea, so hurray for you guys I guess.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-03-06 08:25:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Man, them Morta shouts gonna be more fulfilling now! If I'm guessing right, VWNM will be giving exp/limits, gear/money, and CP/JP.

Here's to hoping they give Blue Mage either more slots, more potency on self buffs, augmentable Blue Magic Attack, or lower the cost of BLUE spells across the board.

Here's to hoping they enhance GEO/Indi spells to be god-awfully powerful so that Frailty is -35% defense (hey, I can dream). Hey, we need some way to level the playing field on our perma-debuffs.

This company never fails to come up with new content to keep players swinging their swords. I mean, RoE was largly a success, whether through money items or just new weapons for the time being (and papers). I can see them continually adding "new Job Point categories" later on.

Consider this the "Group 3 Merits" system we have been asking for forever, just renamed something different.

Expect shouts that say //yell {Looking For Members} CAPPED-JP WHM & PLD ONLY, 60/60 POINT BARD/CORSAIR {Yes, please}.
 Bismarck.Danz
Server: Bismarck
user: danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2014-03-06 08:38:51
Link | Quote | Reply

i just hope they give the ability to hold multiple AA/DM KIs
would be nice to stack those up wile working on these...
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-03-06 08:57:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
You can get 2475 without cor roll in Outer Ra'Kaznar past chain4.

The problem is the lack of good xp camps (fast enough respawn) for aggressive xping in adoulin. Kamihr doesnt support many people, neither does cirdas, etc.
I love this marjami camp, but it barely handles me train pulling the entire area to be slept and killed off by a party of 6.

and dont even get me started on all the brochain plds solo cleaving entire areas further reducing the xping options.

but the brochain+A.Edge burn is pretty tight its like 5 merits every 2 minutes.

There are certain areas in the gates of Woh that can handle it and aren't camped very often and no they're not the butterfly/eft or worm bunny areas near the Morimar/Kamihr zones.
 Cerberus.Cruxus
Server: Cerberus
user: Cruxus
By Cerberus.Cruxus 2014-03-06 09:19:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like a nice attempt to further enhance jobs by actually making people play them in actual combat instead of just side-lining them cause they're not "ideal" for the situation. Granted you can easily gain exp solo in any SoA zones. The real big question is anyone out there who has a good understanding of the Japanese language and can read then translate what the text says in the sample pic...lol
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2014-03-06 09:23:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Without knowing what kind of enhancements we are getting... all this really looks like to me is extra grind requirement to be on par for new content.
[+]
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-03-06 09:38:27
Link | Quote | Reply

On one hand, it'd be interesting to see what we can do to enhance our jobs further.

On the other, this looks like it'll end up as another reason to be excluded from end-game content.

"{Yorcia Weald}{Delve}{Looking for Members} 5/6 RNG 119 Barrage+10 Onry"
 Shiva.Onorgul
Server: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-03-06 09:39:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Cruxus said: »
Looks like a nice attempt to further enhance jobs by actually making people play them in actual combat instead of just side-lining them cause they're not "ideal" for the situation.
Why would I waste the time to optimize a job that I'll never use in a real situation? This doesn't appear to change anything except to provide a new grind-quest for those willing to undertake it.

That said, it'll be a real kick in the soft bits if this system is used to fix some of the glaring flaws that have been around for several years, like the complete irrelevance of Red Mage.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-03-06 09:41:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like a nice attempt to further enhance jobs by actually making people play them in actual combat instead of just side-lining them cause they're not "ideal" for the situation. Granted you can easily gain exp solo in any SoA zones. The real big question is anyone out there who has a good understanding of the Japanese language and can read then translate what the text says in the sample pic...lol

Prothescar quoted earlier:

Quote:
(Mighty Strikes effect + and Berserk effect +; thanks to Cairthenn(Jinjo) over on BG for the translation)
 Bismarck.Hsieh
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2014-03-06 09:45:16
Link | Quote | Reply

This is a relief. I was getting tired of beating bugards and throwing away their skins.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Amymy
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-03-06 09:48:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe we can duo delve after we get all our job points. :)
[+]
 Bismarck.Arcos
user: afranko22
By Bismarck.Arcos 2014-03-06 10:03:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder if this is their "new merit point categories" idea.

Maybe it will be an option to force us between "Job Points" and Merit Points...
 Cerberus.Cruxus
Server: Cerberus
user: Cruxus
By Cerberus.Cruxus 2014-03-06 10:09:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Onorgul said: »
Looks like a nice attempt to further enhance jobs by actually making people play them in actual combat instead of just side-lining them cause they're not "ideal" for the situation.
Why would I waste the time to optimize a job that I'll never use in a real situation? This doesn't appear to change anything except to provide a new grind-quest for those willing to undertake it.

That said, it'll be a real kick in the soft bits if this system is used to fix some of the glaring flaws that have been around for several years, like the complete irrelevance of Red Mage.

Poor choice of words i suppose, I more or less meant that ppl can't just sit back on said job to leech exp to enhance a job that is bandwagon and in turn doesn't know how to play properly or at least deter ppl from doing such since you actually have to spend time to enhance these parameters. People will still have the option to raise them but will have to determine if they really wanna put forth the effort in the job instead of "hey i got this job to 99...i'm good to go" mentality.

And thank you Buukki, didn't go through all posts.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-03-06 10:12:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk why everyone is so confused at this, it's just a new version of merit points with no cap(so better).
[+]
 Phoenix.Elizabet
Server: Phoenix
user: Elizabet
By Phoenix.Elizabet 2014-03-06 10:16:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Idk why everyone is so confused at this, it's just a new version of merit points with no cap(so better).

This, but with the limitation of: Can't earn point on JobA to spend on JobB.
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2014-03-06 10:21:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone on BG said no capacity points inside abyssea or from ROE.
Nothing about that in the official post. If they do decide to exclude Abyssea and RoE xp, I hope they don't exclude VW xp. Otherwise doing all this grinding is going to suck even worse.
 Leviathan.Gempig
Server: Leviathan
user: gempig1
By Leviathan.Gempig 2014-03-06 10:28:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Hope there's some good points for BST.
[+]
 Bismarck.Stephenjd
user: Stephenjd
By Bismarck.Stephenjd 2014-03-06 10:37:24
Link | Quote | Reply

From BG, I think some translated posts from the JP official forum:

displayhead and lockstyle
Quote Originally Posted by monya-munya
What happens if you toggle displayhead while inside or outside lockstyle?
/displayhead will not affect the status of your /lockstyle. If you turn it off while in /lockstyle, your other remaining pieces will remain locked while your helm disappears, and if you retoggle it, it will show the helm you were wearing at the time you set the /lockstyle.

Job Points
You will be unable to gain capacity points in Abyssea. By defeating certain monsters in the field, and certain monsters in content, you will gain capacity points. It should also be noted you will not be able to gain Capacity Points using Records of Eminence in the March Update, but this may be subject to change in the future.

It should be noted that because this is content in development, it may be different than the screenshot shown. In the March Update, it is currently planned to go up to level 10, rather than level 30 for each category as the development screenshot shows. The cap is planned to be raised in future updates, so please stay tuned!

Beastmen Kings
In the March Update, we will be reducing the respawn timers of Gulool Ja Ja/Gurfurlur the Menacing /Medusa. I won't give an exact time, but the plan is to reduce it so that you won't have to camp it for days at a time.

We gave this very careful consideration because it is directly tied to the difficulty to the Mythic Weapons, however because players are so much stronger than they were at the implementation of Besieged, it has become very difficult for players to combat these NMs, and thus this change will go through.
 Shiva.Siral
user: Siral
By Shiva.Siral 2014-03-06 10:39:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Onorgul said: »

Poor choice of words i suppose, I more or less meant that ppl can't just sit back on said job to leech exp to enhance a job that is bandwagon and in turn doesn't know how to play properly or at least deter ppl from doing such since you actually have to spend time to enhance these parameters. People will still have the option to raise them but will have to determine if they really wanna put forth the effort in the job instead of "hey i got this job to 99...i'm good to go" mentality.

And thank you Buukki, didn't go through all posts.

Pretty sure people are going to leech these just like they're going to leech everything else. It's been shown previously in the thread you can cleave in adoulin zones. So just afk on the job you want points for while 1 person does all the work.

Also, I hate the mindset that just because you leech a job to 99 it means you are terrible/don't know how to play the job properly.

Getting to 99 quicker and then experimenting with ALL your job abilities and gear swaps actually makes it quicker to get better at a job. You get a better feel of your full potential on the job when you can go out and use it at LV 99.

If two people started the same job at level one and played it nonstop for 2 months. The person who had it at 99 the first day and spent the entire 2 months playing it at 99 would be more familiar than the person who got it to lv 99 on the last day of the 2 month period.

If you're a terrible player it doesn't matter if you spent 2 hours on the job or 2 years on the job. There were people in old XI that got to 75 and still were completely terrible players.
[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-03-06 10:45:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Siral said: »
Getting to 99 quicker and then experimenting with ALL your job abilities and gear swaps actually makes it quicker to get better at a job. You get a better feel of your full potential on the job when you can go out and use it at LV 99.
Ha ha ha ha ha!

HA!

Oh, what a load of nonsense.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-03-06 10:45:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Peldin said: »
Someone on BG said no capacity points inside abyssea or from ROE.
Nothing about that in the official post. If they do decide to exclude Abyssea and RoE xp, I hope they don't exclude VW xp. Otherwise doing all this grinding is going to suck even worse.

I really doubt they'll exclude VW. They already started trying to get us back into it, they know Morta is good merits, and some other fights provide decent exp/plates/cinders etc. This would just mean more VW to go around, and, if they add the ingredients from hurkan/yummy/kammy to delve, they will undoubtedly be ingredients for upgrading body/legs to +1 for relic.

Which ultimately means they could expand the list of VW mob-specific drops to other bosses. Maybe its wishful thinking, but I don't see them making this solely "Colibri 75 meripo" camp style. The face of exping has changed, although the picture in the dev notes does worry me.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7