Why Do SE Fail So Hard At Customer Service?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » why do SE fail so hard at customer service?
why do SE fail so hard at customer service?
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Carbuncle.Kyri
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-07-27 12:45:28
Link | Quote | Reply

why do so many defend se when the make sooooooo many bad choices? i agree SE has ***all for customer service.

someone can garden for money and get banned while someone else is obviously bot claiming and even tho 10 different played report them nothing happens.
someone can get hacked and loose yrs of work and no one cares. or how about waiting 3-4 hrs for a web chat that was completly pointless or two hrs on a long distance call to the company.

better yet, dont be upset about loosing any hard work? im sure people got pissed when playing ff7 or 8, getting some 40+ hrs in and having a memory card f-up.
thats nothing compared to say 4-6 yrs of playing this.
Why do the majority of long time players stay? because of friends. some in which they hang out with now, or even on line relationships that have worked out. I most certainly would be PISSED if I lost my account.

Tbest said:
Leey said:
thats awesome when someone wastes 3 years of your life in a day let me know and remind me to laugh.
People take the game waaaaaay too seriously. At the end of the day, it's just data on a server in Japan. It's not YOUR LIFE. Those people that get upset about something so trivial need to step back and think about it.

it is a part of YOUR life. maybe something stupid to some but no different then person A. collecting stamps as a hobby to loose them all to someone robbing them or person B. who has played football for the last 5 yrs and messes up their back.

To you the stamps, the football, or the game is stupid but to them it's called a hobby, something they enjoy doing.
[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-27 12:51:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Generally, the 'non-greedy' do something because they enjoy it. The stamp collector or the football player are probably doing those things because they 'enjoy' doing them. I'll have absolutely no remorse when I leave XI for XIV. I felt the same way when I quit numerous times in the past as well.

Sure, a lot of the employees of SE should be in the Special Olympics... I'm sure not defending their actions. But, I do think it's pretty funny.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-07-27 13:00:13
Link | Quote | Reply

good for you im sure thats why youve quit numerous times?
 Gilgamesh.Tallulah
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Tallulah 2009-07-27 13:02:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Kyri said:

better yet, dont be upset about loosing any hard work? im sure people got pissed when playing ff7 or 8, getting some 40+ hrs in and having a memory card f-up.

User submitted image
gotta turn the power tab off XD

i agree with you on the on topic stuff ;)
 Carbuncle.Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-07-27 13:02:42
Link | Quote | Reply

i miss game shark ; ;
 Seraph.Darkvision
Server: Seraph
By Seraph.Darkvision 2009-07-27 13:02:50
Link | Quote | Reply

ok there is the SE defending point: sounnds like your friend never specified a date when to get rolled back, and coz thre was no specified date se just chose a date to his origional server. its harsh but thats the truth. unfortunately its in the ToS if you dont specify what date to get rolled back to, SE can automatically roll back to when ever they please. not in those words but thats my understanding of it.

on the "*** you SE WTF and how could you get this soo wrong" point: that sucks, i'd say if he really want to get back to the point of before he got hacked, prob wont happen but i'd be seeking compensation about it, hell report them to trading standards etc. thier customer service as realy poor, prob breaking the standard rules set out to what is and is not acceptable.

if he been rolled back that far, then he should be entitled to all the money back to that date i'd say. keep fight ing it tho. demand to speak to managers, and managers of the managers etc, dont give up thats what they want ya to do. make them give up before you do.

if it was me i'd quit the game. no way do i wanna go through lvling my jobs, getting all the gear back, skilling up, etc.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-27 13:03:26
Link | Quote | Reply

O.oa Huh? There's only so much time in a day. So the times I've quit I've had other things that took priority. Things that I've 'had' to do or just found more enjoyable than a video-game. =) Ya know... RL > IG and such.
 Carbuncle.Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-07-27 13:04:31
Link | Quote | Reply

haha totally
 Cerberus.Nieko
Server: Cerberus
user: Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-07-27 13:05:21
Link | Quote | Reply

And this is how he earned the title Trolls Best.....
 Ramuh.Thunderz
Server: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-07-27 13:06:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Darkvision said:
ok there is the SE defending point: sounnds like your friend never specified a date when to get rolled back, and coz thre was no specified date se just chose a date to his origional server. its harsh but thats the truth. unfortunately its in the ToS if you dont specify what date to get rolled back to, SE can automatically roll back to when ever they please. not in those words but thats my understanding of it.

on the "*** you SE WTF and how could you get this soo wrong" point: that sucks, i'd say if he really want to get back to the point of before he got hacked, prob wont happen but i'd be seeking compensation about it, hell report them to trading standards etc. thier customer service as realy poor, prob breaking the standard rules set out to what is and is not acceptable.

if he been rolled back that far, then he should be entitled to all the money back to that date i'd say. keep fight ing it tho. demand to speak to managers, and managers of the managers etc, dont give up thats what they want ya to do. make them give up before you do.

if it was me i'd quit the game. no way do i wanna go through lvling my jobs, getting all the gear back, skilling up, etc.

QFT^
 Seraph.Darkvision
By Seraph.Darkvision 2009-07-27 13:10:28
Link | Quote | Reply

well come to think of it, if they cant roll the account forward, then are thier logs of you loging in all this time gone too?

althogh i doubt it butt just an interesting thought
 Asura.Artemicion
Server: Asura
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-07-27 13:12:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Have your friend find some SE executive of FFXI that's somewhere decent on the corporate food chain and let them know he quit due to their piss poor customer service and that a good chunk of the FFXI community will be (has already) heard about this.

In other words: Give em hell for it. You saw what happened when SE got bad rep via Pandemonium Warden. They fixed that *** FAST.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-27 13:14:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Except he just lost some virtual items / levels... Those people were pushing themselves to their limits and throwing up / passing out from exhaustion. >.>
[+]
 Ramuh.Thunderz
Server: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-07-27 13:16:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
Except he just lost some virtual items / levels... Those people were pushing themselves to their limits and throwing up / passing out from exhaustion. >.>

you clearly dont care about his predicament >.>
 Kujata.Ohcousin
Server: Kujata
user: ohcousin
By Kujata.Ohcousin 2009-07-27 13:17:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh Gameshark, how I miss you. Thank you for your endless times of unlimited ammo in RE2 <3

Back to the topic, I've only dealt with SE's customer service once when I had to undelete my friend's account. It was a rather painless process. However, I have heard many a horror story from people during the LM-17 bannings as well as the account jackings from a year or so ago.

....someone tell this emergency maintenance to hurry the hell up, I gots me some Blau Dolch's to sell~
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-27 13:18:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope, I don't. lol And I sure wouldn't be posting here crying about being hacked or something either. I 'would' however make a post advising the people with tokens that someone got through it to hack me though if it happened.
[+]
 Cerberus.Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-07-27 13:23:04
Link | Quote | Reply

dude.....
shuddap.....
 Carbuncle.Zanno
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-07-27 13:27:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
lots of unusefull stuff

You're HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, if you dont care dont post
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-27 13:29:49
Link | Quote | Reply

O.oa Nuh-uh! You're HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE! So :P!
[+]
 Cerberus.Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-07-27 13:37:30
Link | Quote | Reply

In the OP's opening statement he asked all repliers to not troll about certain things and just post their experiences. So being that most of the obvious trolling topics were negated to start with, u found something else to do by defending the worst customer service system on this planet. Thanks for being so helpful.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-27 13:41:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Nieko said:
In the OP's opening statement he asked all repliers to not troll about certain things and just post their experiences. So being that most of the obvious trolling topics were negated to start with, u found something else to do by defending the worst customer service system on this planet. Thanks for being so helpful.
Says the person that posted useless stuff in the thread. Thanks for being so helpful, Nieko. XD
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-07-27 13:43:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I think...we all should try playing one of Nexon's mmo's...THEY DONT HAVE CUSTOMER SERVICE.
"you are being hacked?" thhpt
"Your account hacked" oh well
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-07-27 13:44:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
Nope, I don't. lol And I sure wouldn't be posting here crying about being hacked or something either. I 'would' however make a post advising the people with tokens that someone got through it to hack me though if it happened.

Ever get hacked?

Ever lose important things that are "just files"?

I'd wager not. I've gotten hacked and stripped of all non r/ex two times and I've lost things that are "just data" that are irreplaceable before. It sucks a lot more than you think. When you lose something you enjoyed creating but hadn't finished yet, there's a very big feeling of anger and hollowness yet.

Obviously, you've been fortunate enough to not lose anything. When you do, try taking that attitude. It's a hell of a lot harder.

Say, try having a hard drive crash while it does a routine backup of a novel and take the backup drive down with it. Then get back to me.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-27 13:47:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Like I've said before, I don't care about the game enough to /rage if something was lost. This one time... I deleted a mule with a ton of gil on it. Ya know what I did? I said "Meh.", then I shrugged and went on with my life.
 Seraph.Morachi
By Seraph.Morachi 2009-07-27 13:52:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I just lost 10 min of my life reading this...and I didnt even finish it.
 Seraph.Darkvision
By Seraph.Darkvision 2009-07-27 13:53:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Sectumsempra said:
Tbest said:

Ever get hacked?

Ever lose important things that are "just files"?

I'd wager not. I've gotten hacked and stripped of all non r/ex two times and I've lost things that are "just data" that are irreplaceable before. It sucks a lot more than you think. When you lose something you enjoyed creating but hadn't finished yet, there's a very big feeling of anger and hollowness yet.

Obviously, you've been fortunate enough to not lose anything. When you do, try taking that attitude. It's a hell of a lot harder.

Say, try having a hard drive crash while it does a routine backup of a novel and take the backup drive down with it. Then get back to me.

totally true Sectumsempra. i have had back ups fail. or forgetting to back up before a format.

Tbest think of it in RL tearm for a moment, like um... getting robbed. you have worked hard to get all the thing that you have then getting robbed when your out, all you sentiment items, expesive goods that have taken you a while to save for all gone in a matter of minutes. that what it prob feels like.

people spen hundreds of hours to get where they are in the game, hours of lvling, hours of farming for the best gear that they can afford then you log on and boom, its stripped all away from you.

all that hard work, effort, fun all gone
[+]
Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2009-07-27 13:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

By carrying on with life meant spending time on forums "you dont even care for" giving a pretty stupid opinion? I think you failed at life if thats the case
[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-27 13:55:04
Link | Quote | Reply

That's why they have insurance. =)

lol... As any regulars here know... I only post on the forums here while soaking up money at work. XD
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-27 13:59:15
Link | Quote | Reply

you can't compare stamp collecting to FFXI. Yes, in both of them, you spend hours collecting rare stuff, the difference is though, one is real and the other is virtual.

Football players don't play football for the "love of the game", its for a chance to play for the NFL on a 6 figure salary(yes, sad but true).

I've never had to call SE's customer service, but just like any other customer service out there, you'll have the good and the bad.

My point is, don't take a hobby seriously. Yes, it's a good way to kill time and have some fun while killing said time, but it's in no way your #1 priority.
 Asura.Celene
user: Celene
By Asura.Celene 2009-07-27 14:23:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I think people are failing to see the connection between 'virtual' hobbies and 'real' hobbies.

What if I were to draw something on an online paint chat, then suddenly some *** decides to clear the whole board and your hard drawing is gone, forever. Oh, but that is okay, it's just 'virtual' and does not matter, right?

What about other digital media? No good either? When my memory card on my camera *** up, I'm screwed. I've lost all the digital images I have captured. That is much different from willingly deleting unwanted images. I have a burnt out pixel on one of my lenses, I get back from a nature shoot and realize, oh hey, there is a BRIGHT red dot on all my pictures in the same spot.

While you cannot escape the fact that this game will end and your character, and hard work will be lost forever, there is a very bold line between leaving and accepting things will be lost, and just having things taken from you prior to your acceptance of the matter.

I think this is truly what the OP's friend was feeling at his time; the willingness of his character being lost. When FFXI dies, there will be a warning, and people will grow and learn that this is the end thus making it become easier and more willingly.

I WILLINGLY deleted my first FFXI character of 3 years. Does it hurt? Eh, not so much, I think about it from time-to-time, but I willingly did it, so it's fine in the end. When I delete Celene, it will be the same. You just move on with life.

The pain and anger one feels at the time of loss, it's only temporary, when it comes to something like this, but still.
[+]