Skcnm20 Solo Can It Be Done?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Skcnm20 solo can it be done?
Skcnm20 solo can it be done?
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-07-16 16:33:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry to derail.

I remember when I was trying to do these right after the update o was having troubles getting the trusts to come in to the bcnm with me. If i summoned them outside they'd despawn upon entering and if I tried to summon them once in the arena it wouldn't allow it. Wasted ~3orbs that way trying to get it to work. X.x

So before I give it a try again, what is the proper way to bring them along.
By Presidentmerman 2014-07-16 16:38:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Summon outside, never had an issue myself.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-07-16 16:41:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I think they just didn't want to be seen fighting with a PUP.

If nothing else I probably messed up somewhere.
 Ramuh.Zeroenna
Server: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Zeroenna 2014-07-16 17:36:38
Link | Quote | Reply

The Kindred one is really hard on BLU, yawn or sheep song would not stick long enough. Tried bringing a BST friend and we just got it handed to us. Kindreds line of sight is way to far to not get agro on master before pets.
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
Server: Carbuncle
user: bukasmith
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2014-07-16 17:51:44
Link | Quote | Reply

i can 2 box difficult as whm and monk or sam. id imagine you can do normal at least solo with whm trusts. a good dt set is a requirement, but if you dont have one yet you should be working on that before even attempting solo battles of any kind lol. should have one for all jobs 50%pdt/50%mdtw/shell.
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2014-07-16 17:57:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Presidentmerman said: »
This actually works? Because I`ve notice since the update that buffs are wearing on entry because the areas are level capped, where as before the update this didn't happen. So trust npc`s dont despawn if called outside?
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-07-16 18:08:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I was soloing leg papers last night and trusts weren't despawning if I called them outside.
By tarupowa 2014-07-16 18:11:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I solo chapters 1-5 on blue mage on normal without much difficulty, i just pop trusts before entering. i only use them for buffs really like the bards and moogle for mp. I just sleep all them and then take the most dangerous down first. not too hard.
By Bariman 2014-07-16 18:14:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Demons aren't really resistant to darkness. They have natural movement speed and magic damage taken- bonuses but no real resistance to darkness. I have had no problems landing Dream flower on Kindred Spirits on normal despite duoing/soloing it many times. Sheep song has bad duration, but I have no idea why yawn wouldn't work as an alternative.

As for MP on BLU, most fights feature a monster you can aspir so MP drainkiss is awesome. Mhammer would be better with magic damage+ gear but it wakes monsters up and has a long recast. I usually kill in order of: What I can't sleep >> Most dangerous >> anything else. Leaving WHMs (benediction) or another mage alive til last to serve as an MP battery.
 Ramuh.Zeroenna
Server: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Zeroenna 2014-07-16 18:17:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Well i will have to try dream flower then. Not sure where i was getting the thought thinking that the dark sleep would resist.
 Leviathan.Krysten
Server: Leviathan
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2014-07-16 18:24:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Soling on PUP is easy and PUP Deal out crazy dmg
By ScaevolaBahamut 2014-07-16 18:56:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Zeroenna said: »
The Kindred one is really hard on BLU, yawn or sheep song would not stick long enough. Tried bringing a BST friend and we just got it handed to us. Kindreds line of sight is way to far to not get agro on master before pets.

Kindred is by far the hardest for most jobs capable of soloing these, not only because sleep's off the table but you have two substantial sources of magic damage and astral flow. IMO the trick is to just plan on dying to AF; kill the two melee, force AF, and kill the last two without trusts. Pull them back not only for safe RR (obviously) but to avoid putting the BLM in melee range; I find keeping ranged attackers at range (thus killing RNG and BLM last, no matter the SKCNM) was the key to doing these consistently without sleep pre-trusts.
By Bariman 2014-07-16 19:15:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sleep shouldn't be off the table unless you are doing D or higher which I would not recommend solo. Depending on MP consumption you can /RUN for diamond dust (SMN always uses Shiva for AF) and you can silence or stun lock the blm with sudden lunge during manafont.
 Carbuncle.Sambb
user: Sambb
By Carbuncle.Sambb 2014-07-17 01:01:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said: »
This actually works? Because I`ve notice since the update that buffs are wearing on entry because the areas are level capped, where as before the update this didn't happen. So trust npc`s dont despawn if called outside?

Im interested on how this works because when I try to summon inside I get the "cant be summoned here ***" msg.

Kindred skcnm ive solod on normal mode using pld/rdm pld/dnc with not too much difficulty just take remedy with you.
By fractalvoid 2014-07-17 01:17:14
Link | Quote | Reply

You need to summon before you enter. I don't know why really because buffs wear upon entry, so I figured NPCs would vanish as well but that isn't the case.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-07-17 07:18:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sambb said: »

Im interested on how this works because when I try to summon inside I get the "cant be summoned here ***" msg.

This is probably because of the enmity mechanics of BCNM's. You can't summon NPC's when you have enmity - and I'm pretty sure that when you enter a BCNM, you automatically have enmity just from being there. As others have said, you have to summon Trusts outside before you go in.
By Pantafernando 2014-07-17 07:32:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Atheryn said: »
Carbuncle.Sambb said: »

This is probably because of the enmity mechanics of BCNM's. You can't summon NPC's when you have enmity - and I'm pretty sure that when you enter a BCNM, you automatically have enmity just from being there. As others have said, you have to summon Trusts outside before you go in.

In every battlefield you need to first aggro the oponent before the fight.

If you consider trusts as players, they need to be called before entering, as the battlefield is an instanced place, and technically none can join that once is started. But you can dc and get back in the same instance.
By Zoltar 2014-07-17 09:02:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone tried to solo SKC10 The Worm's Turn?

Have 119 bst/smn, was thinking with trusts it might not be too bad...
 Asura.Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2014-07-17 10:19:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Zoltar said: »

I havent done it personally but I know a RDM in my ls that solo`s it. RDM/BLM Sleepga all the worms, nuke the main one then -ga > sleepga > -ga the smaller ones.
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
user: bukasmith
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2014-07-17 10:30:40
Link | Quote | Reply

yea idk why people are obsessed with bst and smn solos at this point especially when trusts exist. just go melee with mage/buff trusts or black/red mage/scholar with moogle/buff trusts. or if you can two box you dont even need trusts.
By Ravenn42 2014-07-17 11:07:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Bukadan said: »
yea idk why people are obsessed with bst and smn solos at this point especially when trusts exist. just go melee with mage/buff trusts or black/red mage/scholar with moogle/buff trusts. or if you can two box you dont even need trusts.

Bst have no place in endgame so this OBSESSED thing your talking about hold no value.
All we are trying to do is play the job we love and have spent time and money building.
[+]
By Zoltar 2014-07-17 13:04:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Zoltar said: »

I havent done it personally but I know a RDM in my ls that solo`s it. RDM/BLM Sleepga all the worms, nuke the main one then -ga > sleepga > -ga the smaller ones.

Thanks, I'm gonna give this a whirl on Blm/Rdm and see if I can do it...don't have 99 rdm unfortunately
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-07-17 14:00:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Otherwise BST would probably be a viable option.

I'm not saying that this would guarantee success, but I'd choose a pet that can withstand nukes (Gooey Gerard or perhaps Caring Kiyomaro) and send them into the arena first to grab hate. Then I'd pull the pet back to one side of the arena to a relatively safe position (so that any ~aga spells that land on your pet won't hit you and your trusts at the same time) and use the Stay command. While the mobs are nuking your pet, you and your trusts can focus on killing one mob at a time. Be careful of using Trusts that use AoE moves. Naturally you'll need to keep a close eye on your pet's HP and keep plenty of Dawn Mulsums handy for when your reward timer is down.
 Asura.Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2014-07-20 06:36:44
Link | Quote | Reply

tarupowa said: »
I solo chapters 1-5 on blue mage on normal without much difficulty, i just pop trusts before entering. i only use them for buffs really like the bards and moogle for mp. I just sleep all them and then take the most dangerous down first. not too hard.
Any chance you can post your gear sets? I just tried Demo Squad on Easy setting and got full resist on sleep.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [244 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2015-03-20 20:07:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Josi log in a save me plz..

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2015-03-20 20:14:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Rems for body

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Dreadnot
By Bismarck.Dreadnot 2015-03-20 20:24:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Send me a tell when you go Jos, I'll lend a hand. I haven't seen BB in a long time.
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2015-03-20 20:28:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Thx. Guys. I was raped hard. Summoned pet and trust . Took 1 step got rushed then ate a astral flow. I am pressing charges.