Are You A Lukewarm Christian?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Are You A Lukewarm Christian?
Are You A Lukewarm Christian?
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 19 20 21
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2014-01-31 11:38:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Valefor.Endoq said: »
Point was to share some things to help further that already existing relationship for those that have it. Not meant to start a debate.

From the OP, it seems you look down your nose at fair-weather Christians, those who may practice in the privacy of their own home, or those who pick from the buffet of all religions.

Not your place to judge. Your interpretation of God may be perceived as "lukewarm" by others.

Yes all that is required it to repent and accept Jesus Christ as your only savior and Lord. This post was more to help further that relationship with god and to live our full potential as we try our best to walk in his foot steps, yes it is impossible to reach perfection but that is part of the test to, in life we learn how much we need his guidance and how short we fall compared to him, but we must all try our best no matter how many times we inevitably fail and in all this is learn things like humility and compassion and the realization that no one is in any position to pass judgement and look down onto any other person
[+]
By fonewear 2014-01-31 11:39:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
fonewear said: »
God or Jesus brings out the worst in people.

seems strange doesn't it?

poor guy must be rolling in his grave.

So we turned into Ni again. Where is Flavin ?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-01-31 11:39:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
Do him a favor and PM him to point out hiw absurd his pages are arguing against something so obviously true is making himself look dumb as well as stubborn and petty.
Lol.
I'm sorry, but coming from someone who's making an irrelevant and pointless crusade about terminology...
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-01-31 11:40:09
Link | Quote | Reply

If he existed that is.

Amidoingitright?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-01-31 11:41:00
Link | Quote | Reply

We don't want this to turn into Ni!

People get banned for pointing out that this thread doesn't have a point!
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-01-31 11:41:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
If he existed that is.
They say he had a pretty rad beard.
By fonewear 2014-01-31 11:41:59
Link | Quote | Reply

We don't want this to turn into Ni!

People get banned for pointing out that this thread doesn't have a point!

I'm calling a mod you offended me!
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-01-31 11:42:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I post & it's Ni again? wha?

Amidoingitright?

as usual, I have no idea what you're trying to do.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-01-31 11:42:05
Link | Quote | Reply

It could be worded that way which is synonymous with saying "they believe God is not real."

Really Jassik. Step back. Look at this. You are behaving ridiculously.

To the people +ing Jassik's posts, you are helping him embarass himself. Do him a favor and PM him to point out hiw absurd his pages are arguing against something so obviously true is making himself look dumb as well as stubborn and petty.

It's not synonymous, one is a belief and one isn't. That's the point you have spent the last 3 pages tapdancing around. Try harder to disguise your progression of talking points.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2014-01-31 11:42:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
I believe people become luke-warm because of the "noise" in our society. ADD/Phones/Facebook/Radio etc. Everything is instant gratification. Kids (adults now too) don't even hold conversations at a restaurant. How can they have the patience to sit through an hour of mass? How can you have a conversation, let alone relationship, with Christ?

Even if you don't believe in a judeo-christian God, spirituality is suffering a crisis. Even non religious meditation would be difficult. How can you achieve inner quiet and begin introspection when you can barely be quiet. You know how they say "turning off your phone before bed can help you with sleeplessness"? All that ***goes on subconsciously in the BG. We as a society are becoming awful people. I wouldn't want a relationship with a girl that just buried her nose in her phone everytime i wanted to have a conversation. God is infinitely more patient than I am, but how is he going to nurture a 1-way relationship?

I'm sincerely hopeful for our new pope. I'm hoping his "Franciscan" (back to nature) ways foster an attitude of bettering relationships with each other. I also hope the "can't be even out of my home without full attention on electronics" *** ends (religion or not). When was the last time you talked to a freshly 20-something? They squirm. They can't look you in the eye.

Anyhow, that's my 2 cents on topic since i got mired down in this thread anyhow :x

/cringe

Yeah...Sometimes I wonder if, with a portion of people, their secularism is more a superficially embraced fad (NOT ALL PEOPLE) because they lack the diligence or ambition to at least try to understand religion in its entirety. I think everyone who continuously makes the effort to learn, and doesn't regard their faith, or lack their of, as the eternal *** measuring contest is worth their weight in gold.

Then again, there are legitimate atheists, who sincerely have their internal quibbles from time to time that leads them to their ultimate conclusion, and we can't dismiss their trials. Everyone's path is their own.

Yeah. Just to justify myself to at least you (since we've had so many good discussions in the past), i was raised in an obnoxiously religious environment. My own tepidity (I think) is a symptom of my own depression and the pressure I felt coming from the family. After 16 years of it coming from every direction, and 10 years of being a youth minister, i was hearing things like "seminary" and "role model". When my fiance left me, I actually considered becoming a priest (to be clear, something that's obviously not for me. My main shtick is irreverent humor).

I feel like there's something to be said for "overly pressuring" your kids to a faith. There's a reason private school girls are known for being freaks, or a decent amount of sexual depravity when you've been told "this is how it is" for years.

That being said, I have no good excuse other than my own apathy. I really should just own it and work towards going back but I've been having a crisis of "prove it" tantrums.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2014-01-31 11:42:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Do him a favor and PM him to point out hiw absurd his pages are arguing against something so obviously true is making himself look dumb as well as stubborn and petty.
Lol.
I'm sorry, but coming from someone who's making an irrelevant and pointless crusade about terminology...

I'll take this to the bitter end lol. I got him hooked and he is making himself sound really, really dumb and proving he will argue with me over anything.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-01-31 11:42:54
Link | Quote | Reply

You're wrong Aman. Atheism by term is a lack of belief, not disbelief. Belief is positive-value, non-belief is-neutral value, disbelief is negative-value. Negative-value atheists don't really exist, and for the few that do, they fall prey to the same fallacy of faith(belief) that theists do.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-01-31 11:44:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol.

Speaking of pointless... semantics.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2014-01-31 11:44:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
You're wrong Aman. Atheism by term is a lack of belief, not disbelief. Belief is positive-value, non-belief is-neutral value, disbelief is negative-value. Negative-value atheists don't really exist, and for the few that do, they fall prey to the same fallacy of faith(belief) that theists do.

I thought that was his point.... I must be misunderstanding you because it sounds like you just completely agreed with him.
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2014-01-31 11:44:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Question: if the topic of religion is upsetting to someone then why are they here in the "Politics and Religion" thread?

I didn't even know this thread topic even existed until a few days ago and I have used this site for many years
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2014-01-31 11:45:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
It could be worded that way which is synonymous with saying "they believe God is not real."

To the people +ing Jassik's posts, you are helping him embarass himself. Do him a favor and PM him to point out hiw absurd his pages are arguing against something so obviously true is making himself look dumb as well as stubborn and petty.

It's not synonymous, one is a belief and one isn't. That's the point you have spent the last 3 pages tapdancing around. Try harder to disguise your progression of talking points.

Nah fella. You have come full circle around to agreeing with me. The only choices once you learn of something that can't be proved is either to believe it is real or believe it us not real. Your false third choice us a different scenario and that is remainv ignorant completely if a subject.

Wanna keep going? lol

Edit: thping on phone i dont feel like fixing spelling us=is etc
By fonewear 2014-01-31 11:46:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Question: if the topic of religion is upsetting to someone then why are they here in the "Politics and Religion" thread?

I didn't even know this thread topic even existed until a few days ago and I have used this site for many years

Tired of Ni and RT ?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-01-31 11:47:03
Link | Quote | Reply

if the topic of religion is upsetting to someone then why are they here in the "Politics and Religion" thread?
The only person who got upset in these pages was Ravael. Everyone else has argued or expressed opinions, but no one stormed out of the room crying(yet).
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2014-01-31 11:47:37
Link | Quote | Reply

If you aren't already a believer then this post wasn't meant for you to begin with, just sayin'

I welcome those with genuine interest, but please no more arguing by those who only want to discredit. I want to make this one thing clear, you will not shake my faith.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-01-31 11:47:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ashman said:
I thought that was his point.... I must be misunderstanding you because it sounds like you just completely agreed with him.
Aman is asserting that you are either positive-value or negative-value; that there is no 0, only +1 or -1. I've never personally heard or met someone with negative-value belief.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-01-31 11:47:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »

Nah fella. You have come full circle around to agreeing with me. The only choices once you learn of something that can't be proved is either to believe it is real or believe it us not real. Your false third choice us a different scenario and that is remainv ignorant completely if a subject.

Wanna keep going? lol

I made my point, you're just upping your post count.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2014-01-31 11:48:28
Link | Quote | Reply

if the topic of religion is upsetting to someone then why are they here in the "Politics and Religion" thread?
The only person who got upset in these pages was Ravael. Everyone else has argued or expressed opinions, but no one stormed out of the room crying(yet).
maybe I am just reading the situation wrong, sorry.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-01-31 11:49:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I see the usual suspects have emerged and tried to make this political/age-based/polarizing. Having attended meetings of atheists in NYC, I'll have you know the population of the meetups are mostly comprised of some pretty old jews who are just as fired up and passionate about their metaphysical positions as any 20 year old college upstart. Imagine how humbled you feel when people 3x your age are dropping knowledge clusters about the *** they see religion as perpetuating and you'll feel how I felt.

Like 50-70 year olds. Yeah man, we're gonna tear up the nursing homes with our militancy. Hurl a couple of Wiis then knock over a few gurneys. Then bake cookies.

Many of these members cite being afraid when it comes to speaking out and have admirable passion behind their words when finally given a chance to speak and voice their opinions free of societal scrutiny. Imagine living a whole lifetime lying your way through religious ceremony and you've got many of the attendees down pack.

Plus, retirement is apparently boring as ***.
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2014-01-31 11:49:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Tired of Ni and RT ?
I don't know what "Ni" and "RT" mean...
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-01-31 11:49:38
Link | Quote | Reply

you will not shake my faith.
I don't think anyone cares to. Atheists, usually, don't preach.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2014-01-31 11:49:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I just click ***that pops up on the main page. P&R just tend to be heated enough to keep going without dying out (which, we all know, is where the "fun" is at). That's why politics and religion are known as the "things to never bring up over dinner". It's invariably always going to start a fight. However, the wonderful discussions and debates that creep up on this forum are half the reason I'm still here 6 months after i quit the game the forums were built around.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-01-31 11:51:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I just click ***that pops up on the main page. P&R just tend to be heated enough to keep going without dying out (which, we all know, is where the "fun" is at). That's why politics and religion are known as the "things to never bring up over dinner". It's invariably always going to start a fight. However, the wonderful discussions and debates that creep up on this forum are half the reason I'm still here 6 months after i quit the game the forums were built around.

The off topic nature keeps things going where as it would have died out by page three or four.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-01-31 11:52:34
Link | Quote | Reply

That's why politics and religion are known as the "things to never bring up over dinner". It's invariably always going to start a fight
I banned these subjects altogether on my forum :| some things you can't even be bothered to moderate.
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2014-01-31 11:52:44
Link | Quote | Reply

The off topic nature keeps things going where as it would have died out by page three or four.
yep
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 19 20 21