Azure Ailments (SL Assault)?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Salvage/Assault » Azure Ailments (SL Assault)?
Azure Ailments (SL Assault)?
By Deckardmagnus 2014-01-25 11:30:11
Link | Quote | Reply

So, I'm basically just my FL Assaults away from Captain, and I'm finding myself cockblocked by Azure Ailments.

The crux of this assault is to get afflicted by 5 different status ailments from the mobs in the zone. It seems not too bad, but at 99, many ailments simply get straight up resisted.

I know there are various strategies for this assault - using a PLD as a supertank and hoping for the best, or letting a party member get charmed by the poroggos and using a BLU to inflict some of the afflictions, but I'm wondering if anyone has first-hand experience low-manning this assault at 99 that has given them any wisdom they could pass along?

Or, as I'm beginning to suspect, is the best idea simply to do this under a level cap now?
 Sylph.Rafaras
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Enitsu
By Sylph.Rafaras 2014-01-25 11:49:36
Link | Quote | Reply

What you can do is remove all your 119 gear and whatever vomit-item you have on.

Try that.
By Deckardmagnus 2014-01-25 11:53:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Tried that before anything else, and still resisting too often to get hit with 5 ailments in 30 minutes. To be sure, luck is a factor (the mobs don't seem to use the relevant TP moves often).
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-01-25 12:01:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bio might be your best bet, try to focus on the frogs.
 Leviathan.Skinnymcgee
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Skinnymcgee 2014-01-25 12:03:45
Link | Quote | Reply

do it @ 70 cap, we just did it last week with 3 people @ 70 cap, got ailments no prob(except for the "luck" of which tp moves they do). Just be careful with those pulls! A mamool pull can really slow you down.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-01-25 13:55:33
Link | Quote | Reply

managed it with no cap with 3 ppl fighting separate mobs plus healer. Rly sux cause u can be waiting forever on a tp move. Using very low lvl weapons help to. Fight a mob longer and give them more tp without worry of killing them
 Asura.Echandra
Server: Asura
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2014-01-25 14:50:46
Link | Quote | Reply

as was mentioned, don't use real gear, and if you're using a pld, don't use a shield. Just wear down the mobs so they're at 20% spam bio/dia to give them TP and hope for the best.
[+]
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-01-25 15:23:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Make sure you have someone go off and get frogs asap since its the only one you don't need tp feed for and you are at the whim of its random spell AI.
I've had them do nothing but try and high tier nuke me or spam shock/rasp/etc to finally have it bio after 15 minutes.