First Page 2 3 ... 147 148 149 ... 181 182 183
 Asura.Cambion
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2019-01-11 20:52:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Zyla said: »
Hello again, it's ffxi's resident GS idiot lol.
Was having a problem with my cor lua where the gun cycling keybind doesn't seem to work. I can't particularly see anything wrong with the code and the lua loads fine.

https://pastebin.com/tNgJkDWx

The rules for the gun cycling start at line 839 and end at line 845 as far as I can tell. And there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the keybind itself at the top of the lua. Any ideas as to what the issue is or how to fix it?

Hopefully someone smarter than me will help, but is your issue all the time, or only when engaged?
By Zyla 2019-01-12 07:15:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I've not tried it whilst engaged actually. I figured with the weapon cycle it would have a message in the log like it would any other mode activation in the lua does, then switch to that mode changing the gear accordingly. There is no message denoting that it's switched weapon modes, nor does the weapon change when I hit the keybind.

One thing I did notice is at the top of the lua it states that the command to cycle weapons is CNTL+g in green text (I know that the green text portion at the top doesn't actually affect the keybind or how the code works, but is more like a guide of functions and how to use the lua in game.). Instead the actual keybind is different, being tied to WIN+g.

In the User setup function area of the lua where all my keybinds are is this:

state.Gun = M{['description']='Current Gun', 'Fomalhaut', 'Anarchy +2'}

And then below further dow in that section is the actual keybind and unbind codes:

send_command('bind @g gs c cycle Gun')
send_command('unbind @g')

Other than those the only other code in the lua that I've found pertaining to the gun cycling is in the section labeled:

User code that supplements standard library decisions.

Which is the following code that starts at line 839:

function customize_idle_set(idleSet)
if state.Gun.current == 'Fomalhaut' then
equip({ranged="Fomalhaut"})
elseif state.Gun.current == 'Anarchy +2' then
equip({ranged="Anarchy +2"})
end
end

Again, I'm not super proficient in the modification of luas, but I can add in keybinds here and there and add in a few extra gear sets to different modes, but when it gets to the tecnical rules on how the code functions I'm generally lost as I'm not a programmer and haven't been trained in how the coding rules work. Again, any help is appriciated.
By Zyla 2019-01-13 07:25:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bump, as I'm still in need of assistance.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
Server: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2019-01-13 09:22:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Im still not 100% sure what you are actually trying to do, but is the cycle bind working at all?
By Zyla 2019-01-13 09:35:02
Link | Quote | Reply

No the cycle bind isn't working at all, which is the problem. All of the code I see pertaining to it looks fine (but again I'm no expert on lua code) and the lua loads, but the keybind will not cycle between the 2 guns I have.
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2019-01-14 02:23:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Cambion said: »
Hello again, it's ffxi's resident GS idiot lol.
Was having a problem with my cor lua where the gun cycling keybind doesn't seem to work. I can't particularly see anything wrong with the code and the lua loads fine.

The rules for the gun cycling start at line 839 and end at line 845 as far as I can tell. And there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the keybind itself at the top of the lua. Any ideas as to what the issue is or how to fix it?

Hopefully someone smarter than me will help, but is your issue all the time, or only when engaged?

The reason it is not cycling gun modes is due to the keys it is bound to, this is why I don't like that Arislan sets a metric *** of keybinds, because they aren't all going to work for everybody out of the gate. There can be many reasons for this, such as your keyboard layout, what else you have running in windows, if you use programs like Razer Synapse, etc etc.

If you change the bind from @g to f12 for instance, it will work as it should, but there is also a problem with the section you mentioned.

The issue is the way it is worded in customize_idle_set for one, and that may not be the only issue. For starters, in customize_idle_set you use "idleSet = set_combine(idleSet, {})" Otherwise telling it to equip will not persist after the first call, you must tell it to define your idleset to combine while that state is active.

This is not a problem in this specific case if you remove main and sub from weaponskill sets, precast sets and midcast sets and only have them to be referenced in sections that swap your weapons, but this can get messy if you use exports and/or are forgetful.

Example:
Code
function customize_melee_set(meleeSet)

if (buffactive['Embrava'] or buffactive['March'] or buffactive[580] or buffactive['Mighty Guard']) then
        meleeSet = set_combine(meleeSet, sets.engaged.HasteCap)
    end

if player.equipment.main == 'Sequence' then
		meleeSet = set_combine(meleeSet, sets.engaged.Savage_TP_Cape)
	end

return meleeSet

end

You'll need to do the same in your meleeSet under customize_melee_set following the same process using meleeSet instead of idleSet, however this still will not cause it to lock for weapon skills, meaning you would have to cut all the weapons and subs out of your WS sets or risk losing TP, OR you can do:
Code
state.WeaponLockMode = M('Unlocked','Locked')
send_command('bind f8 gs c set WeaponLockMode Unlocked;wait 0.2;input //gs equip sets.default_melee_weapons;wait 0.2;gs c set WeaponLockMode Locked')

This would be for whatever set you use the most, and you would need to make a "sets.default_melee_weapons" for it to find, but similarly you can make a sets.Fomalhaut and a sets.Anarchy2 for it to equip using the same method, then you can set it to when you swap gun modes, that it also sets WeaponLockMode to locked.

Your other option would be to set_combine your gun modes into all of your relevant swaps, such as precast(all) midcast(all) in addition to meleeSet and idleSet, but this is actually a little harder than it sounds, personally I think it would be easiest to make a section like what I have above where it just temporarily unlocks the slot just long enough to swap the weapon, and then relock it.

I've also noticed greater compatibiliy using state.StateName.value rather than state.StateName.current during equivalency checks.

Secondly, You may also notice that you have two different sections of customize_idle_set in functions (839; 848), this alone can cause massive issues, at the very least you'll want to clean up these issues, and combine those two functions in to one function.
By Zyla 2019-01-14 07:59:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow that all sounds very complicated >< (as I've said I'm not super knowledgeable on programming code and rules, or even how their interaction logic works). I actually like Arislan's GS for all the little mode/function keybinds that are in place, but things can definitely get confusing for someone like me with limited experience/knowledge.

I'll make a backup and see if I can get some of what you suggested to work, but chances are I'll probably breaking it even worse. Should that happen I may try to download their updated lua, and just paste the things in it I want to carry over and see if it works. Thanks for the info Byrne, an explanation as to the why it isn't working and a potential fix is appreciated, even if I may not be proficient enough with lua scripting to enact the fix.
 Cerberus.Auspice
Server: Cerberus
user: Auspice
By Cerberus.Auspice 2019-01-14 13:11:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm having some issues getting duplicate rings to equip in each finger. The GS in question is based on Kinematics files. I've attempted the following:

1) Putting the fingers at the top and bottom lines of the set.
2) hard coding the wardrobe location to each ring in their set.
Code
    sets.midcast.Pet.PhysicalBloodPactRage = {
		left_ring={"Varar Ring", bag="wardrobe3"},
	        main="Nirvana",
		sub="Elan Strap",
		ammo="Sancus Sachet +1",
		head="Convoker's Horn +2",
		body="Con. Doublet +2",
		hands=MerlinicHands.Phys,
		legs="Enticer's Pants",
		feet="Convo. Pigaches +2",
		neck="Shulmanu Collar",
		waist="Incarnation Sash",
		left_ear="Gelos Earring",
		right_ear="Esper Earring",
		back=Campestres.TP,
		right_ring={"Varar Ring", bag="wardrobe4"},
	}

3) Adding a redundant precast set in the hopes that between the precast and midcast sets, both rings will get equipped.
Code
    sets.precast.BloodPactRage = {
		left_ring={"Varar Ring", bag="wardrobe3"},
		right_ring={"Varar Ring", bag="wardrobe4"},
	}

4) I've put "equip({left_ring=empty})" lines in the functions that call the sets which DOES unequip the slots properly.
Code
function job_get_spell_map(spell)
    if spell.type == 'BloodPactRage' then
		if enticersRagePacts:contains(spell.english) and spell.english ~= 'Impact' and pet_tp > 1400 then
			equip({left_ring=empty})
			equip({right_ring=empty})
			return 'MagicalBloodPactRage'
		elseif enticersRagePacts:contains(spell.english) then
			equip({left_ring=empty})
			return 'TPMagicalBloodPactRage'
		elseif hybridPacts:contains(spell.english) then
			equip({left_ring=empty})
			return 'HybridBloodPactRage'
		elseif magicalRagePacts:contains(spell.english) then
			equip({left_ring=empty})
			return 'MagicalBloodPactRage'
		else
			equip({left_ring=empty})
			return 'PhysicalBloodPactRage'
		end
		elseif spell.type == 'BloodPactWard' and spell.target.type == 'MONSTER' then
			return 'DebuffBloodPactWard'
		elseif spell.type=='BloodPactWard' and enticersWardPacts:contains(spell.english) then
			return 'TPBloodPactWard'
    end
end

Debug mode consistently gives me a "gear not equipped" with a table error followed by an 8 digit memory location. I'm having no other issues with any other portions of the sets or things not equipping correctly or in the right sequence; it is exclusively the rings.

No single solution or combination seems to yield anything fruitful.

Any ideas?
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2019-01-14 13:32:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow that all sounds very complicated >< (as I've said I'm not super knowledgeable on programming code and rules, or even how their interaction logic works). I actually like Arislan's GS for all the little mode/function keybinds that are in place, but things can definitely get confusing for someone like me with limited experience/knowledge.

I'll make a backup and see if I can get some of what you suggested to work, but chances are I'll probably breaking it even worse. Should that happen I may try to download their updated lua, and just paste the things in it I want to carry over and see if it works. Thanks for the info Byrne, an explanation as to the why it isn't working and a potential fix is appreciated, even if I may not be proficient enough with lua scripting to enact the fix.

Dont get me wrong, his keybinds arent a bad idea, It's just a bit excessive from a compatibility point of view. That, and I feel sometimes the functions of the toggles would be better left automated if you can figure the logic of how to do so.

As for your lua, I can send a copy with some of those edits myself if you like, and you may be able to try running windower/FFXI in admin mode and see if it will let you use those keybinds (it may fix the issue of not recognizing certain key press combos). That is, if you'd prefer to keep the key binds the way they are. Otherwise I could remap those too, not a huge deal tbh.
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2019-01-14 13:45:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Auspice said: »
I'm having some issues getting duplicate rings to equip in each finger. The GS in question is based on Kinematics files. I've attempted the following:

1) Putting the fingers at the top and bottom lines of the set.
2) hard coding the wardrobe location to each ring in their set.

4) I've put "equip({left_ring=empty})" lines in the functions that call the sets which DOES unequip the slots properly.

Debug mode consistently gives me a "gear not equipped" with a table error followed by an 8 digit memory location. I'm having no other issues with any other portions of the sets or things not equipping correctly or in the right sequence; it is exclusively the rings.

No single solution or combination seems to yield anything fruitful.

Any ideas?

There are two possibilities that come to mind, You can set priority using gearswap to handle what order slots are equipped in.

Ex:
Code

sets.midcast.Pet.PhysicalBloodPactRage = {
    left_ring={name="Varar Ring",priority=2},
    right_ring={name="Varar Ring",priority=1},
    main="Nirvana",
    sub="Elan Strap",
    ammo="Sancus Sachet +1",
    head="Convoker's Horn +2",
    body="Con. Doublet +2",
    hands=MerlinicHands.Phys,
    legs="Enticer's Pants",
    feet="Convo. Pigaches +2",
    neck="Shulmanu Collar",
    waist="Incarnation Sash",
    left_ear="Gelos Earring",
    right_ear="Esper Earring",
    back=Campestres.TP,
}

The other possibility is to make sure you unequip both Varar Rings at some point in idle/postcast. The reason for this is that the ring that Gearswap is trying to equip could be the one that is already still equipped if you leave one equipped. Many people encounter this problem on rings and earrings because they have the same earring on left or right slots for instance.

Example: Player A has Brutal Earring in their WS slot on Ear1, and in their TP set on Ear2, and they can't get it to equip for WS.

The easiest way to solve that potential problem is just have DT or refresh rings in idle just to make sure GearSwap isn't derping and trying to equip the exact same ring to both slots.

Also I'd reccomend using //gs export to update gearsets (if you don't already) It's the easiest way to avoid any clerical errors.
[+]
 Cerberus.Auspice
By Cerberus.Auspice 2019-01-14 14:16:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Priority didn't seem to change anything.

The only time Varar rings are listed in my GS are in BP midcast, and in my engaged avatar set.

Manually calling the sets in game have no issues equipping everything; it is exclusively when triggering upon BPs where it's attempting to equip both where it fails.

The Debug log hits precast,midcast, and aftercast fine; the hangup occurs on pet_midcast which makes sense given that's the location of the rings in the set.

While watching my equip screen along with the logs: it unequips both rings perfectly, equips my Evoker's ring upon hitting aftercast(in my idle.avatar set), then leaves the other slot empty during pet_midcast where it errors. Both "sets.midcast.Pet.PhysicalBloodPactRage" and "sets.midcast.Pet.MagicalBloodPactRage" are erroring in the same way with the rings despite neither of them being equipped going into that line. :/

EDIT: After all the permutations of of this; I started going back and enabling changes one at a time to see what would work and I (maybe) found a solution in keeping the unequips in the function and returning the sets to their most basic form of left_ring and ring_ring with no locations or priorities and it's worked 5 times with both physical and magical pacts. /shrug Who knows lol
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2019-01-14 16:06:43
Link | Quote | Reply

You wouldn't mind posting a pastebin link to your job file, would you?
 Cerberus.Auspice
By Cerberus.Auspice 2019-01-14 16:18:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Byrne said: »
You wouldn't mind posting a pastebin link to your job file, would you?

https://pastebin.com/JKuiiDZc

In a caps party and it's back to not equipping both. I guess my Ronfaure testing was insufficient lol
By Zyla 2019-01-14 16:55:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Byrne said: »

Dont get me wrong, his keybinds arent a bad idea, It's just a bit excessive from a compatibility point of view. That, and I feel sometimes the functions of the toggles would be better left automated if you can figure the logic of how to do so.

As for your lua, I can send a copy with some of those edits myself if you like, and you may be able to try running windower/FFXI in admin mode and see if it will let you use those keybinds (it may fix the issue of not recognizing certain key press combos). That is, if you'd prefer to keep the key binds the way they are. Otherwise I could remap those too, not a huge deal tbh.
If it's no trouble to you then sure, I'd much appreciate it, my thanks.

Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-01-14 17:08:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a way to get gearswap to stop changing gear when you use items?
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2019-01-14 17:47:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I know there is for Motes, though it may be there in general. In motes it's in Mote-Include listed as
Code
	elseif spell.action_type == 'Item' then
		equipSet = sets.precast.Item
	end

Now, you can overwrite that in your job file under precast functions and just make it to if engaged then then equipSet = meleeSet and if not engaged make it equipSet = idleSet
Code
function job_precast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
      if spell.action_type == 'Item' and status == 'Engaged' then
	  equipSet = meleeSet
      elseif spell.action_type == 'Item' and status ~= 'Engaged' then
          equipSet = idleSet
	end
end

There are other ways of doing it, but this is easy.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-01-14 17:52:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Mine doesn't have that just
Code
    elseif spell.action_type == 'Item' then
        cat = 'Item'
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2019-01-14 17:53:12
Link | Quote | Reply

That's what your Mote's have in Mote-Include? (Line 640)

Also I edited my previous comment to include an example
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-01-14 17:57:39
Link | Quote | Reply

There is nothing in my entire windower folder that does "sets.precast.Item"

The include file on github doesn't have it either; https://github.com/Kinematics/Mote-libs/blob/master/Mote-Include.lua

My issue is apparently an aftercast issue. I don't put on gear to use items, but after item is "cast" return to idle.
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2019-01-14 19:14:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, what would you like it to do instead? which gear ought it to be using?

I'll also put a link in here to my GitHub with all my Motes, I'm not sure why but it seems like some people have old ones and some people have new ones... you would think updates to windower would solve this, but apparently not. I'm guessing rather than Syncing info for certain directories they just update the specific files that need changing for each update. A shame really.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-01-14 19:21:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I just want it to stop taking my warp ring off when I use an item... without having to lock my ring
... because i will forget to unlock it and then be fulltiming it

What do I remove to make it stop going to idle after an item.

example; I go to escha-ruann to get double food bonus, with my warp ring on, eat my food... it removes my ring. mildly irritating.
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2019-01-14 19:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

So what I do for that is put this in job setup
Code
	state.ZoneRing = M('None','Warp', 'Holla', 'Dem', 'Mea')

send_command('bind f5 gs c cycle ZoneRing')

then later
Code
function customize_idle_set(idleSet)

if player.mpp < 51 then
        set_combine(idleSet, sets.latent_refresh)
    end

if state.ZoneRing.value == 'Warp' then
		idleSet = set_combine(idleSet, {right_ring="Warp Ring"})
	elseif state.ZoneRing.value == 'Holla' then
		idleSet = set_combine(idleSet, {right_ring="Dimensional ring (Holla)"})
	elseif state.ZoneRing.value == 'Dem' then
		idleSet = set_combine(idleSet, {right_ring="Dimensional ring (Dem)"})
	elseif state.ZoneRing.value == 'Mea' then
		idleSet = set_combine(idleSet, {right_ring="Dimensional ring (Mea)"})	
		return idleSet
	end

return idleSet

end

and finally this somewhere in your functions
Code
windower.register_event('zone change', function()

send_command('gs c set ZoneRing None')

end)
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-01-14 19:32:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ill forget that toggle, it's the same as disabling the ring slot. can't I just remove something to make it stop counting items as a spell?

or stop changing state due to item use?
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2019-01-14 20:00:19
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not the same as a toggle, it swaps it back to normal mode upon zoning, there's no reason to idle in your zone ring if you aren't going to use it anyway.

Like I press F5. Then use my ring, don't have to swap it back.

The side benefit to this is if you use something like this to auto-equip movement speed gear so you don't have to fulltime that in idle either, and the updates it causes to your idleSet ALSO won't overwrite the combine with your zone ring.
Code
	playermoving  = M(false, "moving")

mov = {counter=0}
if player and player.index and windower.ffxi.get_mob_by_index(player.index) then
    mov.x = windower.ffxi.get_mob_by_index(player.index).x
    mov.y = windower.ffxi.get_mob_by_index(player.index).y
    mov.z = windower.ffxi.get_mob_by_index(player.index).z
end

moving = false
windower.raw_register_event('prerender',function()
    mov.counter = mov.counter + 1;
    if mov.counter>15 then
        local pl = windower.ffxi.get_mob_by_index(player.index)
        if pl and pl.x and mov.x then
            dist = math.sqrt( (pl.x-mov.x)^2 + (pl.y-mov.y)^2 + (pl.z-mov.z)^2 )
            if dist > 1 and not moving then
                playermoving.value = true
                send_command('gs c update')
				if world.area:contains("Adoulin") then
                send_command('gs equip sets.Adoulin')
				else
                send_command('gs equip sets.MoveSpeed')
                end

moving = true

elseif dist < 1 and moving then
                playermoving.value = false
                moving = false
            end
        end
        if pl and pl.x then
            mov.x = pl.x
            mov.y = pl.y
            mov.z = pl.z
        end
        mov.counter = 0
    end
end)

Besides, it's also a simple matter to also add it to your engaged under customize_melee_sets using meleeSet vice idleSet, which is arguably more niche, but even still it's nice to be able to pull out your weapons against a trash mob when you have the zone ring equipped and not have to re-equip it afterward, and the thing turns itself off once you zone if you include all the code I posted.

At any rate if your fear is putting the ring on with the macro, or the key or w/e and having to remember to take that mode back off, you don't have to do any of that. Alternatively you could also make the mode controlled by
Code
if player.equipment.right_ring == 'Warp Ring' then
         send_command('input gs c set ZoneRing Warp')
      end

and put it inside your job_precast, just in case you cant be *** with the idea of using a keybind or a macro, you'd just need to make sure this is also somewhere in your functions as I mentioned earlier...
Code
windower.register_event('zone change', function()
	send_command('gs c set ZoneRing None')
end)

omitting this bit will cause it to fail to swap back.
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2019-01-14 20:29:30
Link | Quote | Reply

It should also be possible to do

Code

function job_precast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
    if spell.action_type == 'Item' then
        eventArgs.handled = false
    end	
end

but it probably wont actually do much unless you also have
Code

function job_aftercast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
    if spell.action_type == 'Item' then
        eventArgs.handled = false
    end	
end

That's because once you've completed any action, Gear Swap will check to see what set you ought to be in, and will return your idleSet. Thing is, I'm not entirely sure even that would fix it. You see, the thing is, in my case, simply using an item won't cause me to swap gear. In the specific example you gave your buff list also changed, and that could be part of the issue here, depending on what you have in buff_gain sections. Personally I would say it's smart to have
Code
function job_buff_change(buff, gain)
	if (buff and gain) or (buff and not gain) then
	end
end

Or something similar, just to make sure your lua is always checking to make sure that conditional sets are being handled properly, the achillies heel to that is the fact that any time a buff changes, it will check what set you should be in, then kick you to idleSet. If you want your idle set to put on more DT gear to compensate for when you don't have shell etc etc, this kind of feature is absolutely critical, and it's why I chose to solve the problem the way I did. This actually means my above argument about combining idleSet using a mode bound to a macro or an F-key is actually the most elegant solution for zone rings without giving up potentially useful functionality.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Gorns
Server: Valefor
user: Gorns
By Valefor.Gorns 2019-01-15 03:29:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Ill forget that toggle, it's the same as disabling the ring slot. can't I just remove something to make it stop counting items as a spell?

or stop changing state due to item use?

Code
send_command('bind @numpad7 input //gs disable ring1; input /equip ring1 "Warp Ring"; wait 11; input /item "Warp Ring" <me>; wait 2; 
input //gs enable ring1')

I have similar line added to my Global_binds.lua
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2019-01-15 06:32:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Zigzagzig said: »
can this be converted to target moving please ?

It probably could be, but may I ask what the point would be? What's the intent?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Kigensuro
Server: Carbuncle
user: dlsmd
By Carbuncle.Kigensuro 2019-01-15 08:03:47
Link | Quote | Reply

it can be done however it would be inaccurate and vary hard to do
1. you would have to calculate the targets exact location using there x,y and z coordinates
2. you would have to monitor to see if it move and by how much
3. you could then check to see if the target has moved more then the desired amount

but it might be easier to just make sure that you are looking at your target before you use your WS

if you are botting sorry gearswap has no way to move your char on its own or at lest i have not found a way
First Page 2 3 ... 147 148 149 ... 181 182 183