Gearswap Support Thread
First Page 2 3 ... 129 130
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-02-13 01:45:22
Link | Quote | Reply

In some of my Luas I make use of the disable/enable commands to avoid swapping my mainhand/offhand when I'm engaged.
It works perfectly but under some circumstances I remain with my MH/OH "disabled".
The "disable" part happens in the function status_change(new,old), with a simple "if new == 'Engaged' then", works flawlessly.
The "enable" part happens in the same function, in a consequent "else" within the if described above, and this is where things work a bit less flawlessly.

For instance if I die while engaged there won't be a "disengage" status_change, so I will remain locked.
Likewise sometimes if the monster I'm engaged gets... I dunno, killed too quickly in a laggy zone? Packetloss? Whatever, I don't know what happens and it's very rare, but sometimes when ***dies too fast it's like the game doesn't "see" I've been disengaged for whatever reason and hence the "enable" part of my status_change function doesn't get processed.

Can anybody think of a very simple and straightforward way to avoid this? Or do I just have to eat it because the cause is a packet-loss and nothing we can do about it?
 Ragnarok.Lockfort
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Lockfort 2018-02-13 16:18:36
Link | Quote | Reply

quickest workaround is you make a macro '/con gs enable all' if the issue is due to latency/zone lag or whatever.

Or just try to work that command into your lua file
First Page 2 3 ... 129 130