Ark Angels II / Divine Might II (Discussion)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Sky » Ark Angels II / Divine Might II (Discussion)
Ark Angels II / Divine Might II (Discussion)
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 21 22 23
 Asura.Kormak
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: kormak
By Asura.Kormak 2013-12-28 07:38:55
Link | Quote | Reply

With a few people saying you can use RNG, I was wondering what sort of sets you need.

On Difficult Mithra with 424 skill + Sushi + 2x R.acc Song + Hunters roll using this set my acc was poor at best somewhere ~40-50%.
*edit(/NIN)

ItemSet 317564

From all the talk on here I would think there is enough r.acc in this set. I am working on relic but I thought the 215 skill + the acc on the weapons while <100TP would be enough.

Any real reason I should have been missing? Tried bow and C.bow as well. (always @ Strikes true)

Any improvements other than "Relic or GTFO?"
Thanks in advance
 Asura.Ccl
Server: Asura
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2013-12-28 08:33:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ej necklace, 2racc dagger, jaeger mantle there is prolly more/better thing I'm not up to date on current gear.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-12-28 08:48:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kormak said: »
With a few people saying you can use RNG, I was wondering what sort of sets you need.

On Difficult Mithra with 424 skill + Sushi + 2x R.acc Song + Hunters roll using this set my acc was poor at best somewhere ~40-50%.
*edit(/NIN)

ItemSet 317564

From all the talk on here I would think there is enough r.acc in this set. I am working on relic but I thought the 215 skill + the acc on the weapons while <100TP would be enough.

Any real reason I should have been missing? Tried bow and C.bow as well. (always @ Strikes true)

Any improvements other than "Relic or GTFO?"
Thanks in advance

Better buffs? Get 2 BRD rotate SV prelude? Use GEO?
 Shiva.Kollosis
Server: Shiva
user: Kollosis
By Shiva.Kollosis 2013-12-28 14:50:43
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a point in time when the Mithra gains crazy eva, usually around that 40-50%. It seems to die down a bit when it's almost dead though, at least in my experience. During that time having all your racc buffs is extremely crucial, but even so you'll experience a less than stellar hit rate. Just ride it out and all will be well.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-12-28 15:16:48
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 317041

don't have an acc parse, but i use this set on both of my rngs and generally very difficult mithra dies at 15-16 minute mark with no use of 1hs(minuetx2, preludex2, chaos, hunters, sushi), you can do fine without soul voice if you max out your gear

keep in mind that eminent is 27 skill and 25 r.acc below either of the relics, which is pretty significant
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
Server: Carbuncle
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2013-12-29 20:51:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Divine Might II cleared on Very Difficult

you get 8 of a random Rem's Tale at the end, and 4 personal boxes/pouches
every kill is a guaranteed gear/earring drop
Title given is Pentarch Pacifier

#paulwalker
[+]
By Bleusummers 2013-12-29 20:55:41
Link | Quote | Reply

If you need help on Strategy please send a PM to Xenhas or Myself!

Happy Hunting!
By pchan 2013-12-30 03:43:35
Link | Quote | Reply

It's too bad that the earrings suck. Except pup and smn ammo, and the gimp earrings, are there specific drops ? This is a list I got from FFXIdb (* is those that I didn't see personnally or in a SS)

AA TT = theurgist's slacks, fravashi(*), scamps(*), anahera scythe, venabulum(*)
AA EV = osmium cuisses, patricius ring, anahera sword, dynasty mitts, cagliostro rod
AA GK = agitator's collar, tunglmyrkvi, daihanshi habaki(*), lurid mitts, anahera blade
AA MR = felistris mask, sekhmet corset, raimitsukane, regimen mittens , anahera tabar
AA HM = lithelimb cap, manabyss, bloodrain strap, castigation, divinator(*), anahera saber,lentus grip,kyujutsugi(*)

Intersted in the potential kick shoes from GK.

Also I'm getting tired of the wait timer as la'loff only allows 3 parties and plenty of people go in to duo or solo. Unless you play mostly on EU time it's going to suck to even make decent moneys. During JP there are 70 people in zone and they get out at 2 AM JP time.
 Carbuncle.Legato
By Carbuncle.Legato 2013-12-30 04:25:08
Link | Quote | Reply

ugh yes Mr. Pchan, from what we saw on Very Hard when we cleared now (twice) each mob will drop 1 High Quality Armor/Weapon or Earring or 1 High Quality Armor/Weapon AND Earring.

We speculate possibly TH effects whether you get 2 drops in terms of Armor/weapon & Earring.

on Mithra like we forgot to Bounty shot alot and TH was probably @ 3 or 0 and she only dropped a Divinator (PUP 119 Ammo)

but on Galka we remembered to take it up (got it to TH 7) and he dropped Kyujutsugi & Tripudio Earring...

and we have the same issue on our server during JP time mon/fri and especially weekends 60-102 people in zone and sometimes its a BLU/NIN or RDM/NIN solo'n so they will use their whole 30mins.

hope this information helped! ^_^
 Remora.Brain
Server: Remora
user: Arucaurd
By Remora.Brain 2013-12-30 04:40:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Pchan you'd probably get less hate if you didn't exaggerate everything or ignore/depreciate anything that didn't benefit your creepy MNK fetish.

The earrings are pretty decent. STP earring for sure, the nuking Earring looks like it usurps Novio, and the DA/Enmity earring has some use. Just because a piece isn't the best in every situation doesn't mean it sucks.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-12-30 05:35:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice job
[+]
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-12-30 05:51:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Pchan you'd probably get less hate if you didn't exaggerate everything or ignore/depreciate anything that didn't benefit your creepy MNK fetish.

I'm convinced he does it to troll everyone. He knows too much to not realize how dumb he can sound sometimes.
By Wordspoken 2013-12-30 13:30:50
Link | Quote | Reply

How does SMN fare here? Seeing as ranged dmg seems useful here, SMN should have a role to play doesn't it?
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-12-30 13:35:14
Link | Quote | Reply

smn does a significant amount less damage than rng, it's not a suitable substitute for very difficults

if you use melee based setups, earthen armor can be useful for galka and mithra.. don't think i'd really recommend smn for any other or dm though
By pchan 2013-12-30 13:49:49
Link | Quote | Reply

EA will only work for galka and its one hit WS...
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-12-30 13:52:03
Link | Quote | Reply

diamond storm for mithra and earthen armor for cloudsplitter, which is a threat if you play ***races/dds

(you're trying way too hard btw, it's not like i even use it myself, just telling the dude what it can be used for)
By Bleusummers 2013-12-30 14:07:48
Link | Quote | Reply

SMN does great everyone, we had a SMN named Papesse (Nirvana and everything else a SMN could dream of lol) very great player and she did roughly 89k in total while the top 3 DDs did 220 200 189
she had of course no buffs whatsoever and she helped maintain EA with Sz during Elvaan (we didn't use EA for Galka Mr. P chan. . .? why would we?) Comeatmebro and wordspoken SMN is very useful DMG and Support and Debuff wise i would say she was a critical part to us winning.

hope the info helps! SMNs are very very Useful for Divine Might Very Difficult! PM Xenhas or Myself if u need more info!
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-12-30 14:12:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Winning once with a SMN does not make SMN a good use of a party slot. You said yourself that it did less than half of any of the top 3 DDs. Earthen armor is pointless for elvaan, unless your PLD is complete trash.

Don't confuse winning it with having some unique understanding of mechanics, anyone with a handful of relic RNGs or geared NINs can do it easily.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Legato
By Carbuncle.Legato 2013-12-30 14:18:52
Link | Quote | Reply

wait wait i wasn't trying to be disrespectful to you i apologize if you feel offended by me saying it was a good job, im not trying to be a know it all.

the SMN worked very well for us.. i am just trying to give players the notion that it can fill a role in the alliance if needed.

i'm sorry you felt otherwise, im only posting to try and help others with info not for any other purpose.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-12-30 14:22:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just saying that one experience does not alter the underlying mechanics of the game. If you use a RNG setup, earthen armor is pointless(only move that will trigger on pld is arrogance incarnate, as you said, but it's not even close to a one shot with scherzo alone).

SMN can contribute if present, but the reason to bring it is because you like the job.. it's never the best choice.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-12-30 14:24:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the main thing that SMN has going for it is that it can contribute from the "third party" similar to GEO, without much maintenance and can be quickly swapped in and out for Earthen Armor since it has nice duration going for it.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-12-30 14:25:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm failing to see where he said SMN is necessary for winning. He simply said its useful in the fight and it was an important part for their group in succeeding.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-12-30 14:26:27
Link | Quote | Reply

What has FFXI come to if people these days are even allowed to bring any job they like to events!
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-12-30 14:28:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't contribute much of anything, though. You can cap accuracy without diamond storm if you're wearing proper gear. You can survive AI easily without armor. What job would be ideal would depend on exactly how your 3rd party is set up, but I would wager that BLM can outdo SMN quite easily and if you have even a 2 song BRD present RNG will outclass it severely.

I'm seeing the ideal 3rd party as PLD PLD WHM WHM GEO BRD, though. If your RNGs use reraise earrings and didn't fail decoy 101, you don't even need healers in the DD parties until all but taru are dead.

Quote:
I'm failing to see where he said SMN is necessary for winning. He simply said its useful in the fight and it was an important part for their group in succeeding.
failing to see where anyone was talking about whether it's necessary, i said it's worse than the other choices
 Carbuncle.Legato
By Carbuncle.Legato 2013-12-30 14:28:09
Link | Quote | Reply

just so there is no confusion she didnt take one of the x6 dd slots the SMN was in the mage party.

Thanks for the reply

Papesse would better be able to speak as to how she performed than me.

again thank you.

we won the first time @ 29:10 50 sec remaining and 2nd time @ 25:08 we will try again next week.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-12-30 14:33:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Doesn't contribute much of anything, though. You can cap accuracy without diamond storm if you're wearing proper gear. You can survive AI easily without armor. What job would be ideal would depend on exactly how your 3rd party is set up, but I would wager that BLM can outdo SMN quite easily and if you have even a 2 song BRD present RNG will outclass it severely.

Quote:
failing to see where anyone was talking about whether it's necessary, i said it's worse than the other choices

Why is it necessary for you to state its worse than other choices? He simply said it benefited his group and to anyone thinking of bringing a SMN it has its benefits. It was a direct response to someone (who may like SMN) asking about SMN in the fight.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-12-30 14:34:45
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a thread about the fights, I'd say it's useful to share what is optimal and what isn't.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-12-30 14:35:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Comeatmebro and wordspoken SMN is very useful DMG and Support and Debuff wise i would say she was a critical part to us winning.

I responded because I was specifically named in a condescending manner. I stand by my statement, SMN is a poor use of a slot, and I have explained why. If I hadn't been named, I wouldn't have felt any obligation to state it, as my first post would have sufficed.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-12-30 14:36:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »

Quote:

Why is it necessary for you to state its worse than other choices? He simply said it benefited his group and to anyone thinking of bringing a SMN it has its benefits. It was a direct response to someone (who may like SMN) asking about SMN in the fight.
all jobs have some benefit, doesn't make them an ideal choice
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-12-30 14:38:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Again, he never said it was an ideal choice. Someone asked how SMN fared in the fight, he responded with the experiences he had with his SMN. I don't see the reason for the snide comments towards him from Thorny.

Quote:
I responded because I was specifically named in a condescending manner.

What in the world is "condescending" about that post?
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 21 22 23