Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-12-31 19:29:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Devrom said: »
Joachim's ranged attack damage is neglible even compared to the melee damage of mage NPCs. It is as if he is throwing pebbles or something. He was doing like 3 damage to the root while Kupipi were doing 25-40

I think they are supposed to be pebbles (it's probably a joke, since he distributes traverser stones).
[+]
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Server: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2013-12-31 19:32:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
Joachim's ranged attack damage is neglible even compared to the melee damage of mage NPCs. It is as if he is throwing pebbles or something. He was doing like 3 damage to the root while Kupipi were doing 25-40

I think they are supposed to be pebbles (it's probably a joke, since he distributes traverser stones).

Oh yeah! That makes sense though. Just hope they aren't OUR stones he's throwing ( J/K ).
 Phoenix.Frankbrodie
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Frankbrodie 2013-12-31 19:35:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I'll keep away from the Mithra for solo playing with Trust.

She AOE'd a full room full of flies when I was just messing about in Gusgen.

I actually thought it was Ajido casting -ga's at first till I looked at the log lol. I was real mad.
I warp scrolled out ok. But the Trust NPC's dropped like.. well, flies :/
[+]
 Bahamut.Malothar
Server: Bahamut
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2013-12-31 19:52:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Joachim's ranged attack damage is neglible even compared to the melee damage of mage NPCs. It is as if he is throwing pebbles or something. He was doing like 3 damage to the root while Kupipi were doing 25-40. The real sad part is Tenzen's auto-attack damage doesn't seem much higher than Kupipi's...

Edit: Joachim has access to Army's Paeaon V and VI (I saw him sing them once and it was back to back) and it looks like he watches for hp, just eyeballing here though. Also, it seems he doesn't have any TP moves, 300 TP forever.

Edit: Did anyone else notice that Tenzen has an habit of saving his tp until he reaches 200? He rarely used WS at 100~ TP during my short test.

Joachim's totally throwing all those traverser stones he's saved up. :P

Noticed the paeons as well. He seems to bust out VI at yellow HP and both at red, once your current songs wear off. I never noticed him overwrite other songs in favor of them.

I noticed the same with Tenzen, though I assumed it was a SCing property of his. Once I hit 100+ TP, he'd always WS. I forget how Fellow NPCs operated with that, but if you were under 50ish TP, wouldn't they WS immediately, and if you were over 50 they'd hold it? Just an assumption, but it's what seemed to be occuring.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-12-31 20:06:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Shantotto and Ajido aren't as bad now that I look at it again. You just have to resummon them lol, but they were nuking constantly for 1~2k dmg which is much better than other NPCs. Just a good thing if you don't need heals or anything, although now I'd probably include Joachim for march.
[+]
 Shiva.Devrom
Server: Shiva
user: Devrom
By Shiva.Devrom 2014-01-01 04:11:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Malothar said: »
Edit: Did anyone else notice that Tenzen has an habit of saving his tp until he reaches 200? He rarely used WS at 100~ TP during my short test.

I noticed the same with Tenzen, though I assumed it was a SCing property of his. Once I hit 100+ TP, he'd always WS. I forget how Fellow NPCs operated with that, but if you were under 50ish TP, wouldn't they WS immediately, and if you were over 50 they'd hold it? Just an assumption, but it's what seemed to be occuring.

I played around with him a bit more and it seems he does watch for the player's TP but unlike the old NP fellow, he keeps saving TP until he gets to 200+ as long as you don't have 100+. NPC fellow, on the other hand, waits a bit for you once they reach 100+ then uses TP anyway if you don't catch up.

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
Shantotto and Ajido aren't as bad now that I look at it again. You just have to resummon them lol, but they were nuking constantly for 1~2k dmg which is much better than other NPCs. Just a good thing if you don't need heals or anything, although now I'd probably include Joachim for march.

Yeah, they are nice for jumping from mob to mob situations but when dealing with newer colonization reives, they run out of mp in like 5 nukes then they are useless. They are good enough for old colo. reives and all lair reives though.

For now, I am definitely sticking with Kupipi, Tenzen and Joachim for generic situations. It feels like a balanced party :) For grinding, it is Shantotto, Ajido and Mihli (or Kupipi if needed for safety) all the way.
 Leviathan.Kincard
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2014-01-01 06:28:12
Link | Quote | Reply

So do Kupipi and Mihli act basically the same aside from WS choices?
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2014-01-01 06:32:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zuidar said: »
Fenrir.Sylow said: »

Oh yeah! That makes sense though. Just hope they aren't OUR stones he's throwing ( J/K ).
Probably are, I mean, with how many we have now days it wouldn't even matter anymore, he would just be all...

Joachim said:
Mate, ye got to many of these stones, Imma use em to hit stuff from now on ya 'er?

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
They are also good to use if you're on a job that can throw them Refresh. While meleeing on RDM I tend to just take the mages with me and keep Refresh II on them, they still run out fast but spam low tiers as their MP comes back and still pump out some great damage on higher level targets where melees fall off a cliff.

Leviathan.Kincard said: »
So do Kupipi and Mihli act basically the same aside from WS choices?
Yep, same spells, same weapon, both melee, no special traits like Refresh or anything cool. At most I would say Mihli might have less MP but more base DMG since shes a Mithra not a Taru.
 Leviathan.Haruhigumi
user: kbeezie
By Leviathan.Haruhigumi 2014-01-01 10:04:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Mihli uses Scouring Bubbles at times too.
 Leviathan.Haruhigumi
user: kbeezie
By Leviathan.Haruhigumi 2014-01-01 10:07:26
Link | Quote | Reply

And Brainshaker as well...
 Phoenix.Gameesh
user: Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2014-01-01 19:19:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet but both Shantotto and Ajido aren't using Aspir or Aspir II. Was fighting a root in a reive with Zeid, Shantotto and Ajido and only the Galka used Aspir whenever his MP got low...
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2014-01-01 19:50:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Gameesh said: »
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet but both Shantotto and Ajido aren't using Aspir or Aspir II. Was fighting a root in a reive with Zeid, Shantotto and Ajido and only the Galka used Aspir whenever his MP got low...
Yeah thats one of the rather large issues with them, they lack any way to get MP back during combat just like the healers, which means without having Joachim) in your party(and him being low on MP himself or a way to cast Refresh on them yourself, they burn through it then stand there waiting for the fight to end.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2014-01-01 19:53:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya know, I wonder what all special things they will let these NPCs keep... such as if we get Rainemard, will he have his super 100+ DMG En-spells? :O
 Siren.Kentai
Server: Siren
user: Kentai713
By Siren.Kentai 2014-01-02 01:03:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, the new PLD we got with the relic gear normally has an enlight on his melee hits when he's in campaign, but I don't recall seeing that on his trust cipher. Based on that we may be getting a stripped down version of the character :(
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2014-01-02 05:58:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope the februari fix for all these NPC's will include a 'funnel' for the ws's when you reach level 99. Remove all the crappy elemental ws's and replace them with some merit, mythic or empyrean ones. I mean who uses Red Lotus Blade at level 99...?
 Sylph.Dasanuffadat
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Dasanuffadat 2014-01-02 06:07:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope the februari fix for all these NPC's will include a 'funnel' for the ws's when you reach level 99. Remove all the crappy elemental ws's and replace them with some merit, mythic or empyrean ones. I mean who uses Red Lotus Blade at level 99...?

Might be useful if they ever unlock Abyssea for them.
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2014-01-02 08:51:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Dasanuffadat said: »

Might be useful if they ever unlock Abyssea for them.

I... guess. But I don't think we need the Trust NPC's in Abyssea.

Also, the more I spend time with them, the more I come to the conclusion that my poor Adventuring fellow of level 95 is going to be left in the dust until the end of days... =(
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2014-01-02 09:07:13
Link | Quote | Reply

the more I spend time with them, the more I come to the conclusion that my poor Adventuring fellow of level 95 is going to be left in the dust until the end of days... =(
Have no fear!

Camate said:
Gruic_Geoffrey said:
And what about our own fellowship we lvled for hours ?
Greetings,

With the advent of the Trust Initiative there have been quite a few comments regarding adventuring fellows, and below is a comment from Akihiko Matsui in regards to this.

Akihiko_Matsui said:
Matsui here.

I’d like to comment a bit about our future plans for adventuring fellows.

Increasing the level cap of adventuring fellows to level 99 and having item level support is by no means beyond our reach.

However, we also need to add adventuring fellow quests as well as add text and cutscenes for each race and gender, and this will require a bit more time than normal quests.

Currently, we are prioritizing the implementation of Adoulin missions, new battle content, and job adjustments, and there is still a lot of content that we’ve decided needs adjusting, so it’s difficult at the moment to create the quests for these right away.

Similar to the quests from level 70 to 95, we have been looking into increasing the level cap via the Magian system; however, there are also quite a number of people who are looking for more fellowship quests, and since this of course a benchmark where adventuring fellows will become level 99, I’d like to prepare the proper story quests.

Please give us a bit more time to look into the expansion of the adventuring fellow system.
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2014-01-02 10:13:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh that's nice =) Just gotta be patient then I suppose. Thanks for the link.
 Ragnarok.Miraeldito
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Miraeldito 2014-01-02 10:23:27
Link | Quote | Reply

a quick question (don't know if was asked before and cant find in the long topic): can trust npcs be used in BCNM if you enter solo?
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2014-01-02 10:28:49
Link | Quote | Reply

They can not be used in any battlefields right now, no. When trying to do Rank 3 on Redmagemaster I was unable to summon them after entering the battle, forcing me to solo it. They have made statements saying they plan to expand its use in the future to include battlefields however such as Nyzul, which I am sure means BCNMs are planned as well.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-01-02 10:36:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes we need trust in Abyssea. Makes getting 75 apademak horns easier faster and more bearable.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2014-01-02 10:49:42
Link | Quote | Reply

If we get them in Abyssea, they need to make some way of letting us set Atma for them, which may be an issue. If they can have no Atma, it will make them severely gimp, and if they base it off of our Atma like pets, it will mean we have to make ourselves gimp just to do something like Refresh for Kupipi/Mihli or Ducal for, say, Valaineral.

I could see Abyssea being either a somewhat later area, or just an area they feel super gimp in at the end of the day.
 Leviathan.Syagin
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-01-02 10:55:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Refia1 said: »
WHERE LION
Maaaan to hell with Lion, I would kill to have Ferreous Coffinhttp://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Ferreous_Coffin
[+]
 Siren.Kentai
Server: Siren
user: Kentai713
By Siren.Kentai 2014-01-05 00:37:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Was using Valaineral, Tenzen, and Mihli Aliapoh while leveling my COR through the 40's and 50's. Val and Mihli got access to their special moves (Uriel Blade and Scouring Bubbles) at level 50. I think it would be safe to assume at least some of the other trust's unique moves are level 50 as well. Just thought I would contribute this for the OP.
[+]
 Valefor.Houppelande
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Houppelande 2014-01-07 12:41:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Houppelande said: »
Refia1 said: »
WHERE LION

You can't get her yet - it's from the next login campaign. Same way you got Zeid.

It's now confirmed
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jarvick
Server: Ragnarok
user: Krichtan
By Ragnarok.Jarvick 2014-01-08 09:40:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I would like to be able to summon them in Abyssea as well. It would be really nice if you wanted to level in Abyssea 75+. It would also be helpful for seal hunting, since they stopped letting you get seals from the Login Campaign. For anyone taking up new jobs or people who have made new characters, this could be very helpful.

Overall though, I think it's a great system and look forward to more ciphers and increased areas that you can call them out in.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-01-08 10:48:05
Link | Quote | Reply

SE should have a crossover event where you can get Trust NPC's from earlier FF games. Auron from FFX-1 would make a nice addition to my ranks.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 70 71 72