Anyone For Salvage II Post-patch?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Ragnarok » Anyone for Salvage II post-patch?
Anyone for Salvage II post-patch?
 Ragnarok.Granis
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Granis25
By Ragnarok.Granis 2013-12-09 11:01:06
Link | Quote | Reply

So Having recently came back to the game, I have been having a lot of fun with my LS running SKirmish with them, but then it hits me how hard buying Skirmish pops can be on my wallet.

However with the Assault changes coming in the dec. update, I kinda want to start doing Salvage II again to farm alex to get a little bit of money for me and the others I run it with (it will be be freelot, of course, so that way the whole pt has a shot at making money, unless someone tells me they're Mythic building.) Salvage II may be a bit outdated now, but hey, it can at least be used to fund Simulacrums for Yorcia Skirmish!

That said, I'm not there just in the off-chance of winning alex. I'd still like to get plans and craft salvage gear too. I'd be mostly interested in Marduk and Skadi plans, as well as Marduk and Skadi 45 pieces. Yeah the Skirmish sets are great, but I'd like to still have Salvage +1 armor for what situational uses they still might have, plus they just look cool.

But my other main motivation is I want a different kind of event to do. Skirmish is a great event, but I'd like a chance to diversify the events I do, for fun, also for a challenge so I can learn to improve as a healer.

I've ran a few Salvage runs with Shouts before, but I'd like to join up with a few people that know the routes and stuff better than I do. Plus, I've only ever done Silver Sea II.

I'd be coming on WHM, so I guess I'd just need DD/Tank that knows the routes and stuff?
By minikomby 2013-12-09 11:28:13
Link | Quote | Reply

im not sure how good will be salvage to make money after december update, price will drop probably to 10k-8k during the first weeks then could drop more more more and more im thinking about 5k and dont think it will be worth at all
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2013-12-09 11:31:39
Link | Quote | Reply

minikomby said: »
im not sure how good will be salvage to make money after december update, price will drop probably to 10k-8k during the first weeks then could drop more more more and more im thinking about 5k and dont think it will be worth at all

gl with that
 Sylph.Sukasaroth
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Sukasaroth 2013-12-09 12:08:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm mostly worried about the wait times. Not sure how many instances per zone there are.

I know it will eventually die down. But I've been really looking forward to soloing Without having to DC.