Bubble Trouble: A Geomancer Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 57 58 59 ... 73 74 75
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-06-14 22:43:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I think that's clearly beyond the point I was making in my previous post though :x
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2020-06-14 23:04:00
Link | Quote | Reply

well i have everything but body+1 for amalric(makes no damn sense the body is twice the cost of everything else.). Glad to know I can skip the other Bagua pieces.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-06-15 06:45:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Keep in mind Amalric+1 head is probably not optimal for nuking. You get max +20 mab from augs, 0 on the base piece and +10 from the set bonus.
On the otehr hand it's tipically a very very nice option for macc, with Path D. Also remember the Macc+26 on the base piece is a typo, it's actually macc+36.

Nuking options for head are Cath Palug Crown, Bagua Galero +3, I guess Geomancy Galero +3 if you make use of Cardinal Chant (I wouldn't suggest this route though) or even a Merlinic Head with pretty nice free nuking augs of course.
By JYGG 2020-07-10 07:20:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I got my first telchine set but I'm not sure what I should focus my augments on. melee? Enhancing duration? Or something else... Any advice will help me alot thanks.
By Wotasu 2020-07-10 07:23:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I would do Meva & Pet: Regen/DT
[+]
By gargurty 2020-07-10 07:37:00
Link | Quote | Reply

any up-to-date gearsets with the new stuff? the guide is getting a bit old ;)
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2020-07-10 09:57:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a bit sad that Brixy never finished the redesign T_T
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2020-07-10 22:12:42
Link | Quote | Reply

gargurty said: »
any up-to-date gearsets with the new stuff? the guide is getting a bit old ;)
what sets do you want to see? here's four of the ones I use most often. (except I still need shamash)

ItemSet 338470
r15 ring & waist conserve MP+15 each.
back doesn't need aug for this.
vanya path C

ItemSet 339014
*back needs at least 6 skill or need skill somewhere else like a D.I. ear.
only 99% conserve MP. can add an ear for 100%.

ItemSet 363367
for when you are up close and expecting luopan & yourself to get hit.
artsieq path C

ItemSet 363369
when the enemy doesn't know what an AoE means or you can stand far enough away to not ever get hit.
telchine: meva+ pet regen+3 & pet dt-4

JYGG said: »
I got my first telchine set but I'm not sure what I should focus my augments on. melee? Enhancing duration? Or something else... Any advice will help me alot thanks.
since you posted in the GEO guide, yeah, m.eva+ pet:regen+ pet:dt-
If you play WHM, RDM, SCH as well. consider some enhancing duration+ instead of dt-. once you get idris, it's quite easy to cap pet:dt-38%.
[+]
By JYGG 2020-07-23 21:42:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Thx for the reply :)

P.s. you might want to change your Pet:regen/DT Hands to Artifact +3 -> https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Geo._Mitaines_%2B3

it might confuse new players to geo :)
By Chimerawizard 2020-07-23 23:42:22
Link | Quote | Reply

but, i like refresh+2 in my hands.
idris + dunna + rimeice ear + isa + telchine (aug: -4) = cap pet: DT.
head + hypaspist + back (+10~15) + isa + telchine (aug +3) + feet = pet: regen +23~28
w/ r25 bagua charm equipped at the time of cast, ecliptic bubbles should only cost 24 HP/tick.
extra slots I threw refresh at for myself.

the other idle set does have af+3, it's the one just above the pet:regen/dt set.
By JYGG 2020-07-24 00:38:28
Link | Quote | Reply

My bad I was not thinking of being long range. I've been messing around with melee Geo these past few days and was thinking more up close and personal. If you are casting distance I agree, Refresh is a must.

Edit : How do you like your Shadow Ring, I was thinking of getting it. Does it feel like it proc often enough?
By Chimerawizard 2020-07-24 02:38:14
Link | Quote | Reply

more a force of habit for me. I only ever actually notice when my luopan gets healed instead of damaged. my own damage I filter and don't pay attention to unless I get too low.
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2020-07-24 15:10:09
Link | Quote | Reply

You can’t swap idris or Dunna at all or you need your geo bubble right?
By Chimerawizard 2020-07-24 18:56:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Idris must be worn on geo- & indi- during midcast for geomancy+10 to stick.
Dunna must be worn on geo- & indi- during precast & midcast for handbell skill to count.
either must be worn at the time the bubble is hit for the pet: damage taken - to have an effect.

can wear anything the rest of the time. in high lag areas, (dyna-d), it's highly suggested to have them both equipped at all times since packets get lost so frequently.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-07-26 00:36:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Chimerawizard said: »
Idris must be worn on geo- & indi- during midcast for geomancy+10 to stick.
Dunna must be worn on geo- & indi- during precast & midcast for handbell skill to count.
either must be worn at the time the bubble is hit for the pet: damage taken - to have an effect.

can wear anything the rest of the time. in high lag areas, (dyna-d), it's highly suggested to have them both equipped at all times since packets get lost so frequently.
I thought this seemed odd, so I went and tested it.

Used indi barrier. Checked defense. 1891

Setup my precast to specifically empty the ranged slot on precast. Then equip dunna on midcast.

Cast a fresh Indi-barrier. and checked defense again. opened menu and closed a few times just to make sure it was updating properly, but I got exactly the same def(1891) in both cases.

So no, you do not have to wear your handbell in precast to apply handbell skill. Only in midcast.

That said, I quite agree that you should just precast in it anyway. It's got fastcast on it already, so it's a good precast piece anyway. But the skill check is purely on midcast.
[+]
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Brixy
By Phoenix.Brixy 2020-07-26 13:32:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Apparently I edited the guide so much over the years that it locked me out of the node section entirely lol (due to too much data usage and throws an error). I've gotten in touch with Rooks and it should be fixed sometime soon. I've been dealing with the issue for a couple of years now, which is one of the main reasons I had issues fixing the guide. Once the problem is solved I can work on finishing the guide in my free time.

I've done 2132 updates(so far) to the guide over the last 7 years for anyone curious on how that happened lol.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2020-07-26 14:15:54
Link | Quote | Reply

So go easy on me.

Also for the melee set when was it updated? I see Gazu Bracelets are added, but what about Blistering Helm? It allows you to use Windbuffet Belt+1 with capped haste. We have some really nice options now with this new batch of UNM augments.

Blistering Sallet+1 (Lots of acc/crit)
Gazu bracers+1 (15 haste/tons of acc)
Loxotic Mace+1 (Ton of Acc, and WSDMG+10/Weapon base DMG. Latent is similar to Maneater)
Magemasher+1 (MND+, Moderate Acc, and WSDMG+15/Weapon base DMG)

I've been playing GEO in a more interesting way. I'm meleeing and I'm not far behind Cors and SU5 RDMs. Flash Nova/Seraph Strike are extremely good with a Daybreak.

I'm having some pretty good results, also Flash Nova/Seraph Strikes in Dyna have been really good if you can pull off /DNC. (Also made a Waltz+5 Telchine set and added a potency ring for back up heals)

With Samurai/Tacticians/Aurora Storm/Malaise/Etc my Novas and Seraphs have been doing very well. (sorry I didn't collect this data, and Im hesitant to give an anecdote from just eyeballing but I did do some 50k flash Novas on W1/2 mobs.)

Off Topic from Dyna:
Here are some numbers on trash that were unresisted with just BOG Malaise (I have SU2 neck right now). I'll get more #s on real enemies after the next couple of Dyna runs.

I don't have Idris yet so I've been using Daybreak/Blurred+1 for Magical WS and Max/Blurred+1 for Physical WS.

Ideally R15 Idris/Daybreak for magical or R15 Idris/Mage Masher+1 R15 would be my go to.

Lowman you can also do some interesting things. Flash Nova-> Flash Nova-> Fragmentation-> MB Thunder V does a ton of damage. It really put a smile on my face.

Sets are in the spoiler. Im kinda looking forward to those "useless" merlinic melee augments from the dark matter campaign.

As for my cape having Macc on physical weaponskills, I need to wait another month for a proper physical wsdmg cape.
[+]
 Asura.Aldolol
user: Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2020-07-26 16:04:29
Link | Quote | Reply

For me i'd be more interested in the kind of numbers you are getting with standard melee comp buffs (Fury, frailty, chaos, sam etc) because for most content that is most likely what you are going to be rocking.

Right now my GEO mule is a sleepga/impact spammer so if i can do some decent numbers it's going to be nice to have a secondary dps option like the BRD currently is for some content.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-07-26 16:46:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
Loxotic Mace+1 (Ton of Acc, and WSDMG+10/Weapon base DMG. Latent is similar to Maneater)
Geo can't wear Loxotic. It's an extreme weirdo of a club only wearable by WAR/DRK/RUN.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2020-07-26 17:08:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
Geo can't wear Loxotic. It's an extreme weirdo of a club only wearable by WAR/DRK/RUN.

Damn, I overlooked that, and its a shame because it nearly has 100 acc on it.

Magemasher it is, my fault.
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2020-07-27 15:11:21
Link | Quote | Reply

DDGeo would be fun. Do you do it on anything worth while?
 Bahamut.Yiazmat
Server: Bahamut
user: Rudra
By Bahamut.Yiazmat 2020-07-28 00:44:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Geo DD is fun, especially in W3 when its usually boring during long fights. Can pull some good seraph/flash numbers even as non-AG Idris (15-30k) on W3 boss.
The main problem now, more then acc/gear haste, is Luopan survivability when its not bolstered.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-07-28 01:06:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Luopan survivability is much less so of an issue when you have +2 neck, of course that's not an option if you're DDing.

Other than some bosses with AoE and WAR fomors with Fell Cleave there's not much AoE in W3 though.
Well the BLU too I guess.

The BLM and GEO AoE spells usually don't seem to put my luopan in danger, from my experience at least.
 Bahamut.Yiazmat
By Bahamut.Yiazmat 2020-07-28 03:13:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Im sure that you can melee with nq to +2 neck on W3 now with Gazu and Blistering/Alhazen R15.
By geigei 2020-07-28 03:21:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
of course that's not an option if you're DDing.
Why?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-07-28 03:38:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Because it's a DPS loss, I meant.
Granted given the Neck options for GEO it's probably not that big of a loss.
 Bahamut.Yiazmat
By Bahamut.Yiazmat 2020-07-28 03:51:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I was using combatant torque pre sheol B, but non you got enough acc with buffs/food i think
By malakef 2020-07-28 06:17:07
Link | Quote | Reply

The neck is largely unneeded for most content anyways. I been DDing wave 3 for a while now and didn’t keep the neck on. Now with as much accuracy as we have though you probably could as it makes no difference when the neck options aren’t all that great anyways for GEO DD or at least none of the options I have used in the past. I think the +2 neck if you have an idris is very little benefit even if it is BIS for bubble surviving.
 Bahamut.Yiazmat
By Bahamut.Yiazmat 2020-07-28 06:48:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Can still cap pet dt with an hybrid set : Idris, Telchine braconi (acc pet dt regen) and an hybrid cape with acc and pet dt instead of stp
First Page 2 3 ... 57 58 59 ... 73 74 75