Asura.Ladyofhonor
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-04-26 01:54:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyarlko said: »
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
According to BGwiki: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Conserve_MP

GEO99 Conserve MP averages out to 43% MP conserved when it proc's. And gear +conserve MP increases the chance for it to proc. So I think it's pretty solid overall and works to counter Raetic.

No, read again please. What BGwiki says is that 99GEO has a baseline 43% proc rate. The formula for the amount reduced is explained lower down which is a randomized value from a set range. Gear bonuses also only affect proc rate. Even when capped at CMP+100, the avg cost reduction is 28.125%.

Doesn't seem horrible to counteract Raetic at least.. Is there anyone who has one can chime in on whether or not CMP procs account for the cost increase or not? I still haven't been able to get a simple yes/no on how the staff+1 works with Occult Acumen even. T_T

So GEO has a cap of Conserve MP+57. That...might actually be slightly relevant to one of the sets I cast in. Good to know, thanks.

Edit: And my set for casting luopans has exactly 57 conserve MP in it. I wonder if I am just getting old and I knew all this before...
By geigei 2018-04-26 02:20:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Trying to replicate toralin's numbers with NQ Ea, geo malaise.

Fire 3 galero, mob at west 47572, fire 5 88616.

Even tho i use nq body/hands/legs i get more dmg.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-04-26 07:10:21
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »

Idris malaise, no indi spell right? Using sch fusion?

edit:
testing with IDRIS(lol), target is located dead West of the Geomancer.
Lightningsday(should be no bonus/nerf)
tier 3 with grio/enk (sch fusion)
galaro 53244
ea+1 56622

tier 3 with idris/amurrapi (sch fusion)
galaro 50859
ea+1 53908

tier 4 with geio/enk (sch fusion)
galaro 79167
eat+1 85847

tier 5 grio/enki
both 99k

double edit:
omg found this in my new gearswap, deleting my account!!!!!
sets.midcast.Geomancy = {main="Solstice",sub="Genmei Shield",range="Dunna",

when I retested I had locked weapon (idris for bubble)

Do not tell my LS!
By geigei 2018-04-26 08:49:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, yes and yes.

Can you test on Kei aswell? is the only nm i do with chant, macc is a thing tho, need languor and focus to get consistent dmg.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-04-26 09:18:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Going back to the cure set for a bit because there were a few things I wanted to bring up for general discussion.

-Enmity and Tranquil Heart.

Are these things that we should be considering in our cure sets? I see Tranquil Heart being hard to do due to no natural skill, but I guess that is kind of the point of Path B Vanya in that set. Wouldn't it be better then to focus on -50 enmity in the set?

Here's my current GEO Cure set:
ItemSet 358565

Serenity: Perfect Aug (I've gotten like 5 of those trying for Dampening Tam).
Vanya: Head A, Feet B
Merlinic: +6 FC (used for -enmity)

The set has way over capped CP, but only because some of the pieces have other useful stats like -enmity or Conserve MP.

Total Bonuses:
CP: 67% (50%)
-Enmity: -52
Skill: 50
Conserve MP: 23

Vanya Slops are probably better for this build, but I don't have them. I would probably Path A on them for the -enmity if I can't find -enmity in other spots.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-04-26 09:48:48
Link | Quote | Reply

***is situational and I can see the benefit of a good -enmity build, like the one Shadow posted, in situations like where you're shooting a lot of cures and you have a weakened tank or no tank at all.

But then again in most other situations I think it should be preferable to have a strong healing build focusing on maximum power. That way you can shoot occasional, strong C4s and if you're really starving on MP you can use C3 (which generates a plethora less enmity, consumes less mp and with such a good build should still heal an interesting amount of HP)
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-04-26 10:20:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't be terribly worried about a -enmity build on GEO unless you intend to main heal some sort of event. Stray cures in between everything else you're potentially doing shouldn't be getting you anywhere near hate cap.

I prioritize Cure Potency > MP Cost > lesser cure modifiers(skill, mnd, vit) with enmity being pretty much an afterthought.

Not that this applies to cure 4 on all jobs, on SCH WHM RDM you should consider the possibility you will be spamming cures and cap enmity-, but they also have access to Kaykaus making it easier. I just don't see much of GEO main healing, if you find yourself doing so the enmity will be more important.
[+]
 Phoenix.Tearxx
Server: Phoenix
user: Tearxx
By Phoenix.Tearxx 2018-04-26 10:35:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »

edit:
galaro 53244
ea+1 56622

galaro 50859
ea+1 53908

galaro 79167
eat+1 85847

tier 5 grio/enki
both 99k

double edit:

Do not tell my LS!

So moral of the story is chant doesn't go over cap then?
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-04-26 10:41:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Tearxx said: »

edit:
galaro 53244
ea+1 56622

galaro 50859
ea+1 53908

galaro 79167
eat+1 85847

tier 5 grio/enki
both 99k

double edit:

Do not tell my LS!

Seems so, but i think the moral is, Ea hat+1 beats Af+3 head even when leveraging cardinal chant when MBing
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-04-26 11:28:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you may be over estimating how much benefit you're getting from skill on cure spells.

Cap is way out of reach for Geo sure, but if you're in the 400-700 CurePower range 20 skill from vanya is giving you 8 more HP cured. trading out the -enmity for skill in all those slots effectively gives you 32 more HP healed at the cost of -21 enmity on a spell that gives an aggregate enmity boost of over 1200 on a full powered C4 with no -enmity on it.

I don't know. Honestly it's kind of niche.. if we're cure bombing we're losing right?

To each their own.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Server: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2018-04-26 20:10:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Tearxx said: »

Seems so, but i think the moral is, Ea hat+1 beats Af+3 head even when leveraging cardinal chant when MBing

While I think your conclusion is probably true, if you're just using the previous page's set and only swapping hat, you're not capped on MBD 1 with the galero so your test is a bit unfair.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-27 00:21:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not going to quote it, so less people notice, but I'm obligated to ask how long you were using the wrong item to cast. I know multiple people that made this mistake after upgrading to it.

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Your average idiot won't even notice the difference between dunna and idris.

Just making the point, not saying anyone is, or isn't anything.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-04-27 01:11:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Pardon for barging in, I didn't follow the discussion so far, are you guys claiming that Cardinal Chant doesn't go above the 40% Magic Burst cap? Or that the bonus from Galero+3 doesn't?

Because Cardinal Chant going above MBB tier1 was already tested long ago (as a job trait) and the result was that it does.

Are you folks sure it's not a matter of bad interaction with MBB tier2 bonus? Have you tried shooting with just MBB t1 to see if Cardinal Chant works above that?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-27 01:28:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I said on the last page to go naked and equip gear int = the galero and see if the burst gave 40% capped or the true 44% uncapped.

Then logically increase burst 1 then burst 2 until you found what the issue was.
 Asura.Cicion
user: cicion
By Asura.Cicion 2018-04-27 01:46:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Being able to toss out 750-800ish cure 4s on geo while being proactive with debuffs distract frazzle dia2 impact is still worth investing in. I cringe when i see people just bubbling with their thumbs up its behinds.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-04-27 02:52:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Cicion said: »
Being able to toss out 750-800ish cure 4s on geo while being proactive with debuffs distract frazzle dia2 impact is still worth investing in. I cringe when i see people just bubbling with their thumbs up its behinds.
Absolutely agree, but I don't think people were questioning that, it was more a matter of what to focus midcast on for healing. Focus on skill/MND to get more powerful heals or -enmity?

Personally I still stand by my stance that -enmity is cool but realistically useful only if you find yourself mainhealing for whatever reason. In all other situations GEO should be shooting occasional heals, not spamming them. As such I find the former approach (skill/stat etc) a better focus than -enmity.

@Eiryl
This is the original post by Tarowyn who shared a JP test.
According to him Cardinal Chant did indeed fall under the MBB t1 cap at release, but it was patched after that to count BEYOND the t1 cap.
Further small discussion can be found here.
That JP test seems pretty accurate to me, and a lot of people back then agreed it was fine. I remember at start when I was doing Omen on GEO, my gear was much worse and we had a worse coordination, that using Cardinal Chant truly helped me break the 30k very easily even without malaise or other bonuses.
Which is why I'm a bit skeptic to believe that now Cardinal Chant falls under the MBB t1 cap once more.
I would love to see you people perform further tests and to exclude any MBB t2 gear. As far as we know Cardinal Chant (job trait) could go beyond MBB t1 cap but not MBB t2 cap (which hasn't been found, to date).
Also please test Cardinal Chant (job trait) alone, before testing the Galero+3 bonus. They might work differently and the Galero part could fall under the MBB t1 cap for instance whereas the Job Trait one does not.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-04-27 02:53:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, once we find a result to this test and we all agree on its accuracy, it would be very cool if someone could update BG-Wiki, which has never been updated concerning the caps matter on Cardinal Chant.
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-04-27 07:02:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not going to quote it, so less people notice, but I'm obligated to ask how long you were using the wrong item to cast. I know multiple people that made this mistake after upgrading to it.

Your average idiot won't even notice the difference between dunna and idris.

Just making the point, not saying anyone is, or isn't anything.
About 45 days, lost all my gearswaps due to hard drive crash, setup new and there we go, trying to move fast, didn’t notice. If calling me an idiot makes you feel better about the MBB galaro then by all means, do what you need to

I started the discussion on best MB set fro GEO, feel like ea+1 is better than +3 galaro.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-27 10:47:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Man, I literally said it's not about you. It's from the other thread. Showing how stupid it is to think that Idris is REQUIRED for anything when 100% of people won't even notice the difference.

Getting actual data for Chant would only take an hour, it's pretty simple stuff.

Nuke with int+36 naked.
Nuke with just galero+3
Add; Locus ring, static earring etc. Find the break point.

If you're genuinely curious, it doesn't take much effort to look. -if- cardinal chant is it's own term (currently? still?)

In your proposed set, 41% Burst I meaning Ea+1 gets the full benefit of 7 I and 7 II

14 Burst+ and 38 MAB > 22% BurstII easy to see.

-BUT- this doesn't mean it's the most optimal set. Galero having zero MAB makes it (never?) best with current available gear. Some combo of Merlinic, could make it better though.

Getting BurstI on grio and changing to amalric nails+1 would be better.

Or changing Shiva+1 to Locus Ring and using Amalric Nails+1 might? be better too. (42int 42Mab 1% Burst vs 21int 52Mab (+set bonus))
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-04-27 13:37:17
Link | Quote | Reply

There's already some data on Cardinal Chant, if you wanna check the link above.
 Asura.Cicion
user: cicion
By Asura.Cicion 2018-04-27 14:49:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally i dont use any -enm and even then taking hate is so rare i would of had stoneskin/phal 16 dt and another 10 pdt in my idle i can take a few hits np i always geared for highest cures.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-04-28 15:52:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
I did it for nuking. It's aight.

Anyway, today I got Gada for Enhancing Magic duration, but while augmenting it I hit Indi effect duration +9. This resulted in longer Indi spells (5:31) than Solstice (5:26). I'm also using a 20% augmented Lifestream cape, Bagua +1 pants, and Azimuth +1 feet.

I don't know if it can go higher. I hit enhancing magic duration +5 and stopped.
Just got me a Gada with Indi+10 (which is the cap, afaik?) and I'm getting some conflicting result.
Before Gada the formula I used for duration was the following, and it always proved to be accurate:
Code
((indi_base+indi_static+indi_JP+indi_entrust)*(1+(indi_percentage/100)))

indi_entrust = Static value used to handle a bigger duration for entrusted Indi spells
indi_static = Static is a static duration addition, like that on Bagua pants and Azimuth Gaiters
indi_JP = Static value coming from the relative JP category
indi_percentage = Percentage is a percentile duration addition, like that from Lifestream Cape augment
indi_base = Base is the base duration of Indi spells, atm it's 180 seconds.

So indi_entrust is 15 for Solstice and 0 for Gada
indi_static is 35 with +1 Pants and +1 Azi Gaiters, higher with +3 of course.
indi_percentage is 20 with just the cape. Gada supposedly is 10
indi_base is 180

Using the above formula, setting indi_entrust to 0 and indi_percentage to 30 (adding Gada's +10 to the Cape's +20) I'm getting a number that's a couple of seconds bigger than the real duration of the bubble.

What could be causing this? Can anybody adjust the formula to calculate Indi Duration? I suck with math stuff.

Edit:
My durations are approximatively ~5'06" default (Idris), ~5'24" with Solstice, ~5'32" with Gada (+10) theoretically, but I'm getting more around 5'27"
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-04-28 16:08:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually nevermind, I messed up, duration seems to be correct.
This confirms that the +10 from Gada is additive in the same term with the JSE cape's +20, for a total of +30% duration.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-04-29 00:38:17
Link | Quote | Reply

The way enhancing magic works bonuses to duration from augments are a separate multiplicative term to bonuses from normal stats.

Rdms abuse this liberally to get extremely long base durations of their spells. (I’m currently at 8:15 for haste 2)

India augments should work the same way. Although I’m not sure there are any regular percent increases to test against for geo
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-04-29 01:16:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Cicion said: »
Personally i dont use any -enm and even then taking hate is so rare i would of had stoneskin/phal 16 dt and another 10 pdt in my idle i can take a few hits np i always geared for highest cures.

I don't use -enmity on my GEO because only way it's pulling hate is if the tank is dead and I'm able to full time DT gear better than most others so hit away, creature.
[+]
By Quizzy 2018-04-29 01:26:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I was just telling our tank (95% of the time) that the only way I get hate is if I cast a bubble too fast while he's 6-boxing...
 Phoenix.Tearxx
Server: Phoenix
user: Tearxx
By Phoenix.Tearxx 2018-05-11 13:45:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Took a look at relic again and am intrigued by relic head +3. If we cast with the head on and switch it off, will luo still have the increased HP? Or could this be an interesting way to save life cycle for BoG bubbles? Thoughts?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-05-21 15:50:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe something like Dimgruzub would be easiest for this, since he takes 10x normal damage.
First Page 2 3 ... 41 42 43 ... 73 74 75