BST Trioing Arch Diablos Bosses!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » BST trioing Arch Diablos bosses!
BST trioing Arch Diablos bosses!
 Bismarck.Guttler
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Cole
By Bismarck.Guttler 2013-11-24 17:13:54
Link | Quote | Reply

So, after getting my ZR2 tests going, my next target is to either do delve and rely on other people and get some kills so I can buy Asperity Neckalces for 2x mules...or try for some Portus Collars.

So far I've only gone after the Arch Diablos bosses once and have a summary below.

Diabolos Somnus: Tried him once and took him down to 20% before my timers were out for reward/call beasts. This was my test run, and being a cheapass I only had Zeta foods. I'm 99% sure that this guy will not be a challenge once I go back with Theta foods and Mulsums for emergencies.

Diabolos Nox: Have not tried, the ability to cast death has me worried.

Diabolos Umbra: Have not treid, looks do-able, only sticky point I'll have to test is how mean the Vestiges are, might lead to having to feed/Mulsum contantly, but looks feasable.

Diabolos Leturn: Have not tried, Death/Drainga/Nightmare look like a lot of fun.

Anyway, will update as I get more pops done, but from what I can tell Somnus and Umbra look trioable, anyone have any experience trying to BST-team these with ilevel weapons yet?
 Shiva.Cziella
Server: Shiva
user: Rumors
By Shiva.Cziella 2013-11-24 18:15:41
Link | Quote | Reply

If one of those BSTs has SMN with iLVL avatars, the fight would be easier/faster, not only will they not depend on Call beast timers, but also add more dmg ith BPs, and resummon avatars faster (MP shouldn't be an issue anymore)

I did Arch Christelle as SMN+BST (2boxing) and when my bst's pet kept getting Extremely bad breath'ed and couldn't keep up with Call beast timers, that's when SMN shined, saved me enough time for call beast recasts.

Best of luck with your adventures, regardless!
 Bismarck.Guttler
By Bismarck.Guttler 2013-11-30 20:08:17
Link | Quote | Reply

2 sets ready, more results incoming.
 Bismarck.Guttler
By Bismarck.Guttler 2013-11-30 20:54:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Set 1: Diabolos Nox: Popped :31
:34--88%
:35 death #1 - 84%
:37 death #2 79%
:41 70%
:43 death #3 65%
:45 death #4 59%
:48 death #5 48%, call beast at 1:30
:49 death 6-7, 48%, call beasts ready, 3 pets up.
:51 death 8, 1 pet missing call beast at 2:30
:52 death 9, 2 pets gone 1:30 call beast
:53 moar death all pets gone, 1:15ish on closest call beast 42%ish

Summary: I think that triple SMNs can do in their sleep, or at least with 2x BST, 1x SMN. He seems to spam death more at lower HP.
 Bismarck.Guttler
By Bismarck.Guttler 2013-11-30 21:20:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Set 2: Diabolos Somnus pop :08
09: 90%
:10 80%
:11 72%
:13 60%
:16 40%
:18 blarrg... 18% and had to move some mulsums

Summary: Yeah, 3 ppl that are not triboxing BST would be cake to feed pets properly, AKA i need to move my inventory better to have them in inventory. But BSTx2 + SMN would be fine, as would me prepping better on triple BST.
 Sylph.Azarus
Server: Sylph
user: Azarus
By Sylph.Azarus 2013-12-01 14:40:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Last time I did this it was pre-Adoulin. With a BST setup(12-16) Letum did not go well because the pets were getting drainga'd for more damage than they could put out in between each cast. Of course, nightmare went off after the successful cast of any spell,further slowing dps, and causing obvious enmity issues. Nox was also futile, as Dream Shroud and terror brought dps to a crawl, and resulted in the inevitable enmity struggle. Umbra was also a crawl as it has really high defense,which resulted in the same situation as with Nox. Only Somnus was done successfully with only BSTs by bringing enough mulsums. We would always time out on the other 3.

When SMN were added to the mix(8-12SMN + 4-6BST) Umbra was downed, but it was hit or miss, either taking almost the whole 30min, or timing out at low %. Letum was still a standstill with drainga keeping his HP up. Never took down Nox this way, as we'd lose as early as 50% or at 30% depending on how much of a jerk he was with death throughout the fight. We decided to just run from the battlefield and repop if we popped a Nox. I'm sure it would not have gone further than 3% (chainspell death) if we had gotten that far with pets. In melee setups this was a breaking point.

According to your testimony it seems the problem of pets not doing enough damage to hold hate and make forward progress on Diabolos' HP doesn't exist anymore with iLvl stuff. A group of iLvl SMN would probably make short work of any of them with the exception of Nox; he's a ***. Adding a SMN or 2 to your setup wold probably do wonders for taking out the others as you mentioned. Good luck!
 Bismarck.Guttler
By Bismarck.Guttler 2013-12-01 21:43:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Another 3 pop sets to play with tomorrow, gonna make sure I have invo correct to to do Somnus if I get him. Depending on how Leturn/Umbra are if I get them, might take some time to level SMN on 1-2 of the BSTs then try like that. But more info to come tomorrow.
[+]
 Bahamut.Menty
Server: Bahamut
user: mental
By Bahamut.Menty 2013-12-02 03:12:32
Link | Quote | Reply

We recently did the Arch Diabolos with Beastmaster, and two Summoners.

We managed to kill all the variations, Nox being quite fun.

The main advantage with Summoner is the Spike damage with blood pacts, turning boss pops like Nox away from the beast pets & saving death spells or three Nether blasts for 4k damage makes for a smoother battle.

For Beastmaters only Letum will be an easier kill, Somnus is simple reward wise though with it's defensive traits & use of Phalanx it's time and enmity that gets more interesting at 15%.

On a side note, what Axes do you use on your various accounts. Well, are your Falcor's iLvl 114?

If not I'd go play in Skirmish & grab some +1's or play with WKR Bee if they have access.

gl on your current goal Guttler,
Menty
[+]
 Bismarck.Guttler
By Bismarck.Guttler 2013-12-02 07:59:40
Link | Quote | Reply

My guys all are running with Hunaphus. Am stockpiling gil at the moment waiting until January for when I hope that Plutons will not be ridiculous anymore and I can upgrade all my Guttlers to the 119 version.
 Bismarck.Guttler
By Bismarck.Guttler 2013-12-02 18:25:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Three more sets of data:
#1-Nox:
Popped @ :00
:03- 92%
:05- 89%
:07- 80%
08- Death 1-2
:09- death 3 75%
:11- 68%
:12- 67%, pets dead call beasts at 1 minute

Summary: never really any danger from the mob at all, until the death spam, his dmg moves aren't anything ridiculous and can be counteracted with zeta for the most part, if you want to go cheap. Going to go with the previous statements that changing 1-2 BSTs to SMN would make it easier and should not be a challenge.

#2-Umbra pop :24
:26- 87%
:28- 81%
:30- 70%
:33- 57%
:36- 46%
:38- 40%
:40- 33%
:42- 27%
:44- 19%
:46- 12%
:48- 6%
:50 dead

It appears that the Diabolos bosses have a 30 minutes max timer to kill them as well, but was a rather simple fight, just needed to keep tossing Zeta/Theta/Mulsums at it as needed. Got Portus Collar, rawr.

#3 Nox pop :55
:58- 85%
:00- 80%
:02- 73%
:04- 68% death #1
:06- 62%
:08- 58%
:10- death 2, 52%
:12- death 3, 47%
:13- death 4, 42%, still 3 pets up by sheet luck
:14- death 4/5 2 pets left on it
:15- death 6, down to 1 pet, 1m on call beast
:16- 37%, 2 pets on it, 1m and 2m on call beasts
:18- 31%, back to 3 pets
:20- 2 more detahs, 2 pets on it, 28%, 1m on call beast
:22- 3 pet again, call beast at 1m, 1m, and 2:30 23%
:24- 18%, 3 pets on it, 1:30 and 3m on 2 call beasts
:25- 1m warning, had to bum rush it...with all the death it casts, makes the DD slow down, so it might be possible with better death luck, or changing someone to a SMN or a 4th BST.

So summary: Somnus/Umbra are fine, just have Theta/Mulsums ready to roll. Nox is a jackass, gonna need to sub at least 1 BST for a SMN. Leturn untested.
 Bismarck.Guttler
By Bismarck.Guttler 2013-12-04 20:01:33
Link | Quote | Reply

1 more sets, less detailed data below.
#1- Somnus popped :45-
:49- 75%
:52- 50%
:56- 25%
:00- dead

A bit more pet food/mulsum intensive than expected. Either that or because it was darksday and it was on crack, not sure. Need to go make some Mulsums and hopefully pop another 2 tomorrow.

No drops.
By Tgun 2013-12-04 20:47:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Menty said: »
We recently did the Arch Diabolos with Beastmaster, and two Summoners.

We managed to kill all the variations, Nox being quite fun.

The main advantage with Summoner is the Spike damage with blood pacts, turning boss pops like Nox away from the beast pets & saving death spells or three Nether blasts for 4k damage makes for a smoother battle.

For Beastmaters only Letum will be an easier kill, Somnus is simple reward wise though with it's defensive traits & use of Phalanx it's time and enmity that gets more interesting at 15%.

On a side note, what Axes do you use on your various accounts. Well, are your Falcor's iLvl 114?

If not I'd go play in Skirmish & grab some +1's or play with WKR Bee if they have access.

gl on your current goal Guttler,
Menty

Wondering if the preferred avatar was Diablos because of the 2x dark weather, or is there another recommended avatar to use?
 Bismarck.Guttler
By Bismarck.Guttler 2013-12-05 17:14:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally got a Letum test:
popped :53
:56- 85%
:58- death 1, 77%
:00- 60%
:02- 45%
:04- 35%
:05- death 2 25%
:06- 20%
:07 death 3,4,5 15% 2 pets left
:09 still 2 pets, 2m on 3rd call beast 9%
:10 4% still 2 pets
:11 dead ....no drops

Summary: Seems to cast death a lot lot lot less than Nox and is fairly squishy. So some times he might cast more death I guess, but he seems really blind and drain happy with the casting, so I'm optimistic that of the 4 different NMs, everything but Nox can be BST trio'd.
 Bismarck.Guttler
By Bismarck.Guttler 2013-12-05 17:47:57
Link | Quote | Reply

And another Umbra, cakewalk. Portus Ring... boooooo