BST Trio ZR II?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » BST Trio ZR II?
BST Trio ZR II?
 Bismarck.Guttler
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Cole
By Bismarck.Guttler 2013-11-14 20:32:04
Link | Quote | Reply

So, after getting a Hunaphu for 2 of my 3 BSTs, a guy was doing a random ZR II today that fell through, and that got me wondering. I had pretty much given up on getting the 45 Skadi piece to complete my feet/body +1s, but when looking over the walkup to get to the Hydras in ZR2 and get ranged, it looks entirely possible to get up to floor 5/6 and maybe with some creative sac'ing, get ranged and have 3 pets ready for the mini-hydra or the HQ hydra.

Anyone have any experience trying something like this, or even seen a 115 Falcor against one of the Hydras yet?
 Sylph.Azarus
Server: Sylph
user: Azarus
By Sylph.Azarus 2013-11-15 10:58:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, 115 Falcorr > Hydra. With Hunaphu you'll be able to more feasibly work your way up to the 5th floor for gear. On the 5th floor you might need to do some "creative sac'ing" or kiting depending on what you have unlocked already, as the Archaic machines are considerably tougher, and are more difficult to straight kill as a BST with only ~200 DEF(no gear), weapons and accessories. There's always the possibility when you first enter ZR that the first pole gives you one of head/body/hands/legs/feet, in which case you'll have a significantly easier time killing mobs than you would by having just an iLvl weapon.

As a testimony to your idea of going as BST x 3 to this run, I've had success with:
BST/DNC, BST/SCH, BST/SCH
--/SCH with Arts up for landing sleep, Dark Arts if you want to Manifestation it for a bad pull; helpful for the climb since pulling things 1 by 1 isn't always ideal. Accession Blink/Stoneskin/Regen II are really helpful for sustainment on floor 5+, by which time everyone should have JA/Subjob to optimize use of these spells.
--/DNC should always be tanking, keeping steps up, and popping a VFlourish as needed(i.e. on Restoral), or DFlourish+Charm if you need to kite.

You would be better off just bringing an actual support class and just 1-2 BST if using BST to do the killing, but the above works if your only options are BSTs.

For the odd KClub BST (or OAX)that's curious, this is much easier to manage as you'll always have TP for cures, and wont really have to worry about sleeping/kiting anywhere near as much if at all

Once you get past the first couple of Archaic Gear(s) on the 5th floor you'll be rolling along smoothly. Killing the gears without gear or pets is without doubt the hardest part of the climb if you're running with only BST. Hope this was helpful.
[+]
 Bismarck.Guttler
By Bismarck.Guttler 2013-11-15 18:36:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I have an underleveled KC, so we'll see how that goes compared to OA2-4 Ganelon. Going in on /DNC /DNC /SCH for my test run, now that I have my 3rd Hunaphu, so once someone gets a ranged, everything should be in the clear, wish me luck.
 Bismarck.Guttler
By Bismarck.Guttler 2013-11-15 19:26:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol, 5 fl popped NM on first reinforcements, on fl 6 with an hour left, trying to get ranged and get to a Hydra.
 Bismarck.Guttler
By Bismarck.Guttler 2013-11-15 20:21:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, after a couple learning experiences, I can figure you can reach fl6 hydra with 30+ minutes left, 3x Falcos tear it a new one in about 8 minutes.

Almost ran outta time (aka linen sorting with 5 seconds) cause of some dumb deaths and not really noting what time it was, Mega-Boss took about 9 minutes, had to jump in cause I forgot when I entered, lol.

So anyway, it might get hairy (aka store TP and spam waltz when you have to pull 3x gears at a time, but this is a joke to Hunaphu BST trios. Happy hunting, go get your skadi.
[+]
 Bismarck.Guttler
By Bismarck.Guttler 2013-11-19 21:34:42
Link | Quote | Reply

After a little more testing, the best route i've found for triple BSTing it is as follows:

1 fl: Kill a room of frogs and crawlers and 4 mamools, then go up.
2 fl: Unlock whatever HP/ja/SJ/etc. missing from lamp, go up.
3 fl: Skip all mobs, go up.
4 fl: Skip all mobs, go up.
5 fl: This and 6th fl are where I did some testing and came to the idea to just skip everything here as well (probably going to have to sac/RR to get to porter unless you got a lucky feet off the start).
6 fl: Between the previous floors, I make sure I have 300 TP on 2 BSTs. I then have the /SCH BST do SS-ga/etc buffs and engage one of the 2 ramparts. The rampart will pop a archaic gears for the other 2 BSTs to pull off and kill while the 3rd BST dies a glorious death in safe place with RR up. After killing that one gears, someone should have ranged, and it is simple. Have a Faclo start killing everything and join in when possible. Go kill the NQ Hydra, my kill times range from 8-14 minutes depending how many -physical shields it uses.
7 fl: Kill HQ, should take between 8-14, just like the NQ.

Textbook run like this, will get to NQ hydra with ~40 minutes left.

And there you have it, got 1/3 of my feet and 1/3 of my body pieces so far, and it's not that bad, happy hunting.