A Truly Holly ******* **** Exploit.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXIV » General » A truly holly ******* **** exploit.
A truly holly ******* **** exploit.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2013-10-11 23:04:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Another exploit - Wholly Unsecured Database

Found through a post on Mithra Pride
 Odin.Hirokei
Server: Odin
user: Kaisuko
By Odin.Hirokei 2013-10-11 23:19:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been seeing this since release. I thought it was just a visual bug when people changed jobs. lol
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-10-11 23:30:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I was expecting something Christmas-related.
[+]
By Zerowone 2013-10-11 23:33:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Lack of server side validations. Potential game life ending lapse of security. FFXI still has a chance afterall!!!!! Or the same flaw...
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2013-10-11 23:50:29
Link | Quote | Reply

No wonder gil prices dropped.
Server: Ultros
Game: FFXIV
user: Serj
By Ciri Zireael 2013-10-12 00:02:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Gil prices on Ultros have skyrocketed and HQ ilvl 70 gear dropped like a rock after the gil ban when people were temped. Nothing has changed in the past few days either. Going to keep an eye on it obviously, but basically don't buy HQ gear if their price increases until this is fixed. Only way it would really affect you.

Could sell philo materials if their price jumps up, profit a little bit from this lol.

Prices per 10 mil before the gil ban were at 80-120$, today it was 260-350$. Just for a comparison, only on Ultros as it's where I am.
 Sylph.Mirvana
Server: Sylph
user: Mirvana
By Sylph.Mirvana 2013-10-12 00:14:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Welp, time to get back to my "crafting" /shifty-eyes <.< >.>
By Mexicanknight 2013-10-12 04:19:15
Link | Quote | Reply

This ***hurt us the true crafters... it suxks that ppl do this for a living instead of actually finding a real job with their super minds lol... anyway a I got lots an lots of gils an they all been made legit so *** u rmt idiot :-)
 Cerberus.Eugene
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2013-10-12 05:51:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Rofl. Though given how ruthlessly they spent tracking down the sandworm dupers for like 8 months I'd recommend against trying this, but they knew how windower worked, this is nothing different.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2013-10-12 05:52:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Mexicanknight said: »
it suxks that ppl do this for a living instead of actually finding a real job with their super minds

And if they already have a "real job"? Why not make the extra money?

I got lots an lots of gils an they all been made legit

Because that'll matter if SE thinks it's not legit :D You'll still get banned/suspended with a gil reduction.

I'm not condoning what they did, but at the very least you could avoid making such ridiculous statements in protest of them and give them the "credit" they deserve - they found a major flaw that should never have left Alpha, let alone Beta. After reading a bit about it, it was doable in Beta4 - which means that for 2+ months now, it's been accessible. SE should have caught it with ease - their problem? They assume players aren't going to play with things they're not allowed. As someone else said (I forget which site I read it on) - SE should be hiring people to do precisely this. SE's QA "team" must be your basic guinea pig run, who only test the bare basics. Alternatively, they're unbelievably restrictive with their testing and refuse to take results from tests they didn't personally request.

When I was doing the testing modules of my first programming class, my lecturer told me that "You don't test a program to find problems, you test a program to break it". If you can't make it break, then you've either made a perfect program - or you're testing it wrong (and the former is next to impossible outside "Hello World!").
 Cerberus.Eugene
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2013-10-12 05:58:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hitetsu said: »
Quote:
it suxks that ppl do this for a living instead of actually finding a real job with their super minds

This isn't hard stuff they're doing, this could be discovered through an accidental command even.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-10-12 12:31:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hitetsu said: »
Quote:

^

I know several FFXI players who used to buy lots of expensive stuff thanks to their money making activities in-game that would help their already more than decent salary.
In this situation, you can make A LOT of money without any issue as SE will hardly ban you, or at least way too late.

Also, to add to this, if you store the money on your retainer, they have no way to scan it as proven by their ban wave that only hit people who stored their money on their character and not their retainer (and the retainers actually not being wiped at all for those banned, unlike their character).

If only SE wasn't so obsessed with stuff that should have been available a month ago such as server transfer and other basic stuff, they would have made a proper game. This is really shameful on them for overlooking this. This remind me of PSO, PSU and PSO2, games plagued by such exploits but these were F2P whereas here, you pay to take it up your rectum.

This is basically the ASE exploit taken to the next level. If nobody reported this, it would still be done nowadays.

By volkom 2013-10-12 12:51:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »

yesssssssssssssssssssssss that picture! soo cool