Haalp~, want to play FFXIV on PS3
 Lakshmi.Glaciont
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: glaciont
By Lakshmi.Glaciont 2013-10-10 20:23:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Need halp with this.. so confused.

I want to buy FFXIV for PS3, but i'm not sure how account linking works from PC to PS3. I bought FFXIV 1.0 when it was avaliable, so I'm not sure how that whole can of worms work also.... Furthermore if I wanted to switch to PC from PS3, do I have to buy a separate ARR code or? I know.. this is highly confusing.
By Quiznor 2013-10-10 21:18:19
Link | Quote | Reply

You bought 1.0 on pc so you automatically have a 2.0 PC account. You want to play on PS3 so you'll have to buy the PS3 software and add the PS3 access key (in the PS3 game box) to your SE account.
 Lakshmi.Glaciont
By Lakshmi.Glaciont 2013-10-10 21:28:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Sweet thanks. So I can play my PS3 account on PC if I do that than?
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
Server: Ragnarok
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2013-10-10 21:39:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, as long as you have a product key for each. I play in both.. They will link your account.
By Quiznor 2013-10-10 21:44:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Glaciont said: »
Sweet thanks. So I can play my PS3 account on PC if I do that than?

Yeah. Just make sure you add PS3 access to your PC account. An excessive number of retards can't follow simple instructions and made seperate accounts within their SE account. One of PS3 and one for PC.
 Lakshmi.Glaciont
By Lakshmi.Glaciont 2013-10-10 21:58:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Any tips for a PS3 user while we're on the topic?
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Gawdless
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2013-10-10 22:17:40
Link | Quote | Reply

upgrade to PS4 asap.
VIP
By Kalila 2013-10-11 13:15:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Pwolf Drkgawd said: »

upgrade to PS4 asap.
How can you upgrade to PS4 when FFXIV PS4 beta isn't until February 2014?
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2013-10-11 13:22:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalila said: »

upgrade to PS4 asap.
How can you upgrade to PS4 when FFXIV PS4 beta isn't until February 2014?

"Asap" means as soon as possible. <--- possible being the key word. so in this case it means when ffxiv comes out on ps4. whenever that is.

With the current issues with ffxiv large scale battles (FATES) are difficult on ps3 because of the huge lag and low memory. it would be almost impossible to do behemoth/odin unless you are a healer.

even with the tricks of turning off flying text, turning off names and battle effects. the ps3 still struggles with large fates.
VIP
By Kalila 2013-10-11 13:23:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I know what ASAP means, but he was asking for advice for PS3 users he could use now, not months from now.
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2013-10-11 13:36:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I know what ASAP means, but he was asking for advice for PS3 users he could use now, not months from now.

Well it really depends on what tips he is actually looking for to get a response. Does he need targeting tips? tips to get rid of lag? anyways I will give this link which helps all really. but can really help ps3 users when doing big fates.

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/1mxtzp/
 Lakshmi.Glaciont
By Lakshmi.Glaciont 2013-10-11 18:03:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Well it really depends on what tips he is actually looking for to get a response. Does he need targeting tips? tips to get rid of lag? anyways I will give this link which helps all really. but can really help ps3 users when doing big fates.

Anything really :). I started playing FFXI on PC so I never had a chance to experience console MMOs. It's confusing cause I gotta use a mouse and keyboard with a ps3 don't I?
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2013-10-11 18:08:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Anything really :). I started playing FFXI on PC so I never had a chance to experience console MMOs. It's confusing cause I gotta use a mouse and keyboard with a ps3 don't I?

you dont need to. i use just the gamepad when i play on ps3. though getting a kb is good for typing. but i dont think you have the option of KB/mouse for ps3. I think its locked into gamepad mode. not 100% on this. but pretty sure. gamepad isnt bad though. i even use it on pc. though i also have a couple extra crossbars for some stuff. but not battle related.
 Lakshmi.Glaciont
By Lakshmi.Glaciont 2013-10-11 18:56:08
Link | Quote | Reply

That should be ok for now. I haven't really decided on a server yet, not that I've got the game running, so I should be ok.

Do I have to put my key into my SE account first? Or into my PSN the first time?
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2013-10-11 19:03:27
Link | Quote | Reply

That should be ok for now. I haven't really decided on a server yet, not that I've got the game running, so I should be ok.

Do I have to put my key into my SE account first? Or into my PSN the first time?

Into to your account. then when you boot up the launcher on you ps3 it will tell you you have to link your PSN account to your SE account. after that you are done.
 Lakshmi.Glaciont
By Lakshmi.Glaciont 2013-10-11 20:40:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Done....... now for account creation 8)