Shut 'em Down!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Shut 'em down!
Shut 'em down!
First Page 2 3 ... 93 94 95 ... 99 100 101
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-31 14:20:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »

I mean you realize you live in the United STATES of America right? 50 states each freely theoretically able to govern themselves to their own liking? Not dependent on a centralized power?

You are confusing the defining principles of United States of America with the defining principles of the Articles of Confederation and Perpetual Union.

Edit: I claim this page in the name of Halloween Candy issuing Obama.

Notice the Star Wars and Funny pointed white hats in the background!
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
Server: Siren
user: Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-31 14:20:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
It is from the ACA though no matter how they spin it. The ACA deemed plans unacceptable. It made plans illegal the millions of Americans were happy with and paying on their own. The administration knew for years millions would lose plans and lied over and over that "if you like your plan you can keep it... period." HHS Secretary testified yesterday that even a deductible change as small as 5 dollars meant that the health care plan could not be grandfathered under the law. Even in such a blatant lie I cannot believe people still defend him.
/sigh

listen ok... I already agreed with you... I said that it was wrong that he declared that you could keep the same policy and he should be held accountable for that... how you want to do that idk... think of something fun... but just so I can say it again for you... It was wrong... I'm not defending him for saying that and not coming through...

Still with me? Ok... There are definitely some policies that are being cancelled due to the fact that they don't meet the requirements for the ACA... This does bother me... if people want policies that only cover one or two things they should be able to... I mean... we allow people to pay a fine so they don't have any coverage? Why can't we have policies that don't have full coverage? I'm with you on this...

Here's where you turn a blind eye to everything... your distaste for the bill seems to cloud your mind from seeing that there are other people using this as a cover... cutting policies that are complient because they want to get them off of their coverage and onto the exchange... blaming it on ACA even though it isn't because of the ACA... is this all of them? No, it is not. It's happening more than you think it is though and people just take it because they think there is nothing they can do about it as its not the company doing it to them but someone else... My gripe is with this... You can get all the profits you want for all I care... don't take advantage of a situation then shift the blame onto something else...
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-10-31 14:22:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Nonono I hear you just fine but you continue to plug your ears whenever I bring up the fact that the policies lost because they don't conform to the new standards represent a potential loss of revenue. You see it but you say "well those lost customers shouldn't affect the bottom line in the very least...."

How can you just ignore the effect that potential loss of revenue has on the entire company? The company has to plan to have less paying customers (that they wanted) next year than this one. You don't need to work at a 50 million dollar company to understand that .5% profit on 50 million revenue is less than .4% profit on 30 million.
This ignores the potential increase in revenue from having a swath of new customers due to the individual mandate.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-10-31 14:23:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Actually, you do. As an american you were born with the original american sins of our forefathers including, but not limited to... slavery, extermination of indigenous populations, witch hunting, cross burning, train robbing, share cropping, monopolizing, attempting to assassinate fidel castro, ruining the middle east, nuking japan, killing Vietnamese people, I don't have time for the rest of the list.

Not only are you guilty of everything that has happened... You are also guilty of everything we are doing now and everything we will do in the future.

That's why all the real liberals move to paris! Je Ne Parle Pas Anglais!!!

Planning on burning my American passport just for Nausi/Aman/King to join a jihadist cell so I can make videos condemning the United States, daring Obama to drone me and then finishing it off with plugging this site. Failing that I'll head to Scandanavia and live in liberal utopia. Catch ya on the flipside!

"Death to America... and be sure to visit FFXIAH.com for all your Final Fantasy, Random Thought and Political+Religion discussions."

I'm guilty of absolutely nothing. My parents are from a former British holding, their parents were subsistence farmers and laborers with a dash of poverty just about *** everywhere. It has fascinated me reading American history because well, I'm an American! See, here's my pet bald eagle - Freedom. I even know the entire Star Spangled Banner by heart!

Thanks, Obama.
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-31 14:25:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Flavin said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Both parties do all three. If you want to disprove crony capitalism, do show where Republicans refused to engage in such behavior cause I want you to talk about Iraq then.
I didn't say that conservatives deal mainly on crony capitalism, but I do say that liberals do. That is all they know. At least with conservatives, we know the difference between controlled and free markets...
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
I still wanna know why the ACA and exchanges were created by a Republican think tank and adopted by a former presidential candidate in his state if they were such anathema.
Because of the size of those affected and the ability for those who didn't want it to be able to leave. It is much harder to leave the USA than it is to leave MA.
So its alright to force someone out of a state if they don't want it but not the country... got it... or did I miss a sarcasm tag? because yeah... its super easy for everyone to just pick up and leave their life because they don't like something lol...
Better to find out if an experiment would work by affecting a very small portion of the nation instead of the entire nation as a whole. That way, if it's ***, at least you don't have to force it to those who don't want it, and you can stop the experiment and it would be easier to transition back to the older, better method.
Aree you kidding me? so you're ok with forcing ***down some peoples throats just to test the waters? Shouldn't you just adopt the stance that you usually take and say that they shouldn't force them to get a product either? It still doesn't really reply to the other question you were asked about it being conservative legislation all you did was say that its better to test it out on some than all...
He's not agreeing with shoving anything down peoples throats. States are suppose to be where most of this stuff should happen. That way a smaller more local population can tune their own programmatic needs onto themselves. I live in MA, I don't particularly like our healthcare system but at least I have a more local and direct influence on it here in my state than I do with the ACA on the national scale. I mean you realize you live in the United STATES of America right? 50 states each freely theoretically able to govern themselves to their own liking? Not dependent on a centralized power?
And they are all also affected by federal law...

I just don't get why there's this lack of outrage with the ACA but if you do it on a smaller scale its like well it doesn't affect as many people so its ok to try it out here... shouldn't you still hold the stance that any kind of government should not force you to get any product?
 Siren.Mosin
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2013-10-31 14:27:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm guilty of absolutely nothing

I highly doubt that.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-10-31 14:29:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
I'm guilty of absolutely nothing

I highly doubt that.

I'm guilty of being an ignorant fool who lapped up media reports and what I was taught in school. I'm currently serving a life sentence of trying to peel back the truth and realize that I've been living in the Galactic Empire with Chancellor Obama instilling tyranny across the galaxy. Currently reading:

The Fountainhead
The Communist Manifesto
50 Shades of Gray

:/
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-31 14:30:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Edit: I claim this page in the name of Halloween Candy issuing Obama.

Notice the Star Wars and Funny pointed white hats in the background!

those look like healthy snacks!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

THANKS OBAMA!!!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-10-31 14:34:18
Link | Quote | Reply

What's Obamas costume supposed to be? Fred Rogers? WORST PRESIDENT EVER. I remember this one time Reagan dressed up as Freedom and Democracy as all the children burst into tears of patriotic joy.

And what is Michelle wearing?! Did no one tell her that animal prints are just dreadful? And whats with those Easter baskets? Can't the government get with the program and get some Jack 'O Lanterns? I'm being crushed under taxes here and these clowns cant even do a photo op properly.

THANKS OBAMA.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-31 14:34:44
Link | Quote | Reply

There was always that one jerk that handed out tooth brushes or healthy snacks at halloween...

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-10-31 14:36:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Healthy snacks? Unleash the frozen eggs. Aim for the windows for massive damage and toilet paper the place before falling back.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-31 14:39:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Healthy snacks? Unleash the frozen eggs. Aim for the windows for massive damage and toilet paper the place before falling back.

The best part was everyone else had the exact same idea....

jerks entire house and yard buried under a thick white blanket of toilet paper...
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-31 14:42:09
Link | Quote | Reply

The best part was everyone else had the exact same idea....

jerks entire house and yard buried under a thick white blanket of toilet paper...
Bonus for raining that evening.

For those nights, you splurged and got the good ***, the quilted kind that sticks to the trees and bushes for days/weeks afterwards.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-31 14:42:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Squishytaru said: »
What's Obamas costume supposed to be? Fred Rogers? WORST PRESIDENT EVER. I remember this one time Reagan dressed up as Freedom and Democracy as all the children burst into tears of patriotic joy.

And what is Michelle wearing?! Did no one tell her that animal prints are just dreadful? And whats with those Easter baskets? Can't the government get with the program and get some Jack 'O Lanterns? I'm being crushed under taxes here and these clowns cant even do a photo op properly.

THANKS OBAMA.

Nausi and kingnonsense sabotaged the photo op because it's Obama's fault.
Nausi was Chewbacca, I was the stormtrooper.
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-31 14:49:10
Link | Quote | Reply

you don't even know if these companies you're defending are in the black or red or why they're making the decisions they do... you just think the ACA is terrible and work off that assumption applying that to every argument... no corporations are doing anything shady! it is on Obama and his nation destroying healthcare system!
You don't know if they're in the black or the red either! If you're guilty of assuming they want to make money, you're right! There's nothing wrong with that. Why do YOU get up and goto work everyday? They are players in the game whose rules are set by the government, don't hate the player.
You aren't listening at all... you read like one sentance and then just respond however you want... I didn't say don't do it... though I do think it better if they didn't... but I said DO NOT BLAME IT ON THE ACA IF ITS NOT ACTUALLY DUE TO THE ACA... TELL THEM YOU'RE DOING IT TO INCREASE PROFITS... Does that make it clearer for you? I know a lot better than you do... like I said I work in the industry... I see the practices first hand... I'm there for some of these conversations... Also I think you skipped over Jass' personal experience with the misrepresntations... If you want more money go for it... don't blow smoke up my *** and blame someone else for the change though... people are more likely to just eat it and move on if they think the company had nothing to do with it... less likely to challenge anything...
Nonono I hear you just fine but you continue to plug your ears whenever I bring up the fact that the policies lost because they don't conform to the new standards represent a potential loss of revenue. You see it but you say "well those lost customers shouldn't affect the bottom line in the very least...." How can you just ignore the effect that potential loss of revenue has on the entire company? The company has to plan to have less paying customers (that they wanted) next year than this one. You don't need to work at a 50 million dollar company to understand that .5% profit on 50 million revenue is less than .4% profit on 30 million.
So just to clarify here... you do understand that every policy cancelled was not due to legal specifications laid out by the ACA?

And your argument is they have to get rid of these underperforming policies just to stay profitable as a company because every policy they did have that the ACA nixed were profitable for them and they must make up for it now?

That makes the assumption that the policies that are being nixed by the ACA were all profitable for them... It also ignore the potential influx of policies that will come their way... Your whole argument is based upon assumptions... unfounded ones too... I'm not saying this is true either but for all you know it could have helped them get rid of a bunch of policies they didn't want anymore buy giving them a reason to...

In any case some are still being dishonest about the way they are going about it and their reasons for doing it... You don't really hear many coming out and saying they got cancelled because they can't stay afloat without it... they say they do it because the ACA legally forced them to drop the policies...
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-10-31 14:56:13
Link | Quote | Reply

The Fountainhead
The Communist Manifesto
50 Shades of Gray

things I would like to see added to your list:

Mein Kampf

Media Control

The book of Mormon
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2013-10-31 14:59:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »

Nonono I hear you just fine but you continue to plug your ears whenever I bring up the fact that the policies lost because they don't conform to the new standards represent a potential loss of revenue. You see it but you say "well those lost customers shouldn't affect the bottom line in the very least...."

How can you just ignore the effect that potential loss of revenue has on the entire company? The company has to plan to have less paying customers (that they wanted) next year than this one. You don't need to work at a 50 million dollar company to understand that .5% profit on 50 million revenue is less than .4% profit on 30 million.
This ignores the potential increase in revenue from having a swath of new customers due to the individual mandate.

Insurance is MORE expensive now due to the increased coverage levels so people who weren't covered before now are paying more money for a product they didn't want to buy before in the first place. Maybe they'll be lucky and qualify for a subsidy and maybe that subsidy will kick them down into a level where the reduced cost is something they'll be able to afford. Or maybe they'll just skip out and pay the fine.

Hell, if they're poor enough, the system will kick them onto medicaid the vast majority of accounts made on the site have produced such a result so far.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say increased revenue from the individual mandate isn't as much of a "sure thing" as you think it is. Don't think this isn't know by those in the insurance industry, and don't think they haven't already reacted that way.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-31 15:01:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Insurance is MORE expensive now due to the increased coverage levels so people who weren't covered before now are paying more money for a product they didn't want to buy before in the first place. Maybe they'll be lucky and qualify for a subsidy and maybe that subsidy will kick them down into a level where the reduced cost is something they'll be able to afford. Or maybe they'll just skip out and pay the fine.

Hell, if they're poor enough, the system will kick them onto medicaid the vast majority of accounts made on the site have produced such a result so far.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say increased revenue from the individual mandate isn't as much of a "sure thing" as you think it is. Don't think this isn't know by those in the insurance industry, and don't think they haven't already reacted that way.

Soooooooo..what you're saying is "don't think"?

got it.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-31 15:03:46
Link | Quote | Reply

can you read the anarchist cookbook without being waterboarded at gitmo?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2013-10-31 15:04:04
Link | Quote | Reply

you don't even know if these companies you're defending are in the black or red or why they're making the decisions they do... you just think the ACA is terrible and work off that assumption applying that to every argument... no corporations are doing anything shady! it is on Obama and his nation destroying healthcare system!
You don't know if they're in the black or the red either! If you're guilty of assuming they want to make money, you're right! There's nothing wrong with that. Why do YOU get up and goto work everyday? They are players in the game whose rules are set by the government, don't hate the player.
You aren't listening at all... you read like one sentance and then just respond however you want... I didn't say don't do it... though I do think it better if they didn't... but I said DO NOT BLAME IT ON THE ACA IF ITS NOT ACTUALLY DUE TO THE ACA... TELL THEM YOU'RE DOING IT TO INCREASE PROFITS... Does that make it clearer for you? I know a lot better than you do... like I said I work in the industry... I see the practices first hand... I'm there for some of these conversations... Also I think you skipped over Jass' personal experience with the misrepresntations... If you want more money go for it... don't blow smoke up my *** and blame someone else for the change though... people are more likely to just eat it and move on if they think the company had nothing to do with it... less likely to challenge anything...
Nonono I hear you just fine but you continue to plug your ears whenever I bring up the fact that the policies lost because they don't conform to the new standards represent a potential loss of revenue. You see it but you say "well those lost customers shouldn't affect the bottom line in the very least...." How can you just ignore the effect that potential loss of revenue has on the entire company? The company has to plan to have less paying customers (that they wanted) next year than this one. You don't need to work at a 50 million dollar company to understand that .5% profit on 50 million revenue is less than .4% profit on 30 million.
So just to clarify here... you do understand that every policy cancelled was not due to legal specifications laid out by the ACA?

And your argument is they have to get rid of these underperforming policies just to stay profitable as a company because every policy they did have that the ACA nixed were profitable for them and they must make up for it now?

That makes the assumption that the policies that are being nixed by the ACA were all profitable for them... It also ignore the potential influx of policies that will come their way... Your whole argument is based upon assumptions... unfounded ones too... I'm not saying this is true either but for all you know it could have helped them get rid of a bunch of policies they didn't want anymore buy giving them a reason to...

In any case some are still being dishonest about the way they are going about it and their reasons for doing it... You don't really hear many coming out and saying they got cancelled because they can't stay afloat without it... they say they do it because the ACA legally forced them to drop the policies...

When the administration is bulling some to keep quiet about the roll out results, would it be surprising to learn that others wouldn't want to publicly contradict the president?

YouTube Video Placeholder

Are you really so willfully obtuse as to always extend the government the benefit of the doubt?
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-10-31 15:05:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you still basing these increases on that bogus Heritage "study"? If you have any other supporting information I'd be happy to read it. I'm not saying that the potential for increases doesn't exist, but pretending that an entire country of customers isn't a potential boon is being totally one-sided.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-31 15:10:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Again you gotta listen to that last 20 seconds of the video to see that it was sensational hype.

They keep quiet because the biggest source of income is the Federal Government. And you guys act like you know a thing about business.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-10-31 15:10:53
Link | Quote | Reply

can you read the anarchist cookbook without being waterboarded at gitmo?

you can but then you're definitely on a list.
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-31 15:12:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Insurance is MORE expensive now due to the increased coverage levels so people who weren't covered before now are paying more money for a product they didn't want to buy before in the first place. Maybe they'll be lucky and qualify for a subsidy and maybe that subsidy will kick them down into a level where the reduced cost is something they'll be able to afford. Or maybe they'll just skip out and pay the fine. Hell, if they're poor enough, the system will kick them onto medicaid the vast majority of accounts made on the site have produced such a result so far. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say increased revenue from the individual mandate isn't as much of a "sure thing" as you think it is. Don't think this isn't know by those in the insurance industry, and don't think they haven't already reacted that way.
By everything that you've posted so far you have no idea how the insurance industry knows and why they are reacting the way they are... more likely you watched some conservative leaning talk show or read an article and made a decision based on assumptions you made from that...

even your arguments here don't really support your what your trying to say... all your saying now is that people will be paying the insurance companies more money and that some of them will get subsidies which still means that the insurance companies will get their money... then you make an unfounded assumption that everyone seeking to get these policies needs this health insurance to go to the doctor right away and get something taken care of...

You've taken a stance on something that you truly don't understand... don't worry I've been there too... and you make statements like you've been to the future know how this affects people and companies and that its just all bad news... more expensive for everyone and everywhere! you ignore the whole other side of this...
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-31 15:16:11
Link | Quote | Reply

lol what a joke...

It has nothing to do with being wilfully obtuse or giving the government the benefit of the doubt... This has to do with the actually possibilities and how this is actually affecting people and companies...

you've already made up your mind that its a bad thing before it even started and refuse to accept any other possibility as any kind of truth... you're being wilfully ignorant and closeminded...
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-10-31 15:22:55
Link | Quote | Reply

So he talked to one guy, a guy works as a consultant to insurance agencies and a guy the reported admits is a vocal critic of Obama, then filled the rest of his on-air time with quite obviously prepared talking points.

A+ journalism CNN, as always.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2013-10-31 15:25:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Flavin states no one says they're dropping policies because of how the ACA affects their bottom line

Nausi posts video of CNN interview citing threats of strong-arming and bullying of insurance companies by the administration if they don't tow the line.

Flavin: "What a joke!"

Par for the course in the FFXIAH political forum. What? Obama and his administration could never do such a thing?
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-10-31 15:26:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you sincerely think that is an honest and thorough piece of journalism?
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 93 94 95 ... 99 100 101