Shut 'em Down!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Shut 'em down!
Shut 'em down!
First Page 2 3 ... 91 92 93 ... 99 100 101
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-31 12:41:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Flavin said: »
Whether he was forced out or not you just said that only the libs allow em to step down like that lol... the only reason I'm sticking on this is to point out that there really isn't that much of a difference between the way the parties operate... they just have different goals... or should I say that their interests on certain policies are so far apart that it pulls them away from even working on things they agree on unless its one of those slam dunk everyone loves a puppy policies...

Dude he is GONE! Michael D. Brown is who we are talking about for those wondering. He didn't just step down and move to another department. He is GONE, like See ya, wouldn't want to be ya. you'll never work in this town again!!!

Gone
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-31 12:42:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
I don't necassarily agree that anyone who makes a mistake like this on the conservative front gets tha axe right away without question...
There is certainly nepotism among conservatives, sure. But Nixon was brutal and Reagan was no slouch either in that department. he fired 11,000 air traffic controllers without batting an eyelash.
Nopotism is rampant among the government... I especially feel that sting sharply here in Illinois... but you make it seem like the conservative front is about nothing but results and mistakes are met either with swift punishment or termination... that's just not how it works... politics in general is covering peoples *** until you can't do it anymore... then you make apologies and hope some other scandal or tradgey hits so people forget about it or you do end up getting rid of em... pubs and dems aren't much different in that respect...
I don't think we need to do either extremes in my honest opinion.

First off, if you are hired to do a job, you better well know how to do it. If it shows you don't know how to do your job, then you need to be replaced.

Secondly, if you are showing progress, and something happens beyond your own control, then you shouldn't have to be asked to step down or get canned. I'll even go a little further and say some small portion of ineptness would be allowed if your actual benefit for the government is that much greater than the liability you caused on a small number of times. If the overall benefit outweighs the liability of a few mistakes, then why should I fire you? Just don't let those liabilities increase.

I don't get the whole liberal loyalist idea that, if you are loyal to the guy up top and swear your everlasting allegiance of the liberal party of America, you deserve a spot that many people are more qualified to hold. Why not put your best people in the best positions? What's wrong with that?
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2013-10-31 12:42:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Carter is the best post-Presidential President we've had. He wasn't a very good president but I'd be lying if I didn't like the man as a person.
Obama, the first black president of the united states. a wild rambling analysis that nobody has time for.
I don't necassarily agree that anyone who makes a mistake like this on the conservative front gets tha axe right away without question... Edit: also, you make it seem like conservatives just do everything better... and liberals well we tried something nice guys... it may or may not work out...
"Heckuva job Brownie" resigned did he not? Now we can argue he did of his own independent will or we can all agree someone tapped him on the shoulder and said "it's time to bow out". The liberal mantra of "oh well we had good intentions" is all over this thread. Those who point out the falsehood of "if you like your plan, you can keep it", is responded to with "well you get better coverage now so it's ok". Conservatives don't advocate their programs will work better because they're conservatives, they argue for less programs because they know government can't really run anything better than you can yourself.
So what your saying is in oppostion to what Nik posted? He said the libs let em stay on or step down and pubs just fried em on the spot... you're saying he was allowed to step down and was not fired... soo yeah...

I said I agreed that it was wrong... my only thing was that not all the policies people are being tossed off of are because of legal reasons defined in the ACA... They were reactionary to the ACA... They were not legally required to cancel all the policies that they did but it is and was wrong to make people think they could keep their policies when they couldn't...

Conservatives argue for the programs that benefit them just like dems do... the only thing pubs want to decrease in government is stuff that they're against... I wouldn't mind decreasing the amount we spend on welfare and an assortment of other things but no one wants to get a plan in order to change anything... just give money on one side and take it away on the other...

This bears repeating:

There are two parties, and two ends of the liberal - conservative spectrum. These are different concepts all republicans are not conservatives, there are liberal ones in there too. All democrats don't have to be liberal but I would argue there are very few if not 0 conservative democrats elected today.

Liberalism wants to take control from you. Conservatism wants to give it back to you.

-----------------------------

As far as insurance cancellations are concerned. If company X HAS to cut policies because the government changed the rules, then company X HAS to make sure the remaining policies that it holds continue to keep it running in the black. If Obamacare forces a company to throw off policies that were working perfectly fine before, they have to react to that missing revenue. They could very likely do it by shrugging off higher risk policies in the remaining pool in order to stay in the black the following year.

You continue to blame the players for trying to win the game based on the new rules and not the referee for setting the rules.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-31 12:47:42
Link | Quote | Reply

THE BERLIN WALL OF TEXT.
[/spoiler]

How so?

Edit: give me a week and I will get back to you on the rest of it lol
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-31 12:49:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Great Text Wall of China!!! My eyes are bleeding.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-10-31 12:56:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Great Text Wall of China!!! My eyes are bleeding.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-31 12:56:53
Link | Quote | Reply

THE BERLIN WALL OF TEXT.
[/spoiler]

How so?

Edit: give me a week and I will get back to you on the rest of it lol
It would take way too long to respond, but this is a summary of it:
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-10-31 12:58:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Congrats, you just summed up this 92 page behemoth.

I award you the Nobel Peace Prize. Now please, get to solving Israel/Palestine, for all our sakes.
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
Server: Siren
user: Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-31 13:02:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
I don't necassarily agree that anyone who makes a mistake like this on the conservative front gets tha axe right away without question...
There is certainly nepotism among conservatives, sure. But Nixon was brutal and Reagan was no slouch either in that department. he fired 11,000 air traffic controllers without batting an eyelash.
Nopotism is rampant among the government... I especially feel that sting sharply here in Illinois... but you make it seem like the conservative front is about nothing but results and mistakes are met either with swift punishment or termination... that's just not how it works... politics in general is covering peoples *** until you can't do it anymore... then you make apologies and hope some other scandal or tradgey hits so people forget about it or you do end up getting rid of em... pubs and dems aren't much different in that respect...
I don't think we need to do either extremes in my honest opinion. First off, if you are hired to do a job, you better well know how to do it. If it shows you don't know how to do your job, then you need to be replaced. Secondly, if you are showing progress, and something happens beyond your own control, then you shouldn't have to be asked to step down or get canned. I'll even go a little further and say some small portion of ineptness would be allowed if your actual benefit for the government is that much greater than the liability you caused on a small number of times. If the overall benefit outweighs the liability of a few mistakes, then why should I fire you? Just don't let those liabilities increase. I don't get the whole liberal loyalist idea that, if you are loyal to the guy up top and swear your everlasting allegiance of the liberal party of America, you deserve a spot that many people are more qualified to hold. Why not put your best people in the best positions? What's wrong with that?
The reason shes in office isn't due to loyalty... I touched on part of the reason a page back...

Edit: also, it isn't that she doesn't know how to do her job... it's that she failed on getting the ACA rollout to go smoothly... This isn't the only facet of her job...
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2013-10-31 13:04:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I award you the Nobel Peace Prize. Now please, get to solving Israel/Palestine, for all our sakes.

Nuke Palestine, problem solved!
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-31 13:08:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Could we stop conflating the healthcare.gov insurance plan exchange website (an over glorified Travelocity made by a Canadian firm that was fired by the government of Canada for sucking) with the actual roll out of the ACA?

They are two very different things.

If the actual ACA roll out was shoddy KingNobody wouldn't have had updates to his precious IRC.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-31 13:09:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Screw that, I'll go full Nikolce and take over the world. Execute anyone who disagree with me or has a (D) next to their name. That will solve most of the world's problems in a heartbeat.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-31 13:10:13
Link | Quote | Reply

If the actual ACA roll out was shoddy KingNobody wouldn't have had updates to his precious IRC.
Naw, just worthless rules and regulations that we have been receiving....oh wai..
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-31 13:10:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Screw that, I'll go full Nikolce and take over the world. Execute anyone who disagree with me or has a (D) next to their name. That will solve most of the world's problems in a heartbeat.

And this is why nobody wants you to have an ounce of authority. But it does explain everything about the tone of 99.99% of your posts from yesterday.
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-31 13:10:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Carter is the best post-Presidential President we've had. He wasn't a very good president but I'd be lying if I didn't like the man as a person.
Obama, the first black president of the united states. a wild rambling analysis that nobody has time for.
I don't necassarily agree that anyone who makes a mistake like this on the conservative front gets tha axe right away without question... Edit: also, you make it seem like conservatives just do everything better... and liberals well we tried something nice guys... it may or may not work out...
"Heckuva job Brownie" resigned did he not? Now we can argue he did of his own independent will or we can all agree someone tapped him on the shoulder and said "it's time to bow out". The liberal mantra of "oh well we had good intentions" is all over this thread. Those who point out the falsehood of "if you like your plan, you can keep it", is responded to with "well you get better coverage now so it's ok". Conservatives don't advocate their programs will work better because they're conservatives, they argue for less programs because they know government can't really run anything better than you can yourself.
So what your saying is in oppostion to what Nik posted? He said the libs let em stay on or step down and pubs just fried em on the spot... you're saying he was allowed to step down and was not fired... soo yeah... I said I agreed that it was wrong... my only thing was that not all the policies people are being tossed off of are because of legal reasons defined in the ACA... They were reactionary to the ACA... They were not legally required to cancel all the policies that they did but it is and was wrong to make people think they could keep their policies when they couldn't... Conservatives argue for the programs that benefit them just like dems do... the only thing pubs want to decrease in government is stuff that they're against... I wouldn't mind decreasing the amount we spend on welfare and an assortment of other things but no one wants to get a plan in order to change anything... just give money on one side and take it away on the other...
This bears repeating: There are two parties, and two ends of the liberal - conservative spectrum. These are different concepts all republicans are not conservatives, there are liberal ones in there too. All democrats don't have to be liberal but I would argue there are very few if not 0 conservative democrats elected today. Liberalism wants to take control from you. Conservatism wants to give it back to you. ----------------------------- As far as insurance cancellations are concerned. If company X HAS to cut policies because the government changed the rules, then company X HAS to make sure the remaining policies that it holds continue to keep it running in the black. If Obamacare forces a company to throw off policies that were working perfectly fine before, they have to react to that missing revenue. They could very likely do it by shrugging off higher risk policies in the remaining pool in order to stay in the black the following year. You continue to blame the players for trying to win the game based on the new rules and not the referee for setting the rules.
Conservatives look to their own agenda... it truly isn't all about giving the reins back to the people... they still try to limit what you can do based on their own moral system and nothing else... so just stop...

As for insurance coverage you're operating off the fals assumption that they need to get rid of these policies to remain in the black... you're just wrong... I work in the industry and I see it with my own eyes... they're using it as an opportunity to go farther into the black... It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't blame it on the ACA and use that as their smokescreen... but just like the government they like to hide behind smokescreens to avoid to much attention and deflect as much of it as you can elsewhere lol... You're working completely off assumptions here though... you don't even know if these companies you're defending are in the black or red or why they're making the decisions they do... you just think the ACA is terrible and work off that assumption applying that to every argument... no corporations are doing anything shady! it is on Obama and his nation destroying healthcare system!
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-10-31 13:11:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I still wanna know why the ACA and exchanges were created by a Republican think tank and adopted by a former presidential candidate in his state if they were such anathema.
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-31 13:11:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't I hear the pub running for governor was trying to outlaw oral sex? lol...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-31 13:12:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't I hear the pub running for governor was trying to outlaw oral sex? lol...

Ken Cuccinelli of Virginia.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-31 13:12:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Let me break it down for you...

1.) Clinton was a better politician than carter, no offense to either of them. Arkansas politics are a lot meaner than georgia (at the time they were both serving)

2.) GHWB had a wealth of experience but not in running a state. Which I think is crucial in his inability to juggle foreign and domestic affairs at the same time.

3.) Obama kicked Hillary's *** and she had the same advantages he had.
that he won against McCain wasn't the climax of the movie.

4.) Nixon hired thugs! There isn't anyone in the obama administration that has balls like g gordan liddy. They don't hardly make them like him any more...

5.)Powell would have done a better job. Period. She wasn't the best person for the job.

6.)Refer to what happened to "brownie" he disappeared off the face of the earth

7.)historically speaking, we will see who is right in ten years

8.) I don't think there is anything obama could do that would overshadow the first black president accomplishment or undermine it.
it works both ways.

9.)Bush II wasn't a conservative.

10.) conservatives think of everything like it's a business with accounting books and stock prices. up is good, down is bad, the business of america is business, I don't think that's dishonest
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-10-31 13:14:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like a protest is in order. Who's ready to receive a *** then go to jail? Nothing like a little civil disobedience.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-31 13:14:38
Link | Quote | Reply

And this is why nobody wants you to have an ounce of authority. But it does explain everything about the tone of 99.99% of your posts from yesterday.
Did I forget the sarcasm tag again? Damn it.

Ok, so that was sarcasm, I thought that was obvious enough for even you to realize, but I guess not...
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-31 13:15:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow.. I thought I wouldn't need a sarcasm tag for that post.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-31 13:16:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I still wanna know why the ACA and exchanges were created by a Republican think tank and adopted by a former presidential candidate in his state if they were such anathema.
Because of the size of those affected and the ability for those who didn't want it to be able to leave.

It is much harder to leave the USA than it is to leave MA.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-31 13:17:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I sometimes forget who I'm talking to. I'll try to dumb it down for you next time.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-31 13:18:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Because of the size of those affected and the ability for those who didn't want it to be able to leave.

It is much harder to leave the USA than it is to leave MA.

I believe he is refering to the fact that Obama totally took the ACA from the Heritage Foundation's "Bob Dole Care" and spiced it up with a hint of Romneycare.

It's like people forget this health care reform was a platform the Repbulicans stood on in opposition to HillaryCare which was employer provided health care.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-31 13:19:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I sometimes forget who I'm talking to. I'll try to dumb it down for you next time.

sounds like you need some of this:

Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-31 13:21:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ken Cuccinelli of Virginia.
Conservatives... working to give you control back... by controlling your sex life... You better not be wearing a condom!

Pubs are just a different kind of ridiculous...
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-10-31 13:22:41
Link | Quote | Reply

10.) conservatives think of everything like it's a business with accounting books and stock prices. up is good, down is bad, the business of america is business, I don't think that's dishonest

So more crony capitalism, corporate bailouts and warmongering. Got it.

Both Republicans and Democrats are business-oriented. Healthcare for citizens being such a huge source of contention when we blew billions on wars we lost is hilarious in how out of touch the country has become.

Billions on death but *** programs that promote life. It's no wonder our education system is going downhill, our priorities are in
fine
order.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-31 13:23:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like you got plenty to give to me.

How much for 1?
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-31 13:23:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I need the adult strength formula :(
<-old
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 91 92 93 ... 99 100 101