Shut 'em Down!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Shut 'em down!
Shut 'em down!
First Page 2 3 ... 90 91 92 ... 99 100 101
 Siren.Flavin
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-31 09:55:19
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone else see that Rand Paul speech where he copy pasted from the wiki page for the movie Gattica in support of Cucinelli in speaking against abortion?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2013-10-31 09:56:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Flavin said: »
You think Oligopolies would be a good thing?

Compared to what?
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-31 09:59:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Compared to what?
As compared to what we have now...

Edit: Personally I don't think they're ever the right way to go...
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2013-10-31 10:14:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Compared to what?
As compared to what we have now...

Edit: Personally I don't think they're ever the right way to go...

That's an incredibly broad statement, you'll have to be a tad bit more specific. WE have several oligopolies in various economic sectors today, as well as several government backed monopolies. I'd rather shop at a mall than a single store.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-10-31 10:23:43
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone else see that Rand Paul speech where he copy pasted from the wiki page for the movie Gattica in support of Cucinelli in speaking against abortion?

Everyone sources wikipedia, everyone eventually brings up Hitler, everyone agrees that Congress is so out of touch they might as well be from a parallel universe.

After Herman Cain quoted Pokemon, nothing surprises me anymore.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-31 10:37:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Carter is the best post-Presidential President we've had. He wasn't a very good president but I'd be lying if I didn't like the man as a person.

Obama, the first black president of the united states. a wild rambling analysis that nobody has time for.
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-31 10:42:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Compared to what?
As compared to what we have now... Edit: Personally I don't think they're ever the right way to go...
That's an incredibly broad statement, you'll have to be a tad bit more specific. WE have several oligopolies in various economic sectors today, as well as several government backed monopolies. I'd rather shop at a mall than a single store.
/sigh
 Siren.Mosin
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2013-10-31 10:46:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
a wild rambling analysis that nobody has time for.

I had time, & appreciated it.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-31 11:29:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Obama, the first black president of the united states. a wild rambling analysis that nobody has time for.
I can't believe how true that is.

Yeah, I don't understand why people should consider "good intentions" as good enough to succeed. They aren't. They are what is driving innovation and progress out of our reach, because "good intentions" are not good enough. Healthcare.org is a prime example, it was done with "good intentions" but it will not work on those "good intentions."

Nothing will ever get done if our measure of success is "good intentions."

But I'm willing to bet good money that "good intentions" will go out of the door the first moment that they aren't good enough for any of our liberal friends here. I'll even provide an example of how "good intentions" aren't good enough, I just need a volunteer brave enough....
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-31 11:43:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

It's a fundamental difference in the way people look at the world. Conversely, they don't understand why all you care about is "results". You cold analytical ***....
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-31 11:48:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Carter is the best post-Presidential President we've had. He wasn't a very good president but I'd be lying if I didn't like the man as a person.
I don't necassarily agree that anyone who makes a mistake like this on the conservative front gets tha axe right away without question...

Edit: also, you make it seem like conservatives just do everything better... and liberals well we tried something nice guys... it may or may not work out...
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-31 11:49:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
It's a fundamental difference in the way people look at the world. Conversely, they don't understand why all you care about is "results". You cold analytical ***....
I also don't agree that all liberals are just fine with "good intentions" with no expectation for results...
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-31 11:50:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't necassarily agree that anyone who makes a mistake like this on the conservative front gets tha axe right away without question...

It's because they don't, just like in the corporate word ***rolls down hill and they find a subordinate to throw under the bus. i.e Scooter Libby to *** Cheney ala Valerie Plame.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-31 11:53:28
Link | Quote | Reply

There is certainly nepotism among conservatives, sure.
But Nixon was brutal and Reagan was no slouch either in that department. he fired 11,000 air traffic controllers without batting an eyelash.
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-31 11:54:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
It's because they don't, just like in the corporate word ***rolls down hill and they find a subordinate to throw under the bus. i.e Scooter Libby to *** Cheney ala Valerie Plame.
In the corporate world it depends on who you are... but those at the top just get paid millions of dollars to leave...
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-31 11:56:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh hell yeah, They don't have any qualms bout firing subordinates.

Cheney didn't care how anyone felt about it.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-31 11:57:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Like when his shotgun misfired on his friends face.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2013-10-31 11:58:46
Link | Quote | Reply

misfired

yeah......

misfired.....

that's it......
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-31 12:06:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Like when his shotgun misfired on his friends face.

that guy he shot was a lawyer... it was instinct.
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-31 12:08:41
Link | Quote | Reply

There is certainly nepotism among conservatives, sure. But Nixon was brutal and Reagan was no slouch either in that department. he fired 11,000 air traffic controllers without batting an eyelash.
Nopotism is rampant among the government... I especially feel that sting sharply here in Illinois... but you make it seem like the conservative front is about nothing but results and mistakes are met either with swift punishment or termination... that's just not how it works... politics in general is covering peoples *** until you can't do it anymore... then you make apologies and hope some other scandal or tradgey hits so people forget about it or you do end up getting rid of em... pubs and dems aren't much different in that respect...

I'll tell you the reason she isn't gone yet though... if they fire her they'll have no one to head up the department anymore, things will slow down to an slugs pace instead of a turtles pace and pubs will not pass anyone else through quick enough...

Edit: also they will sorround the slug with salt and tell him that he needs to learn how to jump if he wants to progress...
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-31 12:12:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh hell yeah, They don't have any qualms bout firing subordinates. Cheney didn't care how anyone felt about it.
Cheney is already dead! there were no consequences for him!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2013-10-31 12:12:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit: also, you make it seem like conservatives just do everything better... and liberals well we tried something nice guys... it may or may not work out...

"Heckuva job Brownie" resigned did he not? Now we can argue he did of his own independent will or we can all agree someone tapped him on the shoulder and said "it's time to bow out".

The liberal mantra of "oh well we had good intentions" is all over this thread. Those who point out the falsehood of "if you like your plan, you can keep it", is responded to with "well you get better coverage now so it's ok".

Conservatives don't advocate their programs will work better because they're conservatives, they argue for less programs because they know government can't really run anything better than you can yourself.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-31 12:12:44
Link | Quote | Reply

In the corporate world it depends on who you are... but those at the top just get paid millions of dollars to leave...

It also depends on the corporation and the "times".

One of the many weird changes over the years is this shift and split between the old robber baron tycoon monopoly crush all your enemies under your boot heel corporations ... and the new modern breed of friendly corporation like amazon and whole foods.

that wouldn't have lasted a week in the eighties...
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-31 12:13:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Like everything the best answer lies somewhere in the middle... which we seem to be getting farther and farther away from...
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2013-10-31 12:14:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Squishytaru said: »
Yeah those malls you know. With the single stores you find everywhere else just closer. Yeah. Good ole malls.

Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-31 12:20:53
Link | Quote | Reply

"Heckuva job Brownie" resigned did he not? Now we can argue he did of his own independent will or we can all agree someone tapped him on the shoulder and said "it's time to bow out".

The liberal mantra of "oh well we had good intentions" is all over this thread. Those who point out the falsehood of "if you like your plan, you can keep it", is responded to with "well you get better coverage now so it's ok".

Conservatives don't advocate their programs will work better because they're conservatives, they argue for less programs because they know government can't really run anything better than you can yourself.

He was definitely forced out. Cheney gave him the "stink eye" and pumped his shotgun he brownie cleaned out his desk.

The problem is not everyone can do everything better themselves.

I tell you who caught on to this.... damn I gotta go look it up I can't remember his name off the top of my head.
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-31 12:24:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't necassarily agree that anyone who makes a mistake like this on the conservative front gets tha axe right away without question... Edit: also, you make it seem like conservatives just do everything better... and liberals well we tried something nice guys... it may or may not work out...
"Heckuva job Brownie" resigned did he not? Now we can argue he did of his own independent will or we can all agree someone tapped him on the shoulder and said "it's time to bow out". The liberal mantra of "oh well we had good intentions" is all over this thread. Those who point out the falsehood of "if you like your plan, you can keep it", is responded to with "well you get better coverage now so it's ok". Conservatives don't advocate their programs will work better because they're conservatives, they argue for less programs because they know government can't really run anything better than you can yourself.
So what your saying is in oppostion to what Nik posted? He said the libs let em stay on or step down and pubs just fried em on the spot... you're saying he was allowed to step down and was not fired... soo yeah...

I said I agreed that it was wrong... my only thing was that not all the policies people are being tossed off of are because of legal reasons defined in the ACA... They were reactionary to the ACA... They were not legally required to cancel all the policies that they did but it is and was wrong to make people think they could keep their policies when they couldn't...

Conservatives argue for the programs that benefit them just like dems do... the only thing pubs want to decrease in government is stuff that they're against... I wouldn't mind decreasing the amount we spend on welfare and an assortment of other things but no one wants to get a plan in order to change anything... just give money on one side and take it away on the other...
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-31 12:26:11
Link | Quote | Reply

"Heckuva job Brownie" resigned did he not? Now we can argue he did of his own independent will or we can all agree someone tapped him on the shoulder and said "it's time to bow out". The liberal mantra of "oh well we had good intentions" is all over this thread. Those who point out the falsehood of "if you like your plan, you can keep it", is responded to with "well you get better coverage now so it's ok". Conservatives don't advocate their programs will work better because they're conservatives, they argue for less programs because they know government can't really run anything better than you can yourself.
He was definitely forced out. Cheney gave him the "stink eye" and pumped his shotgun he brownie cleaned out his desk. The problem is not everyone can do everything better themselves. I tell you who caught on to this.... damn I gotta go look it up I can't remember his name off the top of my head.
Whether he was forced out or not you just said that only the libs allow em to step down like that lol... the only reason I'm sticking on this is to point out that there really isn't that much of a difference between the way the parties operate... they just have different goals... or should I say that their interests on certain policies are so far apart that it pulls them away from even working on things they agree on unless its one of those slam dunk everyone loves a puppy policies...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-10-31 12:31:31
Link | Quote | Reply

THE BERLIN WALL OF TEXT.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 90 91 92 ... 99 100 101