Shut 'em Down!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Shut 'em down!
Shut 'em down!
First Page 2 3 ... 81 82 83 ... 99 100 101
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-29 17:26:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Nausi did you read that article you posted?

"Fracking has also been linked to a "swarm" of 50 small earthquakes in Oklahoma on Jan 18, 2011, ranging in magnitude from 1.0 to 2.8, which occurred at the same time as the fracking of a well in the Eola Oil Field."

You were supposed to post a link to an article that didn't agree with what zarah was saying!

I never said there weren't any seismic consequences to fracking, just that the loaded charge of "fracking causes earthquakes" is entirely dishonest.

Everything causes earthquakes dude, walking around registers at some degree on the Richter scale. We can feel the garbage truck coming down the road when it comes for the garbage on garbage day.

Garbage trucks cause earthquakes!!!

No..Hydraulic Fracturing aka Fracking of limestone shale is causing the integrity of the ground and water tables of the local area to deteriorate.

These start occurring, since its a natural geological progression of cause and effect. What people are calling earthquakes is in fact the beginning of the ground falling out from under them. Hydraulic fracturing takes the idea from this picture and exponentially magnifies the effect.

People seem to forget the process also requires contaminating and forcing fresh water deep underground. The chemicals are one thing, but you're taking a limited natural resource in potable water and forcing it down to the bedrock where it will never be able to be utilized again.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2013-10-29 17:41:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
natural resource in potable water and forcing it down to the bedrock

LOTS of it too.
[+]
By Enuyasha 2013-10-29 22:53:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Why don't you ever link anything that supports your argument?
Did you just post a link to an explosion at a fertilizer plant (which registered a 2.1 on the richter scale as evidence that fracking causes earthquakes? What evidence is there linking a 4.2 earthquake to fracking?

Here's a story showing things in perspective

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Believe whatever you want, I have intolerance for the intolerant. I only wish to allow people the freedom I see fit for them.

Dude, you're of the same mindset as Stalin bro, I swear.

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Wow this thread has gotten hilarious with Amandarius' ***.

It was already hilarious before, listening to you give Bahgdad Bob a run for his money.

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Columbus is probably the best example of this. What was once a fantasy tale of a man and his three magic ships finding America has been unraveled to reveal horrifying treatment of the native population, babies being skewered, men being slaughtered like cattle and Europeans effectively decimating the native population to establish overseas empires. There was a reason the story was buried and simplified and it has everything to do with denying the descendants of those natives the true story.
I hate America

There I think I've saved you from ever having to post anything ever again. It's not like the Indians did nothing but welcome us with open arms bro...

oooh sry, Native Americans....

I mean really.

I wanted to say more..but its 10:55 and reading back six pages or so and forming a response on all six pages is hard...

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Enuyasha 2013-10-29 23:43:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Squishytaru said: »
This thread might make it to undead soon enough.

EDIT: You know what Nausi needs?

Some dirty leftist propaganda to teach him what is right and what is wrong.

Something like:
I love you...lets go to the family planning office and register for a chance to have babehs together!
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Enuyasha 2013-10-30 00:10:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Enuyasha said: »
This thread might make it to undead soon enough.

EDIT: You know what Nausi needs?

Some dirty leftist propaganda to teach him what is right and what is wrong.

Something like:
I love you...lets go to the family planning office and register for a chance to have babehs together!

I'm not all that great or anything. I just like to f uck around.

Besides Nausi's cousin bombed the planned parenthood clinic.
but who else will look at our genetic makeup and judge if we are fit for reproduction or not :(
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-30 08:26:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Well... let's just see what's in the news today...
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-30 08:28:24
Link | Quote | Reply

That is a big caddy...
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-30 08:36:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Flavin said: »
That is a big caddy...

PARKER couldn't find one with garbage truck unfortunately

/sips coffee

<man getting whipped sounds waft in from the courtyard>

YouTube Video Placeholder

PARKER is looking pretty buff this morning!
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-30 08:37:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it bad that I know thats from Starship Troopers without even watching the video?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-30 08:42:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Not really
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-30 08:43:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it possible to force close this thread? I think we covered all the stupidity that we can.

Unless somebody wants to add something more to the stupidity that is.
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-30 09:01:30
Link | Quote | Reply

If you don't want to be a part of this awesome thread then I welcome you to stay the *** out lol... don't try to get rid of my entertainment!
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-30 09:04:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Is it possible to force close this thread? I think we covered all the stupidity that we can.

Unless somebody wants to add something more to the stupidity that is.

Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-30 09:12:45
Link | Quote | Reply

If you don't want to be a part of this awesome thread then I welcome you to stay the *** out lol... don't try to get rid of my entertainment!
I'm already part of it though!

But this is starting to be like a dead hooker. All fun and games at first, but then the smell hits and you wish to be somewhere else...
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-30 09:17:56
Link | Quote | Reply

It's never funny when you have to explain yourself... failed attempt at humor... necrophiliac...
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-30 09:21:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Then let me have my way with you!

/grabs a shotgun
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-30 09:27:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like Sebelius fell on the knife for the Obamacare roll out...

They've been poking fun at Obama for not knowing anything that's going on in his administration... well at least they don't tell him about anything bad that's happening until after it happens lol... and NIPF! More alphabet soup that we're finding out about...
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-30 09:31:34
Link | Quote | Reply

You know, it is getting ridiculous.

I'm pretty sure that Obama doesn't have his head in the sand all of the time, but that is how he is portraying himself!

"I didn't know about that issue, I found out about it in the morning newspaper"

That (along with "Bush's fault") is his go-to excuse when his own administration screws up big. And they screw up big all the time.

How can a president not know what is going on in his own administration? Is he that dumb, or does he not want to know (or pretends not to know) to save his own political standing?
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-30 09:45:29
Link | Quote | Reply

They've been poking fun at Obama for not knowing anything that's going on in his administration... well at least they don't tell him about anything bad that's happening until after it happens lol... and NIPF! More alphabet soup that we're finding out about...

Is that really that bad though? Reagan for instance didn't know what was going on in his administration (Iran Contra, Savings and Loans crisis, EPA scandals, HUD rigging,) ...and Reagan is worshipped like a Messiah by certain Republicans.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-30 09:47:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Is that really that bad though? Reagan for instance didn't know what was going on in his administration (Iran Contra, Savings and Loans crisis, EPA scandals, HUD rigging,) ...and Reagan is worshipped like a Messiah by certain Republicans.
Wait, I thought my Messiah was Bush and Satan?

Damn, I can't keep track of what liberals tell me to think!
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-30 09:53:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah pretty sure he's never said he found out about it in the newspaper lol... I think its pretty much playing politics though but I just keep thinking to myself while there probably are some things that may slip through the cracks there's just this idea that he couldn't know about anything lol...

Like with the spying on world leaders thing and the revelation of NIPF...

Like everything else no one knows everything... there isn't enough time in the day... I already expect that they're going to deny what I really tend to focus more on is how they're going to deal with it... but that's the problem these days... one side is always on the defense and the other is always looking for an opportunity to attack to serve their own agenda and nothing changes or gets fixed...
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-30 09:56:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Looks like Sebelius fell on the knife for the Obamacare roll out... They've been poking fun at Obama for not knowing anything that's going on in his administration... well at least they don't tell him about anything bad that's happening until after it happens lol... and NIPF! More alphabet soup that we're finding out about...
Wait, I thought my Messiah was Bush and Satan? Damn, I can't keep track of what liberals tell me to think!
For one he said certain Republicans... not you specifically... and it looks like he's just trying to point out a correlation between Obama and past presidents in which they deny they knew what was happening under their administration... and to make a comment like oh god idk which is my savior now because liberals keep saying different peoples... pubs take potshots all the time about how obama is the liberals mesiah and ***so its a bit hypocritical to cry foul from the other side... and before it was just Clinton...
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-30 09:57:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah pretty sure he's never said he found out about it in the newspaper lol... I think its pretty much playing politics though but I just keep thinking to myself while there probably are some things that may slip through the cracks there's just this idea that he couldn't know about anything lol...

Like everything else no one knows everything... there isn't enough time in the day... I already expect that they're going to deny what I really tend to focus more on is how they're going to deal with it... but that's the problem these days... one side is always on the defense and the other is always looking for an opportunity to attack to serve their own agenda and nothing changes or gets fixed...

yeah thats like this classic scene:
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-30 10:03:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah.

But it's not like they offer a course on "how to run the free world" at colleges and universities... It's one of those learn as you go things most people never can get a handle on...

For those that lived through those years, reagan shined like a diamond but only compared to the berserk incompetence of carter, who for some strange reason had the midas touch in reverse and couldn't tie his shoes without starting a crisis...

eventually he stopped doing everything but rocking back and forth while muttering darkly about jews...

I think he was a hard guy for the left to like because he was a j freak. They abandoned him after the inaugural, good luck with that whole bringing decency back to government thing jimmy, call me when you get smart.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-30 10:11:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree with you that no one man can know everything about everything he is responsible for.

But I have yet to see him admit to even one thing!

Fast and Furious? Bush's fault
Solyndra? Bush's fault
Tepid growth after he came into office? Bush's fault
Bengazhi? Youtube vide...whoops, I mean phony scandal
ADP wiretapping? Bush's faul..I mean, phony scandal
IRS conservative targeting? Bush's faul...I mean, phony scandal
Obamacare? Bush's fault. Also, phony scandal.
NRA spying on allies? Bush's fault. Also, phony scandal. Also, Snowden's fault.

See the similarities?
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2013-10-30 10:12:10
Link | Quote | Reply

"The most widely accepted explanation of how dams cause earthquakes is related to the extra water pressure created in the micro-cracks and fissures in the ground under and near a reservoir. When the pressure of the water in the rocks increases, it acts to lubricate faults which are already under tectonic strain, but are prevented from slipping by the friction of the rock surfaces."

Water is heavy yo! I don't see the risk of a 7.x earthquake with fracking.

It’s been known for decades that injecting fluids into the earth can lead to seismic activity. Previous studies have linked earthquakes to geothermal production.

Fracking does inject/extract fluid in a manner similar to this but at a much much smaller scale.

The whole notion that we shouldn't frack because it "causes earthquakes" is as I've said before, nonsense. The seismic activity is minimal and dwarfed by other avenues of "clean & green" power. If you stipulate that we cannot do fracking because of the risk of earthquakes then, to remain consistent we must also not build hydroelectric damns and play with geothermal power sources as well.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2013-10-30 10:13:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Is she fired or resigning?

If no one is fired, no one fell on the knife.
First Page 2 3 ... 81 82 83 ... 99 100 101