Shut 'em Down!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Shut 'em down!
Shut 'em down!
First Page 2 3 ... 77 78 79 ... 99 100 101
By Enuyasha 2013-10-28 19:18:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Odin.Jassik said: »
I love how Hollywood is the liberal propaganda machine unless they play a cowboy on TV, then they are neo-cons....

It's not the actor really but what the character represents.

Cowboys are pretty much the idealized American through a certain lens. They don't take ***from anyone, quick to brandish firearms, get all the women, live off the land, take odd jobs, protect their small square of land and harken back to the 'good old days' before liberals *** everything up.

Can't lie though. Westerns are fun films to watch but if I'm feeling like reminiscing the Reagan years, I like to watch all the Death Wish / Dirty Harry films. Who needs the pussified criminal justice system? Pick yourself up by the bootstraps and take justice into your own hands!

YouTube Video Placeholder

Death Wish in a nutshell.
They also killed/stole from brown people with no remorse and extreme prejudice. They also didnt get punished by super liberals for taking what they wanted (at the expense of some brown folk :<)

So yea, Cowboys are the uber-american symbol of what the country should be: Manifest destiny fed, stealin',murderin', completely macho-man straight, cowboys.

ANOTHER FOR SOCIOCOMMUNISM!!!
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2013-10-28 21:01:00
Link | Quote | Reply

A quarter of all cowboys were "brown people". History is fun. Read.
By Enuyasha 2013-10-28 22:55:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
"A Quarter" :<
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-29 01:29:37
Link | Quote | Reply

what were the other "three quarters" comprised of?
[+]
 Phoenix.Xantavia
user: xantavia
By Phoenix.Xantavia 2013-10-29 01:48:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
what were the other "three quarters" comprised of?
Well, if 25% were Hispanic, then obviously 3/5's of them were black.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2013-10-29 07:26:08
Link | Quote | Reply

the desperate whimpers of the race baiting left. It is a pity that the public education system is controlled with an iron grip by the radical white left who have all but erased the involvement of African Americans in the building of America and the contributions made in all facets of its history.
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
Server: Siren
user: Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-29 08:38:12
Link | Quote | Reply

the desperate whimpers of the race baiting left. It is a pity that the public education system is controlled with an iron grip by the radical white left who have all but erased the involvement of African Americans in the building of America and the contributions made in all facets of its history.
You make it about race and then you call those on the left race baiters...

So what was your point in saying that a quarter of cowboys were "brown People"?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-29 09:19:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Flavin said: »

Enuyasha said: »
They also killed/stole from brown people with no remorse and extreme prejudice. They also didnt get punished by super liberals for taking what they wanted (at the expense of some brown folk :<)
That is what he is talking about.

Kindof like how history skates over the fact that slavery had more Africans selling Africans than "those evil white rich people" capturing those "innocent pure black poor people."

But we wouldn't want to taint the liberal mind with that fact.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2013-10-29 09:19:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Are we at "Fracking causes earthquakes" and other nonsense yet?

Damn you guys hate freedom something terrible....

In other news NBC has documentation explicitly showing Obama knew 3 years ago that people would not be able to "keep their plan".

Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-10-29 09:31:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »

In other news NBC has documentation explicitly showing Obama knew 3 years ago that people would not be able to "keep their plan".

I'm still waiting on one of our wonderful ultra-cons to provide evidence that fracking doesn't. Aman seems to have a very tenuous grasp of even elementary knowledge of geology. And you yourself don't know the difference between anthropology and anthropogenic.

Neither of you do yourself any favors.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-29 09:34:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Reflections On: Our Planet and Its Life, Origins, and Futures. A nice primer for anyone seriously interested in educating themselves on the topic.

/serious

Thanks for the linky Pleebo. This is a fine example of what I was talking about to Kingnobody earlier...

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Even though we disagree on a lot of things, Pleebo's posts/points are typically well thought out, well sourced and well written.

that he didn't bother to give it even the laziest once over is nobody's fault but his own.

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Tell me why global warming has happened, and how it is my fault. Since you like to blame everything that ever happens on everyone but you.

Let's take a moment to ignore the bile from both ends of the political spectrum and consider the possibility that rising CO2 levels could be problematic for liberals... and everyone else that enjoys breathing air...

I understand your skepticism.
In the same publication there is an article about how wind is contributing to glacier reduction and good luck stopping that...

However there are things we can do/are doing/have done to lessen the impact WE are making on the environment, not just you.

Yes there was a time, as you mentioned, when volcanoes caused CO2 gases to rise. So naturally everything can't be controlled by mankind. Because there weren't any people then when the earths crust was molten.

Let's look at that again for a moment because it's important...there weren't any people.

Ok so that's only REALLY BAD if you happen to be a person but guess what, WE ARE PEOPLE! If levels rise to those levels again people will stop living, not sprout leaves and photosynthesize.

Don't get me wrong, I want to turn the earth's crust molten as much as the next guy... but it would seriously hurt the resale value of the planet for a couple million years. and that's NO BUENO!!!

I love freedom and chaos and hate government controls but I also watched a RIVER CATCH FIRE I Live There. I WATCHED WATER BURN!

I saw what happened when we let companies do whatever the hell they wanted and then just file for bankruptcy when the clean up bill came.
I live in OHIO. We lead the nation in two things schizophrenics and superfund sites!!! It's not a coincidence!!!

POLLUTION IS REAL!!!

Sure it's fun to tease the pencilneck pointdexters that point to bar graphs and sweat a lot... But every once in a while they are ONTO SOMETHING

Occasionally we need to stop giving them swirleys and atomic super wedgies long enough to consider that what they are telling us may be important if we want to go on living.

Did I empty my wallet into Al Gore's Carbon Offset Collection Basket. NO! But i'll read the whole article before I start screaming talking points about volcanoes!

Sometimes scientists get it wrong and sometimes their estimates and projections are inaccurate. That doesn't mean we should roll back emission regulations to the seventies when you couldn't SEE THE *** SKY!!! I lived through it, I was there and it *** sucked donkey balls in a tijuana freak show for a nickel.

There is balance we need to strike between having fun driving monster trucks on the freeways and turning our water into poison scum that you can't go near because it's on fire, much less drink...

Somewhere between chicken little screaming that the sky is falling and Kingnobody denying that pollution is real is a common sense solution to keep us from killing ourselves with stupidity and neglect.

that's where I live. It's called reality, you're welcome to stop by for a visit anytime.

You're in a forum post from some crazy *** celebrating a government shutdown on a video game website of an eleven year old game nobody plays anymore and you're waiting for a climate change expert to dumb it down enough for you so that you can understand why it's important to consider!?

MY APOLOGIES THEY AREN"T COMING!!!

This is as close as you are ever going to get. And if you don't understand it any better now you aint ever gunna. Good day sir.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-29 09:35:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, that was most of page 77.
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-29 09:37:58
Link | Quote | Reply

That is what he is talking about. Kindof like how history skates over the fact that slavery had more Africans selling Africans than "those evil white rich people" capturing those "innocent pure black poor people." But we wouldn't want to taint the liberal mind with that fact.
Ahhh... that makes sense then... my bad on that one...

As for the slavery bit... Is your argument really "well we didn't forcefully capture and imprison all of our slaves... we actually bought them too... and guess what some of em were even from other black people!"

In any case, whether they were sold by their own people... other people... or just captured... what does that really change? People made slaves of them... I guess that's ok in your mind as long as other black people sold them to you? Or they're more deserving because their own people did it to them? Or we should just blame black people too because they sold some of their own people?

I'd say they were fairly innocent too regardless of their skin color or had they all done something that warranted a lifetime of slavery?

I'll be the first one to say that most people are too sensitive about race in this country in that pretty much anything you say or do is kinda jumped on if said in differing company even if the intent to offend isn't there but regardless of how history depicts the way slaves were obtained it should never have been that way in the first place... It's not even comparable to this brown cowboy vs. white cowboy debate...
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-29 09:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

A) I have never denied that pollution is real.

B) I have never said that we should let the free market or corporations dictate what should be allowable or not, because not everyone has the same ethical integrity as the next person.

C) I have never said there should be no regulations dictating how a business should run their business.

Now that I have gotten that out of the way, I do want to point out something. We have enough regulations as it is. We had enough regulations in 1998 regarding pollution and how much a company should produce in waste. Demanding unreasonable and ineffective levels of CO2 production, even though it will have no impact to the overall global pollution rate (because, guess what, EPA's jurisdiction only lies in USA, if these new regulations were to have any impact to the global pollution level, it would have to be enforced at the global level).

EPA could outright ban every CO2 producing system in place, and it will still not effect the pollution levels anywhere outside of central US. How will that help? It wouldn't! It would drive manufacturing businesses outside of the US (which they have been doing btw, but don't tell the liberals that, they would ignore that little tidbit).

We are working towards a cleaner society voluntary. By making it a mandatory thing, that will drive innovation away from our society and make it detrimental to our well being. Plus, it will just push back the actual date that we become a clean society that much further.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-29 09:54:27
Link | Quote | Reply

That is what he is talking about. Kindof like how history skates over the fact that slavery had more Africans selling Africans than "those evil white rich people" capturing those "innocent pure black poor people." But we wouldn't want to taint the liberal mind with that fact.
Ahhh... that makes sense then... my bad on that one...

As for the slavery bit... Is your argument really "well we didn't forcefully capture and imprison all of our slaves... we actually bought them too... and guess what some of em were even from other black people!"

In any case, whether they were sold by their own people... other people... or just captured... what does that really change? People made slaves of them... I guess that's ok in your mind as long as other black people sold them to you? Or they're more deserving because their own people did it to them? Or we should just blame black people too because they sold some of their own people?

I'd say they were fairly innocent too regardless of their skin color or had they all done something that warranted a lifetime of slavery?

I'll be the first one to say that most people are too sensitive about race in this country in that pretty much anything you say or do is kinda jumped on if said in differing company even if the intent to offend isn't there but regardless of how history depicts the way slaves were obtained it should never have been that way in the first place... It's not even comparable to this brown cowboy vs. white cowboy debate...
No, I'm saying that everything we are talking about is history. In order to keep that history from repeating, we need to understand the entire story instead of the parts we want to focus on.

History like this has already repeated (in a way). While it doesn't involve slavery, we are already blaming one side of the story, and giving the other sides a free pass!

The housing crisis involved 3 sides. The government, the lenders, and the people borrowing the money for mortgages.

Yet, only the banks are being demonized. Yes, they did some pretty bad things that has already been covered, but the government forced banks to make those bad loans and the people took advantage of that situation. Why aren't we demonizing either one of those 2? Because it is easier to blame banks than it would be to blame ourselves!

The student loan bubble is about to pop. Who's going to be demonized for that one? (I'll give you a hint, it will not be the government nor the student who made those loans.)
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2013-10-29 10:03:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »

I'm still waiting on one of our wonderful ultra-cons to provide evidence that fracking doesn't. Aman seems to have a very tenuous grasp of even elementary knowledge of geology. And you yourself don't know the difference between anthropology and anthropogenic.

...lol I know the difference, I'm pretty sure I've correctly stated the term in other threads, spell check just got the better of me this time. It's never happened to you? Doubtful. But please, lets hang the conversation on an honest mistake and not on wildly misleading statements like "fracking causes earthquakes".

Fracking doesn't cause "earthquakes" in any real sense of the word, I mean there are tremors that occur from the process, but if you jump off of a ladder onto the ground you'll also cause such a tremor. The notion of scale is a pretty important concept here. Hydroelectric and geothermal power systems however have caused much more substantial tremors before, things that might more appropriately be reported in the news as "earthquakes".
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-29 10:12:50
Link | Quote | Reply

...lol I know the difference, I'm pretty sure I've correctly stated the term in other threads, spell check just got the better of me this time. It's never happened to you? Doubtful. But please, lets hang the conversation on an honest mistake and not on wildly misleading statements like "fracking causes earthquakes".

Fracking doesn't cause "earthquakes" in any real sense of the word, I mean there are tremors that occur from the process, but if you jump off of a ladder onto the ground you'll also cause such a tremor. The notion of scale is a pretty important concept here. Hydroelectric and geothermal power systems however have caused much more substantial tremors before, things that might more appropriately be reported in the news as "earthquakes".
But that doesn't play well to the media. It is better to publish knee-jerk reaction headlines (which generates more advertising revenue for them) than to publish actual, boring, true studies.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-29 10:16:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's call them shiatsu massages and charge people extra to ride them.
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-29 10:21:14
Link | Quote | Reply

The point in history for that is to not make the same mistake... not to make sure that the white man isn't the only one taking the blame lol...
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-10-29 10:23:09
Link | Quote | Reply

/rubs temples

You're comparing jumping off a ladder to the latest 4.2 earthquake? Yes, they were all absolutely reported as earthquakes in here in TEXAS! Didn't matter if they were a two to a four. Just to give you an idea, the West fertilizer blast measured a 2.1.

Why don't you ever link anything that supports your argument?
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-29 10:29:52
Link | Quote | Reply

The banks take most of the blame because they were the most to blame... not saying it isn't easier to blame the big bad corp... it very much is... In no way did the gov force lenders to take on all the bad loans they did, among other things... the government took quite a bit of heat on this too... a great deal for the bail out... individuals rarely take the blame because in most cases they not only suffer the most but their intentions in this matter were mostly about owning their own home... not about taking advantage of the system...
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-29 10:31:32
Link | Quote | Reply

/rubs temples

You're comparing jumping off a ladder to the latest 4.2 shiatsu massage? Yes, they were all absolutely reported as shiatsu massages in here in TEXAS! Didn't matter if they were a two to a four. Just to give you an idea, the West fertilizer blast measured a 2.1.

Why don't you ever link anything that supports your argument?

I'm curious how much he weighs that he could jump off a ladder and cause a shiatsu massage...
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-29 10:31:35
Link | Quote | Reply

The point in history for that is to not make the same mistake... not to make sure that the white man isn't the only one taking the blame lol...
My point is to not give free rides to those who are just as evil as those who are being demonized.

You rob the bank, you shouldn't get a free pass for being the driver of the car because you weren't physically there robbing the bank!
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-10-29 10:32:48
Link | Quote | Reply

That is what he is talking about.

Kindof like how history skates over the fact that slavery had more Africans selling Africans than "those evil white rich people" capturing those "innocent pure black poor people."

But we wouldn't want to taint the liberal mind with that fact.

What? We learned in elementary school that Europeans traded with Africans for slaves and that Muslims also held many black slaves during their numerous caliphates. Just because someone else is trafficking slaves doesn't mean it's right. It's called context. Why don't you finish your statement? Many of the same African traders were eventually taken as slaves themselves by Europeans once demand upticked for labor.

The takeaway is that the United States founded on 'freedom' and 'liberty' was propped up by an underclass of slaves, subjugated native americans and other minorities who are still marginalized in society. How long has it been since blacks have been granted equal rights in society officially? Oh you know.... fifty years.

And that's if you don't want to be a huge pessimist.
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-29 10:34:37
Link | Quote | Reply

/rubs temples You're comparing jumping off a ladder to the latest 4.2 shiatsu massage? Yes, they were all absolutely reported as shiatsu massages in here in TEXAS! Didn't matter if they were a two to a four. Just to give you an idea, the West fertilizer blast measured a 2.1. Why don't you ever link anything that supports your argument?
I'm curious how much he weighs that he could jump off a ladder and cause a shiatsu massage...
Just the right amount of weight... it was expensive too... but worth it!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-29 10:39:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone else noticed after 100's upon 100's of posts by Kingnobody saying that liberals always blame Bush, that he went and blamed Bush?
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-29 10:41:07
Link | Quote | Reply

My point is to not give free rides to those who are just as evil as those who are being demonized. You rob the bank, you shouldn't get a free pass for being the driver of the car because you weren't physically there robbing the bank!
You think saying the same thing differently makes it better? You want others to take the blame too... That's all you really want... some black people aren't so innocent either guys... recognize!

If all you wanted was for us not to make the same mistakes again you'd stop trying to make sure everyone took their fair share of blame and just say hey... don't buy slaves! or hey we believe in liberty and freedom for all and this is not something that should be done... this is what happened, these were the effects...

If you want to prevent further actions you don't fret over assigning blame...
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-10-29 10:44:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd say it goes further. The point is to flesh out the stories we all take for granted and give a full account of what happened instead of romanticizing the whole affair.

Columbus is probably the best example of this. What was once a fantasy tale of a man and his three magic ships finding America has been unraveled to reveal horrifying treatment of the native population, babies being skewered, men being slaughtered like cattle and Europeans effectively decimating the native population to establish overseas empires. There was a reason the story was buried and simplified and it has everything to do with denying the descendants of those natives the true story.

Left out of the story is also the reason Europeans needed that western passage to India and the Far East. Something, something Islamic empires. What? Islam had the capability to create empires on par with Europe? No way, those guys couldn't beat rocks together nevermind have a vast empire.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-29 10:45:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone else noticed after 100's upon 100's of posts by Kingnobody saying that liberals always blame Bush, that he went and blamed Bush?

No I'm still trying to figure out who is giving free rides to whom and where.....

My point is to not give free rides to those who are just as evil as those who are being demonized.

You rob the bank, you shouldn't get a free pass for being the driver of the car because you weren't physically there robbing the bank!

and now we're robbing banks!!

and giving free passes to the guy that drives the getaway car! sure that happens all the time...
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-29 10:49:26
Link | Quote | Reply

No I'm still trying to figure out who is giving free rides to whom and where.....
My point is to not give free rides to those who are just as evil as those who are being demonized. You rob the bank, you shouldn't get a free pass for being the driver of the car because you weren't physically there robbing the bank!
and now we're robbing banks!! and giving free passes to the guy that drives the getaway car! sure that happens all the time...
that's why I'm always the get away driver... because they are always issued free passes!
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 77 78 79 ... 99 100 101