Shut 'em Down!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Shut 'em down!
Shut 'em down!
First Page 2 3 ... 74 75 76 ... 99 100 101
 Siren.Flavin
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-28 11:08:43
Link | Quote | Reply

What's funny is that you use Al Gore as the "god" for the "religious fanatics" of global warming like he's the only one saying anything about it... Or like anyone in here has even brought up his name besides the opposition... though it is much easier for a side to pick a focal point and attempt to tear away at that instead...

If you recognize it as Hyperbole (can't watch the video atm) then I don't see what the problem is... oh no... no one has ever exaggerated for effect... I can't really get at ya too much for knocking on someone saying something silly... I knowck on politicians for that every day... lol...

I'm still not sure what your point is though... because he said this on Conan the argument for global warming is proven to be myth now? Because of Hyperbole?!?!
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-28 11:09:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
al gore was tragically born without the ability to display emotions... but he couldn't get anyone to donate money for research on that... so he came up with global warming... after those *** gypped him out of all his internet inventing money
Hey... We didn't gyp him out of anything... we took what was ours man!
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-10-28 11:10:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Just imagine the cold, emotionless stare of Al Gore, naked, over your body during intercourse.

For Tipper Gore, that was An Inconvenient Truth.
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-28 11:14:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Just imagine the cold, emotionless stare of Al Gore, naked, over your body during intercourse. For Tipper Gore, that was An Inconvenient Truth.
No... just please no...
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-10-28 11:30:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Anthropological global warming is a myth.
You can't even get the terminology correct, so yeah you totally know what you're talking about.

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Never mind that the Science community can't even agree on the method of measurement needed to determine global warming, it is real because Al Gore said so!
There are these devices called thermometers.

Just imagine the cold, emotionless stare of Al Gore, naked, over your body during intercourse.
Go on...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-28 11:46:02
Link | Quote | Reply

For Tipper Gore, that was An Inconvenient Truth.

I think I saw that in an episode of South Park.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-28 11:52:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Never mind that the Science community can't even agree on the method of measurement needed to determine global warming, it is real because Al Gore said so!
You should let those "scientists" know about that. I'm not the one who's doing the study, then retract on that study because it didn't produce the results you were hoping for..
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-28 11:55:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't do it Pleebo! Don't look directly at it!
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-28 12:00:34
Link | Quote | Reply

You should let those "scientists" know about that. I'm not the one who's doing the study, then retract on that study because it didn't produce the results you were hoping for..

except that never happened.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-10-28 12:04:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh damn those scientists? That study?! Compelling.

Siren.Flavin said: »
But the P&R forum goes so great with my morning cereal.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2013-10-28 12:06:29
Link | Quote | Reply

You can't even get the terminology correct, so yeah you totally know what you're talking about.

No real atmospheric warming in 15 years bud, despite the past 15 years being the MOST CO2 intensive in our recorded history. The climate just isn't that sensitive to a minuscule change in the makeup of the CO2 in our atmosphere.

But don't let that stop you from marching off the cliff.
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-28 12:07:26
Link | Quote | Reply

But the P&R forum goes so great with my morning cereal.[/quote]
Go on...
I WAS TALKING ABOUT THAT!
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-10-28 12:15:34
Link | Quote | Reply

No real atmospheric warming in 15 years bud, despite the past 15 years being the MOST CO2 intensive in our recorded history. The climate just isn't that sensitive to a minuscule change in the makeup of the CO2 in our atmosphere.

http://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/graphs_v3/

Global Annual Mean Surface Air Temperature Change

Land-based measurements using those thermometer contraptions I mentioned earlier:

Annual Mean Temperature Change in the United States

Anomalies are based off the 1951-1980 average
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-28 12:30:52
Link | Quote | Reply

The term is anthropogenic.

You're referring to a report and testimony by John Christy who was paid by the Coal Industry to publish a report to relax EPA Regulations on CO2 emissions. He cherry picked data and even misrepresented his findings i.e Saying there was a .09°C change over the last 17yrs when in fact his data charts showed 0.16°C compared to the generally accepted projection of 0.17°C change.

He even tried to blame the recent trend of extreme weather patterns and the last decade having been the hottest on record on ENSO (el Nino Southern Oscillations). Which doesn't have long term effects on global warming.

Christy's findings and testimony were found to be contradictory at times and is why the EPA regulations remain.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-28 12:35:37
Link | Quote | Reply

the government shutdown helped reduce carbon emissions!

/whispers quietly by slowing economic growth

score one for the tea party!!! huzzah!

Multi Colored Line Graphs of Anomalies

I learned all about graphs in scrool Up is good!

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-28 12:37:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I like how that video was shot when there was overcast.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-10-28 12:40:19
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-10-28 12:41:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Silly liberals, thinking that facts matter in this realm. The facts all float down here. Oh yes, they all float.

I'll tap in when we get to the young earth debate.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-28 12:45:32
Link | Quote | Reply

http://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/graphs_v3/

Global Annual Mean Surface Air Temperature Change

Land-based measurements using those thermometer contraptions I mentioned earlier:

Annual Mean Temperature Change in the United States

Anomalies are based off the 1951-1980 average
So, you are saying that, since 1951, the average global temp is at least .6 degrees hotter than it was 63 years ago, and in the US 2 degrees in the same timeframe?

And you think that is cause for alarm? We all must stop what we are doing and do whatever you say we should do?
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-28 12:45:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I polled everyone in cleveland, detroit and chicago about global warming and they all want to know what they can do to help!!!

It's fricken freezing in here Mr. Bigglesworth!!!
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-10-28 12:52:16
Link | Quote | Reply

So, you are saying that, since 1951, the average global temp is at least .6 degrees hotter than it was 63 years ago, and in the US 2 degrees in the same timeframe?

And you think that is cause for alarm? We all must stop what we are doing and do whatever you say we should do?
Yes, that is a large change for such a relatively short time period. No one is saying we should all go back to living in caves eating twigs and berries, but new policies need to be mindful of projected warming and its causes.
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-28 12:59:11
Link | Quote | Reply

It goes with the whole we have a hard time thinking about 5 minutes ahead let alone further than that...
 Ragnarok.Corres
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2013-10-28 12:59:59
Link | Quote | Reply

scientists told to cover the fact that Earths temperature has not risen in 15 years
edit: maybe scrutinize "scientific" reasearch a bit more:
Scientists think Science is self correcting
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-28 13:01:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I am saying you should all go back to living in caves eating twigs and berries, and new policies need to be mindful of projected warming and stop all manufacturing that hasn't already been moved to china... and no coal or fracking kthanks
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-10-28 13:03:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, that is a large change for such a relatively short time period. No one is saying we should all go back to living in caves eating twigs and berries, but new policies need to be mindful of projected warming and its causes.

/raises hand like the overzealous kid with all the answers in class

Ooooo~ Ooooo~ Question!

For those who enjoy our diet of twigs and berries, can we continue to do so? The twigs are a little rough coming out, but some of those berries! Oh God! You can actually SEE time, and it is glorious until, you know...The vomiting. (That part isn't fun. :()
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-28 13:05:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I have a hard time believing that we will adopt policies to the fact that some chart has said that the globe has warmed .6 degrees higher than in 1950, but doesn't explain why or how. Tell me why it went up that high, and how it happened, and then we may be in business.

It goes with the whole we have a hard time thinking about 5 seconds ahead let alone further than that...
fixed for ya

SHHHHH. That goes against the liberal thinking...
 Ragnarok.Nausi
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2013-10-28 13:07:15
Link | Quote | Reply

IPCC report published this year acknowledges the "mysterious" lack of warming over the last 15 years.

You guys are just wrong, the UN recognizes the lack of atmospheric warming in their latest report. I'd suggest you were just ignorant, but willful ignorance is no longer just ignorance.
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-28 13:12:51
Link | Quote | Reply

IPCC report published this year acknowledges the "mysterious" lack of warming over the last 15 years. You guys are just wrong, the UN recognizes the lack of atmospheric warming in their latest report. I'd suggest you were just ignorant, but willful ignorance is no longer just ignorance.
You are the expert on willful ignorance aren't ya...
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-28 13:24:55
Link | Quote | Reply

personally, living on the north coast I can see an upside to global warming...especially every winter when I have to shovel three feet of snow off my driveway. but also personally, haven taken a family car trip to go see the cuyahoga river when it caught on fire, I can tell you that pollution is not our bestest best friend we need to do everything in our power to protect...

somewhere in there is a happy medium... that we will probably never find... but I do enjoy the fighting. please continue.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-28 13:28:49
Link | Quote | Reply

IPCC report published this year acknowledges the "mysterious" lack of warming over the last 15 years. You guys are just wrong, the UN recognizes the lack of atmospheric warming in their latest report. I'd suggest you were just ignorant, but willful ignorance is no longer just ignorance.
You are the expert on willful ignorance aren't ya...
But we are no closer to learning why and how global warming is taking affect now than we were 25+ years ago.

What have the scientists been doing all these years? Throwing keggers at the expense of taxpayer's money?
First Page 2 3 ... 74 75 76 ... 99 100 101