Shut 'em Down!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Shut 'em down!
Shut 'em down!
First Page 2 3 ... 62 63 64 ... 99 100 101
 Siren.Flavin
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-22 13:10:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Siren.Flavin said: »
Enjoy your denial.
lol I didn't even say anything denying anything and I can go enjoy my denial? Go on though... your antics do entertain me...
Fine I'll ask just so we're all clear. You're mocking my, hypothesis no (obamacare raises healthcare costs and pulls more people into government assistance to pay for them)? So does that mean you don't think it's true?
I'm mocking the thread in general... I've been posting my nefarious plots for awhile...

I also do like to mock you mainly because you're a ridiculous person and it entertains me though... but hey everyones entitled to their own thoughts and opinions!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-22 13:14:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Holy crap! I wasn't even talking about Obama. Look your charts posted shot the same curve mine do. Look at how it starts in 1980's the Reagan years and keeps going up. My point was about Reagan...try actually reading something I post.

Only in your universe is the REAGAN bump more substantial than the OBAMA bump. It's one thing to take us from 30%-50% GDP but any entirely different league to take us from 70%-110% GDP.

Wasn't talking about Obamas spending in the post and your behavior is borderline harassment if you can't grasp the context of the post and keep going off on the Obama tangent and make condescending comments.

You said
As you can see the serious incline begins with Reagan.

You said this after posting charts which omitted Obama's contribution to the debt. I simply filled in the omitted data and corrected you.

Sorry you feel harassed. Don't post if you don't want to be challenged when you post skewed facts and partisan hypotheses.

You haven't challenged me in any capacity. The Obama data has nothing to do with the context of what I was posting. All you did was show that every president from Reagan to now has done nothing but increase government spending and the debt which is something I said 2 pages ago. So thank you for attempting to try and challenge me in some capacity but actually validating a point indirectly.

Here's what you validated:
It's all part of the corporatist agenda thats been in effect since the Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush administrations. See Dylan Ratigan's famous rant about the fleecing of America.
YouTube Video Placeholder

*takes off tinfoil hat*

Better luck next time.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2013-10-22 13:14:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Enjoy your denial.
lol I didn't even say anything denying anything and I can go enjoy my denial? Go on though... your antics do entertain me...
Fine I'll ask just so we're all clear. You're mocking my, hypothesis no (obamacare raises healthcare costs and pulls more people into government assistance to pay for them)? So does that mean you don't think it's true?
I'm mocking the thread in general... I've been posting my nefarious plots for awhile...

I also do like to mock you mainly because you're a ridiculous person and it entertains me though... but hey everyones entitled to their own thoughts and opinions!
Nice dodge, could you answer my other question? You have after all only posted those "nefarious plot" responses to my posts....
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-22 13:17:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd be stupid if I said Obama hasn't added to the national deficit since he stepped into office... In some ways you can make excuses for him because the way the government wsa going already had added about 6 trillion in debt the 8 years previous and that was when the economy was still booming and there wasn't a sever decrease in tax revenue because of the recession... even if you kept the government at the same level of spending as during the Bush era it would still rise at a higher rate... though it does appear that spending has also increased under his terms and that does account for a higher debt as well... blah blah blah and more blah...

/waits for King to tell me that I have no understanding of everything and that I am not an accountant so I could never understand!
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-22 13:22:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Enjoy your denial.
I'm mocking the thread in general... I've been posting my nefarious plots for awhile... I also do like to mock you mainly because you're a ridiculous person and it entertains me though... but hey everyones entitled to their own thoughts and opinions!
Nice dodge, could you answer my other question?
Nice dodge? What are you on? My comment had nothing to do with what you said other than to mock the thread with something I thought was entertaining... to myself at least... hey if you can't make yourself laugh right? lol... I'm not even paying attention to what your saying because at page 2 or so all you really do is vomit talking points that I've already heard a thousand times from the right and you seem to think you're making some kind of point... we get it... you hate Obama... you hate liberals... they are destroying America! You have a very limited understanding of the ACA and honestly I don't really care to argue for or against it anymore... not only that I don't care to refute or agree with whatever the hell it is you're talking about...

If you want though you can call this a dodge again and walk away with some kind of self inflated pride that you got for defeating what you think is a liberal voice opposing your own lol...
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2013-10-22 13:24:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd be stupid if I said Obama hasn't added to the national deficit since he stepped into office... In some ways you can make excuses for him because the way the government wsa going already had added about 6 trillion in debt the 8 years previous and that was when the economy was still booming and there wasn't a sever decrease in tax revenue because of the recession... even if you kept the government at the same level of spending as during the Bush era it would still rise at a higher rate... though it does appear that spending has also increased under his terms and that does account for a higher debt as well... blah blah blah and more blah...

/waits for King to tell me that I have no understanding of everything and that I am not an accountant so I could never understand!
lol.... again you dodged the point.

Obamacare raises healthcare costs and therefore pulls more people onto government assistance to pay for them.

You either agree with that (in which case why would you mock it) or you don't (in which case my entertaining response is apparently completely validated). Which is it?
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-22 13:25:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd be stupid if I said Obama hasn't added to the national deficit since he stepped into office... In some ways you can make excuses for him because the way the government wsa going already had added about 6 trillion in debt the 8 years previous and that was when the economy was still booming and there wasn't a sever decrease in tax revenue because of the recession... even if you kept the government at the same level of spending as during the Bush era it would still rise at a higher rate... though it does appear that spending has also increased under his terms and that does account for a higher debt as well... blah blah blah and more blah... /waits for King to tell me that I have no understanding of everything and that I am not an accountant so I could never understand!
lol.... again you dodged the point. Obamacare raises healthcare costs and therefore pulls more people onto government assistance to pay for them. You either agree with that (in which case why would you mock it) or you don't (in which case my entertaining response is apparently completely validated). Which is it?
I was talking about the ACA in this post? You're more entertaining when you're babbling about stuff... less so when you're imagning arguments you're having with me and trying to win them or whatever it is that you are doing lol...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-22 13:27:57
Link | Quote | Reply

He's gonna tell you, that you can't read a chart even though said chart shows a radical degree during the Bush administration.

He may even at some point try and deflect and say its all due to the principle known as Moore's law being applied to finance.

Here's an example:

Quote:
It shouldn’t come as a surprise, then, that Moore’s Law also applies to the financial system. From 1929 to 2009 the total market capitalization of the U.S. stock market has doubled every decade. The total trading volume of stocks in the Dow Jones Industrial Average doubled every 7.5 years during this period, but in the most recent decade, the pace has accelerated: now the doubling occurs every 2.9 years, growing almost as fast as the semiconductor industry.

Same trend is seen with government spending and debt.

Quoted from the following MIT Sloan article: http://mitsloan.mit.edu/finance/blog/?p=114
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-22 13:28:09
Link | Quote | Reply

We already own the IRS ***! you think we can't take you down even further with the ACA! we took your own legislation and turned it against you! burn in hell!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2013-10-22 13:28:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
The point was that the chart (and "study" in general) is dishonest for not accounting for subsidies and for not disclosing the fact that they don't account for them in their super-duper model. Now why would the Heritage Foundation want to misrepresent their numbers? Hmmm, beats me!
Right, so Obamacare increases costs across the board (just about) and makes up for it with a government subsidy. So as a result we have more people whose insurance cost are now out of reach for them to cover themselves who then in turn becoming wards of the states because the system the state set up. Good work! This is the inevitable result of government entitlements. In order to help the poor we need to make more poor people.
Nefarious plot #: 253 Of course! but we will only make those affiliated with the Republican cause poorer! we will bleed them dry and give all their money to dem liburalies... Only republican leaning businesses will be forced to insure their employees too! I can hear their sad and forlorn cries even now! music to my ears...

You either agree with my previous point (in which case why would you mock it) or you don't (in which case my entertaining response is apparently completely validated). Which is it?
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-22 13:33:21
Link | Quote | Reply

The point was that the chart (and "study" in general) is dishonest for not accounting for subsidies and for not disclosing the fact that they don't account for them in their super-duper model. Now why would the Heritage Foundation want to misrepresent their numbers? Hmmm, beats me!
Right, so Obamacare increases costs across the board (just about) and makes up for it with a government subsidy. So as a result we have more people whose insurance cost are now out of reach for them to cover themselves who then in turn becoming wards of the states because the system the state set up. Good work! This is the inevitable result of government entitlements. In order to help the poor we need to make more poor people.
Nefarious plot #: 253 Of course! but we will only make those affiliated with the Republican cause poorer! we will bleed them dry and give all their money to dem liburalies... Only republican leaning businesses will be forced to insure their employees too! I can hear their sad and forlorn cries even now! music to my ears...
You either agree with my previous point (in which case why would you mock it) or you don't (in which case my entertaining response is apparently completely validated). Which is it?
I choose option ridiculuos! /monicle your move...
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-22 13:35:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe I should have brought to light option broken record lol...
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2013-10-22 13:37:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I choose option ridiculuos! /monicle your move...
Your answer is you refuse to answer. Well played! I am in true awe of your forum manner superiority.

Enjoy your mockery, and your denial.
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-22 13:39:34
Link | Quote | Reply

lol you're awesome dude... don't ever stop posting here...
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-10-22 13:49:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Translation:

Flav, I never knew a guy sang that! You learn something new everyday!
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-22 13:52:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Well now you do... don't act like you're not a little bit more attracted to me now...
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-22 13:53:40
Link | Quote | Reply

You are correct. While the debt was increasing, it was not increasing at the rate as it currently is increasing. The main reason was because we had a lot of tax revenue from a booming economy.

Oh, btw, we have been funding the government at the exact rate (adjusted for inflation) from 2009 to 2012. That is that continuing resolution that has resulted from Congress (mainly the Senate, since the House has passed multiple budgets each year, but not one has been presented on the Senate floor due to Reid, even during the years that the House was at the mercy of the liberals!) not passing a budget and a president not pressing the issue to have a budget passed (he still hasn't pressed the issue).

But we need policies in place to help grow the economy to lower the debt we accumulate each year (not exactly an ideal situation, but I would rather have that than not doing anything at all). Instead, we have Obama telling everyone he will not negotiate with others and reaping the rewards of a friendly media.

Quote:
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-22 13:55:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ooooo... an actual sarcasm tag... it does make things easier...
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2013-10-22 13:56:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Even Jon Stewart was ripping up the ACA last night. At least he's putting blame where it belongs.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-10-22 13:59:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Well now you do... don't act like you're not a little bit more attracted to me now...

I know! That 'fro, man! Throw in the iconic Selleck 'stache, maybe a gold chain buried in some chesthair, and done deal!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-22 13:59:25
Link | Quote | Reply

At least I try
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-22 14:03:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Even Jon Stewart was ripping up the ACA last night. At least he's putting blame where it belongs.
Stewart and his crew always do lol... Stewart had Sebelius on previously and slammed her for the way ACA opened... he's continued to mock the roll out...
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-22 14:03:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
At least I try
It shows buddy... it shows...
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-10-22 14:09:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Insurance coverage is already out of reach or close to it for those who would qualify for the subsidy. This allows coverage to become less of a burden than it would be otherwise. Those below the minimum income level for subsidy assistance very likely qualify for Medicaid. Your assumption that this makes people poorer somehow ignores the benefits of actually having insurance. Your assumption that this would increase healthcare costs is unfounded as the effects on the industry are not apparent yet.

Oh noes not wealth distribution! Distribution from upper income brackets to lower occurs from increased taxes on things like cadillac insurance plans and lol tanning tax. It is not solely in the direction of young to old.

Seriously, this is all crap that has been known since the law's passage. And you guys like to accuse lawmakers of not knowing what's in it?
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2013-10-22 14:09:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Stewart and his crew always do lol... Stewart had Sebelius on previously and slammed her for the way ACA opened... he's continued to mock the roll out...

Sometimes the reality is so awful it cannot be spun...
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-22 14:11:23
Link | Quote | Reply

lol why is it reality when you like/agree with what he says but its just liberal controlled media misinformation and falsities when you don't like it/agree with it?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-22 14:14:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Insurance coverage is already out of reach or close to it for those who would qualify for the subsidy. This allows coverage to become less of a burden than it would be otherwise. Those below the minimum income level for subsidy assistance very likely qualify for Medicaid. Your assumption that this makes people poorer somehow ignores the benefits of actually having insurance. Your assumption that this would increase healthcare costs is unfounded as the effects on the industry are not apparent yet.

Oh noes not wealth distribution! Distribution from upper income brackets to lower occurs from increased taxes on things like cadillac insurance plans and lol tanning tax. It is not solely in the direction of young to old.

Seriously, this is all crap that has been known since the law's passage. And you guys like to accuse lawmakers of not knowing what's in it?
Instead of making it unaffordable to buy insurance without a government subsidiary, how about making it affordable to buy insurance without a government subsidiary? Besides common sense economics, what is keeping this administration from imposing a price ceiling on premiums and/or deductibles?

I mean, besides the ramifications of having a price ceiling on any commodity that is.

Also, the definition of a Cadillac insurance plan is variable to the ACA, so what may not qualify one year may qualify the next....
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2013-10-22 14:15:32
Link | Quote | Reply

lol why is it reality when you like what he says but its just liberal controlled media misinformation and falsities when you don't like it?

lol I didn't say that! What makes you think I ever thought that? Take a step back dude and relax.....

Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-22 14:16:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally... a game!

Edit: it is my fault for making an assumption and since you asked it was based off your comments on bashing MSM and it's almost monoploization of media in which stewart has been mentioned before... not anything you said right there...
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-22 14:26:47
Link | Quote | Reply

idk about your lawmaker... but mine needs a <--- OVER written on his palm to find the back of his hand... I drew the arrow pointing the other way and he judo flipped himself trying to find it.... he watches a video every morning like in that movie 50 First Dates to remember his name...

His aide has this speech memorized... Sir, the underwear is worn inside your pants... and you may want to consider some clean ones...
First Page 2 3 ... 62 63 64 ... 99 100 101