Shut 'em Down!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Shut 'em down!
Shut 'em down!
First Page 2 3 ... 56 57 58 ... 99 100 101
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2013-10-18 12:34:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
I'm fully behind Picard > Kirk. I like Kirks swashbuckling, cocky attitude but in real situation that type of behavior does not a good captain make.

Picard has so many good lines once TNG took off that it's hard not to like him even if he isn't action hero material.

15mins of win
YouTube Video Placeholder

He did, but c'mon Picard in his "action movie prime" (Star Trek 7-10) was a sub par tuff guy, to Kirk's awful reincarnated caricature in "Generations". Nuff said.

Kirk's cowboy style, while over the top sometimes, really makes for a better 2-hr movie protagonist. Plus TNG had way to many primary characters, to keep track of during a movie (better for a 7 year series), TOS had Kirk and Spock.

and screw you guys, Sisko > All! (braces for tomatoes)
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-10-18 12:35:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Space AIDS!

joking aside

I was serious.

there's no way you could bang all those aliens so willy-nilly for so long without some repercussions.

Alien AIDS! WTF am I missing? Should I be terrified?!?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-10-18 12:42:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »

Holy ***, I think we just broke the website.

....because I'm in full agreement. DS9 took Trek to a good place.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-18 12:43:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Deep Space 9 > Next Generation.

Hell Babylon 5 wasn't a bad series.

Dr. Who does suck.

Star Wars really isn't that good if you go back and watch it.
Though Han Solo is pretty cool.

Garth Marenghis Dark Place should get honorable mentions.

*Runs before the picthfork mob can retaliate*
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-18 12:43:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
*** that's a weird jam there niko, though admittedly I only made it to about 5-6 mins in.

nick cave is a weird dude... I like his birthday party stuff better

but murder ballads seemed to go with the blood and gore theme we had going for a second.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-10-18 12:46:38
Link | Quote | Reply

He did, but c'mon Picard in his "action movie prime" (Star Trek 7-10) was a sub par tuff guy, to Kirk's awful reincarnated caricature in "Generations". Nuff said.

Kirk's cowboy style, while over the top sometimes, really makes for a better 2-hr movie protagonist. Plus TNG had way to many primary characters, to keep track of during a movie (better for a 7 year series), TOS had Kirk and Spock.

I never really liked the TNG movies as they were all pretty lame overall. They lacked the camp and charm of the TOS cast and Insurrection might as well been a TV special. Nemesis was completely unnecessary and Generations was afterbirth. James T. Kirk dies by having a bridge dropped on him? Who the *** greenlit that?

The closest they got to a good movie was First Contact and that movie spawned memes because of how silly some of the scenes were.

Trek: TNG = DS9 > TOS > VOY > ENT

Voyager and Enterprise wish they had characters like Gul Dukat, Quark, Sisko or Garak.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-18 12:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

enterprise basically killed the franchise.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-10-18 12:56:39
Link | Quote | Reply

If you view Voyager as a full-on Star Trek parody, it's actually quite brilliant.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-18 13:01:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I never really liked the TNG movies as they were all pretty lame overall. They lacked the camp and charm of the TOS cast and Insurrection might as well been a TV special. Nemesis was completely unnecessary and Generations was afterbirth. James T. Kirk dies by having a bridge dropped on him? Who the *** greenlit that?

The closest they got to a good movie was First Contact and that movie spawned memes because of how silly some of the scenes were.

Trek: TNG = DS9 > TOS > VOY > ENT

Voyager and Enterprise wish they had characters like Gul Dukat, Quark, Sisko or Garak.
I never went beyond TNG myself tbh.

I actually only started watching Star Trek when I was living in Japan and it was the only English language show I could find that wasn't dubbed. After 9 months of it, you tend to be a fan.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-18 13:18:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Squishytaru said: »
I personally like when Yoda and Han Solo in their Tea Fighter use a phaser to make a bomb out of their ship. Which they then crash into the commandeered star ship Enterprise. Thus wiping out the entire Romulan Cylon threat.
fix'd
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-10-18 13:19:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »

Voyager did most of the heavy lifting already. Janeway and the Doctor were carrying the show by its end. Enterprise days were already numbered and the Space Muslims arc didn't help.

VOY and ENT also had pretty forgettable crews.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-18 13:33:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Voyager did most of the heavy lifting already. Janeway and the Doctor were carrying the show by its end. Enterprise days were already numbered and the Space Muslims arc didn't help.

I think voyager just strayed too far from it's original premise. The idea of enemies uniting for the purpose of getting home. A seditious group joining forces with an orphaned member of the establishment and facing unknown threats in a completely unknown place was a pretty fresh idea within the serial sci-fi genre. But, they tried to make it a feel-good show set in space, and the last couple seasons they were just milking the crap out of it, trying to squeeze every last ad dollar out of what should have been a 3 part finale.

They kinda did the same thing with Battlestar Galactica with the whole Cylon occupation of New Caprica and finding Earth dead. But they did manage to wrap it up in a surprisingly good way.

Enterprise was doomed from day one. Even though you knew that there were ships before the Enterprise C, trying to put a show together about the future, but in the past, but more progressive... And then the cast friggin Bakula...
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-18 13:41:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Deep Space 9 > Next Generation.

Hell Babylon 5 wasn't a bad series.

Dr. Who does suck.

Star Wars really isn't that good if you go back and watch it.
Though Han Solo is pretty cool.

Garth Marenghis Dark Place should get honorable mentions.

*Runs before the picthfork mob can retaliate*

idk I saw star wars several months after it came out in 77 and my friends were all geeking so hard over it YOU HAVE GOT TO SEE THIS MOVIE I SAW IT FIFTY SEVEN TIMES AND JUST KEEPS GETTING BETTER EVERY TIME I SEE IT WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR!!!!

So I finally went and it was meh, and everyone ***themselves because I didn't construct a shrine to it...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-10-18 13:48:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Half the characters in Voyager were dropped to milk characters like Kes and Neelix who were all but completely useless to the overall narrative of Federation v. Marquis. The premise of being lost in space with opposing forces was sound but it becomes unrealistic when you're bumping into foreign races for resources that rightfully shouldn't be compatible with your ship. The reason they had to hit the reset button so many times was that unlike TNG or DS9 where you could retreat to drydock for repairs, lose a few nameless crewmen Voyager had to just deal with it then return to equilibrium because they're only so much you can do when resources are so tight.

Then you throw in the Borg and expect viewers to believe that one Federation ship alone in unfamiliar space could deal with the same goons that tore them a new one at Wolf 359? Ok.

Janeway wildly fluctuating from a calm, thoughtful matron to a dictator who holds senior officer meetings only to do what she wanted anyway makes alot of sense. No one would stage a mutiny after that type of behavior after being lost in space because of her stupid orders. Nope. Robert Beltran and Garret Wong were both absolutely correct in stating their characters were woefully underdeveloped when they're supposed to be part of the senior staff.

Enterprise? Asian bookworm, black guy in space, redneck engineer, sarcastic british military type, weirdo doctor, vulcan and doggie. In space! The show suffered from getting good right before getting canned.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-10-18 13:53:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm...At least no one is fighting. Mission accomplished!

[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2013-10-18 13:54:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Also Id take cold hearted blonde human cyborg over cold hearted brunette pointy eared vulcan any day of the week.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-10-18 13:54:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Until the next border skirmish!
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-18 13:54:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Half the characters in Voyager were dropped to milk characters like Kes and Neelix who were all but completely useless to the overall narrative of Federation v. Marquis. The premise of being lost in space with opposing forces was sound but it becomes unrealistic when you're bumping into foreign races for resources that rightfully shouldn't be compatible with your ship. The reason they had to hit the reset button so many times was that unlike TNG or DS9 where you could retreat to drydock for repairs, lose a few nameless crewmen Voyager had to just deal with it then return to equilibrium because they're only so much you can do when resources are so tight.

Then you throw in the Borg and expect viewers to believe that one Federation ship alone in unfamiliar space could deal with the same goons that tore them a new one at Wolf 359? Ok.

Janeway wildly fluctuating from a calm, thoughtful matron to a dictator who holds senior officer meetings only to do what she wanted anyway makes alot of sense. No one would stage a mutiny after that type of behavior after being lost in space because of her stupid orders. Nope. Robert Beltran and Garret Wong were both absolutely correct in stating their characters were woefully underdeveloped and they're supposed to be part of the senior staff.

Enterprise? Asian bookworm, black guy in space, redneck engineer, sarcastic british military type, weirdo doctor, vulcan and doggie. In space! The show suffered from getting good right before getting canned.

That happens to a lot of good sci-fi series. They get such short initial runs that they either have to mirror some existing universe or risk spending the first half of their 10 episode run explaining the world they are in at the risk of over simplified stories or character development. I think Firefly was just starting to pick up when it got fox-dumpstered.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2013-10-18 13:59:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey I really liked the Q episodes. They needed to do more of them, across the whole series. I'm kinda BS that he didn't make it into at least one TNG movie.

I really didn't like how they tried to push the whole "advances in makeup technology had nothing to do with why the Klingons look so different" plot line.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-18 14:18:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »

I blame squishy!!!

Asura.Squishytaru said: »
Dr. Who is terrible

he is like a derail engineer or something...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-18 14:34:03
Link | Quote | Reply

What's great about this video?

Megyn Kelley's pursed lips along with the "What the *** is this ***??" facial expression.

Apparently McConnel, Graham, Alexander and Cochran up on the "primaried" target board because they're "status quo".
Lindsey Garham is status quo? Why I've never....

oh and: "..Heck ya, they gotta be Primaried, cause otherwise...We're going Doooown" -Palin.

And we all know how Sarah likes to go down. Ain't that right Glenn Rice?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2013-10-18 15:00:53
Link | Quote | Reply

They will all get primaried. If suitable conservatives arise to take their place they will in fact be replaced. The Grand Ol Party will learn the hard way it cannot win elections without the support of its "constitution-ist" base.

One only needs to look in the direction of McCain and Romney to see how 'winable' it's moderates RINOs are.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-18 15:03:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I ain't listenin to her and you can't make me!!!

Nobody makes me want to kill everyone in Minnesooooottadontchaknow quite like her...

Say what you want about obama's lack of leadership ability but if nothing else he did save us from her vice presidency... so I think we all owe him a debt of gratitude for that.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-18 15:11:24
Link | Quote | Reply

They will all get primaried. If suitable conservatives arise to take their place they will in fact be replaced. The Grand Ol Party will learn the hard way it cannot win elections without the support of its "constitution-ist" base.

One only needs to look in the direction of McCain and Romney to see how 'winable' it's moderates RINOs are.

The problem people have with taking you guys seriously is Rick Scarborough a leader of the T.E.A party wanting to file a class action lawsuit against Homosexuality. You guys really want to be taken seriously don't be like the Muslim Brotherhood who wants to file a suit against "Hollywood".

https://soundcloud.com/rightwingwatch/scarborough-class-action
@30 seconds Rick Scarborough pitches the idea.

*edit: Rightwingwatch posts some knee jerk reaction hate filled stuff so listen to it with a grain of salt if you find it offensive to your sensibilities.
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2013-10-18 15:16:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Sarah Palin's endorsement ensures victory for the other guy, you would think she would have learned her lesson in regards to "target boards" after the Gifford's shooting. Mitch McConnell has been under fire for a while now, but those other 3 aren't in any danger from the Tea Party. The Tea Party should only focus on holding onto what seats it has left at this point, they aren't winning elections.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2013-10-18 15:29:16
Link | Quote | Reply

A) What makes you think hes a leader of the TEA party?

B) As if the others on the left's fringe are of any suitable comparison.

You guys have such weird priorities, I could survive within a society that turned anti-homosexual, or one that uniformly shunned it in the public sphere (I don't really believe anyone's 100% strait either). Living in a world that threw out the notion of "private property and/or wealth" (the colectivist's dream) would me miserable for everyone. Just asked those comrades who lived through it during the good ol days of the USSR...
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-18 15:37:51
Link | Quote | Reply

A) He is the founder of T.E.A. Party Unity.

B) There are kooks on the left but none have proposed something ridiculous like a class action lawsuit against Christianity or Capitalism.

funny you mentioned the USSR in the same breath of surviving in a society that turned anti-homosexual and a former communist society.
By Enuyasha 2013-10-18 18:33:39
Link | Quote | Reply

well, for two pages and a half we had a good ole "We are now united!" spirit...and then theres a FOX video :(

Anyway, im going to be THAT PERSON and say i like Dr.Who to an extent...didnt really get into Star Wars/Trek, and im mostly a sci-fi horror fanboy who would rather watch ALL of the Aliens series (because i loved that series so much [even prometheus >_>]) :<

I do constantly make points about how we as a nation are slowly becoming like Starship Troopers...but meh.

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
A) He is the founder of T.E.A. Party Unity.

B) There are kooks on the left but none have proposed something ridiculous like a class action lawsuit against Christianity or Capitalism.

funny you mentioned the USSR in the same breath of surviving in a society that turned anti-homosexual and a former communist society.

Yea, the Soviet Union was doing just fine until it jumped off a cliff because of the whole "Keeping up with the Joneses" Cold War sentiments. "US harnesses the atom? *** that, we'll make a whole city run on nuclear energy with abuncha duct tape keeping it together!" I think had the Anti-communism nonsense would've never began (someone please grammar nazi that, i dont know how to fix it) the Soviet Union really could've stabilized and become a very efficient world power :< And thats not just because im a sociocommunist!

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 56 57 58 ... 99 100 101