Shut 'em Down!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Shut 'em down!
Shut 'em down!
First Page 2 3 ... 29 30 31 ... 99 100 101
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-09 20:56:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Zerowone said: »
What kind of loser wants to be taken seriously on the internet?... oh wait YOU.
Yup, when you can't make an argument for your case or against the opposing case, the only options you have left is to attempt to demean a person.

Next thing you will do is resort to a bunch of "No U!" memes
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-09 21:01:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Yup, when you can't make an argument for your case or against the opposing case, the only options you have left is to attempt to demean a person.

Those glass houses...
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-09 21:06:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »

Those glass houses...
yeah, you shouldn't throw those stones Jassik.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-10-09 21:33:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope everyone in the Tea Party is rounded up by my lord and master Barack Hussain (Allah praise him) Obama and is tried for treason.

Your move.
[+]
By Zerowone 2013-10-09 22:46:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey at least I haven't resorted to being an Internet spelling nazi. hmmmmmm.

It's what you do, while most see you as:

Don't quit your dayjob you suck at being a psychic.

Sparthos I like where you are going! Ballsy to say the least!
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-09 22:55:27
Link | Quote | Reply

It would be funny to see him make an address all Sam Jackson in Pulp Fiction. Release some of that "furious anger" and let the wackos know what a dictator really is.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Fumiku 2013-10-10 00:56:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I was learning in this thread....
[+]
By Enuyasha 2013-10-10 02:08:37
Link | Quote | Reply

It would be funny to see him make an address all Sam Jackson in Pulp Fiction. Release some of that "furious anger" and let the wackos know what a dictator really is.
I would definitely like to see Obama go all ratchet ghetto on some poor Tea Party individual. Would be the best viral Youtube video ever :<
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-10 07:13:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Fumiku said: »
When Zero goes away, we can get back to topic.

Happy 10th day shutdown everyone.

Opening government to the American People? Nope, restoring aid to Egypt is on the government's mind. Lets blame the Tea Party for this one!
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2013-10-10 07:20:00
Link | Quote | Reply

You're also free to ignore him and anyone else who tries to derail.

To everyone else, this is not the Flame Core, keep things civil or get out.
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
Server: Siren
user: Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-10 08:20:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Blacksunshine said: »
This whole thing is crap. We're witnessing a pissing contest between the 2 leading political parties at the expense of govt. workers that are expendable according to the people that wont feel the effects of this made up struggle. When will people wake up collectively and decide that NEITHER of these parties have our best interests in mind? Both have MAJOR faults. So until other options are viable, nothing will change and the public in general will become more polarized. And before someone decides to blow smoke and tell me that you can vote for others that aren't part of these parties, I'd like to mention that the majority of the public knee jerk votes along party lines. Therefore, making another party or independent candidate unlikely to make a dent in an election. So why bother arguing over how bad the other side is when BOTH are just terrible? Lastly, I'd LOVE to see political parties affiliations taken off of the ballots during elections. I guarantee that people would lose their minds if they didnt have their votes spelled out for them already...
Voting incumbents out of office for doing a poor job would send a message... a strong one in fact... that they are not safe in their positions anymore and that they will have to listen to us if they want to be again... not just those that supply the funding...
[+]
By Zerowone 2013-10-10 08:31:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Flavin said: »
Voting incumbents out of office for doing a poor job would send a message... a strong one in fact... that they are not safe in their positions anymore and that they will have to listen to us if they want to be again... not just those that supply the funding...

The real problem is that we just simply can't do that. While the majority of the public opinion on a national level might be that we want them tar and feathered for their actions (hyperbolic historical reference). We simply can't just get rid of them. We can only get rid of the ones in our congressional district within the state we live. Thats why a lot these congressional members can do whatever they want, shut the government down and as long they represent a swath of a state that is anti-federal government then they are golden.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-10-10 08:34:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Vote for me in 2020 (when I'm at a legal age to become president) and I'll decide how to balance the national budget!

You better hop-to, buddy. State elections are next year! I guess I need to be on the watch for a former accountant out of Bexar County (and good luck with that one)?

Great! I also recall you admitting you haven't paid attention to politics on the state level since you've been Perry coasting. Won't this be grand!?! Next, you'll be telling me something crazy like you almost failed out of A&M while seeking a bachelors in Ag or Animal Science! :/

FFXIAH has witnessed the birth of a Texas politician today! We should feel honored!
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-10 09:06:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
You better hop-to, buddy. State elections are next year! I guess I need to be on the watch for a former accountant out of Bexar County (and good luck with that one)?

Great! I also recall you admitting you haven't paid attention to politics on the state level since you've been Perry coasting. Won't this be grand!?! Next, you'll be telling me something crazy like you almost failed out of A&M while seeking a bachelors in Ag or Animal Science! :/

FFXIAH has witnessed the birth of a Texas politician today! We should feel honored!
Wow, stalker!

My whole platform would be that I have not been influenced by politics on any level. My knowledge of governmental management comes from outside observations and knowledge in my field. People want somebody who isn't set into the system, they have been complaining about how corrupt politicians are because they have been in system for so long, they are pretty much stuck in the status quo of Washington politics. I would be the breath of fresh air needed to revitalize the country. So, no, I will not be tainted by local and state elections.

I mean, if a "community leader" and a senator who has voted "present" in almost the entire term as senator became president, why shouldn't I?
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-10 09:09:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said: »
Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Bahamut.Kara said: »
[I recall lots of protests but not one about the amount of white house staff he had.

Well if you don't remember it, then it didn't happen...

Hey, person who claims a protest would happen/happened because of x gets to prove that.

WELL I AIN'T DOIN IT! /crosses arms defiantly

Anna Ruthven said: »
You're also free to ignore him and anyone else who tries to derail.

To everyone else, this is not the Flame Core, keep things civil or get out.

It is too flame core! YOUR MOM!!!!

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
I hope everyone in the Tea Party is rounded up by my lord and master Barack Hussain (Allah praise him) Obama and is tried for treason.

Your move.

Let's tar and feather all the politicians!!!

wait, that much tar may cause a huge environmental impact...

Perhaps we should limit it too every congressman, every senator, all their aids and everyone in the whitehouse...

you pluck the chickens, I'll warm up the tar!!!
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-10-10 09:10:08
Link | Quote | Reply

You're taking yourself too seriously again. You said you lived in SA. SA is in what county? I'm more or less poking fun at TX than you. Your lack of humor is strange and off-putting.

EDIT: I think Pleebo is right about the sarcasm tags.

DOUBLE EDIT: You love Ted Cruz, don't you? :/
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-10 09:15:36
Link | Quote | Reply

obama never once voted present as a us senator, that's a flat out fox news lie.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2013-10-10 09:17:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Runner fined 100 bucks for running through a shutdown park Hell hath no fury like an Obama scorned.
I give you credit to sticking to your guns on this nonsense lol...

at least he doesn't go down to the parks themselves and *** out the people who work at the parks like the pubs... lol...

Ok, serious question to you.

I've posted several links pointing to NPS (National Park Service) going to great lengths to aggravate and keep people out of parks (vets, tourists, etc). Here's another one where they're blocking scenic stops along the highways at Mt Rushmore.

Yet the same organization allowed a "pro-immigration rally" yesterday in the national mall undoubtedly full of illegal immigrants. Clearly, someone is directing this department to execute a particular agenda where group X gets treated one way and group y gets treated another.

The National Park Service is a wing of the Department of the Interior. That is headed by the Secretary of the Interior, a member of the President's cabinet. Obama hand picked him to do this job and this is what's happening.

What wizardry do you practice where you don't hold Obama responsible for this?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-10 09:17:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
You're taking yourself too seriously again. You said you lived in SA. SA is in what county? I'm more or less poking fun at TX than you. Your lack of humor is strange and off-putting.

EDIT: I think Pleebo is right about the sarcasm tags.

DOUBLE EDIT: You love Ted Cruz, don't you? :/
I forgot I mentioned that I live in San Antonio >.>

Also, what's wrong with my humor?

And I'm neutral about Ted Cruz. I like how he sticks with his views fully, but I don't agree with his viewpoint. But he was better than that other guy that was running for the Senate.

You can respect and disagree with a person at the same time.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-10 09:19:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Because they didn't see Obama give the order themselves.

But Bush could sneeze and they would accuse him of mass genocide.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-10 09:22:38
Link | Quote | Reply

obama never once voted present as a us senator, that's a flat out fox news lie.

He was born on Titan! (largest moon of saturn) And is therefore an illegal space alien so all his votes don't count!!!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2013-10-10 09:28:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Because they didn't see Obama give the order themselves.

But Bush could sneeze and they would accuse him of mass genocide.

Bingo! Someone could report that, but if Flavin, Pleebo et all didn't see it "personally" they'd simply ignore that too, "that's biased reporting, it doesn't count". I would bet money they do that because they're leftists and value ideology over everything else. However I salivate over the idea of them "cutting the first black president a break" because that would be the ultimate in hypocrisy. If that was the case they'd also be racist.

Maybe that's too harsh, it doesn't help that the media doesn't even ask him anything but softball questions at his pressers. However, a compliant media is pretty obvious to all but the most partisan among us, so it's hard to give them a break over that. I'd like to think most of them are all smart enough to put those pieces together.
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-10 09:40:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Runner fined 100 bucks for running through a shutdown park Hell hath no fury like an Obama scorned.
I give you credit to sticking to your guns on this nonsense lol... at least he doesn't go down to the parks themselves and *** out the people who work at the parks like the pubs... lol...
Ok, serious question to you. I've posted several links pointing to NPS (National Park Service) going to great lengths to aggravate and keep people out of parks (vets, tourists, etc). Here's another one where they're blocking scenic stops along the highways at Mt Rushmore. Yet the same organization allowed a "pro-immigration rally" yesterday in the national mall undoubtedly full of illegal immigrants. Clearly, someone is directing this department to execute a particular agenda where group X gets treated one way and group y gets treated another. The National Park Service is a wing of the Department of the Interior. That is headed by the Secretary of the Interior, a member of the President's cabinet. Obama hand picked him to do this job and this is what's happening. What wizardry do you practice where you don't hold Obama responsible for this?
Why are you focusing so hard on National parks? Why do you ignore anything that republicans do? Why don't you answer any questions fielded to you and only come back with your tired rhetoric?

To answer your question... 1) Republican nonsense and politics are the reason the parks were closed in the first place... republican nonsense and politics are what keep the parks closed... 2) I don't think you understand that as the federal government is in charge of these parks and services if they are not staffed and running when things go wrong no one will be there to assist and also they are still legally responsible for any activities that go on there... When it's shut down people should be staying out... if they're that pissed off about it then keep bugging the ***out of your reps to do something about it...

I know you want to take small examples of what you think is important and try to blast Obama for the rock on the ground that was in your way this morning but yea... until you bring something to the table that actually has any merit then yeah... Your exactly like the media... take anything you think you can get a hold of and sensationalize it for your audience...

So why are you ok with republican representatives going to the parks and bitching out park workers "for not doing their job" and you're not ok with the parks remaining shut down and people being kept out?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2013-10-10 09:40:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Also does anyone have anything to say about the proposed ~90 million dollar proposed Obamacare site that has instead cost over 600 million (and still doesn't work).
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-10 09:43:48
Link | Quote | Reply

In trying to find news of a protest to support my claim about how much bush spent on personal staff... I was inundated by 28,000,000 hits for bush protest on google and promptly quit....

The thing that stuck out the most is the lack of anti war protests NOW while the global war on terror is still raging...

Suddenly we have a democrat in the white house and everyone shrugs and says..."well,...... I'm sure he has his reasons... " and quietly went home.....

HELLO! PEOPLE! Where is the outrage!? People are dying, we're still doing the killing and everyone is ok with it now?

I had the signs all painted, the torches moistened with flammable liquids, the pitchforks all have a nice rusty patina and nobody showed up!

What the hell is wrong with people!? YOU SUCK!!!
You're all fired.

Instead all I got skateboarders thrashing in national monument parks!

Burn a couch! Roll a car over! Get mad and do something!!!!
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-10 09:45:14
Link | Quote | Reply

yes, it stinks and I don't like it.

MOVING ON!!!
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-10 09:48:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Because they didn't see Obama give the order themselves. But Bush could sneeze and they would accuse him of mass genocide.
I did nothing of the sort lol... you guys just don't see anything past what's reported to you on whatever media outlet you watch lol... you see an opportunity to smash the other side and don't seem to think about much else other than to try to act on that... Sensationalism at its finest...

It's kinda like how you said you can respect someone and still not agree with em... well you can disagree with something but that doesn't make it wrong lol...
First Page 2 3 ... 29 30 31 ... 99 100 101