Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Breaking Bad
Breaking Bad
 Lakshmi.Splinters
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Splinters
By Lakshmi.Splinters 2013-09-16 05:10:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't been so excited and sad at a show's ending since The Sopranos. Breaking Bad is just amazing at building tension with every scene on its way to the end. Even the little things like Marie skipping the usual purple outfit for that black dress on her way to see Skyler at the car wash.

Dexter, I don't even care at this point, the writing this last season has been so bad.
 Cerberus.Kodaijin
Server: Cerberus
user: Kodaijin
By Cerberus.Kodaijin 2013-09-16 09:09:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Breaking bad was really good. Skylar still annoys the hell out of me.

As for Dexter, does it annoy anyone else that they haven't even attempted to change Hannah's appearance?? Still blonde and wearing "look at me" clothes. Special Agent after me... Better put on this tight pink dress and look the exact same as my old ID photos
By kogasho 2013-09-16 09:46:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Lastnight's episode was really huge, a lot of loose ends get tied up, we get to see how in the end Walter does this for his family and for his family to betray him like that... When he took his daughter, I really think he took her at first place because if they would run away an begin new lives, she wouldn't remember him as the "Monster" everybody "Sees" him to be at the moment.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2013-09-16 16:44:28
Link | Quote | Reply

So much awesome. Not only was it using Percy Shelley's Ozymandias, but it drew from Watchmen as well when:
[+]
By fonewear 2013-09-16 17:27:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Watchmen is the most interested graphic novel I've ever read. Could read it many times. I've even read a Watchmen and Philosophy book makes reading it a lot more interesting.
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2013-09-16 18:15:03
Link | Quote | Reply

kogasho said: »
Lastnight's episode was really huge, a lot of loose ends get tied up, we get to see how in the end Walter does this for his family and for his family to betray him like that... When he took his daughter, I really think he took her at first place because if they would run away an begin new lives, she wouldn't remember him as the "Monster" everybody "Sees" him to be at the moment.

A few people have also been talking about the possibility that Walt took her on purpose knowing that she would call the police and assuming when he called the police would be there. Even though she said there was no cops, he knew there was and he said what he said to exonerate her. Makes sense and seems like typical Walter. He probably had that planned in case ***hit the fan so he could make sure only he was put in handcuffs. I think he was crying crying during the phone call because he didn't want to call her a *** and say what he had to say...that he would kill her and such. He was forcing himself to say it because he knew the cops would be listening.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-09-16 18:46:44
Link | Quote | Reply

That is the explanation for it, lol. There's not much ambiguity in that scene. But I don't think any of it was planned beforehand. He snatched Holly as a desperate move to hold onto a part of his family but realized what a huge mistake it was when she started calling for her mother in the changing room. He is a monster and he finally realized it.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2013-09-16 18:55:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm with Bojack on this, watching the scene with the knife he was the only one with his sensibilities. After the fight, while Walt Jr. was on the phone, the camera switched to him several times with a "desperate thinking" face. He knew the cops were going to come to the house and taking Holly would ensure that they would stay there until he was out of danger's way.

He "realized he was a monster" long before hearing Holly call for her mom. It was obvious in the scene with Walt Jr. calling the cops on him.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dannyl
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2013-09-16 18:57:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Jesse is right. Walter is the devil.

come on.... "I watched Jane die"

Can't wait for the series to end.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-09-16 19:20:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know. Panicky Walt has rarely ever made clear, rational decisions like that. That's pretty evident on his obliviousness towards his family while he's screaming at them to pack up and leave. That was the most desperate moment in his life and I think he just acted out of pure selfishness when he grabbed Holly.

He was always able to lie to himself and say his actions were for his family, but I believe he realized his own lie in the bathroom and that's what motivated him to pull the hardcore abusive act with Skyler.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2013-09-16 19:31:36
Link | Quote | Reply

It's all non-verbal communication so it's pretty much up in the air until the Blu-ray release and commentary comes out. To me, the bathroom scene really just felt like he was saying, "Yes, yes, I know you want your mother... but this is the last I'll probably ever see of you". While the scene where Walt Jr. was calling the police on him was more like, "Oh my God, my own son is calling the police on me, how did it come to this?" Then his frantic looks around at what his next move could be.

As for Walt messing with Jesse, he's holding him accountable for Hank's death. Jesse "killed" Hank, so now Walt will get him back by telling him about Jane.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Khrnos
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: khrnos
By Quetzalcoatl.Khrnos 2013-09-16 21:14:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't it seem as thought Hank and Marie are a bit too earnest in regards to Walt? I mean he's not an angel but he's family right? As soon as they find out, the only thing they want to do is send him to prison for a very long time, no other course of action possible. I guess Hank's DEA background is a factor but still.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-09-16 21:29:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, Hank has witnessed the aftermath of Heisenberg firsthand for the past 4 seasons so I can see how the immediate reaction is to get the ***. And Marie came close to losing Hank the first time he was shot (which had a connection to Walt), she's worried about the kids when she finds out, plus she's an emotional person in general so her reaction seems appropriate.
 Bahamut.Bojack
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2013-09-17 09:20:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's my prediction for the final scene of breaking bad:

- Wide-angle view showing Walt sitting alone somewhere with a cup of coffee in front of him.
- A close-up shot of Walt drinking from the cup.
- Then a close-up shot of the table next to the cup showing the empty tube of ricin before showing the credits.
By Fyyvoaa 2013-09-29 21:17:14
Link | Quote | Reply

That finale...

Damn.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2013-09-29 21:25:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Did he break good?
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2013-09-29 21:39:30
Link | Quote | Reply

***. Perfect.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2013-09-29 21:40:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, totally gotta brag -- I perfect scored on the bracket that's floating around. Go me!
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2013-09-29 22:17:30
Link | Quote | Reply

My only disappointment with the series is that Walt never tried meth. You'd figure he'd have tried it once... just for comedy's sake.

Was a great episode. Maybe Vince Gilligan will write a do-over episode for the Dexter team.
 Ragnarok.Beef
Server: Ragnarok
user: beeeeef
By Ragnarok.Beef 2013-09-30 00:35:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Omnys said: »
My only disappointment with the series is that Walt never tried meth. You'd figure he'd have tried it once...

nah, the first rule of drug dealing, 'never get high on your own supply'
 Asura.Melbufrauma
Server: Asura
By Asura.Melbufrauma 2013-09-30 01:03:41
Link | Quote | Reply

For those that didn't know or get it:
The last episode is called "Felina" which is also an anagram for Finale. But also has another meaning; Fe-Li-Na = Iron-Lithium-Sodium = Blood-Meth-Tears.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-09-30 01:59:04
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

T_T
[+]
 Valefor.Houppelande
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Houppelande 2013-09-30 03:15:35
Link | Quote | Reply

RIP Walter White
[+]
 Phoenix.Fezz
Server: Phoenix
user: Fezz
By Phoenix.Fezz 2013-09-30 06:07:01
Link | Quote | Reply

spoilered for spoilers
 Asura.Zekky
Server: Asura
user: Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2013-09-30 06:27:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Melbufrauma said: »
For those that didn't know or get it:
The last episode is called "Felina" which is also an anagram for Finale. But also has another meaning; Fe-Li-Na = Iron-Lithium-Sodium = Blood-Meth-Tears.
Vince is a god damn genius. Putting little inserts like that throughout the show.

So my wife and I have been debating on a part in the show and maybe some people can share their thoughts on the situation.

The scene where Walter confronted Uncle Jack and mentioned Pinkman being partners with them. And he's brought to the room and Walter sees him and then throws himself on him to prevent the oncoming slaughter from hitting him.

Her thoughts on it was that Walter wanted Pinkman brought there so that he could make sure of his location and then cover him while the mini-gun was going off.

My thoughts was that Walter really thought Pinkman was partners with them and Uncle Jack had gone back on his word. He wanted Pinkman there so he could finish the job himself. But when he saw Pinkman all scarred up and nasty as hell, he had a change of heart and decided to protect/save him. Anyone? o.O
By fonewear 2013-09-30 06:39:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Watched finale episode so I don't have to watch any other part of the series.
 Fenrir.Greever
Server: Fenrir
user: Greever
By Fenrir.Greever 2013-09-30 06:39:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fezz said: »
spoilered for spoilers
 Phoenix.Meektaru
Server: Phoenix
user: Meekriot
By Phoenix.Meektaru 2013-09-30 07:29:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Greever said: »
spoilered for spoilers

This is how I saw it, too. Phenomenal end to a great series. Already wish there was more next week :(
 Cerberus.Kodaijin
user: Kodaijin
By Cerberus.Kodaijin 2013-09-30 09:11:52
Link | Quote | Reply

spoilered for spoilers

Asura.Zekky said: »
By fonewear 2013-09-30 09:31:56
Link | Quote | Reply

All the spoilers is making this thread hard to read.