Bismarck.Alyora
VIP
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: alyria
By Bismarck.Alyora 2013-09-03 13:21:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey everyone!

Now that ffxiv is out and many are slowly getting into it, I would like to take this time to welcome everyone to ffxivpro (2.0?).

When 1.0 came out, this site was created on attachment to ffxiah. The site of course slowly went down along with 1.0. But hopefully 2.0 is going to resurrect this site with more community involvement!

I am sure many of us are looking for guides, info, etc. for ARR. As many have done with creating guides, info, and more with ffxiah, please feel free to build a guide for ffxiv.

Let's keep the site growing!

If you make a guide, I sometimes may miss to sticky. Just send me a pm to sticky :)
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ravant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-09-03 13:36:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a question actually. I tried to add my FFXIV character to my account and I see the servers are finally reflecting the 2.0 servers but when I add my characters name, it gives me a key and says to put it in my Lodestone biography and then click Check Key after.

First when I click the link to the biography it takes me to the Lodestone site but says I have no characters on my account. I don't understand why it says that when I do.

I also don't see a Check Key button anywhere.

Question would be am I doing something wrong or is adding XIV characters not full working yet?
 Bismarck.Tragedie
By Bismarck.Tragedie 2013-09-03 13:55:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ravant said: »
First when I click the link to the biography it takes me to the Lodestone site but says I have no characters on my account. I don't understand why it says that when I do.

It's taking us to the old lodestone website; the new one lets you log in and edit your profile:
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/my/

Log in, choose which character to make active, click on the character name, and to the right of "Character Profile" there is an Edit button (gold gear cog icon). However...

I'm in your boat on this one.
 Ragnarok.Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-09-03 14:18:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Tragedie said: »

It's taking us to the old lodestone website; the new one lets you log in and edit your profile:

Log in, choose which character to make active, click on the character name, and to the right of "Character Profile" there is an Edit button (gold gear cog icon). However...

Ok, I did this previously for Guildwork. I added both codes for GW and for XIV on there but again, with no Check Key it won't confirm my character. It's updating my character on GW fine, but not XIVpro.
 Bismarck.Alyora
VIP
By Bismarck.Alyora 2013-09-03 16:52:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll have to msg Scragg and get bk to you
 Ragnarok.Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-09-03 19:49:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Alyora said: »
I'll have to msg Scragg and get bk to you

Appreciated. Thanks!
 Bismarck.Alyora
VIP
By Bismarck.Alyora 2013-09-04 08:14:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Response:

Currently Scragg is out of town, he will work on it after he returns. No time estimate.

For now everyone will have to wait patiently for him.
[+]
 Bismarck.Tragedie
By Bismarck.Tragedie 2013-09-04 16:49:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Response:

Currently Scragg is out of town, he will work on it after he returns. No time estimate.

[+]
 Leviathan.Phenomena
Server: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2013-09-04 17:14:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Response:

What? Now we have to wait patiently for stuff? Are you guys working for SE? Whens your emergency maint?

Total jokes btw >.> <3 you guys
[+]
Forum Moderator
By AnnaMolly 2013-09-07 11:08:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bump.
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXIV
By Tragedy Seraph 2013-09-09 00:01:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Character verified! Thanks!

Just a note (again, not important and I know you're working on it, etc., but figured I'd mention if something was broken)...

I posted as my FFXIV character on Leviathan. The link when you click on my name (to the left) leads to:
http://www.ffxivpro.com/player//Tragedy-Seraph/#forum

When it should lead to:
http://www.ffxivpro.com/player/Leviathan/Tragedy-Seraph/#forum

(Again, just reporting a bug)
By Darkalenia 2013-09-09 08:39:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Tragedie said: »

I'm in your boat on this one.

I'm also in this boat.
Forum Moderator
By AnnaMolly 2013-09-09 08:43:38
Link | Quote | Reply

If your server is listed below Balmung in the list, your server choice won't stick, that may cause trouble.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2013-09-09 09:27:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe not... Lol.
Administrator
By Scragg 2013-09-09 09:30:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry for the delay on this.

Tragedy Seraph said: »
I posted as my FFXIV character on Leviathan. The link when you click on my name (to the left) leads to:

When it should lead to:

This should be fixed.

The "check key" button should be available now. A check should take less than 10 seconds but the page will not refresh automatically. I updated the instructions and url. If anyone has suggestions or issues, let me know.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-09-09 09:34:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Scragg said: »

When it should lead to:

This should be fixed.

The "check key" button should be available now. A check should take less than 10 seconds but the page will not refresh automatically. I updated the instructions and url. If anyone has suggestions or issues, let me know.

You are awesome.
Server: Phoenix
By Dalmonn Highwind 2013-09-09 09:35:31
Link | Quote | Reply

When it should lead to:

This should be fixed.

Thank you!
Successfully verified now!
Forum Moderator
By AnnaMolly 2013-09-09 09:41:15
Link | Quote | Reply

When it should lead to:

This should be fixed.

Welcome back, and yeah, just not sure how to set post as character to default, also still having the issue of servers below Balmung on the list not sticking.

EDIT: Got default, nvm that issue.
 Ragnarok.Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-09-09 09:47:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok I seem to have an issue. It wouldn't let me verify character because I had the code for Guildwork in my profile too. Once I removed the GW code it went through. Any way around this?
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2013-09-09 09:51:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok I seem to have an issue. It wouldn't let me verify character because I had the code for Guildwork in my profile too. Once I removed the GW code it went through. Any way around this?
If you mean your Guildwork Token, those are used to link your FFXIAH/FFXIVPro site account to Guildwork.
Server: Sargatanas
By Ravant Lehnsherr 2013-09-09 09:56:14
Link | Quote | Reply

What I mean is when I went to add my character to GW Here it gives me a code to add to my lodestone profile similar to the when you add one on here. So I added GW first and that has been updating fine, but when I went to add the code from here it wouldn't verify until I removed the GW code.
Administrator
By Scragg 2013-09-10 08:31:10
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't need to keep the code in the lodestone profile after ffxivpro or guildwork has verified that character.
 Bismarck.Alyora
VIP
By Bismarck.Alyora 2013-09-10 08:32:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Sweet!
By Ravant Lehnsherr 2013-09-10 08:35:52
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't need to keep the code in the lodestone profile after ffxivpro or guildwork has verified that character.
Sweet!

Thank again :)
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2013-09-10 09:39:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Still got the server issue with any selection after Balmung on the list not sticking. Any idea what that is, Scragg? It seems to be on the site's side.
By Ravant Lehnsherr 2013-09-12 20:32:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Are the character pages going through an overhaul to upgrade to 2.0 stuff? It won't let me check any FFXIV Character pages.

Edit: This is fixed now it seems. Looks good!
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
Server: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2013-09-13 19:00:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Frankly, the reason I started using FFXIAH was the ability to actually see the prices of items on the AH in XI, especially since it was significantly easier to do here than in XI. The community was secondary, but eventually became something I participated in. So in other words, the function of the site was what engaged me, not the forums.

If the same kind of function is available for XIV, then I foresee the same future for XIVpro.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2013-09-13 19:03:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Milamber said: »
Frankly, the reason I started using FFXIAH was the ability to actually see the prices of items on the AH in XI, especially since it was significantly easier to do here than in XI. The community was secondary, but eventually became something I participated in. So in other words, the function of the site was what engaged me, not the forums.

If the same kind of function is available for XIV, then I foresee the same future for XIVpro.
I hope it is...I have actually started to look up stuff to check prices on here...lol
By siariver 2013-09-14 14:20:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a way we can get the old screenshots from 1.0 characters back or ported over to the new ones? The copy's on this site seem to be the only ones I have
user: Dawnn
By Dawn Charis 2013-09-15 14:44:56
Link | Quote | Reply

siariver said: »
Is there a way we can get the old screenshots from 1.0 characters back or ported over to the new ones? The copy's on this site seem to be the only ones I have

Don't know but it raises another question

are screenshots on ffxivpro.com updated regularly? seen the same ones now for quite some time
First Page 2