EA 1, SE 0
First Page 2
 Bismarck.Danz
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2013-09-01 13:07:26
Link | Quote | Reply

so. i can't help but notice that its been 5 days since the launch of FFXIV ARR (full public) and there seems to STILL be a great deal of server issues. not loading NA/EU server lists,
servers constantly being full. error 9000 getting kicked for god knows what reasons. regardless. a crap-tun of issues.

there was one other game that had same issues *cough*simcity2013*cough* and it was resolved whiten the time frame AND the users who where unfortunate to have to deal with the problems were given a free game!

i'm just wandering what anyone else's thoughts on the whole situation.

i know a lot of you want to say "give them a chance it just launched" i beg to differ... it launched 3 years ago. this is a second chance. they should have learned there lessons by now... the game itself i can say is a thousand times better! its a great mix of all the things that make other MMOs soo successful with the twist of the Final Fantasy franchise!

anyway. what is your thoughts on the whole ordeal?
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-09-01 13:17:00
Link | Quote | Reply

There's nothing else to say. Proposed fixes are coming on Wed. and people have been given a free week. People who are foaming right now will be over it in a week.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2013-09-01 13:18:07
Link | Quote | Reply

SE is a Japanese company.
Other than the car makers, the entire corporate culture is very introverted and there's always a "us" "them" aura floating around everything in Japan. They don't see "clients/customers". They see "JP customer" and "Gaijin customer".

Even *** and whorehouses in Japan don't let Gaijin in.
Think about that - you're too low of a race for even a girl who gives up her koochie for a living.
By Quiznor 2013-09-01 13:25:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
There's nothing else to say. Proposed fixes are coming on Wed. and people have been given a free week. People who are foaming right now will be over it in a week.

They'll find something else to *** about. All 5k per server will successfully be able to stay logged in and stable and they'll cry "over crowded,cant do anything! new servers with smaller population caps/login limits and free transfers or I quit!"
 Siren.Knivesz
Server: Siren
By Siren.Knivesz 2013-09-01 13:36:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Quiznor said: »

They'll find something else to *** about. All 5k per server will successfully be able to stay logged in and stable and they'll cry "over crowded,cant do anything! new servers with smaller population caps/login limits and free transfers or I quit!"

They definitely should give free transfers for anyone in a full server to voluntarily leave the server to go to one of the new servers they are opening. Its win/win for everyone. There is no advantage or benefit in being in a full/packed server whatsoever (especially with duty finder and the fact that it takes members from any server not just your own) and plenty of disadvantages to it.
By starfish 2013-09-01 13:37:20
Link | Quote | Reply

how does game like wow handle milions of users ? did they have hundress of servers? just wondering.

i am getting these errors when the time is peak for US. but as i live far away, during my day timme its working fine.

I wonder also if we are getting the connection lost on purpise to reduce the load too Oo or , give other players the chance.

the connection lost 9000 seems to happen when i am chansing zones btw.. i was discovering a new area with lvl 49 mobs around me , i zoned out as i got agro lol, then booom error 9000
 Siren.Knivesz
By Siren.Knivesz 2013-09-01 13:44:59
Link | Quote | Reply

starfish said: »
I wonder also if we are getting the connection lost on purpise to reduce the load too Oo or , give other players the chance

The latter is highly unlikely. Especially considering that I got kicked 5 minutes after logging on for the first time today (by that same 9000 error). Its likely the former.

Edit: Just scrolled up a little. Why do people care so much about whether the JP accept outsiders or not? Unless you live in Japan. I myself couldn't care less about em one way or another.
By Quiznor 2013-09-01 14:11:12
Link | Quote | Reply

how does game like wow handle milions of users ? did they have hundress of servers? just wondering.

i am getting these errors when the time is peak for US. but as i live far away, during my day timme its working fine.

I wonder also if we are getting the connection lost on purpise to reduce the load too Oo or , give other players the chance.

the connection lost 9000 seems to happen when i am chansing zones btw.. i was discovering a new area with lvl 49 mobs around me , i zoned out as i got agro lol, then booom error 9000

This isnt the exact one,but if you've seen the WoW server room,it's very similar to this in size and amount of servers

So yes,they have TONS of seperate servers. My friend joined WoW once because they said "11 million players!". It's 11 million you cant play with because of regional servers and tons of seperate servers!
By volkom 2013-09-01 14:17:29
Link | Quote | Reply

no MMO has a successful smooth launch. to think otherwise is stupid. look at what happened with rift, guildwars2 etc etc. there's been login issues constantly for the first few weeks with those games.
just suck it up and deal with it if you want to play.
By Kimble2013 2013-09-01 15:36:44
Link | Quote | Reply

You're also trying to compare an MMO to a single player game that should have never be forced to be played online.
 Shiva.Kewitt
Server: Shiva
user: ginger
By Shiva.Kewitt 2013-09-01 16:43:22
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
no MMO has a successful smooth launch. to think otherwise is stupid. look at what happened with rift, guildwars2 etc etc. there's been login issues constantly for the first few weeks with those games.

The problem I see with this statement. Is MMO have been around for how long. And no one seems to know how to do it right yet.

That is the real problem. It's not a lack of knowning what's going to happen it's a willingness to say, well its going to happens so let it happen to us, we can fix it later.
 Ragnarok.Titox
Server: Ragnarok
user: Titox
By Ragnarok.Titox 2013-09-01 20:03:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Kewitt said: »
volkom said: »

The problem I see with this statement. Is MMO have been around for how long. And no one seems to know how to do it right yet.

That is the real problem. It's not a lack of knowning what's going to happen it's a willingness to say, well its going to happens so let it happen to us, we can fix it later.

The problem were....they weren't expecting so many players after the huge FF14 original mess up OR expected the same launch number as the original FF14....after all....they lost millions of dollars and probably kept it....hmmmm.....'simple'? to avoid loses like it did with his predecessor?
All i can say to people who are complaining....suck it up and wait until Wednesday THEN you can complain if it hasn't been fix XD
Is not like they are not doing anything to fix all the login problems

AGAIN...The game just launch....
A friend of mine said "I gonna wait a month to start playing, so they fix all or most of the errors, the economy in the game get kind of stable and the players numbers go down"
 Carbuncle.Shadowa
Server: Carbuncle
user: Monstar
By Carbuncle.Shadowa 2013-09-01 20:27:27
Link | Quote | Reply

how does game like wow handle milions of users ? did they have hundress of servers? just wondering

Its the Duty Finder which is killing the servers. The actual playing servers are fine however, once too many people queue up on Duty Finder the servers become unstable which is what Phase 4 of the Beta showed. The new changes to the servers on Wed. will be adding more servers to help alleviate the stress on the Duty Finder. (Remember Duty Finder is cross server)
 Valefor.Monkeynutz
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Monkeynutz 2013-09-02 01:03:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think there's any sort of 'they should have learned their lesson' going on here. The lesson learned from the original launch was to launch with a decent and complete product, which barring some caveats I feel they did indeed do this time around. You may recall (or more likely not) that they had few server issues with the original launch (or at least not of this nature), though that was largely because the game was rushed and not particularly good.

Sim City didn't need to be online and EA took a long time to fix the problems. They actually disabled most of the features that required you to be online in the first place for a few weeks. It would be similar to SE just disabling the duty finder to stabilize the servers. People could more reliably get online, but everyone would be pissed! Never mind that Sim City still doesn't work as well as it should have at launch.

I can't know how it is for everyone, but since the official launch, I've not waited more than 5 minutes to log on (it was much worse during early access) and I've only had a couple of play sessions to end in error 9000. I did, however, recently experience the launcher repeatedly crashing when trying to download the entire client again (had to reinstall Windows for unrelated reasons) and that was terrible. Good thing there are torrents and kind people out there.
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2013-09-02 11:30:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Did they do that 'free week' thing yet? I thought it was only going to be some time after the new servers got added.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-09-02 12:10:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Shadowa said: »
how does game like wow handle milions of users ? did they have hundress of servers? just wondering

Its the Duty Finder which is killing the servers. The actual playing servers are fine however, once too many people queue up on Duty Finder the servers become unstable which is what Phase 4 of the Beta showed. The new changes to the servers on Wed. will be adding more servers to help alleviate the stress on the Duty Finder. (Remember Duty Finder is cross server)

I'm guessing the Duty Finder utilizes the same servers as when you are logging in then?

Was there any reason given for the amount of people online cap?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Kawar
Server: Sylph
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2013-09-02 13:56:57
Link | Quote | Reply

only thing i can think of is that they kept the team as small as ffxi and if so then se shot them selfs in the foot again.Once cutting the ffxi team and then kicking one of the best team people then rehiring him years later.Now again they are doing it on 14.
 Siren.Knivesz
By Siren.Knivesz 2013-09-02 13:59:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe if you're one of those obsessive addicts who hasn't turned off your PC/PS3 in days in an effort to remain logged on and play you may rage about the maintenance. For everyone else however this maintenance couldn't come any sooner. They can have a maintenance spanning five consecutive days for all I care as long as the issue is resolved once and for all upon its completion.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2013-09-02 13:59:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Angierus said: »
I'm sure there will be rage about the 10hr maint that is coming Tuesday afternoon.

No doubt. I was a little irked about it when I just read Kali's post, but after reading it was to add their new servers - my irk'edness vanished completely :D

Hoping it lightens the load a whole bunch to make it a little easier to log in!
 Carbuncle.Shadowa
Server: Carbuncle
user: Monstar
By Carbuncle.Shadowa 2013-09-02 14:22:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure how exactly the Duty Finder Servers work. If you want a reason why there are server limits going on, you can read this where Yoshi P explains it along with whats going on with the Duty Finder.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/73680
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2013-09-02 15:01:45
Link | Quote | Reply

EA - negative score. SE - even.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Camiie
Server: Fenrir
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2013-09-02 15:54:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Angierus said: »
Comparing SE to EA is pretty laughable.

Right. EA is akin to a completely corrupt, malicious cop. SE is more like Barney Fife. They mean well, but lord are they comically incompetent sometimes.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-09-02 16:47:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Shadowa said: »
I'm not sure how exactly the Duty Finder Servers work. If you want a reason why there are server limits going on, you can read this where Yoshi P explains it along with whats going on with the Duty Finder.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/73680
Thanks for the info. I hadn't seen this one.

I like the way he explains things. Instead of being vague or entirely silent like others.
[+]
 Leviathan.Mexicanknight
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Mexicanknight 2013-09-02 17:33:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I just love how after 2 hrs of pushing the key enter in my keyboard the game hasn't open a single spot for me lol I like how ppl just leave their account on even knowing that theyre sleeping or working! not fair guys!!
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-09-02 18:05:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Mexicanknight said: »
I just love how after 2 hrs of pushing the key enter in my keyboard the game hasn't open a single spot for me lol I like how ppl just leave their account on even knowing that theyre sleeping or working! not fair guys!!

They do it because they know the moment they log off, they may never get on again. While I won't do this myself, I get why they do it. It's frustrating as hell to spend all day trying, and failing, to get in.

If everyone would log off when afk or not playing, it'd work out a lot better for everyone since at least people would get a chance to play and if you DC'ed you might be able to get back online. But since we can't make everyone do that, it just ends up being hell for the people who do log off.
 Cerberus.Ephexis
Server: Cerberus
user: Ephexis
By Cerberus.Ephexis 2013-09-02 18:38:18
Link | Quote | Reply

May I suggest this as a way of fixing the problem of repeatedly pressing enter to try and get logged in?

[+]
 Asura.Zizek
Server: Asura
user: zizek
By Asura.Zizek 2013-09-02 21:03:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Not even close to EA though lol could have said blizzard and it would have been slightly less stupid but still stupid.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2013-09-02 21:32:31
Link | Quote | Reply

EA???

You never tried WAR. As in our servers can't handle the load in this battle, well we will just eliminate this battle.

EA sucks the big green wienie.

Ragnarok.Titox said: »

The problem were....they weren't expecting so many players after the huge FF14 original mess up OR expected the same launch number as the original FF14....after all....they lost millions of dollars and probably kept it....hmmmm.....'simple'? to avoid loses like it did with his predecessor?

1.2 million beta application should have been a clue. Now add to that the 50 - 100K Legacy members, subtract 80% of the preorders (duplicates of the beta applications), add 20% and that is the number they should have expected.
First Page 2