First Page 2 3
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2013-08-25 12:33:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
After the emergency maintenance on the North American/European data Worlds which was conducted from 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. on Aug. 25, to confirm the optimization of the matching server for the Duty Finder, we will be limiting the login more than usual. We will be relieving the limitation gradually as we see oversee the status.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may caues, but we would like to ask for your continued cooperation to make this a stable environment.
 Bismarck.Aselin
Server: Bismarck
user: Aselin
By Bismarck.Aselin 2013-08-25 12:40:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm tempted to just stick to the JP server, Anima, that has a character I created over the Phase 4 Beta since it has had no issues as of late.

Someone commented on Massively:
Quote:
SE launched FFXIV:ARR with 25 servers for one country (Japan), and 25 servers for the rest of the freaking world.
Is anyone (other than SE, that is) surprised that the 25 NA/EU servers are disintegrating under the heavy pressure, while the JP servers seem unaffected?
This is such a major /facepalm moment.
Yeah, it seems ridiculous for SE to seemingly underestimate the demand from the NA/EU side, especially when a lot of NA and EU players would rather play with someone closer to where they are. As a result, would result in better performance and connections having a regionally connected server. Unfortunately, the experience so far on the NA and EU side has turned out to be anything but disappointing for a lot of us. We're having anywhere from connection issues to locked-out servers to broken or over-capacity instance and world servers.

The Japanese players have had no issues that I can see. Barring in-game bugs, their servers have been running along just fine. It's either SE didn't care about the NA and EU players or underestimated their demand, or if going by the FFXI NA/EU player-mentality-- were generally more in favor of Japanese players than anyone outside of Japan.

Yes, connection issues, server issues, and game issues are to be expected with the launch of any MMO. But, when only one region of servers have been running fine far longer than servers in another region, you begin to question whether the company is intentionally favoring one side of the planet over the other. This kind of thinking has happened in FFXI especially when it came to maintaining a PS2 version that many believe has held the game back, but unfortunately majority of JP players play on the PS2.

These servers should be identical in both hardware and software in parity with the JP servers. These issues should not exist. However, if the NA and EU servers lack capacity in comparison to the JP servers, then it should have been befitting of SE to consider increasing capacity especially in response after the Phase 4 beta and before Early Access started for a lot of us.

These server capacity and connection issues does not bode well when the launch comes on August 27th. They need to resolve this soon before then.
[+]
 Siren.Knivesz
Server: Siren
By Siren.Knivesz 2013-08-25 12:47:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Aselin said: »
I'm tempted to just stick to the JP server, Anima, that has a character I created over the Phase 4 Beta since it has had no issues as of late.

Quote:
SE launched FFXIV:ARR with 25 servers for one country (Japan), and 25 servers for the rest of the freaking world.
Is anyone (other than SE, that is) surprised that the 25 NA/EU servers are disintegrating under the heavy pressure, while the JP servers seem unaffected?
Yeah, it seems ridiculous for SE to seemingly underestimate the demand from the NA/EU side, especially when a lot of NA and EU players would rather play with someone closer to where they are. As a result, would result in better performance and connections having a regionally connected server. Unfortunately, the experience so far on the NA and EU side has turned out to be anything but disappointing for a lot of us. We're having anywhere from connection issues to locked-out servers to broken or over-capacity instance and world servers.

The Japanese players have had no issues that I can see. Barring in-game bugs, their servers have been running along just fine. It's either SE didn't care about the NA and EU players or underestimated their demand, or if going by the FFXI NA/EU player-mentality-- were generally more in favor of Japanese players than anyone outside of Japan.

Yes, connection issues, server issues, and game issues are to be expected with the launch of any MMO. But, when only one region of servers have been running fine far longer than servers in another region, you begin to question whether the company is intentionally favoring one side of the planet over the other. This kind of thinking has happened in FFXI especially when it came to maintaining a PS2 version that many believe has held the game back, but unfortunately majority of JP players play on the PS2.

These servers should be identical in both hardware and software in parity with the JP servers. These issues should not exist. However, if the NA and EU servers lack capacity in comparison to the JP servers, then it should have been befitting of SE to consider increasing capacity especially in response after the Phase 4 beta and before Early Access started for a lot of us.

These server capacity and connection issues does not bode well when the launch comes on August 27th. They need to resolve this soon before then.

I tend to agree with all this but I can sorta see SE's reasoning in handling the servers as they did. After all the JP outnumber the rest greatly I would imagine and the game/brand is way more popular there than it is here. It isn't like the Final Fantasy brand has Call of Duty status/popularity here in the states. Its a fairly niche crowd over here I believe.
[+]
By voiceless 2013-08-25 12:48:39
Link | Quote | Reply

is there a japanese version of FFXIVPRO?
 Bismarck.Alyora
VIP
user: alyria
By Bismarck.Alyora 2013-08-25 12:49:10
Link | Quote | Reply

no
Forum Moderator
By AnnaMolly 2013-08-25 13:01:12
Link | Quote | Reply

voiceless said: »
is there a japanese version of FFXIVPRO?
http://jp.ffxivpro.com/forum/topic/40361/login-limitation-after-emergency-maintenance/

That's about it.
[+]
By voiceless 2013-08-25 13:05:53
Link | Quote | Reply

SE needs to disconnect the lobby server i think alot of people are afk in the lobby server or just add a timer on kick
By Luciphron 2013-08-25 13:33:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Japanese tend to favor them self more than others!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Evandis
Server: Ragnarok
user: Evandis
By Ragnarok.Evandis 2013-08-25 13:36:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a feeling this is going to be disastrous, fair or not, you have to be near flawless to pull off a do over. Sadly the game is good. The experience so far has been horrible, and SE customer care community is worse than ever.
 Bismarck.Drakelth
user: drakelth
By Bismarck.Drakelth 2013-08-25 13:40:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Evandis said: »
I have a feeling this is going to be disastrous, fair or not, you have to be near flawless to pull off a do over. Sadly the game is good. The experience so far has been horrible, and SE customer care community is worse than ever.

Yeah, I love the game itself, its everything else that keeps ruining my experience.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2013-08-25 13:41:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually I know of two periods that the Japanese servers were offline. And I haven't tried to log in from yesterday afternoon's maintenance through 10:AM PDT today.

They have problems too. Just not the overload one we have.
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2013-08-25 13:42:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Knivesz said: »

Quote:

I tend to agree with all this but I can sorta see SE's reasoning in handling the servers as they did. After all the JP outnumber the rest greatly I would imagine and the game/brand is way more popular there than it is here. It isn't like the Final Fantasy brand has Call of Duty status/popularity here in the states. Its a fairly niche crowd over here I believe.

With this happening to the NA/EU servers and not the jps I highly doubt that the jps over number us the. Whole reason this is happening is that there are too many people on the NA/EU side trying to log in and do instances on a server not made for that much activity we are overloading the poor thing.
 Siren.Knivesz
By Siren.Knivesz 2013-08-25 13:44:08
Link | Quote | Reply

At least they give you a free thirty day subscription. Otherwise there would be no conceivable way I'd subscribe for the first month with all the bugs the game has and the multiple maintenances everyday that don't even resolve anything lol.
[+]
 Siren.Knivesz
By Siren.Knivesz 2013-08-25 13:49:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Creaucent said: »
With this happening to the NA/EU servers and not the jps I highly doubt that the jps over number us the. Whole reason this is happening is that there are too many people on the NA/EU side trying to log in and do instances on a server not made for that much activity we are overloading the poor thing.

The JP have no problems now because as someone said earlier Japan has as many servers alone as the other two regions combined. So they were well equipped to handle the population. They still outnumber either of the other 2 regions (NA or EU).
 Bismarck.Alyora
VIP
user: alyria
By Bismarck.Alyora 2013-08-25 14:05:05
Link | Quote | Reply

oh fun
By Kimble2013 2013-08-25 14:10:27
Link | Quote | Reply

If they didn't offer you free early access at all, would that be better?
 Ragnarok.Evandis
By Ragnarok.Evandis 2013-08-25 14:11:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Kimble2013 said: »

I am sorry, 60.00 to the PSN, paying the game in full is free now?
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2013-08-25 14:12:13
Link | Quote | Reply

When you pre-order a game you pre-pay for that game. This means that the company is generating an early revenue stream and they can refer to the pre-order numbers to their creditors for justification on loans or adjustments.

Does this mean people paid more? No. Does this mean SE benefited from the pre-orders? Yes.
By Kimble2013 2013-08-25 14:15:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Evandis said: »

I am sorry, 60.00 to the PSN, paying the game in full is free now?

Thats not even the point.

Guess what, if you didn't pre order and got it on release day, it would still be same price.

Also, pre-order doesnt mean its a 100% sale. You can still cancel before the game comes out.
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2013-08-25 14:17:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, pre-order doesnt mean its a 100% sale. You can still cancel before the game comes out.

Money wasn't withdrawn from your account? Because it was from mine. You can do a return, but that happens on most items you buy, you have the option of returning them.
By Kimble2013 2013-08-25 14:19:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said: »

Money wasn't withdrawn from your account? Because it was from mine. You can do a return, but that happens on most items you buy, you have the option of returning them.

I pre-ordered on Amazon for digital download. Do not get charged till the game releases.
 Ragnarok.Evandis
By Ragnarok.Evandis 2013-08-25 14:20:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Saturday was release day for pre-order people. Therefore we have every right to be upset as people who go into the store on the 27th buy it and get the same issues.
First Page 2 3