Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Healing Breath Sets
Healing Breath Sets
 Phoenix.Elliion
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: elliondrk
By Phoenix.Elliion 2013-08-23 21:38:32
Link | Quote | Reply

It's been a long time since I've played DRG, and I am looking to get back into playing the job as much as I did in the 75 days. Since I didn't save any macros or notes, would anyone be willing to post a good Healing Breath set, or at least point me in the right direction?

Thanks for your time.
By lugado 2013-08-24 01:36:49
Link | Quote | Reply

look for the thread called healing breath revisiting old and new info on the drg forums here. Those sets are pretty up to date still. at the very least it's a good starting point
 Quetzalcoatl.Sanriku
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sanriku
By Quetzalcoatl.Sanriku 2013-08-24 13:45:23
Link | Quote | Reply

There are several options for HB sets, and a few posts that will point you in the right direction (as Lugado stated).

Simple answer, this is more or less where you want to be:

ItemSet 311752

Lancer's Helm (NQ) to start, +2 is the goal.
AF1 legs are fine until +1.
Homam Feet are viable until AF2+2.
Lancer's Pelerine works until Updraft Mantle.
With this set, tbh, Ostreger's Mitts are more or less for completion, but not essential really.

Hope this helps.
[+]
 Phoenix.Elliion
Server: Phoenix
user: elliondrk
By Phoenix.Elliion 2013-08-24 18:15:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Sweet. Thanks for the answers, guys.
By Ophannus 2013-08-26 11:22:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Can also look into a healing breath trigger set for when you're /RDM. Stone is instant cast and has a 1 second recast, casts 4MP. Amazing for healing breath now. With all this new HP gear, it's easy to get 2400-2500 HP (1200-1250 HP trigger). Remember if your Healing Breath trigger HP is 1200+, there are very few mobs in the game that can kill you from that high HP, so unless you're fighting multiple mobs or like Ig Alima or something, you're virtually unstoppable.

I use something like this, granted it could have more HP but remember, inventory constraints!

ItemSet 311909

Body augmented with +120 HP
Feet augmented with +40 HP
Legs augmented with +65 HP

Additionally, not only do the Gorney pieces provide good +HP but the +DEF/EVA/VIT helps you to take reduced damage while during the 2-3 seconds until your Wyvern actually hits you with the breath(sometimes I've died between HB activation and the HB actually hitting me, so the +DEF/EVA/VIT helps).
[+]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2013-09-24 11:57:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ophannus said: »
Can also look into a healing breath trigger set for when you're /RDM. Stone is instant cast and has a 1 second recast, casts 4MP. Amazing for healing breath now. With all this new HP gear, it's easy to get 2400-2500 HP (1200-1250 HP trigger). Remember if your Healing Breath trigger HP is 1200+, there are very few mobs in the game that can kill you from that high HP, so unless you're fighting multiple mobs or like Ig Alima or something, you're virtually unstoppable.

I use something like this, granted it could have more HP but remember, inventory constraints!

ItemSet 311909

Body augmented with +120 HP
Feet augmented with +40 HP
Legs augmented with +65 HP

Additionally, not only do the Gorney pieces provide good +HP but the +DEF/EVA/VIT helps you to take reduced damage while during the 2-3 seconds until your Wyvern actually hits you with the breath(sometimes I've died between HB activation and the HB actually hitting me, so the +DEF/EVA/VIT helps).

oh Smart idea to use armor with HP+ (however that doesn't improve HB Potency of Wyvern, just allows it to heal when ur hp would normally be above 50% w/o all that HP armor)

I use this for HB (Might get Median ring from my mule for my HP to be a bit higher than it is.)

Thanks for the idea ^^

HB4 been doing 850~978 HP Heals when HP is below 50%

(Hopefully that is a good #)