Of Letters To Autistic Child's Parents.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Of letters to autistic child's parents.
Of letters to autistic child's parents.
 Valefor.Esdain
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2013-08-21 12:54:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mariane said: »
Valefor.Esdain said: »
Discuss.

(I had to get this out of lolpics 'cause it was sucking the lol and the pics away and turning it into Q('.'Q) text post thread).

Oh well. Sorry about polluting the lolpics thread. I'll try to not do it again. D:

I don't even read text posts in lolpics, but I can assure you that yours want not the only post to have just plain text and no lols. No worries. I didn't want to be the lolpics police, but yeah... it was derailing thread. All better now.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2013-08-21 13:11:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Well *** me with a wooden spoon. Had I known FFXIAH still had to debate the pros and cons of killing children, I wouldn't have bothered posting (And citing, since the humor is in the truth of it all) a picture of what I thought was just a stupid person being an idiot.

Overused memes from here on out. Pinky swear.
[+]
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2013-08-21 13:22:25
Link | Quote | Reply

We have two autistic adults working with everyone else where I work. I believe they are both in their twenties or so.

One of them, Charlotte, is a perfectly intelligent and sweet girl. But she cannot say much of anything except "no." She says no, she shouts no, she sings no. If you write something down for her, she can write clearly and eloquently back to you. She understands other peoples' words, she just can't mimic them. Charlotte assembles boxes, hardware kits, and can use a screwdriver to put frames together.

There is nothing wrong with Charlotte. There is something wrong with anyone who thinks she's a "drain on society" or a sub-par human being.

The other, Ben, is a perfectly intelligent and nice guy. He does not like to talk, but if you say certain phrases to him, he will repeat them back to you. These phrases include encouragement such as "Yeah bro!," "You da man!," and "Sa-wa-wa-weet!" He enjoys the college football in the area and will proudly proclaim that it's a "Bronco Nation!" He gets and gives a lot of encouragement and he brightens a lot of days. He sometimes slaps his hands together in a certain pattern because it comforts him. Ben rides the bus to work alone every day and likes to take walks. He loves to assemble hardware kits.

There is nothing wrong with Ben. There is something wrong with anyone who thinks he's a "drain on society" or a sub-par human being.

My mother adopted five children, all of whom had an issue wherein their mental age was younger than their physical age. One of them is currently in Europe working as a student ambassador for People to People. At least two of them live on their own in assisted living communities. One of them still lives at home. I forget what happened to the other.

There is nothing wrong with any of those five people. There is something wrong with anyone who thinks they are somehow lesser-than a person who has a "whole" mind.

When I was in grade school, everyone's favorite guy was Brian, an autistic kid who just wanted to be alone. But when he was with others, he was a total sweetie and made everyone feel like they were the most important person to him. He made everyone's day a little brighter.

I find it somewhat hard to believe that anyone could be so ignorant as to actually write a letter like that. If that's a real letter, (if,) I certainly hope that the lady who wrote it comes to understand how darn ridiculously she has acted.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-08-21 13:35:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Liela said: »
If that's a real letter, (if,) I certainly hope that the lady who wrote it comes to understand how darn ridiculously she has acted.

I have no intention of diminishing any of what you just said but this is adorable. I picture you arguing with your husband (whoever, you get the idea) and him just being like "awww".
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2013-08-21 13:37:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Letters like these makes me wonder what they put in the water here in the GTA and surrounding areas. Saw this in the newspaper the other day as a front page article and I just sighed.
 Valefor.Esdain
Server: Valefor
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2013-08-21 13:45:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ghishlain said: »
Letters like these makes me wonder what they put in the water here in the GTA and surrounding areas. Saw this in the newspaper the other day as a front page article and I just sighed.

I had to reread this twice because I thought you were talking about why they surrounded everything in Grand Theft Auto 3 and Grand Theft Auto Vice City with water when you couldn't swim.

Well... that got weird.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2013-08-21 14:10:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Esdain said: »
Ragnarok.Ghishlain said: »

I had to reread this twice because I thought you were talking about why they surrounded everything in Grand Theft Auto 3 and Grand Theft Auto Vice City with water when you couldn't swim.

Well... that got weird.

I forgot that GTA can mean both the Greater Toronto Area and Grand Theft Auto, more so the latter for those who don't live in Toronto and surrounding area =p

Carry on, the Galka isn't crazy, I assure you.

~Sneaks away~
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-08-21 14:30:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Being a person with mild ASD, I'd love to see the look on her face when I show her what talents I have. >_>
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-08-21 14:36:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzacoatl said: »
Being a person with mild ASD, I'd love to see the look on her face when I show her what talents I have. >_>

YouTube Video Placeholder
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-08-21 16:34:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
Quetzacoatl said: »

YouTube Video Placeholder
Oh, if only she weren't such a fool.