Another Cooking Master Has Entered The Realm!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Cooking » Another Cooking Master has entered the realm!
Another Cooking Master has entered the realm!
 Cerberus.Hikuzo
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Hikuzo
By Cerberus.Hikuzo 2009-07-15 14:06:59
Link | Quote | Reply

User submitted image

Today - 7-15-09

=DDDD

now for all my + skill items >_>

''slacker'' >_>
[+]
 Carbuncle.Kyri
Server: Carbuncle
user: Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-07-15 14:09:09
Link | Quote | Reply

oooo congrats!!! im -just- about to hit 98 myself ^^ and as of a hr ago im 6k away from my apron^^
 Carbuncle.Zanno
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-07-15 14:09:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Congratulations!

I should really farm royal jelly and finish my cooking as well -.-
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2009-07-15 14:12:11
Link | Quote | Reply

UGH.... congrats! my lazy *** has been 95 for 3 years. DAMN THOSE BEES (ie- im lazy)
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-07-15 14:13:47
Link | Quote | Reply

congrats.

I've been 99 cooking for 2 years. One day I might finish up that final level.
 Cerberus.Hikuzo
By Cerberus.Hikuzo 2009-07-15 14:14:59
Link | Quote | Reply

hehe i spent prolly 12 hours getting 4 ("stacks" of jelly.. aka 48 of them) i have 7 jelly remaining >_<
 Carbuncle.Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-07-15 14:22:46
Link | Quote | Reply

since non of yall in myserver buy buy that divine sap! its cheap now!
 Carbuncle.Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-07-15 14:23:26
Link | Quote | Reply

well assuming your not 99^^:
 Cerberus.Hikuzo
By Cerberus.Hikuzo 2009-07-15 14:44:24
Link | Quote | Reply

hehe
 Fairy.Poof
Server: Fairy
user: Gaea
By Fairy.Poof 2009-07-15 15:53:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice. I'm a taru chef princess too :) Cooking 109 yada yada. Just a couple things I'm gonna point out because I'm sure you are interested in getting up your subcrafts.

A) Clothcraft is a ***. But if you want to be able to do things like tier 3 HQ on Truelove Chocolate, or make Humpty Dumpty Eggs you gotta get it to around 52ish. It's a *** *** ***, especially if you try to do it in a way to break even because then it just takes forever.

B) Level Alchemy. It's a great way to make a lot of your own ingredients. Generally, off the wall stuff that nobody synths and theres a high mark-up for. There's also the cheaper & convenience factor.

C) Leathercraft. Needed for tier3 HQs on True Love chocolate, and to make tanks like Persikos tanks (which are awesome and I carry one with me wherever I go) ^^

Also, don't underestimate the value of a Hocho. It allows you to break into new tiers on some pretty popular synths. My personal favorite is using it to put myself into tier 3 for Carbonara.

Fishing, meh, it's a little overrated. Catching the fish you need to make the better priced sushis is more trouble than it's worth. When it comes to sushi, I find it more profitable to synth it for people for a fee.

Moglification. With the introduction of all the nation based furnishings, it's easier to get wind stuff by creating a Green/Windurst themed Mog House. I noticed you are from windy, so that's probably more appealing to you anyways. You should try getting Rank 10 for the Windurst Flag. It's like +10 Wind ^^

That's all I can really think of right now. Congratulations cutie. Nice to see another adorable tarutaru princess in the kitchen :)
[+]
 Fairy.Poof
By Fairy.Poof 2009-07-15 16:33:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's my wind-based mog house complete with Moglification: Cooking if you want some ideas. I set mine up as a restaurant with a kitchen and a dining area. The front counter is using the wind-based 3-drawer almirah, and the tables are the green windurstian tables topped off with windurstian tea sets. The sandy bookshelf, green storm lantern, wind lamp, cooking sign, windurst flag, cordon bleu set, hammock, wicker box, Ngoma (Drum), green hobby bo, and some stuff I don't even have placed, all add to the *wind* aura.

Pardon the name smudging, I don't like to be popular or get attention and I forgot to /names off.

As you can see, it's not too difficult to make a mog house with a strong elemental affinity that isn't boring. For example, some people place a lot of the same furniture over and over (generally to minimize the impact on their inventory space). You'll notice I also have some expensive pieces like the Mythril bell (used to represent a large dinner bell), as well as the bronze and crystal flowers (made with relatively expensive ingredients). The dining area also has my Harpsichord. There's plenty of things you can do to add diversity and even a little glamor. I'll be adding a Winged Balance soon.

Oh, I'm equipped with my Hocho & training knife. Of course the Training Knife doesn't add +1, but I like the way it looks with my Hocho. :)

If you needed any ideas, I hope this helps. :)

User submitted image

User submitted image

User submitted image

User submitted image

User submitted image
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-07-15 16:37:28
Link | Quote | Reply

That's freakishly cool. o.o
 Fairy.Poof
By Fairy.Poof 2009-07-15 16:39:12
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL... thanks :) It's still under maintenance. I'm working on getting the 101+ Overwhelming wind aura without being tacky :)
 Asura.Celene
Server: Asura
user: Celene
By Asura.Celene 2009-07-15 16:43:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Your MH looks pretty awesome. o.O
 Fairy.Poof
By Fairy.Poof 2009-07-15 16:56:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Celene said:
Your MH looks pretty awesome. o.O

Thank you thank you :) Back before I got my Moghancement and Moglification furnishings for cooking, I had setup that didn't have any restrictions and was purely based on glamor. It was a really nice and I literally spared no expense. But in reality, it wasn't really that challenging to buy the most expensive things on the Auction House and aesthetically arrange them. Anyone can do that.

So, I decided to try a new approach with a bit of a challenge. Creating a "nice" mog house with a purpose. In this case, to benefit my crafting. When I first set out to do this, there weren't as many wind furnishings, but with the introduction to the colored furniture, this became a lot easier. Really, anyone can do this. Also, in my case, I set mine up to include a diner. My mog house is a combination restaurant/house. Other crafters might want to set theirs up in a similar fashion. I can imagine fisherman having an abundance of fish tanks, alchemists having an abundance of books, papers, and drawers, shelves, etc.

It's a lot of fun :)
 Bahamut.Rumaha
Server: Bahamut
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-07-15 17:24:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:
That's freakishly cool. o.o

yea it is ._.

but as an elvaan id feel id havbe a huge problem walking around in there lol
 Carbuncle.Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-07-15 17:42:47
Link | Quote | Reply

very cool im still working in my body
[+]
 Lakshmi.Drekien
Server: Lakshmi
user: Drekien
By Lakshmi.Drekien 2009-07-15 18:12:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Poof said:
Here's my wind-based mog house complete with Moglification: Cooking if you want some ideas. I set mine up as a restaurant with a kitchen and a dining area. The front counter is using the wind-based 3-drawer almirah, and the tables are the green windurstian tables topped off with windurstian tea sets. The sandy bookshelf, green storm lantern, wind lamp, cooking sign, windurst flag, cordon bleu set, hammock, wicker box, Ngoma (Drum), green hobby bo, and some stuff I don't even have placed, all add to the *wind* aura.

Pardon the name smudging, I don't like to be popular or get attention and I forgot to /names off.

As you can see, it's not too difficult to make a mog house with a strong elemental affinity that isn't boring. For example, some people place a lot of the same furniture over and over (generally to minimize the impact on their inventory space). You'll notice I also have some expensive pieces like the Mythril bell (used to represent a large dinner bell), as well as the bronze and crystal flowers (made with relatively expensive ingredients). The dining area also has my Harpsichord. There's plenty of things you can do to add diversity and even a little glamor. I'll be adding a Winged Balance soon.

Oh, I'm equipped with my Hocho & training knife. Of course the Training Knife doesn't add +1, but I like the way it looks with my Hocho. :)

If you needed any ideas, I hope this helps. :)

User submitted image

u have 1 badass moghouse...

Kyri said:
very cool im still working in my body

me too.. at 77k points ; ;
 Cerberus.Hikuzo
By Cerberus.Hikuzo 2009-07-15 22:27:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Poof... YOUR MOG HOUSE IS SEXY!!!!!!

XD

and yeah, i need to work on my aura, and i need to get all of my skill enhancers... but i cant friggn stand ninja, and i get side tracked after a few days of doing GP items... ROFL.... im actually just happy i finally got lvl 100 though, give me a few months and i might have some + skill stuff lol
 Cerberus.Hikuzo
By Cerberus.Hikuzo 2009-07-15 22:28:46
Link | Quote | Reply

errm.... as for sub crafts... im not really interested in them, as much as i would like to be.. although t3 on True love would be nice. and humpedy whatever is a nice gift to some people. lol

but yeah, i'll work sub crafts long down the road..

not to mention im working my mule on his way to GS 100 with smith and alc. sub crafts.

Pain in my ***... but it gets me away from party's and such when i need the escape lol
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-15 23:42:24
Link | Quote | Reply

The only issue with making a MH that looks good and has a purpose is the elemental values on the moghancement. Moglifications aren't so bad, because the signboards have an aura strength of 10, so as long as you don't put anything of the same element with a greater aura strength, you'll still have your moglification. In Poof's situation, it means she can have any wind-based furniture aside from a green nobles bed and she'll always have it.

If you're trying for any other moghancement, it's generally not so easy. I have 101 lightning aura with moghancement desynthesis, but the highest aura strength desynth item I have is 3, meaning that that 101 aura strength is made up of 48 flower stands with an aura strength of 2, and the dream stocking/platter/chest with desynth lightning aura of 3. The only way I can really reduce the amount of flower stands and keep my moghancement, is to buy a 300k thurible (or more likely buy the ingredients and find a crafter), which would allow me to swap in 1 console for every three flower stands. Still not going to do much in the way of making my MH look good like it once did, but for ~800k I could free up about 30 spaces in my MH...
 Fairy.Poof
By Fairy.Poof 2009-07-16 00:23:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Hikuzo said:
Poof... YOUR MOG HOUSE IS SEXY!!!!!!

XD

and yeah, i need to work on my aura, and i need to get all of my skill enhancers... but i cant friggn stand ninja, and i get side tracked after a few days of doing GP items... ROFL.... im actually just happy i finally got lvl 100 though, give me a few months and i might have some + skill stuff lol

Aww, thank you :)

I'd like to remind people that this thread isn't about my mog house. Please congratulate Hikuzo on her 100 craft :) I forgot how some people just post where I post. I didn't want to hijack her thread, I just wanted to give her some ideas on a wind-based mog house and what furnishings she could use and that it's possible to make it look really nice.

Blazza said:
The only issue with making a MH that looks good and has a purpose is the elemental values on the moghancement. Moglifications aren't so bad, because the signboards have an aura strength of 10, so as long as you don't put anything of the same element with a greater aura strength, you'll still have your moglification. In Poof's situation, it means she can have any wind-based furniture aside from a green nobles bed and she'll always have it.

If you're trying for any other moghancement, it's generally not so easy. I have 101 lightning aura with moghancement desynthesis, but the highest aura strength desynth item I have is 3, meaning that that 101 aura strength is made up of 48 flower stands with an aura strength of 2, and the dream stocking/platter/chest with desynth lightning aura of 3. The only way I can really reduce the amount of flower stands and keep my moghancement, is to buy a 300k thurible (or more likely buy the ingredients and find a crafter), which would allow me to swap in 1 console for every three flower stands. Still not going to do much in the way of making my MH look good like it once did, but for ~800k I could free up about 30 spaces in my MH...

Yeah, Green Noble's Bed will flip me over to Moghancement: Experience. Aura Strength 20 verses the feeble 11 strength of my Signboard. I wish SE made the sign boards 21.

My objective was a combination of functionality & aesthetics :)