2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Beatific shield in endgame
Beatific shield in endgame
By Pantafernando 2013-08-20 07:32:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi.
Well to start im already saying that this isnt by any mean a topic to compare beatific against aegis/ochain. The r/e together will beat the new shield.
But this new shild, is he enough to new plds to fit endgame event, and that would mean, holding naakuals and holding nms inside fracture?
Its clear this shield is a solution to allow plds to play in adoulin without the heavy pre requisite of farming the 2 hardest shield in game. So the question is if they managed to find this solution.
Thanks.
 Valefor.Esdain
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2013-08-20 08:15:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Stats so you don't have to be like me and look them up.

DEF:45 HP+15 MP+26 Shield skill +72 Increases chance of successful block Magic damage taken -25%
LV 99 WAR RDM PLD BST SAM
By Ravenn42 2013-08-22 11:17:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone use this shield in skirmish yet? We did a tier 4 and only had a aegis taru pld and he went down at the end. It is easy to fill party with other jobs. Was thinking of gearing my pld just for skirmish and wondering if this shield would be fine for hilding the mobs......

Unless someone has a better party set up for tier 4/5 without a pld?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-08-22 11:20:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Until you can quantify the "increases chance of successful block" as something significant, it won't change the paradigm. PLD without Aegis and/or Ochain won't get much use.
 Shiva.Tedril
Server: Shiva
user: Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2013-08-22 11:23:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Somebody tested it as 75% on mandies. So I guess could just compare same size vs same mob then move to a level that will floor the block rate and do same test and examine the percentage increase/decrease.
 Shiva.Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2013-08-22 11:24:47
Link | Quote | Reply

To me this sheild looks more like an ultimate pld solo peice. However given comparison of pld in real end game not an upgrade at best a side grade.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2013-08-22 11:30:26
Link | Quote | Reply

So how does one obtain this?
By Ravenn42 2013-08-22 11:32:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I leveled pld got gear than took a break to lvl other jobs and never had a chance to make aegis/ochain... I obviously will not make one just to play skirmish. ..

So my only question is... Can a Pld with this shield tank the tier 4/5 mobs In skirmish effectively or should we find a different strategy?
 Shiva.Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2013-08-22 11:38:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ravenn42 said: »
So my only question is... Can a Pld with this shield tank the tier 4/5 mobs In skirmish effectively or should we find a different strategy?
That is not what the title says... But what they are saying is, if your aegis pld died so will beatific assuming game play and other gear is same equal. Bc aegis and ochain is better.
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Isn't this shield a Size 1, meaning it's not blocking that much damage? Ochain blocks more often/more damage and it doesn't bypass the MDT cap ... getting 50% MDT is extremely easy.

Not seeing a reason to use this shield unless you are too lazy to get Ochain.
I was told size 3 I will go find where I saw this.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2013-08-22 11:39:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
you could just use adamas for that ravenn
And Adamas is pretty lol
 Shiva.Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2013-08-22 11:41:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Nvm it is size 1 I guess.
By Inakurate 2013-08-22 11:44:49
Link | Quote | Reply

i love the shield so far. extremely high proc rate,. id say u can tank in this, its no relic. but its ideal. and best one down to a relic
By Pantafernando 2013-08-22 11:48:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems the best strategy is to attack rather than defend.
I went with pld ochain in 2 skirmish 3 3 3 and 1 1 1 and in both we were defeated with massive zerg. Pld ochain went down also so this shield wont have better luck.
Then a friend gave me a hint (thanks derfelcadarn, i read your mail just forgot to thanks online) that you must first strike the flowers in area to slow then down. The last 2 skirmish i did, both 1 1 1, we got 2 easy win placing 3 dds, brd and whm near tent and sending the forth dd to strike enemies base. Also, josiafk showed how effective is blm there. With any kind of refresh, firing non stop tier 1 magic, a blm will do 1,5k per hit and never will ran out mp. If this get nasty, aja should work fine.

About where to find the beatific shield, it drops from yorcia skirmish, any tier, even as primary objective, or can exchanged with Lola (oston gf) trading her 3 ledo- something wings, that also dropped in yorcia skirmish, any tier, any objective, with high rate.
Also, seems that this shield can be augmented with more -pdt, but nothing huge.
By Ravenn42 2013-08-22 12:01:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Seems the best strategy is to attack rather than defend.
I went with pld ochain in 2 skirmish 3 3 3 and 1 1 1 and in both we were defeated with massive zerg. Pld ochain went down also so this shield wont have better luck.
Then a friend gave me a hint (thanks derfelcadarn, i read your mail just forgot to thanks online) that you must first strike the flowers in area to slow then down. The last 2 skirmish i did, both 1 1 1, we got 2 easy win placing 3 dds, brd and whm near tent and sending the forth dd to strike enemies base. Also, josiafk showed how effective is blm there. With any kind of refresh, firing non stop tier 1 magic, a blm will do 1,5k per hit and never will ran out mp. If this get nasty, aja should work fine.

About where to find the beatific shield, it drops from yorcia skirmish, any tier, even as primary objective, or can exchanged with Lola (oston gf) trading her 3 ledo- something wings, that also dropped in yorcia skirmish, any tier, any objective, with high rate.
Also, seems that this shield can be augmented with more -pdt, but nothing huge.

I have no issues with tier 1-3 we clear with 5 ppl tier 4 and 5 is when it gets crazy... we won with a good pld but when he left the pld we got couldnt stay alive.... I thought the shields would be better against physical damage than a aegis that is why I asked but I obviously need to study more .....

Thanks jos I will get the adamas shield and go from there.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-08-22 12:14:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Size 1 shields are borderline worthless for total damage reduction so don't get your hopes up for Beatific.

Killedar Shield or Steadfast Shield would be a better option than Adamas.