Forum » FFXI » General » Reinstalling FFXI
Reinstalling FFXI
 Carbuncle.Cianti
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Cianti
By Carbuncle.Cianti 2009-07-14 20:21:47
Link | Quote | Reply

So yeah I recently had to format my comp due to someone hacking into it. Just wanted to say How irratating it was to find

PlayOnline, Rize of Zilart, Chains of Promithia, Trease of Aht Urhgan and Wings of Godess!

Just wondering if I would have to re download the latest expansion or will it be there when I log on.

P.S Why is the installion music so anoying? and why do I have like 10hrs of updates?
 Garuda.Ishkur
Server: Garuda
user: Ishkur
By Garuda.Ishkur 2009-07-14 20:38:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I will format soon and I redownloaded them all since I misplaced my WoTG disc... so yeah I searched and found a torrent with all discs in one so I just downloaded that... and when I am through with midterms I'll just format my HD and I'll have that backed up...

Anyhow you will have to redownload ALL updates that's the pain in the *** more than installing crap... but yeah if you don't do as I did with dowloading them you'll have to swap discs to install them all.
Unless you got one of those collection discs :P
 Carbuncle.Cianti
Server: Carbuncle
user: Cianti
By Carbuncle.Cianti 2009-07-14 20:40:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Having issues loggin in now with token, saying I got wrong POL password. boo

7HRS of UPDATES LOL
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-07-15 00:24:08
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, have a ball.
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2009-07-15 03:57:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Next time when you wanna formate your HDD copy your whole Final Fanatasy XI folder to a extern HDD. Then after formating install FFXI, replace the new installed FFXI folder with the copied one and you wont have to update for 10 hours. You will only have to do the "check" update which lasts like 15 minutes.
 Garuda.Shizukat
Server: Garuda
user: Shizukat
By Garuda.Shizukat 2009-07-16 05:19:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Finalvegeta said:
Next time when you wanna formate your HDD copy your whole Final Fanatasy XI folder to a extern HDD. Then after formating install FFXI, replace the new installed FFXI folder with the copied one and you wont have to update for 10 hours. You will only have to do the "check" update which lasts like 15 minutes.

I recently did that when I installed in on my new PC. Still have those old seprate CD's so the installation and the copying of files afterwards still took about a hour and a half. But at least the whole update process was over in about half a hour instead of 5~8 hours if it needed to download all the files again.