First Page 2 3 ... 628 629 630 ... 18549 18550 18551
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-11 11:53:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Rumaha said:
Summary, dont live in NY >.>, its a ***ton easier to live everywhere else in the country, - maybe CA

Lol yeah CA can be bad... my old home town in the bay area... 1200ish for a 1 bedroom apartment... and yeah LA area *cringe*. Though I might be able to live down there for cheap/free... so I might just have to go to school down there... thatd be awesome not have to work while going to college and be able to save some money.

Celene said:
I lived in England, apparently living is expensive, but cost of food is cheap.

I was too young to care about any of that stuff, lol.

Well what else was there that you did care about? Like how was it?
 Ramuh.Miemo
user: Miemo
By Ramuh.Miemo 2009-08-11 11:55:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Sallary ~$2500 (Not counting bonuses)
Rent ~$400 (2 roomer)
Broadband 100/10 ~$30
Cell ~$30
Electricity ~17

Rest is spent on ffod and booze. Go about break/even each month.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-11 11:56:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
Dasva said:
Tbest said:
1500/mo isn't that bad. :P I lived out of my car/office for awhile when I was younger. >.>

Well sorta depends on where you live... up here a 3 bedroom apartment is 1300ish. And taxes and the fact that that was 80-120 hours a week... and 8% of my paycheck came right out before anything lol. And mind you I had already been in for almost 3 years. Yeah wasnt good. Military pay is kinda weak sauce but the extra pays can add up lol. But got better like in 1 month I canceled that savings and started getting paid for my promotion and got more money for my extra pays for having so much time in lol. But yeah cost of living here is bad enough where the housing allowance for me was 900 a month... by the time I finally got it.
Yeah, a "three" bedroom. Meaning after all utilities and 2 more roommates... You're spending max of $400/mo giving you $1100/mo for other things. :P

I think you misunderstood me... 1500 wasnt what I was getting. That was before anything was taken out.
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-08-11 11:56:47
Link | Quote | Reply

You spend over $2000/mo on food and alcohol? O.oa
 Ramuh.Miemo
By Ramuh.Miemo 2009-08-11 11:58:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
You spend over $2000/mo on food and alcohol? O.oa

Naws. Have some smaller bills that don't need to be included in the disuccion I guess. Then clothes, FF, etc yada yada.. But a big chunk goes to food/booze/tobaco
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-08-11 11:59:52
Link | Quote | Reply

>.> I spend like $150/month on food. I very rarely drink. I don't smoke. And only buy new clothes if mine start getting holes in them. XD
 Bahamut.Rumaha
Server: Bahamut
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-08-11 12:00:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Got it off my desk, but my knee popped out so sittin for a sec
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-08-11 12:01:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
>.> I spend like $150/month on food. I very rarely drink. I don't smoke. And only buy new clothes if mine start getting holes in them. XD

This, i dont drink at all cuz im a fightin drunk :O, dont smoke, ive had these 2 same pair of shorts since 6th grade, 8 years ago ish, they are my, im lazyly layin around the house these a F'in confortable shorts ;o
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-08-11 12:03:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Rumaha said:
i dont even make 1k a month, working just under full time hrs, and if i worked full time, id net about 1k a month, basically, not enough to live alone on Long Island

I never understood the point of just under full time? Like your not allowed to get full time or something? Actually after working as much as Id have to I think Id prefer that lol. Well maybe more like way under. Unless the pay was awesome

Like they dont have anymore hours to give me, and business's dont want more fulltime employees cuz its benefits.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-08-11 12:05:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Since when are bills and living expenses conversational topics? xD Shape this up!

I'm doing BBQ Pork tonight for dinner, what are some typical sides to serve with this? Something healthier, preferably not potatoes or rice. D:
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-08-11 12:05:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Back to the task at hand!
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-08-11 12:06:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Caiyuo said:
Since when are bills and living expenses conversational topics? xD Shape this up!

I'm doing BBQ Pork tonight for dinner, what are some typical sides to serve with this? Something healthier, preferably not potatoes or rice. D:

Corn, brown rice is fairly healthy if u want to go that route,
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-11 12:06:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:

Lol. Yeah Im not allowed to drink or smoke... lol weird most people I know are kinda clothes friendly. Ive only been buying some recently cause Ive been traveling to warmer places and well the clothes that have done me so well for the last few years up here in washington... not so good for summer in cali. Thats pretty cheap on food. Id spend less but damn I eat too much lame *** metabolism... well that and Im tired of living off ramen and PBJ etc... and well I dont like being really hungry. Hates it... so Ill spend a little extra cause I can to stop it lol.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-11 12:08:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Caiyuo said:

Side dishes!?! Idk I dont eat the BBQ pork really... um vegies always nice whatever kind your into. Maybe some dinner rolls?
 Ramuh.Urial
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2009-08-11 12:09:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Miemo said:
Rent ~$400 (2 roomer)
Broadband 100/10 ~$30
Cell ~$30
Electricity ~17

Holy hell miemo, you must smoke like a coal powered steam driven locomotive, while your blood alcohol content is trough the roof.
 Asura.Celene
Server: Asura
user: Celene
By Asura.Celene 2009-08-11 12:10:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:

Celene said:

I was uhm, 11. So the most interesting stuff to me was school. Every school had a uniform, was pretty cool. I think schools here, including public, should wear uniforms. It just made everything so much easier, and people would not pick on your clothing. Instead it was your backpack, but that's another story. <.<

The life style is pretty different. Instead of a coffee shop on every corner, there are pubs. I don't recall seeing as many fast food places, either.

Shopping district was blocked off, no cars were allowed on the street. There are not "malls", really, just a bunch of shops all lined up together, like a strip mall.

I found children were exposed to more things at an early age. At 12 kids were smoking and drinking, since you can legally have your first beer when 16. Also, maybe just where I was, but children were exposed to foul language. I was brought up in a small, close-knit military community, so everything was pretty... well, you know.

They're more out going, and more party animals, I find.

Oh yeah, and they drive backwards. :P All the roads are smaller, and smaller cars, too.
 Asura.Luelle
user: Luelle
By Asura.Luelle 2009-08-11 12:11:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Can it be Thursday yet? Pleaaaaaaase?!
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-11 12:13:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Celene said:
Dasva said:

Celene said:

I was uhm, 11. So the most interesting stuff to me was school. Every school had a uniform, was pretty cool. I think schools here, including public, should wear uniforms. It just made everything so much easier, and people would not pick on your clothing. Instead it was your backpack, but that's another story. <.<

The life style is pretty different. Instead of a coffee shop on every corner, there are pubs. I don't recall seeing as many fast food places, either.

Shopping district was blocked off, no cars were allowed on the street. There are not "malls", really, just a bunch of shops all lined up together, like a strip mall.

I found children were exposed to more things at an early age. At 12 kids were smoking and drinking, since you can legally have your first beer when 16. Also, maybe just where I was, but children were exposed to foul language. I was brought up in a small, close-knit military community, so everything was pretty... well, you know.

They're more out going, and more party animals, I find.

Oh yeah, and they drive backwards. :P All the roads are smaller, and smaller cars, too.

Lol sounds like fun... and yeah military communities are different lol. Idk I mostly dont like the idea of wearing uniforms in school... well actually I just hate whereing uniforms now... but god a girl in a school uniform can be pretty sexi.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-11 12:14:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Luelle said:
Can it be Thursday yet? Pleaaaaaaase?!

*uses time machine to make thursday come by immediately for lue*
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-08-11 12:15:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Rumaha said:
Corn, brown rice is fairly healthy if u want to go that route,
Corn sounds good. Just had a huge sale on the steam-fresh veggies so I have a stockpile. haha

Dasva said:
Side dishes!?! Idk I dont eat the BBQ pork really... um vegies always nice whatever kind your into. Maybe some dinner rolls?
Might do garlic breadz to nom with it in the place of rolls, which sounds awesome ..but also not so healthy. Oh well! lol

Side note: I'd really hate to be the 2 or 3 people that have to sit behind the President during these televised events. lol
 Ramuh.Miemo
By Ramuh.Miemo 2009-08-11 12:16:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Urial said:
Miemo said:
Rent ~$400 (2 roomer)
Broadband 100/10 ~$30
Cell ~$30
Electricity ~17

Holy hell miemo, you must smoke like a coal powered steam driven locomotive, while your blood alcohol content is trough the roof.

I smoke 1 pack a day. ($7,20) but I also "Snusar" thats another $7,20 each day.

For people who don't know what it is, it's tobaco.
User submitted image
 Asura.Celene
By Asura.Celene 2009-08-11 12:17:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Lol sounds like fun... and yeah military communities are different lol. Idk I mostly dont like the idea of wearing uniforms in school... well actually I just hate whereing uniforms now... but god a girl in a school uniform can be pretty sexi.

I love uniforms. Less money to spend on clothing. When I moved back to Canada, I was excited to to wear a uniform at my school. (Mom sent me to another Catholic school, in hopes it would *help* me)
Little skirty, teehee. xD
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-08-11 12:18:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Luckily I only smoke when I'm stressed out (more often than I'd like to admit), but luckily that makes a pack last me at least a week. Haven't gotten addicted yet, but they're nice to have around.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-08-11 12:19:11
Link | Quote | Reply

RAWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I need to fight someone after gettin that big *** up 7 steps
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-08-11 12:19:14
Link | Quote | Reply

/pokes his head in to see whats going on

nothing is going on

/returns to Palborough Mines
 Asura.Celene
By Asura.Celene 2009-08-11 12:19:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Miemo said:

User submitted image

You are like a giant smoke stack. *poof*
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-11 12:20:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Celene said:
Dasva said:

I love uniforms. Less money to spend on clothing. When I moved back to Canada, I was excited to to wear a uniform at my school. (Mom sent me to another Catholic school, in hopes it would *help* me)

Lol silly girl
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-08-11 12:22:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Celene said:

I am so very interested. I went to a private Christian School for the first half my of school, i agree uniforms are better for the sake of "fitting in" But proper suit-type cloths dont fit well on me >.>
 Ramuh.Urial
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2009-08-11 12:23:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Miemo said:
Urial said:
Miemo said:
Rent ~$400 (2 roomer)
Broadband 100/10 ~$30
Cell ~$30
Electricity ~17

How do you go trough a can a day? are you doing like 3-4 big pinches a day?

User submitted image
 Hades.Cheyne
Server: Hades
user: Cheyne
By Hades.Cheyne 2009-08-11 12:23:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Uniforms are nice yeah.

That way there's no fashion contests and people who dress oddly.

Although, I do love my randomly coloured shoes. o.o
First Page 2 3 ... 628 629 630 ... 18549 18550 18551